PDA

View Full Version : SITE POLL: Credit Reset

Mindless
05-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Not too long ago a discussion was had in the staff forum where I brought up a solution I had come up with a long time ago for the problem of there being a lack of voting on battles. The general consensus was that my idea was a good one and so I'm presenting it here to you in the form of a poll to get a consensus for what you guys think.

The options are:

A one time reset that puts everyone at 9 credits
A monthly credit reset where every first of the month credits are reset to 9
No reset

I think the reasoning here is pretty obvious. There a users sitting on hundreds of credits who could basically battle forever without having to drop a vote again. I'm not accusing anyone or anything here, I'm just saying that it shouldn't even be an option for that to happen. I've considered most of the concerns you guys are probably going to have with this so feel free to post them and the other mods and I will do our best to answer questions and alleviate concerns as we can.

Aggo
05-10-2017, 09:08 PM
I could care less if my credits get zapped. Not sure if it will work but if you think it has merit, go right ahead.

Rant
05-10-2017, 09:30 PM
What do I get for my 600 collective credits?

Celsius
05-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Zap 'em. Zap 'em all!

Student
05-10-2017, 10:18 PM
I think one time to 9 and monthly reset to zero, I would agree with 9 monthly if people were battling more but as of the start of this year more then half of battlers were putting up less then 3 battles. (Based on my quick glance of the rankings)

Sidenote: There goes my 10,000 credits I was never going to use lol

Celsius
05-11-2017, 01:04 AM
Though; voting on 32's or 64's should be worth credits than voting on 8 lines.

Mindless
05-11-2017, 01:50 AM
What do I get for my 600 collective credits?

Knowledge that you've been one of the best contributors to the site. Maybe before we do the reset we can come up with something for those of you with hundreds of points as a reward.

I think one time to 9 and monthly reset to zero, I would agree with 9 monthly if people were battling more but as of the start of this year more then half of battlers were putting up less then 3 battles. (Based on my quick glance of the rankings)

Sidenote: There goes my 10,000 credits I was never going to use lol

I don't know about setting it all the way to 0. Maybe 3 would be a good compromise.

Though; voting on 32's or 64's should be worth credits than voting on 8 lines.

That's something we can consider in the future. You're talking about altering the actual code for the site though which is considerably more work than just manually resetting the credits.

Rant
05-11-2017, 04:02 AM
Tbh fam, I just want my "repping" changed to "parts unknown."

Celsius
05-11-2017, 04:06 AM
Tbh fam, I just want my "repping" changed to "parts unknown."

Lol. You reppin transgenders?

HIGHpothasis
05-11-2017, 06:02 AM
Lol. You reppin transgenders?

...Pwaaahahahah. of Course he is! He already got the Titties!!

Dexter3
05-11-2017, 11:10 AM
I say there's no need for this unless it's to clear some type of cache in the system. The cats that do hord credits rarely battle anyways

Row
05-11-2017, 04:34 PM
this wont do shit. people will just battle less, or vote half assed. i think like 2 years ago, people will join the site with little to no credits, be like "oh i need to vote to battle" .. they vote shitty most of the time, drop one battle, see they need more credits again, and call it quits. look up how much accounts there are that were only active for a day or two.. tonnes.

& with the second option, monthly resets, it will just create more of those people who battle/vote for a small time, then ghost, because no one will be thrilled or bothered to put in work in voting if what they are getting out of it just vanishes periodically. battles will be rushed = less quality.

*sniffs* this seems like a cheap way to get moderators/admins to put in less work in voting on battles. voting wouldnt even be that of an issue if every mod put in the same amount of work in voting, whether they battle or not. lead by example.

yea sure, people have a lot of credits, but not intentionally, there just isnt anything else to do with them, other than battling. think resetting credits will get people to jump and vote/battle sporadically? reason for lack of voting isnt because people have a lot of credits and dont need more via voting.

Credits need to have more of a purpose other than starting battles, that way people can use their earned credits and have them constantly deplete like money in their wallet. make it like vc in 2K

2 cents X Pugz

Aggo
05-11-2017, 05:13 PM
So then, cosign what Godbody has been saying for 6 years?

