PDA

View Full Version : Define 'Vet'

Rain Matrix 1
05-15-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm from 2007 so up until now I've only looked at the older niggas as vets. But besides me and uneth , there isn't any left

I think ima loosen my definition of it to niggas who've been here since atleast 2012. Plus their lyrical prowess

I guess there's a formula to it

Lyrical prowess + time spent on the site + forum presence and/or the impact they've made

Obviously if u make an account in 2010, never battled and don't sign on until now... U ain't a vet. Likewise if your from another site, u make an account today and your sick with it... Your still not a Lb vet

That's what I think anyway ... Since ima champ and one of the oldest members , id put my opinion above most . like it or not

Niggas don't know Lb's history but claim the site is still excelling , they don't know the past members but claim Row is a great. They'll vote against me for a verse full of decade-old punchlines, and that same nigga will brag about the victory. An opinion is only as good as the nigga giving it

Row
05-15-2016, 05:45 PM
lol who claimed i was great? you're boosting. even i know i need work.

but a vet imo is a term that should only be used in relation to the present. meaning, if someone is considered a vet, they have to be active. past vets arent still vets, they were vets. But a vet someone who's engaged in a lot of battles and won majority of them and continues to bring something menacing to the table, making people feel some sort of intimidation when facing em. someone whos willing to give almost anyone, no matter good or bad, the time of day to re-establish why they are considered vets among others.

P.S. you're not a vet, but imo.

Rain Matrix 1
05-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Nah were not on the same page. A vet is timeless. If you see a 70 year old man from Vietnam, what are they? A veteran. Here It's basiclly an experienced member

They need sufficient time on here. When they've seen it all and done it all , they're a vet

It's a respect thing. If yaris, shelllz, olde english, illimit, topnotch, mahvulus, ateleron , etc logged on right now... It wouldn't matter if the last time we talked we were beefing, id show respect

I don't really consider too many people on here vets tbh. Uneth is one, so is celcius', bonesrecordz, papi (Rican?)

youre not there yet

Row
05-15-2016, 06:00 PM
you have a point, but that term is kinda relative ,

those people u mentioned i do not consider vets because imo there bars n shit was shit. they could of been dope back then, but definetly not now.

the term "veteran" in war and in battle rap is completely different. veteran in war is any person who has been expierenced in a certain area for a long period. with your reasoning, SPLENDID & Mokane are vets,

Veteran in battle rap not only looks at experience but has skill and accomplishments too

Rain Matrix 1
05-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Lol their bars were shit? The bars u posted vs me were played af. They wouldn't even pass back then

And I'm not a vet? What are u basing that off? Me being 4 years rusty right now? Back when I won this title I was top 3 ...had to beat a grand champion for a lesser title hah

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Accomplishments lol ... Back then we didn't have 10 championships given out a year

We only had the grand championship and you had mad competition for it. I won the 2nd tag team championship, and that was in 2011 nigga .. Before that there was nothing

Now everybody has a championship, it's commonplace. Throw a bunch of wack niggas in a tournament and give the winner a title

Row
05-15-2016, 06:14 PM
lol i can find 3 people who can say your bars were played. but can you find 3 right now who can say mine were played over yours? #behumble

no one here gives a fuck bout back then, shit aint the same as it was when dudes w/ low IQ put you in their top three. New era nigga #welcometoLB

ILLoKWENT
05-15-2016, 06:15 PM
a vet is someone who put in a good amount of time on a particular site, in terms of voting, battling, forum presence, regardless of skill level.. you can be a vet at text/audio battling in general. but it obviously differs on your status , from site to site..

Rain Matrix 1
05-15-2016, 06:20 PM
Hey row I gotta ask. How did u come up with your style

Seems like u got it from us. Lol ... Show respect to the niggas that was doing it first

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

It's hard to claim to be better than a nigga when u stole his style lol

Ur a mimic bro

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

10 bucks says u don't even know the origins of your style

Ask the other new fish , maybe you'll stumble upon something nigga

Row
05-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Hey row I gotta ask. How did u come up with your style

Seems like u got it from us. Lol ... Show respect to the niggas that was doing it first

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

It's hard to claim to be better than a nigga when u stole his style lol

Ur a mimic bro

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

10 bucks says u don't even know the origins of your style

Ask the other new fish , maybe you'll stumble upon something nigga

us? lmao , nothing i got is from you.

