PDA

View Full Version : MILK IS BASIC: Discussion on the Fluidity of Liquids & the Strong Stance of Solids.

S A L T
05-22-2016, 10:18 PM
I informally made a complaint to the user The EtHer under the presumption that we have compatible views in verse as we share pretty similar personalities. I did not get the resolution to the complaint that I expected, as reinforced by the highly ranked Fair Voting Club member and respected veteran of LB, Celsius.

I have an existential problem with my battle verse making that has seemed to detach from the perspectives of my fellow battle/voting peers. As an aspiring artist I seek to address this confusion and evaluate it in a critical manner I can rationalize and progress in.

Link to the battle MaCc Tha Godd vs MILK:
http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=494630

Discourse: I'd consider my style a "Casual & Witty" style. One that should be written, read, and reflected as a low effort, conceptual verse. Ready relaxed, with a focus on delivery and creativity. Text battles aren't to beats, they are acapella. They can deviate from a supremely strict poetic structure. This isn't the 16th century.

Celsius's Vote Expo:

"L'er had multies that were so slanted they became broken in parts"

List of my multies:

(going Places, Huh?) & Claiming yourself a Godd? & Name’ll Ever Drop
Syllables: 5, 6, 5. Rhymes: Places, Claiming, Name'll & Huh, Godd, Drop.

A casual "intro, set-up, jab". While the first emphasizes syllable, the second emphasizes rhyme. All 3 of those are not that slanted and the inner-rhymes, although slanted, are easy to fall into scheme as they aren't as dominant when casually read within the structure of the multi.

DOLLAR MENU & LARGEST VENUE
Syllables: 3, 3. Rhymes: Dollar, Largest & Menu, Venue

Dollar & Largest are textbook slant rhymes, but again are in the inside of the structure. Emphasize lies on Menu & Venue which are textook rhyme rhymes.

NOTHING TO YOU & BUTTERED NOODLES
Syllables: 4,4 Rhymes: Nothing, Buttered & To You, Noodles

This was a filler line. In deed a slant rhyme, but not that broken of a multi. Sorry if you pronounce it differently. It emphasizes the inner rhyme as a balance to the out references.

Godd’s Supreme Diction & Knock His Teeth Missin
Syllables: 5, 5. Rhymes: Godd, Knock & Supreme, His Teeth & Diction, Missin

Again, slant rhymes, not broken multies. They read well. Maybe broken if you're really that poetically legal about your rhymes (which is no fun).

(BIG & TOUGH?) & MICRO-SOFT & PRETEND HE’S GOD
Syllables: 3, 3, 4. Rhymes: Big And, Pretend & Soft, God

Another "intro, set-up, jab" sequence balancing emphasis on rhyme & syllable count. One that ends on a deviated note but stays constent with the delivery & flow. Again, are you guys really that nazi about slant rhymes? Wtf, you must absolutely hate a shit fucking ton of popular rap songs/artists.

(MOMS THAT SMART) & JUST A LAUGHING STOCK
(MARCH MACc TO THE TOP) & WATCH THE APPLE DROP.
Syllables: 3, 5, 5, 5. Rhymes: Moms That, March Macc, Watch The & Laughing Stock, Apple Drop.

Another casual "Intro, set-up, set-up, jab" And again, not that broken. The "The" in "Watch The" is the only broken aspect and is greatly assisted by the strong pronouncation of the "A"pple sound. Intro deviates as a set-up for the impending multi. This was the sketchiest one, but hardly one that renders a verse deserving bellow a "Not Bad" rating.

Any other rhymes, almost rhymed within the multis by coincidence because I'm an overachiever and like to play with alliteration and the components of language. Maybe it's a pronunciation problem? Or just an extremely deviated perspective, on my part, from what most consider a sound slant rhyme.

"noticably bad wordplay in spots"

List of my (technical) wordplay:

*MICRO-SOFT* for Microsoft. (after "BIG & TOUGH?")

Micro means not big. Soft means not tough. It's not bad wordplay, it's a set up that quite literally is the same word as the word I'm playing with. Not even emphasized in the punch and in fact referenced as corny in the verse; do we discourage slight lousy humor?

*PCing* for Piecing

A little forced, but not that much of a stretch. Hardly "noticeably bad" and it was a pretty effective personal name-play punch that utilized relevant concepts imo. You guys are like seeking for shit not to work, try it out as if it were to work and see how that sounds. Think of it as if it were audio...you have to find the sound. You're the reader. Don't be a lazy voter mr. FVC.

The concepts behind the non-technical wordplay wasn't even that bad either and utilized at base decently creative and easily grippable concepts compared to some of the heavy hitter's verses I've read on this site. In fact, it was a nameplay battle so it should've been pretty abundant. Maybe some of the concepts went over your head.

Here's an example of the opponent's wordplay:

*Milk! If MaCc Needs Ya?* for "Milk of Magnesia"
*Invite Him In The* for "-Vitamin D"

Parallel to mine if not "noticeably" worse...

"and light jabs"

Again, it's a nameplay battle buddy. There's restrictions. Every punch was at his name. Each of use through roughly 4 punches, and mine were very much more direct, personal, and developed compared to his. Re-read the battle.

"...however i do see potential. Winner wasn't much better, a lil cleaner multies and a bit better wordplay and puns"

You be the judge of that. I personally disagree and think that's a dumb fucking statement but every thing is tastes and preferences I guess. Cel, do you like country?

EtH's Vote Expo:

"Milk, felt the flow was choppy (because of rhyming like dollar/largest) on the first line."

Again, with the slant rhyme shaming. There's more to it than DOL to LAR & LAR to EST. There's that intermingling of "Lar" that's actually suppose to smoothen the flow & heighten delivery within the infrastructure of the multi. These were the inner rhymes, not the emphasis of the rhyme itself which fell on MENU & VENUE. Is that a good enough rhyme for you EtH?

"I don't really get the punchline overall anyways. You'll turn him into buttered noodles? Okay...? Also, what did buttered noodles rhyme with? In your next part, you're capitalizing a lot of non rhyming shit.

Capitalization doesn't have to always highlight the exact rhymes. Do you scrutinize rappers who don't use caps at all? You should know, some respected old LB vets (in KoS days), though they utilized it, would often scrutinize actually using Caps and Dashes to aesthetically decorate your verse.

Here's the relevant part of the punch: "I Knock His Teeth Missin & turn MaCc 'n Cheeeese into BUTTERED NOODLES ":(""

Do you not know what Mac & Cheese is? It's cheese and noodles. MaCc can't cheese with no Teeth, as I knocked them out, just leaving him with noodles. Mac is noodles. Cheese means smile. Is that really too advanced for you? No shit you don't like reading battles, I even gave you a frowny face for a hint. It also rhymed with "Nothing To You" which when read isn't too bad, but I will at least admit that there is substance for argument there—just really conservative imo.

Microsoft and Pretend he's god is a one word rhyme, soft and god, the other stuff couldn't be in caps. You're not delivering your punches at the end of the lines either for some reason either.

This is typical structure Nazi-ism. Not only are you stuck in some conservative structure for all verses, which is limiting and narrow minded and not-innovative, you're trying to aesthetically create these rhymes solely on punctuation rather than personal readability and interpretation. Dude just read the verse casually and let it flow. It's not completely governed by the punctuation alone, this isn't an essay, it's prose, it's a verse... I capped STATEMENTS I wanted to make. Not the corresponding rhymes. And I'll cap whatever fucking rhymes I want to. Read it, not visually interpret it dip-shit it's not a picture in a frame, it's letters on a screen.

"The end of your microsoft play was the "PCing himself together" (bad punch) but you somehow ended it with a statement like "He pretend's he's a god" which isn't a punchline."

