PDA

View Full Version : Witness the Science

Nicholas
02-22-2017, 01:52 PM
There is a severe lack of scientific thinking on this site. Let Uncle Neil blow your mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhHtBqsGAoA

Babylon
02-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Listened to this last night, some great information. I enjoyed the dimensions conversation mostly
Also shouts out to that hat, lol.

Thug Killaa
02-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Bruh i was listening to the podcast this morning. His logic for the flat earth controversy is on point. One of the best Rogan podcasts so far.

The one with Chael Sonnen is dope too, that is if youre into MMA.

Rant
02-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Yeah, we all know the Joe Rogan Experience is the #1 place to find scientific information.

Nicholas
02-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Yeah, we all know the Joe Rogan Experience is the #1 place to find scientific information.

No, but Neil DeGrasse Tyson is.

Rant
02-22-2017, 02:35 PM
No, but Neil DeGrasse Tyson is.

Without watching this, I'll guess some of the talking points.

>psychedelic drugs
>interdimensionality, and its relationship to the psychedelic experience
>flat earthers
>aliens

Probably in that order.

Shodan
02-22-2017, 04:06 PM
My homeopathic physician told me not to trust the evil sciencists and their lies.

Student
02-22-2017, 06:26 PM
I was listening to this, this morning, haven't finished it but was agreeing with a lot of things. Especially that The Twilight Zone was first rate.

EtH
02-22-2017, 06:29 PM
I always find JRE really boring.

Student
02-22-2017, 06:42 PM
I always find JRE really boring.
You gotta pick and choose, I tend to stay away from fight / hunting (Although some have been cool) related anything cause honestly I don't give a shit.

Enfinite
02-23-2017, 10:46 AM
You gotta pick and choose, I tend to stay away from fight / hunting (Although some have been cool) related anything cause honestly I don't give a shit.

Yea its one of those things I gotta listen to as im doing something else, makes it 1000x more enjoyable to me.

Godbody
02-23-2017, 01:28 PM
I saw this before you posted it, I'm a pretty big fan of Joe Rogan's podcast

Anyway, Niel DeGrasse Tyson is another full of shit figurehead who has what I call 'parrot' knowledge. He just repeats whatever the fuck he's told because it aligns with his beliefs. He's a paid shill by NASA and just about anyone would tell you this.

Student
02-23-2017, 02:52 PM
I saw this before you posted it, I'm a pretty big fan of Joe Rogan's podcast

Anyway, Niel DeGrasse Tyson is another full of shit figurehead who has what I call 'parrot' knowledge. He just repeats whatever the fuck he's told because it aligns with his beliefs. He's a paid shill by NASA and just about anyone would tell you this.

Predictable pULSe post.

Godbody
02-23-2017, 04:47 PM
You've gotta really think about shit logically. You feel comfortable hearing shit that reaffirms your beliefs from a 'gatekeeper' on the subject at hand. Neil deGrasse Tyson is like the Drake of the science nerds. I've personally seen like 2-3 documentaries hosted or narrated by him. I actually like Neil deGrasse Tyson because he's a well tempered, intelligent guy.

Still, he's never been to space. And governments lie to people ALL the time. I mean, we SUPPOSEDLY went to space 60 years ago, right? You really think this shit NASA announced is from a recent trip? There's technology out there that I know for a fact will be available for mass consumption in 5-10 yrs. But because of costs, milking current tech, and a shitload of factors we don't get a lot of tech until it's already been out for years. Look up "Trickle down economics" if you need a term to reference.

There's just shit you'll never know until you experience it yourself. The "I'll believe it when I see it" deal. And if you're not that type of person, especially on a major subject like space travel and extra-terrestrial life, well, you're simply more susceptible to being brainwashed. Am I being fair? You become one of the ideal archetypes for an elitist power structure simply because you're being spoonfed answers from gatekeepers, answers that gatekeepers BELIEVE to be true based on their studies and research. And you suck it right up.. Oh, and even if he HAS been to space (which he hasn't), it's not entirely cynical to believe he could lie about what he's seen as far as other planets, extra-terrestrial life, anomalies, Earth being round, etc given there was a bigger agenda at play.

And no I don't believe Earth is flat lol