PDA

View Full Version : On tha set....

Sawyer
02-24-2017, 03:21 PM
the hotlist fucking sucks. i see alot of people energized to improve voting....but the sad reality is that people dont want to vote on whack shit. this is not a diss to anyone, as i understand it takes practice to get nice...but why not showcase actual hot battles without using the number of votes/rank that a particular battle has?

why not create a thread where people can nominate battles to be hotlisted? with the rule being you can't nominate your own battle or any battler in your crew? a mod can check the thread and hotlist battles they deem appropriate for the list

making the hotlist hot wont fix the lack of voting, but it will at least showcase people who are bringing dope shit...and possibly enlighten new battlers to aspire for better bars.

Bleu
02-24-2017, 03:25 PM
There's some truth to this.

Thug Killaa
02-24-2017, 03:28 PM
the hotlist fucking sucks. i see alot of people energized to improve voting....but the sad reality is that people dont want to vote on whack shit. this is not a diss to anyone, as i understand it takes practice to get nice...but why not showcase actual hot battles without using the number of votes/rank that a particular battle has?

why not create a thread where people can nominate battles to be hotlisted? with the rule being you can't nominate your own battle or any battler in your crew? a mod can check the thread and hotlist battles they deem appropriate for the list

making the hotlist hot wont fix the lack of voting, but it will at least showcase people who are bringing dope shit...and possibly enlighten new battlers to aspire for better bars.

You need to start doing audio again too.

MaCc Da G0D
02-24-2017, 03:35 PM
I second this thread Sawz. But The Mods and Old Heads are Supposed to LEAD BY EXAMPLE. The Mods Dont Even Vote. Ole Heads Log On and Sit In the Chat. NOTHING is gonna Improve Voting Except Implementing a Strategy of FORCING Members to Vote Before any Other activities can Be Completed.

Sawyer
02-24-2017, 03:40 PM
I second this thread Sawz. But The Mods and Old Heads are Supposed to LEAD BY EXAMPLE. The Mods Dont Even Vote. Ole Heads Log On and Sit In the Chat. NOTHING is gonna Improve Voting Except Implementing a Strategy of FORCING Members to Vote Before any Other activities can Be Completed.

yeah...like a system where you have to vote on three battles before you can battle...that would be dope:monkey:

THUG...i will once i get a min to get my mic out and shit

MaCc Da G0D
02-24-2017, 03:47 PM
yeah...like a system where you have to vote on three battles before you can battle...that would be dope:monkey:

THUG...i will once i get a min to get my mic out and shit

Dont Be a ass. Im talking bout a system where you are restricted from using the chat or posting threads or uploading tracks or doing ANY REGULAR ACTIONS until you vote on 3 battles. Per day or per Log in.

Sawyer
02-24-2017, 03:49 PM
you the only one pressed to be in the chat tho yo :high:

MaCc Da G0D
02-24-2017, 03:58 PM
you the only one pressed to be in the chat tho yo :high:

...Yeah Right.i Battle 100x's more than im in the Chat. And i havent seen your name on voting on much. But ALOT of MF's log On Just go get in the chat. That would either keep them from Loggin On Or Make them Vote.

But Also, posting threads, much like this One.

My nigga Dont take shit personal. We got the same aim.

But i vote on eveeything (Excepte Punks Latest Battle. Lmao) but everything else im on ajd i leave expos so dont say Nun Bout my voting activity....

Smh. This whole shit is falling on deaf ears anyway. So im just gonna remove myself.

Sawyer
02-24-2017, 04:06 PM
word bro...you should prolly just one yaself forreal.

Celsius
02-24-2017, 04:47 PM

Or just add a poll option next to the battle you're voting on so voters can check it off if they feel the battle is hotlist worthy.

Sawyer
02-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Or just add a poll option next to the battle you're voting on so voters can check it off if they feel the battle is hotlist worthy.

THIS ^^^

Nicholas
02-24-2017, 05:26 PM
The hotlist isn't the best it's been because of the lack of people on the site. We can get there again. We just need to keep voting, keep battling and keep contributing. Offer feedback to people and genuinely help them get better. That's what we're doing at Bakers and we're voting on a ton of shit. Sub's just posted a voting thread, I'm doing the battle breakdowns. People (and I'm not accusing you Sawyer) need to stop whining and start doing.

And, props to Macc because he does vote on a lot of battles even if I don't always agree with who he votes for. Just peep those stats under his avatar, over 4000 votes.

