PDA

View Full Version : New Battle Type: Blind Drops

X
03-15-2017, 04:12 AM
I added a new battle type called Blind Drops

Blind Drops work like Tournament battles, where you can't hear/see any battle participant verses until both participants have posted. So you can post open or private battles as Blind Drops now.

Looking for your feedback on this new battle type:
Do you like this battle type?
Do you think it should be worth more/less points?

NostradaVus
03-15-2017, 04:20 AM
This sounds like a good idea. Cant just post an average verse for those snipes unless youre super familar with the opponent. Will make everyone come with heat everytime.

HIGHpothasis
03-15-2017, 04:34 AM
Perfect Addition To The Site. And I Think Since That Ups The Difficulty Of Rebuttle, I'd. vote For Those to Be Worth More. points Definitely!!!

Continue to Impress Us X!!!

#SALUTE™

LBTRAGIK
03-15-2017, 05:03 AM
On everything I've been thinking about this.. It's a easy advantage on a snipe to come with name flips while the other losses that advantage due to it being a open.. Great idea! More points is even better! Also, there needs to be an auto system set up where you don't have to rely on mods to give you your items when there due. Ive missed many emcee items I should of got and never did.. Reached out to mods to receive them and never got any reply.. Maybe something could be done about that?? Good stuff @X you're getting this site back up and running homie!

Row
03-15-2017, 11:30 AM
I added a new battle type called Blind Drops

Blind Drops work like Tournament battles, where you can't hear/see any battle participant verses until both participants have posted. So you can post open or private battles as Blind Drops now.

Looking for your feedback on this new battle type:
Do you like this battle type?
Do you think it should be worth more/less points?

question:

so if anyone drops a battle and decided not to use the "blind drop" option, can their opponent be entitled to flip their verse without consequence?

HIGHpothasis
03-15-2017, 12:50 PM
question:

so if anyone drops a battle and decided not to use the "blind drop" option, can their opponent be entitled to flip their verse without consequence?

I Would Think HELL YEAH. that's been The Way LB Rocked. Dropping a Open. You KNOW the Consequence. that's how its always Been. that's Why everyone Has Been Verily Afraid To Drop Em. Maybe Now I Wont Be the Only One Dropping Opens. Hahah. (well Except The Noobies). 😂😂😂

X
03-15-2017, 12:55 PM
question:

The default option is your verse is visible as it's always been, Blind Drops are optional and have to be enabled when you start a battle.

Babylon
03-15-2017, 01:02 PM
Really like the addition of this, appreciate it @X.

question:

This got me thinking, it really is essentially the opposite of a strategists move to drop opens on letsbeef, as most of your impact can be lessened or negated with the right well crafted rebuttal. On the flip side, though, it makes you overshoot with your verse and really write, most of the time.

Then again, I don't think any new members will adjust to the rule of "dont mention the content of the guy you are battling" well. So I fucks with just the addition of the blind drop option. Wouldn't want any change of the way opens work right now, I think this addition alone includes the necessary dynamic you're talking about if I picked up what you were saying right. once again dope move on Xs part

lllllllllllll
03-15-2017, 02:00 PM
I may start battling a lot

Dexter3
03-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Don't know how I feel about it tbh
Let's see how it pans out

BurnTheArsonist
03-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Great idea! I never want to send bars to someone specifically bc I don't know if they will respond back . Good shit

Student
03-15-2017, 07:57 PM
Good addition, besides the non-flipping aspect this will change forum tournaments as well which might require no-flipping.

lllllllllllll
03-15-2017, 08:06 PM
Good addition, besides the non-flipping aspect this will change forum tournaments as well which might require no-flipping.

This.

I like the idea of blind drops. I feel like people won't take all damn year to respond to each other.

Babylon
03-15-2017, 08:17 PM
I may start battling a lot

Do it fam, honestly there hasn't been a better time to be active on here in years. Even the GC was impressive considering the recent activity. As much as the audio side exemplified the work we need to put in, we're coming the fuck back.

YC
03-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Best addition imo good job X

NOBLE
03-16-2017, 01:22 AM
This is Dope! Props X! Makes me want to start battling and voting again.

Pugz
03-16-2017, 10:06 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Shaquille-Oneal-Happy-Dance-Reaction-Gif.gif

Student
03-16-2017, 11:15 PM
http://media.riffsy.com/images/d31e8e9dcf4c29a5d34d9aac177cb692/raw

Blind Guy McSqueezy

HIGHpothasis
03-16-2017, 11:42 PM
http://media.riffsy.com/images/d31e8e9dcf4c29a5d34d9aac177cb692/raw

Blind Guy McSqueezy

*Crickets*

....Um Wtf?

