PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Pugz to sell the site.

Rant
10-01-2016, 06:14 PM
He can't ban everyone who signs it, he doesn't have the users joining to do so. So, check in down below with your username. Keep it going until he notices.

Rant.

Esso
10-01-2016, 06:50 PM
to whom? and what is that person's plan?

Id like to see change as much as anyone but I can't decide if I don't know what the alternative is to Pugz remaining the owner.

lllllllllllll
10-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Selling it to Someone who logs in is better than nothing.

Punk.

Rant
10-01-2016, 06:56 PM
I don't know to whom. I can make suggestions as to whom. That said, it's fiction until we get Pugz's notice enough to consider doing it. And that takes the people. Some people I think should buy LB:

RULE - He's made bids before, and has the insight on the mindset of the members to turn activity around.

Babylon - Forward thinking, and may bring a lot of fresh ideas, and perspective.(Funds may be an issue here.)

IAM - Skizzo has the experience running sites in a similar vain to this, but, he also doesn't have the BEST track record maintaining them. However, I think he'd still make a better owner than Pugz.

Shodan
10-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Rant Would you buy the site?

Rant
10-01-2016, 08:08 PM
I don't have the money to buy the site. If I did, then, yes, I would buy it.

S O U L R I T E
10-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Co-sign my name for this thread.

How much would it cost to buy?

Celsius
10-02-2016, 01:42 AM
http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/LETSBEEF.COM/

S O U L R I T E
10-02-2016, 01:54 AM
So LB would cost 2K to buy?

Celsius
10-02-2016, 04:07 AM
Assuming it was for sale, pugz would have the final say,

Lets all pitch in and form a partnership

:/

Shodan
10-02-2016, 11:03 AM
So LB would cost 2K to buy?

What Celsius linked to is just an automated tool that estimates a website's value; it's not Pugz's official price (he hasn't even announced one). Pugz might be willing to sell it for $100, or he might want 50 grand. I do think that 2k sounds reasonable, though.

Esso
10-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Those are all solid suggestions Rant....I'd be down to see it change hands if any one of those three were all in on taking over.

Babylon
10-02-2016, 12:28 PM
I would potentially pay two thousand dollars for complete ownership of letsbeef.com, though I'm not certain why Pugz would do it. He's still deluded into believing he could potentially turn a profit from this place, and thinks that with a single fresh idea that he's on the brink of bringing this all back to where it once was. I, on the other hand, disagree entirely.

I personally believe we should just make 3 or 4 average new battle sites, and allow the competitive community that already exists within us to drive the evolution from there. Besides that, though, either way I honestly just want to stop TALKING about a potential solution and put one into motion.. even if its very small scale.

Godbody
10-02-2016, 04:16 PM
2k definitely sounds reasonable...I remember a while back someone was saying they were offering 4-5k and Pugz said no. Or maybe it was X that said no..this was a few years ago and LB was more active tho. This site doesn't bring in shit as far as traffic goes and it's actually losing users every day and going down in rank. Anything more than 2k would be insane and it's probably worth even less. The reason I'd even suggest 2k is because of all the unique features that were coded for the site. But its dying and it costs money to keep this place up. The features that were coded for this site are the only thing that give this place some kind of value because its good intellectual property to own

The amount of work that would need to be done for this site to make a comeback and maybe even become profitable would be in the thousands of dollars though. Redesign, feature fixes, feature additions, marketing campaigns like paid Facebook ads, YouTube ads, and amending the Exclusive Membership so that there's a shitload of perks and it becomes the cash cow as far as this site becoming profitable. You could even buy a shitload of SEO packages to get higher rankings on Google... 5k+ of investing easily. 10kish if you expect to generate a couple thousand dollars/month in revenue from your site

Manhattan
10-02-2016, 05:39 PM
:approved:
Manhattan

Shodan
10-02-2016, 06:45 PM
SEO is an amusingly self-referential business in that you'll want to pick the one that shows up first on Google.

