PDA

View Full Version : Idea for addressing biters on LB

Godbody
03-04-2017, 07:34 PM
I don't think LB is at a point where people should be gettin banned left & right for biting. In the past I'd say go right ahead..but in the past activity levels were thru the roof

So...My proposition

Give first time biters a custom "BITER" usertitle under their name. If they bite again they get banned, if they go through a probationary period (6months-1yr) without biting, the user title gets removed?

2nd time offense is ban and "Serial biter" usertitle

Nicholas
03-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Similar things to this have been tried and failed. I just think short-term bans and an auto-loss are appropriate.

Godbody
03-04-2017, 07:58 PM
A short term ban on a dying site isn't a good look. How long is a short term ban? lol I'm not saying we shouldnt have any standards, I'm just saying we can't afford to lose activity. As soon as someone has the biter usertitle anyone he vs will probably check his bars to see if he bit. He bites again its a perma ban with "Serial biter" usertitle

Shodan
03-04-2017, 07:58 PM
I don't think LB is at a point where people should be gettin banned left & right for biting.

"People are making more money now than they used to, so we shouldn't throw people in jail for stealing"

Or, "The economy is worse now than it used to be and poverty rates are higher, so people should be allowed to steal"

See how stupid this is?

Godbody
03-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Are you equating a real life commodity (& necessity tbh) to a fucking rap battle website?

See how gay you sound?

Shodan
03-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Are you equating a real life commodity (& necessity tbh) to a fucking rap battle website?

See how gay you sound?

Yeah, because the analogy shows that your suggestion and argument are fucking retarded.

Celsius
03-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Horrible idea, ban should still be in effect. Doesn't matter if it's a dying site..we don't want biters here anyway. Actually might give more of a motive to bite .."I won't get banned just have this stupid user title"

Dirty Work
03-04-2017, 10:27 PM
lol, a couple people in here going hard on Godbody. This isn't a horrible idea at all, but it might not be a good one either. Like Nicholas said, this sort of thing has been tried. I don't know as though it was a failure though, I think it just wasn't enforced very actively. That being said, it didn't seem to have much effect. Auto-losses are a given and could be viewed not so much as a punishment to the offender, but simply something that ought to happen regardless. Short-term bans are not really too effective in a lot of cases either, but it's the best thing I can think of at the moment.

Blunt Rapper
03-04-2017, 11:00 PM
And another one gone, and another one gone. Another one bites the dust. I think LB needs to concentrate on building a backbone and a reputation for integrity rather than begging for shitty people to make the site look busy. People will stick around and numbers will build if the things I mention are in place. Unless Godbody wants to hold signs advertising "LB now accepting biters! We need members!"

Babylon
03-04-2017, 11:18 PM
And another one gone, and another one gone. Another one bites the dust. I think LB needs to concentrate on building a backbone and a reputation for integrity rather than begging for shitty people to make the site look busy. People will stick around and numbers will build if the things I mention are in place. Unless Godbody wants to hold signs advertising "LB now accepting biters! We need members!"

:clapping:

Shodan
03-04-2017, 11:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ty0i10D.jpg

Babylon
03-04-2017, 11:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ty0i10D.jpg

needs macc flexing in one window and bnas spitting in the other then itll basically be our entrance

Blunt Rapper
03-04-2017, 11:58 PM
needs macc flexing in one window and bnas spitting in the other then itll basically be our entrance

I already see that. Everyone else should too.

Godbody
03-05-2017, 11:10 AM
lol u have 0 business savvy if you're banning the most active members like clockwork on a site that peaks at 12-16 people daily

The 'biters' on this website are some of the most active members. Droppin opens all the time, battling, voting, etc

why are you worried about protecting LB's reputation as if the site didnt die 3-4 yrs ago. If someone bites once it's an automatic usertitle. Bearing that usertitle, anyone who battles them will look up their bars to see if they bit. 1 more strike and its a perma ban. Ya'll over here talking about short term bans lol for a 1st offense.

1 warning 1 permaban. the dude that gets banned will have no excuses after he got off with a warning before. and it'll be a perm ban

Babylon
03-05-2017, 11:51 AM
lol u have 0 business savvy if you're banning the most active members like clockwork on a site that peaks at 12-16 people daily

The 'biters' on this website are some of the most active members. Droppin opens all the time, battling, voting, etc

why are you worried about protecting LB's reputation as if the site didnt die 3-4 yrs ago. If someone bites once it's an automatic usertitle. Bearing that usertitle, anyone who battles them will look up their bars to see if they bit. 1 more strike and its a perma ban. Ya'll over here talking about short term bans lol for a 1st offense.

1 warning 1 permaban. the dude that gets banned will have no excuses after he got off with a warning before. and it'll be a perm ban

What is clock-work to you? If people are biting like clock-work they deserve to be banned like clock-work. Reputation is all anyone or any brand has. This shit already has a bad reputation staff-wise, and you want to muddy the only pure pool left for the sake of pseudo-activity?

The point is that this "activity" you are preaching about conserving is hollow. Bnas messaging every new member that registers to snipe them isn't positive. Im sure the immediate bodybag has in fact deterred quite a few people from doing another battle. There are negative forms of activity, if you're sniping constantly or just pumping shit out to over saturate the arena not only do you consistently get less votes because of people not wanting to keep reading macc battles 5 times a day, but you often fuck up the rankings and contribute to a MYRIAD of other PROBLEMS here.