Again, the PCing as a bad punch is taste & prefs and I can definitely see that interpretation. But it wasn't a punch, it was a set up for the finishing "He pretends he's a god" which is a punchline...lol. Like I said, nameplay was the agreed concept of the battle. It can be restrictive in terms of concepts and I rolled withe MaCc's rival ..the PC and incorporated it with the fact he has "Tha Godd" in his name. Claiming someone pretends they're a god, is another way of calling them a self-absorbed narcissist. If you don't get that I'm sure you and Kanye are meant for each other.

"You'll take him to his family tree and watch the apple drop. Does this mean you're gonna either watch him be born, or watch his child be born? I'm pretty sure the apple dropping in that metaphor is like birth, and where the apple drops is relevant to your personality and characteristics (dropping close being relative to your parents)."

Here's the relevant punch so I can spell yet another thing out for you:

Even your MOMS THAT SMART; you're JUST A LAUGHING STOCK. I'll MARCH MACc TO THE TOP of his Family Tree And WATCH THE APPLE DROP.

Notice I mention that his mom is smart ("relevant to your personality and characteristics"—that's the one EtH). The saying, "The apple doesn't[/I] fall far from the tree" is a very common expression used for describing similarities b/w parents and child. Him [B]dropping from said tree resembles how far away from the smartness of his mom he is. His smart mom that I referenced doesn't believe in him. And btw APPLE is the company that makes Macs. You're not even contemplating the punches, you're just skimming for recognizable basic punches. That's why this place stays generic and you're hard for simple conservative verse structures.

"Anyways, I'm not really into anything of the verse. Felt the rhyming is way to basic at just one syllable rhymes and the punchlines aren't really existent."

One syllable rhymes is clearly not the case. It's multie's that utilize alliteration, syllables, and often slant rhymes for the execution of the delivery. One read of this is an obvious and blatant display of not one syllable rhymes though there may be 1 or 2 in filler space.

:grass:

Anyways, you're generic, lazy readers. I realize it's hard to convey over text battles, but it's not that hard. While I understand your guy's input in most areas, it's completely under mining, unprogressive, and lazy. This is why you spend most of your time on an online battling site that no one cares about anymore.

MaCc congrats on your win. You had like one really original and creative punch in there that I appreciated but overall solid verse. I just must honestly say, I disagree with the bulk of LB on their ignorance to innovative poetics/verse making.

I trust my ability to comprehend a verse and interpret it's delivery. Excusing the verse is nothing short of lazy as you don't experiment with finding it's proper flow. I caught 1 maybe 2 maximum little hiccups that I excused as enough to top the opposing verse. It's not hard to flow an acapella. Read it casually by sentence.

Open to rebuttal, I'm opinionated only because I've studied this & confident, but hey I'm open minded I guess.

:high:

Celsius
05-22-2016, 10:49 PM
I never said you were basic, though I stand by my vote. PC-ING and piecing don't work as PC-ING would have 3 syllables while piecing would have two...Microsoft wordplay has been done to death ...some of your multi es were broken... coming from someone who uses slant rhymes to the max at times..and a broken multi doesn't just have to be mismatched syllables it can be words that sound nothing alike ...

Looksemoh
05-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Bro, this happens to me every other battle, and I just go "meh whatever I'll let the verse speak for itself and keep killing it in my next match." The fact that you actually went to the trouble of writing a lengthy, thinly-veiled pseudo-intellectual hate letter to multiple voters AND the entire site because you disagreed with a couple comments you received on one particular battle is astonishing.

ILLoKWENT
05-22-2016, 11:41 PM
M I L K ,,this thread is like saying everyone looks interprets you as a man, because you look , dress, talk, like a man, but you yell out, but 'i feel like a woman' so there fore im a woman..lol

anyway, theres nothing wrong with 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and i agree that LB at times , or with a few people, are really nazi when it comes to slant rhymes,, even daddio at one point spoke about it in his bars.. it goes down to what is the stressed vowel sounds that should be emphasized or heard when read out.. and for one thing, from setup to concept to punchline shouldnt require a huge paragraph to describe/explain the metaphor your tryin to convey,,they should be fairly easy to grasp because majority of LB are casual readers, that want the instant gratification of a good concept, and identifiable flip, .. which then goes back to setup which should be one fluent idea that is realized,concludes in the punchline.. this is the example ive used that i read in 05, on GOLDMIC..
I bet you never had a girl, wit that TALENT YOU GOT,
so you only 'imaginin pussy', like CALVIN AND HOBBES/

as you can see, the two lines are one cohesive idea, that doesnt require a million 'quoted references' to see where the idea was goin.. theres a basic foundation that still needs to be maintained, regardless of how artistic, or stylistic, ones approach tries to convey... yes its a rigid, tried and true formula, but it also is a fundamentally sound approach, that will garner the easiest comprehension... not everyone here wants to scrutinize any obscure or even subtle meanings that may have missed a well trained eye, so to appease more of the masses, sometimes you gotta adapt to fit in, otherwise youll stand out for all the wrong reasons..same goes with underground rappers, or dudes like canibus, who lyrically were ahead of their time, yet monetarily didnt garner much success, due to the unorthadox content.. etc... im not disagreein on your stance cause i can see a few points you bring up, but at the same time, i agree with the others on a few of your multi choices... which were mismatched at times ,and some were a bit too slanted or the stressed sounds didnt jive as well flowwise.. multis imo, are nice to have because when done correctly by anyone, produce a nice flow to what your reading, but it shouldnt be a gamebreaker to someone who has one syllable multis, but relavent setups and stronger punches... multis are just that, a tool to accentuate flow... battles are designed for mainly one thing, to accentuate hard punchlines, clever disses, that utilize personification, alliteration, metaphors, similes, wordplay, etc.etc..etc... the main thing i try to compare is punches first and foremost, if they are even, then i look at relavence in setup, then finally multi usage and structure,,.... and capping is up to the writer where he wants to emphasize, but due to the medium, which is text, its just more practical to cap only complete multis,.. to emphasize where they start and end, .. and yes on audio, dudes do that all the time, droppin a 4 syllable multi, then matchin it up wit a 5, but we're not doin audio, its text, which is more visual and technical, and its better practice to keep multis at ther very least matching....because multis produce a certain rhythm and timing to a person that reads it,(hence flow) and throwin a hard soundin word in between or adding an extra word, throws the timing off, hence the mismatch...

EtH
05-23-2016, 12:12 AM
1. I can't rhyme Largest and Dollar in any aspect what so ever. It's not even close. Menu and Venue is fine.

2. Capitalization on LB is a signal for rhyming. The reason this is done because we write in a literal box, with no clear end of lines. So we have always capped the rhymes so people will be able to pick up on the rhyme scheme they would typically expect at the end of a line. The only reason we cap things in there is for the purpose of rhyming. If something is capped that isn't a rhyme, we're conditioned to hit those words hard as though they are rhymes. When they aren't connected to anything, and you're hitting them hard, that will make the flow choppy.

3. Mac is short for macaroni, which isn't noodles, for the record. Cheese also doesn't mean smile. "Cheeser" would be the word you'd look for. You would never know what I meant if I said someone was "cheesing at me" or "this guy cheesed on the street". You'd think it's got something to do with a penis most likely. Also, predicting your retort, the reason people say cheese in photographs isn't because that means smile, it's because the facial expression when saying the word replications that of a smile. Cheese doesn't mean smile. Also, not having teeth doesn't mean you can't smile.

4. You are trying to "change the structure" but are getting pissed off if someone says they hate it. If I said I loved your structure, you'd be delighted. You can't get pissed off about this because you are actively trying to change it. You have to accept that you might not be changing it to something better, in the case of this verse....it's much MUCH worse.

5. "He claims he's a god" isn't a punchline. That's like me saying "This guy thinks he's dope but his name is Milk". Yes, he DOES claim he's a god....what about it? You going to insult him over it or just inform us of what his username is?