Mindless
05-11-2017, 07:04 PM
this wont do shit. people will just battle less, or vote half assed. i think like 2 years ago, people will join the site with little to no credits, be like "oh i need to vote to battle" .. they vote shitty most of the time, drop one battle, see they need more credits again, and call it quits. look up how much accounts there are that were only active for a day or two.. tonnes.[quote]

I don't think having to vote to get credits to battle is the only reason people don't stay very long. Some people don't figure out the battle system, so just can't be bothered, some lose and then immediately decide that the voters are biased and fuck off and a myriad of other reasons.

[QUOTE=Row;1126017]& with the second option, monthly resets, it will just create more of those people who battle/vote for a small time, then ghost, because no one will be thrilled or bothered to put in work in voting if what they are getting out of it just vanishes periodically. battles will be rushed = less quality.

Or, they'll vote just enough to be able to put their battles out. Which could also be an issue, but, at least they would have to vote to put their battles out instead of sitting on a hoard of credits.

*sniffs* this seems like a cheap way to get moderators/admins to put in less work in voting on battles. voting wouldnt even be that of an issue if every mod put in the same amount of work in voting, whether they battle or not. lead by example.

The idea is to get more people voting. I agree that mods should vote but it shouldn't just be on mods to make sure there are enough votes to close a battle. The entire point of having a credit system is to make users vote on battles so that battles have enough points to close. If mods are the only ones that are going to vote then why even have a credits you have to spend to battle and post cyphers?

Another issue is mod comments on battles which is something else I'm starting to complain about. We should have the option to have our comments sit with the rest of the battle comments unless we're doing something that requires everyone to see it. It's hard to leave good, descriptive comments w/o swaying when your comment is going to be the only one people can see before they vote on the battle.

yea sure, people have a lot of credits, but not intentionally, there just isnt anything else to do with them, other than battling. think resetting credits will get people to jump and vote/battle sporadically? reason for lack of voting isnt because people have a lot of credits and dont need more via voting.

Credits need to have more of a purpose other than starting battles, that way people can use their earned credits and have them constantly deplete like money in their wallet. make it like vc in 2K

2 cents @X (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=4) @Pugz (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=6)

It costs credits to battle and post cyphers. Neither section is bursting with activity at the moment. I agree with there needing to be more uses for credits and this has been discussed at length not just here in the boards but also in private with the owner of the site. Implementing new code and features for something that large isn't something that can be easily implemented in any kind of short time frame. I'm spitballing stop gap measures here.

Bnas
05-12-2017, 07:04 AM
horrible idea, I cosign everything Row said. also the dudes who been on this site voting for years and years shouldnt have there credits whiped out as a way to get more activity to the site. not fair at all

let the chirpin begin

Aggo
05-12-2017, 08:47 AM
Your credits don't mean shit anyway you 0 vp having, shit voting, not readin the verse headed ass. Fuck your credits.

Rant
05-12-2017, 11:58 AM
I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. Though, I've refrained from voting.

I'll make this point, as a counter. Being one of the people who is hoarding credits in this way, what I can remark on, is that losing those credits won't entice me to battle more. I rarely vote and battle as it is. Removing those credits, more realistically, will probably just push myself and other members like me to battle even LESS. As a maintaining of those pre-established less-than-eager-voting habits.

Mindless
05-12-2017, 01:05 PM
I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. Though, I've refrained from voting.

I'll make this point, as a counter. Being one of the people who is hoarding credits in this way, what I can remark on, is that losing those credits won't entice me to battle more. I rarely vote and battle as it is. Removing those credits, more realistically, will probably just push myself and other members like me to battle even LESS. As a maintaining of those pre-established less-than-eager-voting habits.

I'm just fishing for ways to get more people voting here. It's crazy to me to see the voting situation has gotten as bad as it has. Especially Audio. Maybe more tournaments are a better answer. We're supposed to have monthly tourneys and we haven't done that. Maybe the top 8 or 16 every month for something for the award system and then those can stack to bigger rewards for multi time winners.

EtH
05-12-2017, 01:32 PM
1. You guys know you can just rate any of the thousands of a cyphers whatever the fuck you want and get credits for it right?