Student
02-24-2017, 05:33 PM
I wonder if there's a way to get notifications in the chat bar when someone votes on a battle, this way you see what your peers are voting on, leads to more voting.

Sawyer
02-24-2017, 07:14 PM
The hotlist isn't the best it's been because of the lack of people on the site. We can get there again. We just need to keep voting, keep battling and keep contributing. Offer feedback to people and genuinely help them get better. That's what we're doing at Bakers and we're voting on a ton of shit. Sub's just posted a voting thread, I'm doing the battle breakdowns. People (and I'm not accusing you Sawyer) need to stop whining and start doing.

And, props to Macc because he does vote on a lot of battles even if I don't always agree with who he votes for. Just peep those stats under his avatar, over 4000 votes.

brought to you by 'Baker's St' a fag company

Rant
02-24-2017, 10:06 PM
Battles are only open for 3 days for votes. It would be closed by the time you went through the process of nominating and selecting a battle to be hotlisted. Stupid idea is stupid.

Sawyer
02-24-2017, 11:05 PM
Or the problem could be that three days seems too long for a mod to be aware of the hot battles of the day.

Nicholas
02-25-2017, 04:41 AM
brought to you by 'Baker's St' a fag company

What's that supposed to mean? Sorry for posting an intelligent reply I thought you were capable of holding a conversation. In future if I don't like your idea I'll just call you gay and say you have cooties.

Sawyer
02-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Dont get your panties in a bunch dude...tha site is called lets beef

Thug Killaa
02-25-2017, 07:22 AM
I wonder if there's a way to get notifications in the chat bar when someone votes on a battle, this way you see what your peers are voting on, leads to more voting.

Won't make a difference

Dudes are lazy, period

HIGHpothasis
02-25-2017, 07:30 AM
Won't make a difference

Dudes are lazy, period

THATS FACTS!! There is NO WAY IN HELL that there are 20 Online (At Least) throughout the day and these new Battles are sitting With 1-3 votes. PeopleJust Dont care About LB anymore. Thats becoming More and More Evident. I Honestly Can say That shit is Detrimental to the Spirit Of Rap battling.

Nicholas
02-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Dont get your panties in a bunch dude...tha site is called lets beef

Literally everyone's excuse when they get caught acting like a bellend on this site. :smh:

HIGHpothasis
02-25-2017, 09:02 AM
Literally everyone's excuse when they get caught acting like a bellend on this site. :smh:

lmaooo!! FACTS!!

Sawyer
02-25-2017, 09:28 AM

lol...the irony is killing me.

for you new cats...the reason why this site is bullshit now is BECAUSE yall niggas in here jerking each other off instead of beefing. imagine we had this exchange before you responded to my open. the battle would have been much better because you would have been motivated to fuck my verse up...not just showcase your own skills. the forums used to be the place to start shit...crack jokes and it created a fun and competitive dynamic. now shit is very watered down and weak.

i call your crew a fag crew and your response is to scold me? lmfao...and then another cat comes in and co-signs?

where's tha beef ho?

HIGHpothasis
02-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Didn't we already have beef? LMAOOOOOOOO. Oh ok. Stop crying like a Beyotch.

Nicholas
02-25-2017, 10:01 AM
lol...the irony is killing me.

for you new cats...the reason why this site is bullshit now is BECAUSE yall niggas in here jerking each other off instead of beefing. imagine we had this exchange before you responded to my open. the battle would have been much better because you would have been motivated to fuck my verse up...not just showcase your own skills. the forums used to be the place to start shit...crack jokes and it created a fun and competitive dynamic. now shit is very watered down and weak.

i call your crew a fag crew and your response is to scold me? lmfao...and then another cat comes in and co-signs?

where's tha beef ho?

Name a HOFer that conducted themselves on the forum like that? Taking pot shots at random people because they didn't "jerk off" at the idea you suggested. If you want to take over as the forum troll knock yourself out.

Sawyer
02-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Name a HOFer that conducted themselves on the forum like that? Taking pot shots at random people because they didn't "jerk off" at the idea you suggested. If you want to take over as the forum troll knock yourself out.

lmfao...need a safe space?:o

Nicholas
02-25-2017, 10:18 AM
lmfao...need a safe space?:o

Job application accepted. You've gone from playing second fiddle to Rule to playing second fiddle to Rohan. Keep elevating bro...

Sawyer
02-25-2017, 10:20 AM
i was here with my own shit quite a while before RULE...but whatever gets you wet, bro. nice to know you only became known once all the vets moved on

and i dont even know who Rohan is lmfaoo