Rican
10-03-2016, 01:50 AM
Papi....

EtH
10-03-2016, 01:10 PM
I told RULE just over a year ago I'd proper put time into the site if he bought it. I don't think talks between him and Pugz went far at all.

2k for LB would be a steal for Pugz though considering it's current state.

Mindless
10-03-2016, 06:38 PM
He just payed 5k or something to Russians to fix this shit. He's not going to take 2k. Probably more like 15 or 12 and you might get his attention. Even then you're probably going to have to put another 15 or so into it to get the site updated to where it really needs to be.

Shodan
10-03-2016, 06:41 PM
He just payed

stopped reading here

Rican
10-04-2016, 02:27 AM
rule should buy it tho

Erupt da Monsta
10-04-2016, 11:59 AM
A lot of money goes into this shit. RULE would be my first choice homie has a niche for this

J u s T C
10-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Niche? Lol.

Lockhart
10-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Lockhart.

Shodan
10-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Lockhart.

i'd be fine with you running LB tbh

Babylon
10-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Right? I fucks with Lockhart, hope you going good w/ that army deal btw fam last time I saw you around here was right before bootcamp.

also im still not gonna stop saying fuck trying to save this shit lets just go build some other sites

lllllllllllll
10-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Lool I love how Pugz just creates a bad name for himself on and off the site.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Niche? Lol.

Niche appeal, Mann :o

Godbody
10-04-2016, 11:53 PM
He just payed 5k or something to Russians to fix this shit. He's not going to take 2k. Probably more like 15 or 12 and you might get his attention. Even then you're probably going to have to put another 15 or so into it to get the site updated to where it really needs to be.

He didnt pay nobody shit unless you have a screenshot of the receipt or until we see new features on this bitch. that's hearsay

he definitely wouldnt want 12k or at least he couldnt pull that shit on a sensible person, since people usually do extensive research before a big purchase. 5 minutes of research on Letsbeef.com and I can tell you now that this site doesnt even pull $200/month in ad money. lmao. if its pulling any kind of money at all its from people that forget they're paying for exclusive and get charged for it on their credit card (idk if thats how it works here i never paid for exclusive)

usually you calculate a site's worth/company's worth based on a formula. im not sure what that formula is, as its different for every industry but its based on revenue

so when a company is valued at $1 bil it doesn't necessarily mean they make a billion. but if they make $100 mil a year, you know they'll hit $1 bil in 10 yrs. less if there's growth. you could use a formula that basically infers your company can earn $1 bil if its current success is sustainable

given LB probably doesn't even make $200/month, i don't see what kind of formula values LB at 12,000. especially given that 5k+ will have to be invested to revitalize the site and potentially turn a profit

RULE
10-05-2016, 03:05 AM
:popcorn:

Student
10-05-2016, 09:50 PM
This place isn't worth $2,000 tbh.

Nostalgia aside vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle is $399 which is the newest version, vB4 would probably be the latest version you could get stable hacks, plugins, themes, etc. for so that would be even cheaper. GoDaddy sells domains as low as $5 but that depends on the same but legit someone could start their own "LB" for around $500 easily.

Wouldn't be hard at all to pouch members either lol

Esso
10-06-2016, 09:02 AM
A dollar and some envelopes

Godbody
10-06-2016, 10:30 AM
This place isn't worth $2,000 tbh.

Nostalgia aside vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle is $399 which is the newest version, vB4 would probably be the latest version you could get stable hacks, plugins, themes, etc. for so that would be even cheaper. GoDaddy sells domains as low as $5 but that depends on the same but legit someone could start their own "LB" for around $500 easily.