6. You said nothing about the distance in which the apple drops. You said you were going to watch where the apple drops....what if it drops close? Is he then a genius? You never said any of that. Also, sure, Apple make Macs...so what? You just added the word apple in and assume that somehow makes it a punch? If you said "He doesn't have jobs" does that now mean it's a punch relating to Steve Jobs? You actually have to relate Apple and Mac to something for it to be relevant.

Milk, just consider the situation here. You ASKED me to check your battle. I have absolutely no reason what so ever to have bias towards either writer. Most of the site that would remember would consider me to be one of the better voters around here. So when you consider these things...don't you think that YOU could be the one being biased towards your own verse?

You're here "explaining" the punches. You know why you're explaining them? They weren't clear what so ever. That's your fault. If you write stuff that the readers don't get, you can't blame them. You have to look at your verse and realize that it's too convoluted and as a result, you're fucking up everything you're trying to do.

Your flow was bad. Your rhyming was basic. You tried 500 things with each punch but didn't deliver 1 of those 500 things well. You're trying to create a new format of writing which isn't working out what so ever. You don't realize WHY people might format their verse a specific way to begin with. And essentially, this entire thread proves that until you assess your rhymes critically from an outside perspective you'll never improve. You're going to keep blaming the voters every time and act like it's their fault if your verse isn't connecting with them (see Lizman for more details). It's YOUR fault that I never felt your punches, or that your flow put me off, or that I didn't connect one or two things together. YOU. You're trying to get me to vote for you in this battle, so you have to cater to the voters or be prepared to lose.

Sometimes when I wrote topicals, I'd write insanely hidden messages and have the entire piece working two ways that next to no one would pick up on. I can't then bring this into a contest and be pissed off that they didn't get my second meaning. If you want to do shit like that, go and make a cypher. In a battle, you have to write dope punches that the readers are going to connect with along a solid flow. That's it. Until you are able to do that, keep your moaning threads to a minimum and realize that it's not our fault that you're inferior.

Row
05-23-2016, 12:22 AM
so.much.werds

S A L T
05-23-2016, 01:34 AM
I never said you were basic, though I stand by my vote. PC-ING and piecing don't work as PC-ING would have 3 syllables while piecing would have two...Microsoft wordplay has been done to death ...some of your multi es were broken... coming from someone who uses slant rhymes to the max at times..and a broken multi doesn't just have to be mismatched syllables it can be words that sound nothing alike ...

I never said you said I was basic you fuckin unit of temperture. It's a creative title for the damn post. Oh jeezus, I know the blatant syllable count, just be a little open minded for the sake of the punch. I'm not arguing on the micro-soft shit anymore, you're 100% right on that one, that's why I said it was cliche in my verse I knew I fucked up.

The words sound enough a like I think. But I know you might have trouble pronouncing L's and other types of english stuff.

Yo why is the website so fucking slow right now. My netflix and porn are running fine but this shit is glitching and pissing me off. I'd reply to all the messages in one message but idk how so I'ma quote them and if a mod ILLoKWENT could like mesh them all together? I hope thats easy. Thats a interesting name btw, but you should spell it less like a middle schooler.

That emoji wasnt some fucking joke btw I'm feeling some type of way :grass::monkey: :) (:

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Bro, this happens to me every other battle, and I just go "meh whatever I'll let the verse speak for itself and keep killing it in my next match." The fact that you actually went to the trouble of writing a lengthy, thinly-veiled pseudo-intellectual hate letter to multiple voters AND the entire site because you disagreed with a couple comments you received on one particular battle is astonishing.

Hahaha this made me laugh for like 7 minutes no joke. That was funny af. Fuck you, what do you know about pseudo-intellectual you homeskooled twat. You can't even spell the facility of education right.

No but no joke, it dead ass took me a half hour to write. And I was gonna like go into EtH's old battles and find slant rhymes and shit but that would've been time consuming. This new Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Sword of Desitiny shit isn't as good as I thought. It's not bad though.

Can you believe I made only one formatting error in that shit? I didn't even preview it first. :fyou:

S A L T
05-23-2016, 01:46 AM
M I L K ,,this thread is like saying everyone looks interprets you as a man, because you look , dress, talk, like a man, but you yell out, but 'i feel like a woman' so there fore im a woman..lol

anyway, theres nothing wrong with 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and i agree that LB at times , or with a few people, are really nazi when it comes to slant rhymes,, even daddio at one point spoke about it in his bars.. it goes down to what is the stressed vowel sounds that should be emphasized or heard when read out.. and for one thing, from setup to concept to punchline shouldnt require a huge paragraph to describe/explain the metaphor your tryin to convey,,they should be fairly easy to grasp because majority of LB are casual readers, that want the instant gratification of a good concept, and identifiable flip, .. which then goes back to setup which should be one fluent idea that is realized,concludes in the punchline.. this is the example ive used that i read in 05, on GOLDMIC..
I bet you never had a girl, wit that TALENT YOU GOT,
so you only 'imaginin pussy', like CALVIN AND HOBBES/

as you can see, the two lines are one cohesive idea, that doesnt require a million 'quoted references' to see where the idea was goin.. theres a basic foundation that still needs to be maintained, regardless of how artistic, or stylistic, ones approach tries to convey... yes its a rigid, tried and true formula, but it also is a fundamentally sound approach, that will garner the easiest comprehension... not everyone here wants to scrutinize any obscure or even subtle meanings that may have missed a well trained eye, so to appease more of the masses, sometimes you gotta adapt to fit in, otherwise youll stand out for all the wrong reasons..same goes with underground rappers, or dudes like canibus, who lyrically were ahead of their time, yet monetarily didnt garner much success, due to the unorthadox content.. etc... im not disagreein on your stance cause i can see a few points you bring up, but at the same time, i agree with the others on a few of your multi choices... which were mismatched at times ,and some were a bit too slanted or the stressed sounds didnt jive as well flowwise.. multis imo, are nice to have because when done correctly by anyone, produce a nice flow to what your reading, but it shouldnt be a gamebreaker to someone who has one syllable multis, but relavent setups and stronger punches... multis are just that, a tool to accentuate flow... battles are designed for mainly one thing, to accentuate hard punchlines, clever disses, that utilize personification, alliteration, metaphors, similes, wordplay, etc.etc..etc... the main thing i try to compare is punches first and foremost, if they are even, then i look at relavence in setup, then finally multi usage and structure,,.... and capping is up to the writer where he wants to emphasize, but due to the medium, which is text, its just more practical to cap only complete multis,.. to emphasize where they start and end, .. and yes on audio, dudes do that all the time, droppin a 4 syllable multi, then matchin it up wit a 5, but we're not doin audio, its text, which is more visual and technical, and its better practice to keep multis at ther very least matching....because multis produce a certain rhythm and timing to a person that reads it,(hence flow) and throwin a hard soundin word in between or adding an extra word, throws the timing off, hence the mismatch...

First of fucking eloquent bitch, that was an awesome thorough and appropriate response to this discussion. :cool: I appreciate that shit. BUT NO. It's not like yelling "I'm a women" bc that'd be counter productive af. It'd be like writing "Sandwich Artist" on your resume after working at Subway.

And you're lesson, although really great, basically told me to dumb down for LB. Thanks for acknowledging my genius. :high:

Bro wtf I just discovered the "[More]" tag shit, are you kidding me?

:noway:

EtH
05-23-2016, 01:52 AM
I slant rhyme a lot. Mostly it's not too bad but in some cases people have struggled to rhyme the word I'm rhyming, sometimes down to them not flowing it the way I was or sometimes down to pronunciation or accent. But guess what, that's my fault.