its MY style , lol

Rain Matrix 1
05-15-2016, 06:38 PM
What am I being, trolled? im not playing your kid games

If u wanna talk shit I can make a trip to Waterloo. Address up

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Or pussy out

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Damn you're actually right next to Sarnia ima go check out their beaches after I'm done kicking ur ass

I'm not going out there for nothing so ima want names n shit too

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Row start doing some push ups little nigga

Row
05-15-2016, 06:39 PM
"I'll Make a Gun 'Pop' Like a CAN Of SODA !!!! " lol no one sayin you a vet with them wack bars son loool

tell u what, you can have a chance of redeeming yourself by sending a 16

Rain Matrix 1
05-15-2016, 07:02 PM
Nah the battles over nigga let's finish this offline

Name & address

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Waterloo is close to Owen sound area , I met a girl from there on the grey hound bus .... I fucked her all the way to Edmonton hah maybe I'll call her up

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

No seriously it'll be just like ufc

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

No my word I was planning a trip to Sarnia anyway , it's on the way there

It actually fits perfect aslong as your not a coward

I haven't been in a fight in 3 months bro , we scrapped for like 5 minutes . I ended up choking him out in his home .. Went to fix myself a drink in his kitchen , i was thirsty af .... and he hit me with a chair lol didn't really hurt but I had a fat bruise on my arm

We're friends again now tho ... Was suppose to go fishing with him today but the weather is shit

Seriously tho, name & address

Row
05-15-2016, 08:45 PM
you're beggin hoe , u just tryna see how a well groomed nigga looks like so u can change yur scrub ass self and get real chicks,

aha you know you washed up with garbage bars so of course youd try to take it offline, i see you

EtH
05-15-2016, 09:02 PM
Row is part of this generation that convinced themselves that they are dope and the old verses suck. Really, these days, LB is so heavily influenced by this idea that text bars have to be "complex" so they write 5000 stupid references to the one punch in a line that takes up 3 lines.

Right now, or at least a few months ago, the only guy I could say that was actually dope from the site is Indica. Lockhart was also pretty good when he really worked at it. The rest of you could NEVER use your bars in a live battle, and that's the point. I don't want to read a fucking glossary or have to go back on the line to figure out the punch. To hit, that shit has to be delivered the second the line ends.

Essentially, being a vet all comes down to the real "name value". It's always been a very broad term but when we were youngsters we felt it was some elite group we wanted to be in one day. Guys like Row and Lockhart are vets since they are known in "the fold". That's really all it comes down to. Guys like Jason and Huey were vets in their first couple of months on the site. It's mostly about time but someone like MaCc is far from a vet. A guy like Celsius was kind of fringe forever and never crossed over.

Rain Matrix 1
05-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Word , a bunch of wack niggas convinced each other they were dope. Idk what's up with their strung out wordplays n punchlines , not only is it terrible but it's boring AF. No wonder the sites dead i dont even wanna read these niggas verses. O_G got a sick style i cant hate on that guy

N lol Row backing down. N for the record , a bunch of nonames and wack niggas were the voters. U definitely got me in flow n swag , but the punchlines were rubbish . 2006 shit, like... Your punchlines were before MY time ffs. I havent battled seriously in over 4 years. So idk why your so proud of yourself lol

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

You beat me in something less than 50 people do worldwide

Let that sink in

ILLicitt
05-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Everyone in this thread would shit on you Rain.

That's what a vet is.

Rain Matrix 1
05-16-2016, 01:09 PM
Are u my hater or rows dickryder

It's 1 or the other really

ILLicitt
05-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Honestly though, there is a major disconnect between the older heads and the newer heads. It's widely known that a lot of the older heads only come around when a tournament pops off or every once n a while and act like it's just blasphemous to vote against them. And they act like it's written somewhere that they just HAVE to win every battle they're in because they have some titles or some history behind their name.

Then you have the newer heads who feel like the older heads are grandpa's and their style is old and outdated. And they feel like since they've stuck around and kept the sight running while the others ghosted they deserve respect no matter what the actual text looks like (caps and quotes n all that)

Realistically, without the older heads to mold the styles and structures we use today we wouldn't be as good as we are. They gave us a foundation. But......at the same time, the older heads have to realize that times change and things evolve. The style of battles have evolved whether they like it or not. And rather than talk shit and talk down on us it would be better to just learn and adapt with the times.

