PDA

View Full Version : Text Battle Format Conventions

Mindless
02-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Since pULSE's thread got hijacked by Urban for a discussion about who gives a fuck let's try this again.

Some kind of convention should probably be decided on. Maybe something like:

rhyme scheme
inners/in lines/whatever else they get called

Yo these rap cats is mad wack, the worst on the mic
And they won't do shit 'cause they as useless as skirts on a dike
But I'm the first in a fight to go burstin' the pipe
I'll let the lever go 'cause you never wrote a hot verse in ya life

Nicholas
02-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Since pULSE's thread got hijacked by Urban for a discussion about who gives a fuck let's try this again.

Some kind of convention should probably be decided on. Maybe something like:

rhyme scheme
inners/in lines/whatever else they get called

Yo these rap cats is mad wack, the worst on the mic
And they won't do shit 'cause they as useless as skirts on a dike
But I'm the first in a fight to go burstin' the pipe
I'll let the lever go 'cause you never wrote a hot verse in ya life

Lol! My bad.

Let the market decide, not that you have a choice anyway. It might take several months before people experiment with and come to some kind of convention. There is no rush.

Student
02-27-2017, 01:56 PM
SUBLIME; It's simple, the concept like this and granted slanted rhymes like this leading to a PUNCHLINE!

Shodan
02-27-2017, 04:13 PM
The old one is best in my opinion. I get that some people don't like it; maybe I just think anything else is cancerous because I'm not used to seeing it, but I think anything else is cancerous nonetheless.

Babylon
02-27-2017, 04:17 PM
I feel like if we're going to bold multis then capitalizing them as well is overkill. Moreover, I don't think there should even be a commonality between how users utilize this feature. Just do it in a manner that makes your verse impactful, if you really need help to capitalize on this feature then you probably shouldn't be using it.

MaCc Da G0D
02-27-2017, 04:39 PM
I feel like if we're going to bold multis then capitalizing them as well is overkill. Moreover, I don't think there should even be a commonality between how users utilize this feature. Just do it in a manner that makes your verse impactful, if you really need help to capitalize on this feature then you probably shouldn't be using it.

whoaa!! This is FACTS! Well said Bab...

Celsius
02-27-2017, 04:48 PM
I'll show you the proper way to drop an eight using this NEW FORMAT
Fuck quotation marks, Italic your set ups when you DO YOUR JABS

BOLD END LINES
ITALIC SET UPS
UNDERLINED INNER RHYMES (THOUGH THAT COULD GET MESSY)

Mindless
02-27-2017, 09:12 PM
Lol! My bad.

Let the market decide, not that you have a choice anyway. It might take several months before people experiment with and come to some kind of convention. There is no rush.

I think having the vets make a decision and stick to it would get the others to follow. You're right, people are generally going to be doing whatever for a little while but if the vets decide on a convention and use it consistently it will get the others to use that convention as well. This could be our chance to keep that convention from being something retarded.

SUBLIME; It's simple, the concept like this and granted slanted rhymes like this leading to a PUNCHLINE!

I don't know that I get exactly what it is you're intending with the underline there. Also, granted and slanted aren't near or slant rhymes. They're perfect rhymes. What are you even doing?

The old one is best in my opinion. I get that some people don't like it; maybe I just think anything else is cancerous because I'm not used to seeing it, but I think anything else is cancerous nonetheless.

Your argument is basically "I don't like change" and is, as such, invalid. Also, which old one are you talking about? I've seen at least three or for conventions for how a verse should be structured on LB in the decade I've been here.

I'll show you the proper way to drop an eight using this NEW FORMAT
Fuck quotation marks, Italic your set ups when you DO YOUR JABS

BOLD END LINES
ITALIC SET UPS
UNDERLINED INNER RHYMES (THOUGH THAT COULD GET MESSY)

Why are we even highlighting set ups? If I see a punchline coming I know I'm in the set up. Also, it's battling here so it's gonna be pretty much setup, punchline, setup punchline anyway. Especially with text. Unless you're doing a 32 or a 64 there's not a lot of room for doing much else.