Wouldn't be hard at all to pouch members either lol

It'd cost a lot more than $500 to start an LB. You could definitely start up a vbulletin and get a domain with hosting for $500, sure. But the forum wouldn't even have a rap battle mod. You could buy someone's private mod or hire a coder. Basically to have someone build you a 'clone' site like LB we'd be looking at thousands of dollars. They have to code an 'Exclusive' membership too. Audio recorder (or u could embed soundcloud), crew system, cypher system. Initially this site might've cost thousands but this isn't '06 anymore and this site doesn't generate money.

Shodan
10-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Babylon You know a little bit about code, don't you? Any chance that you'd be advanced enough with it to create something like LB's vB mods?

My "knowledge" of programming ends at "Hello, world!"...

BrewskiBill
10-06-2016, 01:54 PM
i had some recent trouble with registration

it was ignored for days and i thouht that was a really bad strategy for site management ill sign my name to

-BrewksiBill

Student
10-06-2016, 09:39 PM
It'd cost a lot more than $500 to start an LB. You could definitely start up a vbulletin and get a domain with hosting for $500, sure. But the forum wouldn't even have a rap battle mod. You could buy someone's private mod or hire a coder. Basically to have someone build you a 'clone' site like LB we'd be looking at thousands of dollars. They have to code an 'Exclusive' membership too. Audio recorder (or u could embed soundcloud), crew system, cypher system. Initially this site might've cost thousands but this isn't '06 anymore and this site doesn't generate money.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=245

You'd find a good amount of hacks there. (Basic point system, poll system, groups, etc.

Text would be really easy to set up, the difficult part would be audio but even that wouldn't be that hard. This is 2016 bro, I'm pretty sure Wix has some sort of audio input plugin lol

Initially yeah it wouldn't be the whole enchilada but one could easily make it better (By listening to the users, try to incorporate their demands and keep up with the times) then here.

Mindless
10-12-2016, 10:51 PM
I've got hosting and all versions of vb up to and including all iterations of vb5. Domain names are $10. I too could set up a garbage website in five minutes. It's more difficult than you guys think. There's a lot of custom coding behind this place. The ranking systems, the weird way audio battles work, the points system hacks.

I'm not trying to shit on you guys' ideas or excuse this place but I don't think anyone who doesn't have a lot of time, experience and money to get their hopes up thinking they're going to create the next LB in a matter of days or even weeks.

Stu, I don't remember if I gave you my personal contact info or not but if you know how to hit me up do so and we can have a chat or something about me considering helping out with such a project. I might be willing to put my license up and host such a thing if other people are willing to put something into it as well.

ILLoKWENT
10-12-2016, 11:24 PM
i find it incredibly retarded, that people are wishing to build a new site with all the features that LB already has, inhopes of gaining activity, all the while letting a site that has everything already, die due to inactivity.. smh.. thats like having a car, but decide to build another one from scratch that looks acts and behaves like the old one.. while neglecting the one you have..

Celsius
10-13-2016, 12:22 AM
i find it incredibly retarded, that people are wishing to build a new site with all the features that LB already has, inhopes of gaining activity, all the while letting a site that has everything already, die due to inactivity.. smh.. thats like having a car, but decide to build another one from scratch that looks acts and behaves like the old one.. while neglecting the one you have..

an old rusted Ford that's falling apart. Rather start fresh and build the next Wraith.

EtH
10-13-2016, 10:17 AM

A BMW in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to drive will only ever end up wrecked. A Punto in the hands of someone with a license will at least make it to it's destination.

ILLoKWENT
10-13-2016, 12:58 PM
its a pipe dream.. tbh.... battle rap online is a dead hobby

RULE
10-13-2016, 05:28 PM
its a pipe dream.. tbh.... battle rap online is a dead hobby

Nah look at the numbers KOTD & Smack do. The audience is there, just need the right site.

BrewskiBill
10-13-2016, 07:10 PM
rappad gets thousands of posts nd hundred of battles a day. but u think online battles are dead?

