PDA

View Full Version : Stop this weird voting habit

Babylon
02-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Now that votes are hidden I did not expect for this "one did better imo good spar" shit to continue. You should be even more implicit about who exactly won & your reasoning behind that now. No more fucko voting please, I just saw an audio battle where the only three votes did this shit..

EtH
02-27-2017, 08:07 PM
Yeah it pissed me off as well. Why the fuck are you concealing your vote...when people can see who you voted for and no one can possibly be swayed by your vote?

lllllllllllll
02-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Yooooo I'm sayinn. Shit is weird. And it's mostly "such and such was was stronger.. the loser punches didn't hit hard"

That's not an expo man.. that's some quick shit that everyone on LB say

Exact Dose
02-27-2017, 08:55 PM
yeah my dumass so use to it that i caught myself doing this very thing

Babylon
02-27-2017, 08:59 PM
yeah my dumass so use to it that i caught myself doing this very thing

lool I was doing it relatively recently myself but realized it was weird as fuck. Definitely straying away from it now. In fact I like the way eth voted on one of my battles & have done that once or twice since seeing it, by commenting twice so you dont get one convoluted long vote.

Which brings us back to asking @X if we could get some text formatting for battle comments..

Shodan
02-27-2017, 09:07 PM
yeah I did this shit... I actually thought not to but was too lazy to fix it. I'll try to remember not to in the future

Mindless
02-27-2017, 09:25 PM
lool I was doing it relatively recently myself but realized it was weird as fuck. Definitely straying away from it now. In fact I like the way eth voted on one of my battles & have done that once or twice since seeing it, by commenting twice so you dont get one convoluted long vote.

Which brings us back to asking @X if we could get some text formatting for battle comments..

X

Can we at least get the ability to use fucking hard returns? I feel like if I could at least break it into two paragraphs I could be a little more bothered to spend time breaking down my impression of each verse.

Here's the breakdown from the last battle I voted on w/o formatting:

I was told I don't vote enough so here we
go. Neither of these verses is spectacular.
Battler1, your verse was barely readable and
had some parts that didn't make any sense
at all. There are forced multis in there, shit
that doesn't rhyme and overall a verse
that just lacks any kind of real
complexity.//Battler2, Some of your multis
didn't really line up and the wordplay was a
bit forced in some places as well. Druid and
droid sound nothing alike. You would have
to do some seriously forced accenting on
that in order to get it to work. You've also
got bits that don't really rhyme. I gave it
to Battler2 almost entirely on coherence but
even that was something I was on the
fence about.

Looks garbo like a lost Marx brother nobody liked.

Student
02-28-2017, 02:09 AM
yeah I did this shit... I actually thought not to but was too lazy to fix it. I'll try to remember not to in the future

Same. I'll be better about it, votes don't really count without feedback.

X
02-28-2017, 02:44 AM
Ya I'll add formatting to comments

I also thought about genius.com style commenting where you could highlight parts of a text battle and comment on them

Nicholas
02-28-2017, 06:39 AM
I must admit I've done this a few times too. Old habits die hard. As you said though there is no reason to conceal your vote any more, which is great as we can explain more thoroughly with no risk of swaying.

Ya I'll add formatting to comments

I also thought about genius.com style commenting where you could highlight parts of a text battle and comment on them

This would be great.

Bleu
02-28-2017, 11:34 AM
I still conceal my vote so people don't get butt hurt tbh.

Manhattan
02-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Purely out of habit tbh.

Shodan
03-05-2017, 11:12 PM
Now that I come back to it, this thread's title sounds like some yahoo advertisement type clickbait shit

"Stop this WEIRD VOTING HABIT in five days with one simple trick!"''

Dirty Work
03-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Now that I come back to it, this thread's title sounds like some yahoo advertisement type clickbait shit

"Stop this WEIRD VOTING HABIT in five days with one simple trick!"''

LMAOOOO
"One weird trick"
"Do this every day"