PDA

View Full Version : Your Top Five Favourite Rappers

RULE
11-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Not to be confused with who you think are the BEST five ever, but just your favourite five in order.

Ive not really listened to Hip-Hop at all since around 2005, so my list is pretty dated lol.

1. 2Pac

I know he might not be the greatest in a technical sense, but he just made music you could throw on and listen to forever. Awesome voice, deep lyrics. Shame he couldnt of lived past his 'thug life' days and reached another level of maturity, Pac in '10 would of been incredible.

2. LL Cool J

Similar to Pac in the sense that he wasnt the most amazing technical rapper, you're not going to get eminem-esqe multis or busta-like flows but LL is another who was smooth on tracks, had some real dope verses and alot of different styles of songs over his catalogue.

3. Immortal Techinque

IT makes me hate mainstream rap after i listen to a full album of his, hard to go from his thought-provoking verses to the usual played staples of hip-hop. Do i agree with everything he says? Absolutely not, but he challenges you to think about things from a different angle. And that aside... the man can spit. Punchlines, flow, and he always seems to have great production.

4. The Game

I dont really know why exactly, i guess my upbringing of Pac just makes me love west-side style music moreso than others and Game is the best around at that style. Production is always great, he has plenty of quotables and quite simply i love me some gangsta shit every now and again.

5. Notorious BIG

Man this was hard, i almost left it blank but i cant cop-out the first post of a top five list lol. Big edges a bunch of other guys almost solely due to how great Life After Death is. Flow is unique, bars are great. A little dated nowadays but damn Big's just... BIG.

Honourable mentions:

Big L, T.I, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, Ma$e (Yeah and what!) Eminem, Obie Trice.

1/

Rant
11-04-2016, 01:46 PM
1.) Dylon.

2.) Dylon.

3.) Dylon.

4.) Dylon.

5.) ...And Dylon.

Esso
11-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Nas
Black Thought
5'9"
Sean Price
Budden

Ghost, Big, Big L, Kool G Rap, C-Rayz all close all hell though

EtH
11-04-2016, 02:25 PM
RULE, stop trying to take my title of whitest westcoast fan ever. My FB page isn't filled with me drunkenly throwing up dubs for nothing. In hindsight this is shite because now I'm like "The fuck do I do for a tinder profile pic?".

Anyways....

1. 2pac

In the first bracket of rappers I listened to. My brother got his Greatest Hits album, either late in the 90s or early 2000s. Along with Ludacris Word of Mouf, these were my first kind of entries into rap. 2pac's music was always so fucking dope. The beats were classics, his voice worked perfectly, his features were always fire and you could kick back and smoke a joint or have some beers at a party to his music. When I got older, I started to get the actual technical side of his raps and got an appreciation on that front. The topic matter was diverse as fuck and maybe cause of his acting skills, outside of Eminem, I don't think I've ever heard a rapper put more of his spirit behind his words before. You fucking felt 2pac's convictions when he spoke.

2. Eazy E

We fall back to some more light hearted rapping here haha. People will always say "Oh, but he didn't write his own raps, Ice Cube did". Excluding the fact that I'd say Eazy's best rapping is on Real Muthaphukkin Gs, I really couldn't care less if he wrote it. I can write better than 99.9% of rappers in my sleep. I like to listen to music, and Eazy had some classic songs and always sounded like a fucking gangster on them. The dude could deliver a line slick as fuck. Be it Eazier Said Than Done, We Want Eazy, Dope Man, Eazy Duz It, Gimmie That Nut, No More Questions, Nobody Move and loads more. The dude's tunes were cracking, he was hilarious and cool as fuck. "One more before we end this session" "What's your real age?" "No more questions".

3. NaS

Classic after Classic. NaS, again like Eminem, is one of the few guys to have put his entire life into his music. You hear NaS wondering what he'd call his first born child, his influences and homages to them, collabing with his brother and dad, his love and them hatred of Kelis, his aspirations of money and then the reality of it, his situation with his former record label, the beef with Jay Z...NaS has went through absolutely everything in his life and put it down on a track. While I'd say he was a bit less impressive than AZ on the mic, NaS just has so many absolute classics songs that fit so many moods. When I heard Made You Look on the Luke Cage soundtrack, I remember thinking "This shit actually IS the sound of New York".

4. Warren G

This is a weird addition because I don't have quite the catalogue of music I love from him as the others. But it barely matters. Regulate G Funk Era is probably my favourite album of all time. Sitting in your back garden, blunt in one hand and an ice cold bottle of bud in the other. Sun blazing. "You don't see what I see, every day as Warren G". That album is the ultimate sunny day shit. It's like a cover to cover mix of shit on par with Will Smith Summertime. Back when I was on welfare, which now that I'm working and in full time uni living myself sounds like a fucking dream in hindsight, I'd be sitting in my back garden feeling like a fucking gangster getting high and drunk as neighbours looked at me disapprovingly from their windows haha.

5. Snoop Dogg

Does every song include his spelling out his own name? Sure. Do I care? Do I fuck. This guy's been producing classic songs from the day he picked up the mic. A few years ago I tried getting into the underground scene in westcoast rap a bit and found Snoop was having a big part in helping artists rise up. But I found that him simply collabing on a song made it 10 times better. The guys slick as fuck and adds that to any song he's on. While his individual albums in the past 5-10 years haven't been great (my first rap album buy was Blue Carpet Treatment), they don't take away the absolutely incredible Doggystyle, The Doggfather, Eastsidaz, 213 and his collabs with DPG. Snoop's got too many great songs to mention, but in a day in age where the only rap song I'm likely to hear at a party of club is the fucking abysmal Big Sean "I don't fuck with you", the welcome interjection of Next Episode still makes me turn into straight G mode with flawless rapping and scoffing at people who don't know who's back up in this motherfuckkkkkkaaaaaaaaaa (what what what what).

Honourable mentions: Big L, Professor Green, Ghostface Killah, DMX, Ice Cube, The Game (Really wanted to add Game in but couldn't put him over Snoop).

Pockets Poppin
11-05-2016, 05:57 AM
Pac
Scarface
Outkast
Jay Z
Big Pun

D3FIANCE
11-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Rakim
Nas
Ghostface Killah
Redman
Lloyd Banks

Dean
11-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Kodak black
my favorite rapper atm.

Kanye
Like his newer albums just as much as his older ones. TLOP is my favorite rap album of the year so far.

Lil Wayne
Fidel Z knows. Dedication 4 is my favorite mixtape of all time.

J Cole
Born sinner

Drake
didn't like his latest project but he cemented himself as one of my favorite rappers a while ago.

Celsius
11-05-2016, 09:42 PM
All time Biggie, Pac, Eminem, BTNH
Mainstream, Drake, Meek Mill, Tory Lanez, MGK
Underground: Immortal Technique, Brotha Lynch Hung

Fidel Z
11-07-2016, 05:22 PM
2pac (G.O.A.T)

Nas

Lil Wayne

Jay Z

Eminem

Honourable Mentions: 50 cent, DMX, Jadakiss, Scarface, Fab.