I had a killer personal in a 32 line scheme battler against UA. The scheme was Michael Jackson, my rhyme was Tribal Shaman. That works completely fine with me and to be able to pull out a proper personal off of an "expression or phrase rhyme" in a scheme battle, line was killer. Unfortunately, in America, they pronounce Shaman like it rhymes with "Gay man" instead of "Jammin'" like I would. I had to cut the line because the majority of the voters wouldn't have been able to rhyme it, despite the fact it worked perfectly to me.

This isn't specifically relevant to what you said. In a lot of places, Shaman and Jackson is a fine slant. I really really doubt you will find any defence for Largest and Dollar as a slant rhyme. They are just completely different sounding words, down to every sound they produce. If you can find me a single rhyme I've ever spit that's as off as Largest and Dollar, I'll concede that you're the greatest rapper ever.

S A L T
05-23-2016, 02:13 AM
1. I can't rhyme Largest and Dollar in any aspect what so ever. It's not even close. Menu and Venue is fine.

2. Capitalization on LB is a signal for rhyming. The reason this is done because we write in a literal box, with no clear end of lines. So we have always capped the rhymes so people will be able to pick up on the rhyme scheme they would typically expect at the end of a line. The only reason we cap things in there is for the purpose of rhyming. If something is capped that isn't a rhyme, we're conditioned to hit those words hard as though they are rhymes. When they aren't connected to anything, and you're hitting them hard, that will make the flow choppy.

3. Mac is short for macaroni, which isn't noodles, for the record. Cheese also doesn't mean smile. "Cheeser" would be the word you'd look for. You would never know what I meant if I said someone was "cheesing at me" or "this guy cheesed on the street". You'd think it's got something to do with a penis most likely. Also, predicting your retort, the reason people say cheese in photographs isn't because that means smile, it's because the facial expression when saying the word replications that of a smile. Cheese doesn't mean smile. Also, not having teeth doesn't mean you can't smile.

4. You are trying to "change the structure" but are getting pissed off if someone says they hate it. If I said I loved your structure, you'd be delighted. You can't get pissed off about this because you are actively trying to change it. You have to accept that you might not be changing it to something better, in the case of this verse....it's much MUCH worse.

5. "He claims he's a god" isn't a punchline. That's like me saying "This guy thinks he's dope but his name is Milk". Yes, he DOES claim he's a god....what about it? You going to insult him over it or just inform us of what his username is?

6. You said nothing about the distance in which the apple drops. You said you were going to watch where the apple drops....what if it drops close? Is he then a genius? You never said any of that. Also, sure, Apple make Macs...so what? You just added the word apple in and assume that somehow makes it a punch? If you said "He doesn't have jobs" does that now mean it's a punch relating to Steve Jobs? You actually have to relate Apple and Mac to something for it to be relevant.

Milk, just consider the situation here. You ASKED me to check your battle. I have absolutely no reason what so ever to have bias towards either writer. Most of the site that would remember would consider me to be one of the better voters around here. So when you consider these things...don't you think that YOU could be the one being biased towards your own verse?

You're here "explaining" the punches. You know why you're explaining them? They weren't clear what so ever. That's your fault. If you write stuff that the readers don't get, you can't blame them. You have to look at your verse and realize that it's too convoluted and as a result, you're fucking up everything you're trying to do.

Your flow was bad. Your rhyming was basic. You tried 500 things with each punch but didn't deliver 1 of those 500 things well. You're trying to create a new format of writing which isn't working out what so ever. You don't realize WHY people might format their verse a specific way to begin with. And essentially, this entire thread proves that until you assess your rhymes critically from an outside perspective you'll never improve. You're going to keep blaming the voters every time and act like it's their fault if your verse isn't connecting with them (see Lizman for more details). It's YOUR fault that I never felt your punches, or that your flow put me off, or that I didn't connect one or two things together. YOU. You're trying to get me to vote for you in this battle, so you have to cater to the voters or be prepared to lose.

Sometimes when I wrote topicals, I'd write insanely hidden messages and have the entire piece working two ways that next to no one would pick up on. I can't then bring this into a contest and be pissed off that they didn't get my second meaning. If you want to do shit like that, go and make a cypher. In a battle, you have to write dope punches that the readers are going to connect with along a solid flow. That's it. Until you are able to do that, keep your moaning threads to a minimum and realize that it's not our fault that you're inferior.

Ohhhh and now the fucking dingus.

1) Okay fucking fine. Largest and Dollar don't fucking rhyme okay but the 'Lars' man. The LARS. It's kinda cool and the Menu and Venue are the important part. You knit picky fuck. I guess, in that sense it's a one word rhyme too but still :fyou: I knew you'd be the no-life chubucket that would list out your replies to my shit. Told you we're compatible, I just get laid more.

2) Suck my dick, ill cap my rhymes for now on probably. Uncondition your bias you potato.

3) Fucking cheese means smile. What country are you from? It's literally used as cheesing, cheesed, and teeth dude figuratively speaking means smile you asshat. Throw me a fucking bone you literal dick sucker.

4) Are you tired of the name calling? You're an alright guy just so you know. Anyways, I can't argue this point bc you're right. I'm just saying my taste is superior to yours. Honestly, you like the WWE. Wtf..

5) "This guy thinks he's dope but his name is Milk". Dope has nothing to do with Milk. Seriously what fucking country are you from that you use milk to get high? Godd has something to do with a narcissistic complex (i.e. Kanye West). And it's a nameplay battle asshat. Sorry we couldn't disclose it due to a new line of code. I'll gladly remind you of the name I'm trying to slander.

6) You're kinda right. But references like apple should still earn me brownie points. Also, what country are you from where trees are that short? Seriously, dude. Don't make me ask again about your geographical location. I'm already too curious as to why you're a smart idiot.

Paragraph 1: I am without a doubt bias toward my own verse. Why do you think I wrote it? Bc it's good, duh. macc's a doofus. You're just a WWE who likes men and probably communism, like the Stalin kind I think.

Paragraph 2: I'm sorry I'm smarter than you. :monkey:

Paragraph 3: Woah fuck, rip the fucking bandaid off why don't you. Thanks, I still appreciate the flow I interpreted. And just to get it out of the way, I honestly wasn't trying to get you to vote for me. I was genuinely curious and actually 10% expected this outcome. YOU'RE BASIC you fucking nazi. Hitler wouldn't even like you you fucking canon ball go back to the 17th century where you and your prose belong.

I'm not blaming the voter... I am blaming the voter. Still not my fault you're dumb and I'm salty. The second part is but I think it balances out by the limited capacity of care I don't seem to not actually oppose to give to this site. If you know what I mean. I hope that means something along the lines as I don't care. LETS BEEF . COM (not calm). Come at me mother fucker. You'll probably trip.

Paragraph 4: Don't call me inferior you potato. I don't probably plan on posting another thread of this length. I read that back an hour or so afterwards and actually got bored. I'm surprise it got any readers outside you and cel lol. S/O to ILLo again for that two cents (you suck). And cyphers are better anyways. Send me 8 you fucking FAGGOT. Lol (srly I hope I don't hurt you feelings, you're cool).

Anyways, dead pool is a good movie. I recommend. The new Crouching Tiger, eh. It's good if you're baked enough. :guns::guns:

S A L T
05-23-2016, 02:24 AM
I slant rhyme a lot. Mostly it's not too bad but in some cases people have struggled to rhyme the word I'm rhyming, sometimes down to them not flowing it the way I was or sometimes down to pronunciation or accent. But guess what, that's my fault.

I had a killer personal in a 32 line scheme battler against UA. The scheme was Michael Jackson, my rhyme was Tribal Shaman. That works completely fine with me and to be able to pull out a proper personal off of an "expression or phrase rhyme" in a scheme battle, line was killer. Unfortunately, in America, they pronounce Shaman like it rhymes with "Gay man" instead of "Jammin'" like I would. I had to cut the line because the majority of the voters wouldn't have been able to rhyme it, despite the fact it worked perfectly to me.