And if me stating the obvious means I'm a dick rider then you obviously need help defining what a dick is too. You don't seem to have one...or any balls for that matter. You're 4-3 fam. And the only title you have, you have because of someone else lol

Rain Matrix 1
05-16-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm 4-3 on this account. Overall my record is probably 150-30

& lol u blocked me cuz I voted against u. Soft

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Thanks for the crew invite tho hah that shit ain't getting accepted

ILLicitt
05-16-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm 161-67. So kudos on winning more battles than you've lost. It's not that hard to do. And I blocked you for an entirely different reason other than votes.

And tbh I didn't mean to invite you I was trying to click something else. I was a leader and had you in my crew before. Wasn't all that spectacular.

Row
05-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the crew invite tho hah that shit ain't getting accepted

sorry but loool

Lockhart
05-16-2016, 08:30 PM
S/O to EtH for recognizing

Esso
05-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Lmao @ Dante always talking some shit to someone.

U can put in work forever and still never be a vet cuz u aint good enough. U can be ahead of the curve and earn it at an accelerated rate. U can come from elsewhere and prove yourself to be one. Co-signing whoever mentioned 'they gotta be active'...U cant just be a get off my lawn ass mufucker who does nothing but point out the site 'Aint what it used to be' and keep that status....thats just a has been.

Bleu
05-16-2016, 11:23 PM
Any old head that was decent is a vet to me.. they don't have to be active. They already put in their work to earn that status. It's like the hall of fame just to a lesser extent

EtH
05-17-2016, 12:05 AM
S/O to EtH for recognizing

You're still a faggot though.

Rain Matrix 1, I honestly couldn't tell you if Row's a solid battler or not. Really, I see very few who are. It's always so convoluted and all over the place. No one has a clean delivery to the shit they write.

And on the "definition of a vet" thing. Here's two names; Student and Lizman. In battling skills, they're barely any different. Student's will at least make sense but after 10 years the lad barely has a grasp of multis. Lizman's verses are ridiculous and are the stupidest things ever. But Student is a vet and Lizman isn't.

That's just down to knowledge of the site, communication and work put in and everything. I don't think I even remember Mindless ever dropping anything but he'd be in that category too.

Basically, anyone who held respect from the respected. They didn't even have to be that good as a battler.

ILLoKWENT
05-17-2016, 12:19 AM
i think eth is a great vet.;)

CakedOut
05-17-2016, 12:36 PM
a vet is someone who put in a good amount of time on a particular site, in terms of voting, battling, forum presence, regardless of skill level.. you can be a vet at text/audio battling in general. but it obviously differs on your status , from site to site..

You don't need forum presence to be a vet and skill levels decide if you are 1, if you've been a member for over 3 yrs and still rap like a rookie, taking more l's than w's, your not a vet

EtH
05-17-2016, 02:47 PM
taking more l's than w's, your not a vet

Furthermore, if you say a sentence like the above, you are not a vet.

Rain Matrix 1
05-17-2016, 03:25 PM
You don't need forum presence to be a vet and skill levels decide if you are 1, if you've been a member for over 3 yrs and still rap like a rookie, taking more l's than w's, your not a vet

Lol wins mean nothing. If u battle real talk a hundred times you're going to lose a hundred times. It doesn't mean ur wack

Likewise, Sniping wack niggas doesn't make u a vet

Andi notoced if their opponent has any skill, most niggas wanna go second

Telling me to "Send beef" ..nigga I always go first , man the fuck up

DooX
05-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Update: nvm just read profile comment

I agree with you 100% Eth. Sometimes the verses get so complex it really makes me just not want to re read it but I always do until I actually get it, and by that time Ive read it so many times the most I can utter out is "oh ok, I got it" cuz its been such a buzzkill getting stuck on 1-2 bars and another thing is: I dont remember which battle exactly, I think it may have been a tourny one But one went hard at his opponent with references and punches, but the other emcee just made so much comical shit and had me cracking up constantly that it completely overshadowed the other opponents verse for me personally . So what Im saying is I guess battle votes arent so black and white as some people make it out to be. I still re read some of the epic battles by unknown, Rule, real talk and daddio and its still plainly understandable for me, so there isnt a point in making it too complex that people dont get it. Some complexity is needed to make it stand out though

Rican
05-19-2016, 06:19 PM
why not make a list