Bosses
03-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Yea this is dope, I normally like seeing the guys verse tho, to see if he is the type to cap or bold "multis" that are not thoroughly rhyming. So I prob wouldnt use it much.

what about a blind box that also shows a random topic once accepted and that needs to be done within 10-30 mins of accepting the battle? and the bars have to strictly be about the random topic. it would almost be like a freestyle text battle. I mostly freestyle so I kinda would like to see that.

Shodan
03-18-2017, 10:24 AM
what about a blind box that also shows a random topic once accepted and that needs to be done within 10-30 mins of accepting the battle? and the bars have to strictly be about the random topic. it would almost be like a freestyle text battle. I mostly freestyle so I kinda would like to see that.

This seems a bit too specific and narrow to be a site feature, but you could agree to do this with someone else.

Babylon
03-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Agreed Shodan, though a keystyle option would be pretty interesting. See who can come up with the best material on very short notice type thing. There's just no way to stop someone from writing their entire verse & pasting it in..

NOBLE
03-18-2017, 02:04 PM
Once a blind drop battle has opened, is there a way for voters to know that the blind drop option had been used?

Student
03-18-2017, 02:18 PM
Once a blind drop battle has opened, is there a way for voters to know that the blind drop option had been used?

You see a little eye with a slash through it next to the battle in the arena.
https://www.letsbeef.com/freestyle_battles.php?section=tb&arena=2

Macc's and my battle has it

https://www.letsbeef.com/images/blind-drop.png

NOBLE
03-18-2017, 02:24 PM
You see a little eye with a slash through it next to the battle in the arena.
https://www.letsbeef.com/freestyle_battles.php?section=tb&arena=2

Macc's and my battle has it

https://www.letsbeef.com/images/blind-drop.png

Dope! Thanks!

Malishus
03-18-2017, 06:33 PM
a timed text battle may be possible.. have a timer option like 5min, 10 min, 30 min..,.. and then create an on screen timer to start once the guy starts writing... which cant be manipulated, so if the guy isn't done when the timers up, its too late.. and to prevent prewrittens to be copy pasted, set it up so someone cant paste anything on the freestyle box, which forces them to have to write it out.@X

Shodan
03-18-2017, 07:16 PM
to prevent prewrittens to be copy pasted, set it up so someone cant paste anything on the freestyle box, which forces them to have to write it out.

You could just have it prewritten and then retype it manually. It would be mildly inconvenient but it could be done.

Bosses
03-18-2017, 07:25 PM
I was thinking something like this, once the user accepts the battle a few random topics come up
https://www.randomlists.com/topics

And then the timer counts down 10 mins or so to write it in once he sees the random topic. both rappers obviously have to write about the random topic

I normally do this but instead of random topics I just pick apart the users name. It does get boring tho if you battle the same guy multiple times ha so random topics would be cooler imo

Not sure how ya battle or if this would be popular tho

Malishus
03-18-2017, 08:23 PM
random concepts or things to use in the battle to diss your opponent, which would generate each time you start a freestyle text battle..so it wont be the same concept each time.. which would prevent prewritten also

Dirty Work
03-18-2017, 08:45 PM
random concepts or things to use in the battle to diss your opponent, which would generate each time you start a freestyle text battle..so it wont be the same concept each time.. which would prevent prewritten also

Yeah, this would definitely be necessary to prevent re-typing a pre written verse

03-19-2017, 01:42 AM
Dope idea. Cheers!

Babylon
03-19-2017, 01:32 PM

That's quite a lot more work just to cater to the preference or inability to either buy a $20 mic or learn how to actually spit what you write down. Beyond that, this still doesn't stop people from writing some "freestyle" bars, adhering to some of the few topics given, then just using the writtens to fill in the rest of the box..

Just doesn't work imo, you can cheat this idea no matter how you spin it I'm fairly certain.

EDIT: Unless you call it a "Concept battle" in the options where you're given like 3-4 concepts for an 8 line battle (scales up) and can ONLY drop things related to them. I fucks with that more-so than anything else, and it still fits under the freestyle umbrella. Even still though, the concepts would have to be good & there would need to be so many, combating repeats.

Papi
03-19-2017, 04:25 PM
Is Dexter, the same chemist from all other forums?

X
04-06-2017, 02:21 AM
47% of audio battles and 59% of text battles have been blind drops since we launched this feature, looks like it is popular enough to keep around

Babylon
04-06-2017, 02:33 AM
i'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, i'd say definitely keep it