This isn't specifically relevant to what you said. In a lot of places, Shaman and Jackson is a fine slant. I really really doubt you will find any defence for Largest and Dollar as a slant rhyme. They are just completely different sounding words, down to every sound they produce. If you can find me a single rhyme I've ever spit that's as off as Largest and Dollar, I'll concede that you're the greatest rapper ever.

Jesus christ, let me reply to your first comment before you're already lashing to triple your chins.

& tbh, I can't argue the punctuation thing. I don't speak loser. :fyou::fyou::fyou: Jk. No really, you have point. I wouldn't have got the Shaman thing, but from your perspective it do work. I would've given you the benefit of the doubt. :cool:

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

so.much.werds Pretty fuckin lazy for a head mod. You should change your name to Sail. (bc it's easier than rowing)

EtH
05-23-2016, 02:34 AM
1. Now, because you know I'm right and have no valid counter to what I'm saying, you're lashing out and resorting to name calling. You asked me to vote. You made this thread (specifically asking for responses). You hoped that everyone would see things your way but we don't. You can't have a hissy fit over that.

2. Why would I be biased? Who would I be biased to or against? You, a guy I spoke to about some old shit and never said anything negative to. Or MaCc...a guy I actively insult at every turn?

3. Figurative* (Archer's face). Anyways, I've definitely never heard someone say "I was in the park and this guy was cheesing like fuck". Perhaps in some places that term exists, but if it doesn't exist where I'm from or where someone else is from then how can you expect them to get it? Can't be mad at that. If I write a Henrik Larsson punch, I can't be pissed off if you don't get it.

4. I'm not specifically tired of the name calling, although you could probably do with some better attempts. I just find it telling that you make this thread, trying your best to look as intelligent as possible, but when you know you're bested you resort to "Fuck u u sukk dicc". You can say your "taste" is better (because professional wrestling interests clearly factor into text rap battling), but now you're talking about opinions. In my opinion, and I assume in Cel's opinion, your verse was fucking horrendous. I'm pretty sure most of the site would absolutely agree with that assessment. Perhaps your taste is superior to everyone else's, but unfortunately for you all you happen to be tasting is defeat.

5. You didn't write a punchline about his being narcissistic. You just stated it. If someone's name is "Rob Bender" and your line is "Your name is bender so you are gay"...that's not a punchline. You acknowledged that he is narcissistic, okay then. Are you going to write a punchline about it or just state the obvious? Sometimes you don't need a punchline. I write a lot of statement "diss" stuff whenever I write personals, which typically only resonates with a small percentage. Regardless, these only work when the insult is REALLY personal, or perhaps is some information that people didn't know. You're essentially just telling us he's narcissistic because he had God in his name...yeah mate...we deduced that ourselves.

6. Why are you relating everything to a geographical location? I'm from Scotland for the record (cue random pass off of Scotland, not acknowledging that two of the site's biggest Hall of Famers are Scottish). Who said anything about the size of the figurative tree? I didn't.

Paragraph 1. So MaCc is a doofus who thinks his verse is dope yet it sucks, and you're a genius who thinks his verse is dope because it is? To be honest, I reckon both of you are more towards the lacking upstairs side of things because neither of you have the ability to critically look at your own body of work and see it like everybody else does. It's not good, not good at all.

Paragraph 2. Apology accepted.

Paragraph 3. This thread directly conflicts with you "not caring". You are trying to get me to vote for you...that's what competition is. You want everyone to vote for you. If they aren't voting for you, 99 times out of 100 it's because you have a problem with what you are doing. You can say it's my fault all you want, but that doesn't really change the fact that your verses are still going to be terrible and you're still going to lose battles.

Paragraph 4. You're going to have to work considerably harder to hurt my feelings. So far you've said "You're stupid and a faggot". Essentially all you have to do is add in "Kill yourself" and "retard" and you're every internet cliche going. I'd also suggest throwing in some reaction gifs that you specifically look up and copy and paste. Also, tell me I'm mad a lot, that should do the trick. Anyways, as a battler you are absolutely inferior. I'm not really interested in battling but feel free to send something and I'll more than prove it to you.

Finally, Dead Pool sucks because it's not part of MCU. If there's no chance of you making a cameo in the superhero world, get on your bike. BRING BACK AGENT CARTER!

S A L T
05-23-2016, 03:16 AM
1. Now, because you know I'm right and have no valid counter to what I'm saying, you're lashing out and resorting to name calling. You asked me to vote. You made this thread (specifically asking for responses). You hoped that everyone would see things your way but we don't. You can't have a hissy fit over that.

2. Why would I be biased? Who would I be biased to or against? You, a guy I spoke to about some old shit and never said anything negative to. Or MaCc...a guy I actively insult at every turn?

3. Figurative* (Archer's face). Anyways, I've definitely never heard someone say "I was in the park and this guy was cheesing like fuck". Perhaps in some places that term exists, but if it doesn't exist where I'm from or where someone else is from then how can you expect them to get it? Can't be mad at that. If I write a Henrik Larsson punch, I can't be pissed off if you don't get it.

4. I'm not specifically tired of the name calling, although you could probably do with some better attempts. I just find it telling that you make this thread, trying your best to look as intelligent as possible, but when you know you're bested you resort to "Fuck u u sukk dicc". You can say your "taste" is better (because professional wrestling interests clearly factor into text rap battling), but now you're talking about opinions. In my opinion, and I assume in Cel's opinion, your verse was fucking horrendous. I'm pretty sure most of the site would absolutely agree with that assessment. Perhaps your taste is superior to everyone else's, but unfortunately for you all you happen to be tasting is defeat.

5. You didn't write a punchline about his being narcissistic. You just stated it. If someone's name is "Rob Bender" and your line is "Your name is bender so you are gay"...that's not a punchline. You acknowledged that he is narcissistic, okay then. Are you going to write a punchline about it or just state the obvious? Sometimes you don't need a punchline. I write a lot of statement "diss" stuff whenever I write personals, which typically only resonates with a small percentage. Regardless, these only work when the insult is REALLY personal, or perhaps is some information that people didn't know. You're essentially just telling us he's narcissistic because he had God in his name...yeah mate...we deduced that ourselves.

6. Why are you relating everything to a geographical location? I'm from Scotland for the record (cue random pass off of Scotland, not acknowledging that two of the site's biggest Hall of Famers are Scottish). Who said anything about the size of the figurative tree? I didn't.

Paragraph 1. So MaCc is a doofus who thinks his verse is dope yet it sucks, and you're a genius who thinks his verse is dope because it is? To be honest, I reckon both of you are more towards the lacking upstairs side of things because neither of you have the ability to critically look at your own body of work and see it like everybody else does. It's not good, not good at all.

Paragraph 2. Apology accepted.

Paragraph 3. This thread directly conflicts with you "not caring". You are trying to get me to vote for you...that's what competition is. You want everyone to vote for you. If they aren't voting for you, 99 times out of 100 it's because you have a problem with what you are doing. You can say it's my fault all you want, but that doesn't really change the fact that your verses are still going to be terrible and you're still going to lose battles.

Paragraph 4. You're going to have to work considerably harder to hurt my feelings. So far you've said "You're stupid and a faggot". Essentially all you have to do is add in "Kill yourself" and "retard" and you're every internet cliche going. I'd also suggest throwing in some reaction gifs that you specifically look up and copy and paste. Also, tell me I'm mad a lot, that should do the trick. Anyways, as a battler you are absolutely inferior. I'm not really interested in battling but feel free to send something and I'll more than prove it to you.