2. I got two mod votes on an awesome 32, one from Punk who actually put in work, one from DW who didn't even click the links to get any personals, and no more. Can someone inform me what exactly mods are doing? There are no members and no battles. There are no spammers. What's your day to day jobs in the role exactly?

Relentless420
05-12-2017, 05:36 PM
i completely disagree. Audio is dead and we are exactly that...audio. I try to read text battles, but i just can't

just my opinion

EtH
05-13-2017, 05:27 AM
i completely disagree. Audio is dead and we are exactly that...audio. I try to read text battles, but i just can't

just my opinion

Why the fuck is this relevant?

Relentless420
05-13-2017, 11:10 PM
its relevant because there are a ton of people on the typing side of this site.
For the people in Audio we need the credits.

Is it clear for you?

Mindless
05-14-2017, 12:01 AM
its relevant because there are a ton of people on the typing side of this site.
For the people in Audio we need the credits.

Is it clear for you?

You would have credits if you voted.

Student
05-15-2017, 06:01 PM
If you're actively participating in battling and expect votes on your battles you yourself should be voting. Logic's pretty air-tight.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hLJkrSW51B3d6/giphy.gif

Relentless420
05-15-2017, 06:20 PM
i vote on the audio battles.
unless i'm blocked

noone is denying that. the moral of the post was "audio is dead"...and we need our credits

Bape
05-15-2017, 08:14 PM
This would only really increase votes from people who battle regularly. Most of whom vote regularly as well. So you might not see much of a difference. What needs to happen is there needs to be more incentives for voting. However I'm glad you guys are taking notice, voting is really freaking teadious.

Aggo
05-15-2017, 08:16 PM
The problem isn't the people here as much as it is the people that aren't here. We need a larger userbase. People that are logging in are already active in some way. We need to get people here and keep them here. Not fix the ones that already are.

Relentless420
05-15-2017, 08:18 PM
preach Aggo

Bape
05-15-2017, 08:29 PM
The problem isn't the people here as much as it is the people that aren't here. We need a larger userbase. People that are logging in are already active in some way. We need to get people here and keep them here. Not fix the ones that already are.

This.

EtH
05-15-2017, 09:12 PM
Like 3 of the people bitching voted on me Vs Cel so I couldn't give two fucks what most of you think about voting.

ILLoKWENT
05-16-2017, 01:33 PM
another simpler way is to make it cost more credits to battle = more votes..

Bape
05-16-2017, 05:01 PM
another simpler way is to make it cost more credits to battle = more votes..

There would still need to be a reset to start with, most members are sitting on hundreds of credits lmao.

Relentless420
05-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Like 3 of the people bitching voted on me Vs Cel so I couldn't give two fucks what most of you think about voting.

Cel had me blocked... lol

King Honeybee
05-24-2017, 12:04 PM
I only just made an account yesterday and one of the issues I see with the website is that it doesn't seem to actively engage in the battle rap community enough to bring new people in.

What I think should be done is a monthly reset of credits, and make battles cost more credits, like a lot more. Most people aren't going to be battling enough for the voting requirement to effect them much. If you do both of those then you should see an increase in voting as well as in increase in battles(people will want to battle more because people will be viewing battles more).

Another thing I have noticed is that a lot of dudes just don't make any sense in their text battles. That can make them more difficult for people to read, and some will just ignore the mechanic entirely. There should be a voting mechanic on cohesiveness and ability for the readers to understand so you don't get as many dudes typing up random shit that occasionally rhymes.

YC
05-24-2017, 09:21 PM
I only been here since january and ive voted on over 100 battles audio/text combined i earned my credits i think i have 85 now and i still constantly vote so i wouldnt want my shit getting juiced but its w.e if it does.

OSKAR
05-25-2017, 12:32 AM
An increase in credits needed to battle will eventually lead to less battling and voting. Or an increase of 'fv vb' type of shit.

Just reset everyone now see If it works out and if it does implement it on a monthly basis

EtH
05-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Or you guys could just drop a 10 rating on 100 2006 cyphers and never have to vote again?