EtH
10-13-2016, 07:33 PM
They are dead. RapPad is a little miniscule drop in the ocean compared to what LB once was, and LB was just part of a maaaaaaassive network of websites, all filled to the brim. You go onto Netcees and those guys will be talking about sites from 1999 and shit.

It died, but that doesn't mean it's buried. The right site, the right marketing, the right approach, any site can be big. With a combination of SEO, look, marketing and optamization, a site can still be great.

BrewskiBill
10-13-2016, 08:09 PM
They are dead. RapPad is a little miniscule drop in the ocean compared to what LB once was, and LB was just part of a maaaaaaassive network of websites, all filled to the brim. You go onto Netcees and those guys will be talking about sites from 1999 and shit.

It died, but that doesn't mean it's buried. The right site, the right marketing, the right approach, any site can be big. With a combination of SEO, look, marketing and optamization, a site can still be great.

i think ur overselling this site. sure the audio system there isnt as cool but actvity wise its blowing this place out of the water in regards to forum posting(even in its prime). mayb not battles. i mean rappad is getting LITERALLY thousands of forum posts.

Manhattan
10-13-2016, 08:13 PM
The site clearly can't do shit as long as Pugz continues not giving a fuck about it. He's on FB though...every single day, and can't even log on his own site for a few minutes. Dude hasn't been on in like a month and a half.

Ya, we all know the site is pretty much dead. Doesn't help that the owner just disregards the place.

Some good ideas in here. Unfortunately, that's all they are is ideas. That's because Pugz would never sell this place...he'd rather have it just fucking die.

EtH
10-13-2016, 08:59 PM
i think ur overselling this site. sure the audio system there isnt as cool but actvity wise its blowing this place out of the water in regards to forum posting(even in its prime). mayb not battles. i mean rappad is getting LITERALLY thousands of forum posts.

And I think you don't get how big LB was once upon a time.

RapPads okay but it's a clone of SpokenVsWritten. I haven't battled there before buut could instantly be sure that their top guys would be impossible to beat regardless of what's written. That sort of site.

Mindless
10-13-2016, 09:05 PM

People are frustrated because things aren't being fixed or even updated anymore. I don't blame them at all. It's dumb. The mismanagement of this site is absolutely infuriating at this point.

EtH
10-14-2016, 08:55 AM
People are frustrated because things aren't being fixed or even updated anymore. I don't blame them at all. It's dumb. The mismanagement of this site is absolutely infuriating at this point.

You mean since 2009?

I actually remember X hitting me up on MSN because I said he doesn't give a fuck about the site. He talked to me for ages like "LB is my first ever site, it'll always be important". Two years later, he sells Rocbattle, plans on closing LB and his incompetent brother decides to step up.

Here's the issue for the people still too stupid to realize we were right all along:-

When rap battle websites were booming, LB had a working system and hundreds of new members a week. As a result, it was self sustaining. The massive inactivity of X wasn't important because we had enough people to do whatever we wanted.

When Pugz took over, this was still kind of true. Numbers had started to go down and down, but not crisis mode. What we needed was for the new owner to proactively put in the right work to get it done. Instead...we got the nonsense Pugz did and now look around.

The fact that anyone still fights against what I said 5 years ago now is hilarious considering the state of this place.

Lockhart
11-03-2016, 07:56 AM
i'd be fine with you running LB tbh

Lol much appreciated Babylon and Sho, but I'm nowhere close to as active on here as I used to be. It would be just like Pugz running it all over again.

Rant
11-03-2016, 12:13 PM
>petition

>no one signs their name

OSKAR
11-03-2016, 05:38 PM
- OSKAR

lllllllllllll
11-03-2016, 06:54 PM
>signs name on front page

>told that I didn't sign name on first page.

Rant
11-03-2016, 09:29 PM
>signs name on front page

>told that I didn't sign name on first page.

You and your reason be damned, faggot. :|

Supsie
11-04-2016, 02:56 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/1difog.jpg