Finally, Dead Pool sucks because it's not part of MCU. If there's no chance of you making a cameo in the superhero world, get on your bike. BRING BACK AGENT CARTER!

Whoa whoa whoa William Wallace, okay I thought the freedom speeches were over. Sorry, did my douche dad humor go over your head too?

I asked for a fair and yes got an unexpected result that doesn't mean I was asking for your vote, unless you mean in a fair general sense. Just because you wear a plad skirt doesn't make you Sherlock Holmes. I knew the possibilities—sorry for being guilty of having confidence, jesus, tell the rest of the site. Yes, it prompted the post so tf what, you gotta problem with me stirring some commotion on a website called LETS BEEF? I'm just adding some fuckin protein, get your panties out of a bunch.

Now your opinions on my verse are starting to sound more factual? Looks like someones gotta strong case against my skill set. I'll get to you bish. I'll get to you. I still owe Alceous or whatever his name is, damn man. I'm sorry, I just don't feel like writing and tbh I wanted to actually get legitimate feedback from this (which I did). ->> @Alceous Then gotta get to Row aka Sail.

"The size of a figurative tree" ? No no. A tree was just a figurative way of unliterally meaning high up. Because trees tend to be high. So if the apple drops, it would not only hurt to hit the grown but prove to be far from smart like his unsupportful mother.

MaCc, for the record, I don't really think you're a doofus, you didn't deserve that.

Call me inferior all you want EtH, you're still a potato who gets off to men & women on WWE. :guns::guns::guns: Figures you'd pull the "it's not consistent with the MCU" card. It's a fuckin movie and it was funny, let it be you Nazi.

Jk, you're cool.

I'ma eat cake 'n pass out soon.

EtH
05-23-2016, 03:29 AM
Whoa whoa whoa William Wallace, okay I thought the freedom speeches were over. Sorry, did my douche dad humor go over your head too?

I asked for a fair and yes got an unexpected result that doesn't mean I was asking for your vote, unless you mean in a fair general sense. Just because you wear a plad skirt doesn't make you Sherlock Holmes. I knew the possibilities—sorry for being guilty of having confidence, jesus, tell the rest of the site. Yes, it prompted the post so tf what, you gotta problem with me stirring some commotion on a website called LETS BEEF? I'm just adding some fuckin protein, get your panties out of a bunch.

Now your opinions on my verse are starting to sound more factual? Looks like someones gotta strong case against my skill set. I'll get to you bish. I'll get to you. I still owe Alceous or whatever his name is, damn man. I'm sorry, I just don't feel like writing and tbh I wanted to actually get legitimate feedback from this (which I did). ->> @Alceous Then gotta get to Row aka Sail.

"The size of a figurative tree" ? No no. A tree was just a figurative way of unliterally meaning high up. Because trees tend to be high. So if the apple drops, it would not only hurt to hit the grown but prove to be far from smart like his unsupportful mother.

MaCc, for the record, I don't really think you're a doofus, you didn't deserve that.

Call me inferior all you want EtH, you're still a potato who gets off to men & women on WWE. :guns::guns::guns: Figures you'd pull the "it's not consistent with the MCU" card. It's a fuckin movie and it was funny, let it be you Nazi.

Jk, you're cool.

I'ma eat cake 'n pass out soon.

Your cliche Scottish replies are so timeless.

I'm pretty sure it's you with your knickers in a twist.

My opinions on your verse ARE factual.

The height of a tree doesn't dictate how far something would be if it fell from it. An apple could fall from the top and still be close to the tree.

MaCc IS a doofus.

I don't get off to men and women in WWE but I watch plenty of porn which involves penises in vaginas so, not that much different than your attempt.

Regarding MCU and superhero movies, I certainly am a Nazi. The uniform of MCU is what makes it so great.

Your closing statement sounds like a rip off of something Rain Matrix 1 would say.

lllllllllllll
05-23-2016, 09:08 AM
Can any of you rap to an actual beat though

EtH
05-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Basic Text Record
815 Points / 94 Won / 46 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
-2 Points / 1 Won / 4 Lost
Voted: 47 audio / 271 text

Punk on his swagger jack Pulse game here. Text battled for like 4 years, decided he didn't like it anymore, starts dissing people who text battle.

lllllllllllll
05-23-2016, 11:43 AM
Lol you can't even speak proper english let alone pick up a mic. You need subtitles to decypher ya shit which is sad.

You suck pulse dick a lot, i've noticed lmao. I marked you out with a fast diss track & ended you. You can't open up ya own casket and pretend shit ain't happen.

PS: Look how soft you niggas are. EtH complains about people dissing eachother all friendly and shit.. Look at this fuckboy in this thread lmao. They having a fag blast insulting each other with smiles and compliment battles. ha

I'm legit the Face of this LB site. Let's be honest guys. No one gets the site active like me at random times. FTOH, site was poppin.. When i BODIED Dave, Site came back a little strong. Even RULE got inspired and had to drop a few posts. Just wait for what happens next. Punk own you niggas.

Rain Matrix 1
05-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Punk when did u get so cocky hah behave nigga

EtH
05-23-2016, 01:11 PM
^Punk got cocky cause the site got inactive. He knows that when this site was popping he was a nobody. He was basically just a copycat of Student, which he's still doing with stuff like a Justin Bieber avatar and stuff. But now's he's trying to add in a bit of Pulse "I'm God" stuff too.

Ironic as well. He's just merging the most embarrassing parts of those characters. The guy's such an after thought on the site but has convinced himself he's the main event player.

Celsius
05-23-2016, 02:16 PM
^^^Yet nobody wants track beef with Punk..lol

Rain Matrix 1
05-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Punks my nigga so I ain't gonna grill em too hard , but damn he's on that Messiah shit lol

I thought I could bring the site bk too but without the mods cooperation , it can't be done.

It's weird man , the mods think the site dying is funny. Like, the members do more around here than they do... it's about to die altogether and the mods are just sitting there watching , cracking jokes about it

Smh

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Yo honestly , put me on the staff Pugz n I'll fix ur site for u ... I'll put in more work than any of these niggas

I'm not battling again til I got some power. My word I wont ... yall want a dead site ? I ain't paddling against the current no more

Rain vs Esso . He's ducking me so far. I'm bk on my 2011 shit

S A L T
05-23-2016, 03:33 PM
Your cliche Scottish replies are so timeless.

I'm pretty sure it's you with your knickers in a twist.

My opinions on your verse ARE factual.

The height of a tree doesn't dictate how far something would be if it fell from it. An apple could fall from the top and still be close to the tree.

MaCc IS a doofus.

I don't get off to men and women in WWE but I watch plenty of porn which involves penises in vaginas so, not that much different than your attempt.

Regarding MCU and superhero movies, I certainly am a Nazi. The uniform of MCU is what makes it so great.

Your closing statement sounds like a rip off of something Rain Matrix 1 would say.

My humor is cliche, it uses cliche to some how be funny. Idk it's dad humor, I got it from reddit—the comments on that shit are funny af. I get a kick from it, I guess you and many others don't. They should tho.

My knickers were in a twist, they aren't now, cause I got the feedback I wanted, but I can still throw fuck yous out on the internet all I want. Your knickers are probably too tight to ever twist. That was my b.

Opinions in any matter aren't factual. You can indeed say that "largest & dollar" doesn't rhyme but you can't factually say it's a pimple on the verse, it's more of a freckle. It may have worked for some ppl, may not have. That goes for the narcissist punchline—calling someone a narcissist is a diss. At least in my opinion. It's like calling someone a douche bag or a girl an attention whore or using Kanye in a negative context. Same with the tree thing, you takin that shit fr fr. It fell from the fuckin branch bro. Structure/punctuation blah blah, all shit's up to the writer and interp of the read, but I probably will try to go with the traditional LB setup and try to make the shit more accessible, I actually didn't know that was so engrained in the culture here. Different interpretations don't mean one's fact you fuckin bag pipe.

What's the real appeal in watching WWE, just curious? A bunch of roidheads throwing chairs and jumping on tables has real entertainment value to you?

And okay okay, on that note. Are the other movies besides deadpool, cohesive with MCU? Why exactly doesn't deadpool fit bc I like that character.. Who tf is agent carter?

That WAS NOT a closing statement. That was a literally debrief of what I was about to do. I fr ate cake and went to sleep, I just woke up and am kinda regretting the cake. I ate way too much of it.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Can any of you rap to an actual beat though

Yea, track "Love Me" on my profile was an attempt with audacity when I was like 16, I've gotten a lil better. :grass:

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Paperclip What was your name back in the day? Who are you? Punk? I don't remember that really. I'd be down for an audio battle in the near future.

The EtHer bro you're dissing on Punk here for being a narcissist justsouknow

Rain Matrix 1 & Pugz & no joke, I feel like a point is being made here and I'd also be willing to help in terms of a new UI Design and try to market it a little. You guys could really market this site better.

A lot of the rap battle subreddits don't let you advertise shit but I made a post in a hip-hop subreddit and people recognized this site from a while back. It really is just weening away. I was also directed to another popular site, www.rmbva.com, which is essentially like LB just more developed and focused on the forum aspect rather than the battle aspect. It seems like it's doing well.

LB is a pretty original concept that his somewhat developed. Definitely has potential. They said the site looked stuck in 2005 lol, which is what I said. I thought that was funny. I can definitely develop a nice UI for this website and I'd do it for free. Or maybe just a shit ton of credits? :).

I gotta bachelors in Graphic Design puggggz, I'm good for it.

EtH
05-23-2016, 04:10 PM
M I L K, same reason I like martial arts movies. I'm pretty much into any fighting, real or fake.

MCU is Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Spider Man, Black Panther, Ant Man and overall Avengers (all movies), Guardians of the Galaxy, Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Dardevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and a couple more. They are thinking of adding Blade and Ghost Rider I believe. X Men, Fantastic Four and Dead Pool are Marvel but part of a different thing and can't appear in MCU stuff. Maybe a reboot they could. Batman, Superman, Suicide Squad, Justice League etc. are all DC and defo could never be in MCU.

Yes, I did call Punk a narcissist. But that's not a punchline. It's a statement. In a battle, I'm need to flip that into a punchline to make it work.

I offered to help out with skin redesign like 5 years ago. They thanked me for the offer and never got at me again. The skin's okay. More important shit first. Cyphers don't work, crews don't work and above all...there's no members.

Esso
05-23-2016, 04:43 PM
I aint read much of anything anyone has said...but since ya made it a public issue and I got a minute to burn, Ill throw my two cents in. Whether or not you care is up to you but I dont even know you so this is about as objective as it gets.

Slant is necessary....I do as much as anyone but LARGEST and DOLLAR don't really work. I see where the rhymes were in the first line though everyone is so used to reading all caps it seems some dont know how to go without it at times. The Macc and Cheese bit was a decent concept but the play was off. If he smiles, Macs cheesin...not Mac n Cheesin. Macc's battled about a million times....the Mac/Apple/computer concepts are about as obvious as they come. Dont be surprised that no one is impressed with that. The PC wordplay was weak and forced and the fact he went from being a Mac to PCing himself together back to a Mac that became an actual apple in the span of a line and a half...nah, homie...that's redundant and disconnected at the same time, and thats tough to manage. Ya got good ideas and rhymed mostly well but it just wasnt getting tied together. Take that how ya want to.

Esso
05-23-2016, 04:48 PM
Rain vs Esso . He's ducking me so far. I'm bk on my 2011 shit

I can tell by all the nameflips ur on some 2011 shit.....wait more than 24 hrs before you say someone's duckin. Ill get to you....dont you worry bout it

Rain Matrix 1
05-23-2016, 04:56 PM
I wrote mine in 30 minutes from scratch

Ur going 2nd and taking days to write it

Unbelievable

S A L T
05-23-2016, 05:00 PM
M I L K, same reason I like martial arts movies. I'm pretty much into any fighting, real or fake.

MCU is Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Spider Man, Black Panther, Ant Man and overall Avengers (all movies), Guardians of the Galaxy, Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Dardevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and a couple more. They are thinking of adding Blade and Ghost Rider I believe. X Men, Fantastic Four and Dead Pool are Marvel but part of a different thing and can't appear in MCU stuff. Maybe a reboot they could. Batman, Superman, Suicide Squad, Justice League etc. are all DC and defo could never be in MCU.

Yes, I did call Punk a narcissist. But that's not a punchline. It's a statement. In a battle, I'm need to flip that into a punchline to make it work.

I offered to help out with skin redesign like 5 years ago. They thanked me for the offer and never got at me again. The skin's okay. More important shit first. Cyphers don't work, crews don't work and above all...there's no members.

Yea, it just always came off corny to me. Did you always believe it was fake or were you upset when they let it be known?

Regardless that statement you made was intended to be an insult (aka a punch). But I think I finally get what you're talking about with the punchline lol. Regardless, the punch was more-so in the 'PCing himself together' rather than the narcissism jab.

I admit the PCing shit is def forced, I'd give a rapper benefit of the doubt a little for the sake of the line though. It doesn't always have to be perfect if you know what they mean. Audibly, you can mesh it pretty well. At least I didn't try The for D or milk if mac needs ya for milk of magnesia.. jesus.

I did spend a couple hundred on tuition for some nice Web Design classes. The importance of skin design is pretty substantial in recent UX studies when it comes to attracting traffic. That and marketing, which nobody does on this site. You should have an active social aspect to this that reaches beyond just LB. Idek cyphers and crews didn't work.

lllllllllllll
05-23-2016, 05:02 PM
^Punk got cocky cause the site got inactive. He knows that when this site was popping he was a nobody. He was basically just a copycat of Student, which he's still doing with stuff like a Justin Bieber avatar and stuff. But now's he's trying to add in a bit of Pulse "I'm God" stuff too.

Ironic as well. He's just merging the most embarrassing parts of those characters. The guy's such an after thought on the site but has convinced himself he's the main event player.

Tell him the part where I ripped ya bum ass soul from ya body with that track.

I BEEN a main event player especially in the track field. Bitch even you praised my shit. I do shit you can't do. You just type. There's a difference, broke nigga.

Student is my boooy doe s/o to the homie.

Rain Matrix 1
05-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Milk .. the site needs new management .... the mods are lazy af

All I see getting done are ... them moving my threads to the text lounge (general chat looks cluttered, nice work row) .. they'll def make the effort to give themselves emcee items.. and they MIGHT delete some hate votes if they like u

Niggas wont do a thing for me tho ... idk if it's out of spite or niggas is just lazy. Either way

lllllllllllll
05-23-2016, 05:07 PM

^^^^^^

Rain Matrix 1
05-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Yo punk youre going after the wrong niggas .. direct ur hate at the niggas responsible

Namely, every green/red name

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Text lounge crips motherfucker

Esso
05-23-2016, 05:13 PM

Unbelievable

I make fun of yer shit and you get defensive....haha. I didn't tell u to send me an 8 that took you 30 seconds. Ya did that yerself. I'll get to it later on when I feel like taking time to write. Til then.....Im on my Michael Jackson shit right now.....just here to read the comments.

S A L T
05-23-2016, 05:27 PM
I aint read much of anything anyone has said...but since ya made it a public issue and I got a minute to burn, Ill throw my two cents in. Whether or not you care is up to you but I dont even know you so this is about as objective as it gets.

Slant is necessary....I do as much as anyone but LARGEST and DOLLAR don't really work. I see where the rhymes were in the first line though everyone is so used to reading all caps it seems some dont know how to go without it at times. The Macc and Cheese bit was a decent concept but the play was off. If he smiles, Macs cheesin...not Mac n Cheesin. Macc's battled about a million times....the Mac/Apple/computer concepts are about as obvious as they come. Dont be surprised that no one is impressed with that. The PC wordplay was weak and forced and the fact he went from being a Mac to PCing himself together back to a Mac that became an actual apple in the span of a line and a half...nah, homie...that's redundant and disconnected at the same time, and thats tough to manage. Ya got good ideas and rhymed mostly well but it just wasnt getting tied together. Take that how ya want to.

Perfect two cents, actually.

I wasn't actually aware his name use to be MaCc at some point. I came back to 1 Finga. I could definitely see how they're played concepts no doubt, didn't know they would've already been referenced toward him. I honestly just put in the "just enough" effort and tried to deliver them in a not-so played way while still sticking to the Nameplay Battle concept we had going into it. I was trying to come at his name in every aspect of the verse, I ran out of quality ideas but thought it'd due.

The PCing bit, like I said, is forced but blah blah. It's suppose to have a contradicting context. Having "MaCc PCing himself together" wouldn't make a contradictory product, which I was trying to emulate into the "pretend hes a God" bit bc him calling himself a God is contradictory to the fact that he's just a basic human being. I know pretty elaborate right?

All in all, I am taking the feedback seriously. :grass:

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Unbelievable

You talking shit about a dead site and then get on someones ass for taking a day or two to write shit for you.

People got lives and moods, not everyones gotta constantly be in a creative writing mood and set aside shit in their life to get at an internet rapper's 4 bars.

At least I had an existential problem with my creative process, that has life implications. You're whining about some kid ignoring you on that dead battling website. If he's taking so long, improve on your 30 minute dump while you wait or take your time instead of being so up-tight about due dates, I'm sure you got other shit beside sitting on LB in the meantime

:monkey::monkey::monkey:

Rain Matrix 1
05-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Yo whT is this , yall ganging up on the only decent member ?

Ima let it go I'm on hiatus after this battle , unless I get that mod spot

Til then

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Oh and stoy I didn't vote on ur battle w/ macc cuz u lost. U voted for me so I did u a solid and didn't vote

Ur wack, bro

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Idk why u made this thread , lol I didn't read ur original post but ima assume u felt wronged for losing

It was a legit loss

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

"PCing" lmao

Esso vs rain coming soon. ... feel free to hate vote

EtH
05-23-2016, 06:30 PM

Except Mani who owned Punk so bad that Punk responded to him with gospel music. The only track beefs Punk's even tried to start is against Pugz, who doesn't know what a personal or bar is, and me, who is a horrendous rapper. Punk's never went after someone who can actually rap and the one time he had that opponent, he bitched out of responding with a diss track.

Yea, it just always came off corny to me. Did you always believe it was fake or were you upset when they let it be known?

Regardless that statement you made was intended to be an insult (aka a punch). But I think I finally get what you're talking about with the punchline lol. Regardless, the punch was more-so in the 'PCing himself together' rather than the narcissism jab.

I admit the PCing shit is def forced, I'd give a rapper benefit of the doubt a little for the sake of the line though. It doesn't always have to be perfect if you know what they mean. Audibly, you can mesh it pretty well. At least I didn't try The for D or milk if mac needs ya for milk of magnesia.. jesus.

I did spend a couple hundred on tuition for some nice Web Design classes. The importance of skin design is pretty substantial in recent UX studies when it comes to attracting traffic. That and marketing, which nobody does on this site. You should have an active social aspect to this that reaches beyond just LB. Idek cyphers and crews didn't work.

Always knew it was fake. Anyone with eyes always knew it was fake. The problem with PCing is....how do you PC yourself? I get that your wordplay is piecing, but wordplay has to work both ways (tell that to every top battler on the site in 2016 though lol). Also PCing and Piecing obviously don't sound the same.

It does always have to make sense. PCing is definitely worst than milk of magnesia.

Marketing is 99.9% of what I keep banging on about, but the closest the staff on this site get to running anything successfully is running out of members.

lllllllllllll
05-23-2016, 07:08 PM
Lol EtH trying his hardest with all these stories. That's how you know a nigga losing when you just start talking out ya ass. Either way, I took W's. Y'all seen what I can do. Ya fear that. You the ONLY person that think Mani "owned" me because you fighting for ya reputation right now lmao. I bring the bitchness out you coward ass lil boys.

Rain Matrix 1 those days were poppin my nig lol. Had the entire site buzzin over that

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

People forgetting that the mods picked the beats themselves. Don't blame me, blame them. I just dropped art on it

Rain Matrix 1
05-23-2016, 07:26 PM
Esso vs rain .... feel free to hate vote

Feel free to hate vote cuz that's the only chance the nigga stands

+ The mods are too lazy to do anything about it anyways so why not

#FtheMods

EtH
05-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Punk bout to hit us with a hallelujah, watch out homies.

lllllllllllll
05-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Eth craves backup lmao always talking about US as if someone supports his filthy ass.

Take a bath, you hyper active animal

EtH
05-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Punk hits people with dope disses like "Take a bath". #PWNED

S A L T
05-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Yo whT is this , yall ganging up on the only decent member ?

Ima let it go I'm on hiatus after this battle , unless I get that mod spot

Til then

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Oh and stoy I didn't vote on ur battle w/ macc cuz u lost. U voted for me so I did u a solid and didn't vote

Ur wack, bro

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Idk why u made this thread , lol I didn't read ur original post but ima assume u felt wronged for losing

It was a legit loss

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

"PCing" lmao

Esso vs rain coming soon. ... feel free to hate vote

Hahaha, I can see I lost Rain, I appreciate the solid, but one more vote against me would've given me another tail to rip—don't get all gay on me. I get 3 votes on every one of my battles you guys really think I'd raise this much shit over 2 votes.

I deadass made this thread out of boredom and slight frustration (I won't pretend that wasn't there). But hardly enough frustration to genuinely dislike EtH and Cel and think they have no idea what they're talking about. Though I do stand by a lot of my opinions—what was said was not ignored. EtH is fun to argue with too.

I seriously wanted some helpful feedback but didn't feel like asking for it politely. This sites a dust bowl, I'll just preppin' for the cereal. :grass::guns:

Deadass, this is the biggest thread I've ever made. My threads usually got like 2 views :D

The EtHer Oh shit, I get where you're coming from now. I was going for PCing himself, as for like piecing himself into a PC (it's a made up verb, Dr. Seuss gets praise, I can't?), for the reason I explained earlier. PC to Mac = God to Human. But I def get that a reference isn't just good enough, that shit was definitely stretched hardcore. It just requires some fuckin imagination alright. It definitely doesn't go both ways tho, I feel u now.

It funny to think that D Pryde is like the most successful thing to come from this website, if the whole Wiz Khalifa shit wasn't true.

Check List

More Correspondent Formatting
More Creative Concepts (Avoid Dad Humor)
More Cohesive Slant Rhymes/Less Slant Rhymes
More Cohesive Multies
Multiple-Perspective Wordplay
More Accessible Concept Execution
Less Experimental Structure

;)

ILLoKWENT
05-23-2016, 11:45 PM
Check List

More Correspondent Formatting
More Creative Concepts (Avoid Dad Humor)
More Cohesive Slant Rhymes/Less Slant Rhymes
More Cohesive Multies
Multiple-Perspective Wordplay
More Accessible Concept Execution
Less Experimental Structure

;)

you forgot to add minimize bitching to i.m. or less..

S A L T
05-23-2016, 11:56 PM
you forgot to add minimize bitching to i.m. or less..

This shit's just as much boredom as it is bitchin don't act like this forum got more going on