PDA

View Full Version : Is the UFC fake?

Rant
11-25-2015, 12:24 PM
I know how I feel about this personally, but, I wondered how you guys all felt about this stance.

So, what do you guys think? Is the UFC a work? Discuss why, or why not.

Some people who might have fun with this thread. Mindless PeacefulW4RRIOR Master Masai Nocky

Subreal
11-25-2015, 01:06 PM
No. This thread is stupid, there is no debate. Is the NFL,NBA,MLB, and Boxing fake? Stupid.

Rant
11-25-2015, 01:28 PM
No. This thread is stupid, there is no debate. Is the NFL,NBA,MLB, and Boxing fake? Stupid.

Boxing is a poor example for your argument. It's a known fact that boxing matches were rigged for decades. Lol.

Mindless
11-25-2015, 10:23 PM
I love how defensive MMA bros get when you even so much as imply their beloved "sport" might be a work. I hate to break it to you but it is. Dana White isn't fucking stupid. He knows how to make money.

Shodan
11-25-2015, 10:59 PM
rigged =/= kayfabe

Just saying. Plenty of baseball matches have been rigged; that doesn't imply that all MLB games are staged for entertainment.

Subreal
11-25-2015, 11:05 PM
I love how defensive MMA bros get when you even so much as imply their beloved "sport" might be a work. I hate to break it to you but it is. Dana White isn't fucking stupid. He knows how to make money.

I don't even watch MMA a lot, but it isn't fake. You are retarded if you think uncapped betting would be allowed on any sport that is rigged and predetermined. U are just trying to be a cool 15 yr old rebel conspiracy theorists. So MMA is all fake and predetermined but not one fighter has ever said that? Rigging certain fights, and the whole organization being fake isn't the same thing, dumbass.

Rant
11-25-2015, 11:18 PM
I don't even watch MMA a lot, but it isn't fake. You are retarded if you think uncapped betting would be allowed on any sport that is rigged and predetermined. U are just trying to be a cool 15 yr old rebel conspiracy theorists. So MMA is all fake and predetermined but not one fighter has ever said that? Rigging certain fights, and the whole organization being fake isn't the same thing, dumbass.

There was a time once, before kayfabe was made apparent to the public, in which professional wrestling was held in the same regard as UFC.

Subreal
11-25-2015, 11:19 PM
There was a time once, before kayfabe was made apparent to the public, in which professional wrestling was held in the same regard as UFC.

WWE has known to been fake since 1989, in order to avoid paying taxes to athletic commissions. It is not an athletic organization, it is an enertainment. The UFC pays athletic taxes and is an actual athletic organization

Shodan
11-25-2015, 11:22 PM
WWE has known to been fake since 1989, in order to avoid paying taxes to athletic commissions. It is not an athletic organization, it is an enertainment. The UFC pays athletic taxes and is an actual athletic organization

lmfao, this dumbass thinks that the WWE invented professional wrestling

please stop wasting my precious oxygen

Subreal
11-25-2015, 11:24 PM
lmfao, this dumbass thinks that the WWE invented professional wrestling

please stop wasting my precious oxygen

Please point out where I even used the word "wrestling". Oh i didn't, I solely mentioned the WWE. Try again u fucking degenerate.

Shodan
11-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Please point out where I even used the word "wrestling". Oh i didn't, I solely mentioned the WWE. Try again u fucking degenerate.

Professional wrestling was hugely popular for decades before the WWE and maintained kayfabe almost perfectly for that entire span of time. The UFC could be in the former nascent stage right now, where the entire thing is a work.

I'm not definitively stating that to be true, just re-stating Rant's thesis in a way that you might comprehend.

Subreal
11-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Professional wrestling was hugely popular for decades before the WWE and maintained kayfabe almost perfectly for that entire span of time. The UFC could be in the former nascent stage right now, where the entire thing is a work.

I'm not definitively stating that to be true, just re-stating Rant's thesis in a way that you might comprehend.

The wrestling that was in the olympics was not "kayfabe", it was real. Stop being nerdy consiracy theorists and post sources or gtfo.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Do you people not understand that wrestling is an actual sport and came before the WWE? Wrestling has been in the olympics since forever. Been cut out for awhile, but reinstated for 2020. ACTUAL wrestling. WWE is an entertainment company based on wrestling. So to say UFC could be in the same position as professional wrestling once was is completely moronic, since the wrestling you are speaking of is not kayfabe. It is ancient and has been in the olympics forever.

Mindless
11-25-2015, 11:50 PM
If you think pro wrestling has anything to do with Greco-Roman wrestling Sub you're insane or completely ignorant of pro-wrestling's history. Pro-wrestling comes from catch wrestling and traveling carnival strongman shows. The two have nothing to do with each other besides being called wrestling and the fact that sometimes collegiate and olympic wrestlers will come into pro wrestling. Catch was taking place in the 1800s and before and got really popular during the early 1900s.

Rant
11-26-2015, 12:59 AM
If you think pro wrestling has anything to do with Greco-Roman wrestling Sub you're insane or completely ignorant of pro-wrestling's history. Pro-wrestling comes from catch wrestling and traveling carnival strongman shows. The two have nothing to do with each other besides being called wrestling and the fact that sometimes collegiate and olympic wrestlers will come into pro wrestling. Catch was taking place in the 1800s and before and got really popular during the early 1900s.

This is actually false. The catch-as-catch-can style that became popular in Europe throughout the late 1800's, and early 1900's originated from greco-roman style as a freestyle variant. So, while it may be a small factor in its foundation, greco-roman style wrestling was important in the formation of what we now consider to be professional wrestling.

ILLoKWENT
11-26-2015, 01:27 AM
any sport/event can be rigged.. we as consumers will never really know unless were in on it.. as far as your initial question if UFC is fake.be specific.. fake in what sense. the outcomes?or the actual hits and damage that gets done?

AfterLife
11-26-2015, 03:16 AM
comeon man , even WWE is real .
How can naked men fighting be fake ?

Rant
11-26-2015, 09:48 AM
any sport/event can be rigged.. we as consumers will never really know unless were in on it.. as far as your initial question if UFC is fake.be specific.. fake in what sense. the outcomes?or the actual hits and damage that gets done?

In this specific case, the outcomes.

ILLoKWENT
11-26-2015, 01:03 PM
In this specific case, the outcomes. we will never know.

Manhattan
11-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Illuminati

Snoopy316
12-09-2015, 03:42 PM
If you think WWE is real then yes UFC is fake. It's all about how U define the terminology.

Student
12-09-2015, 04:38 PM
I don't think it's fake per-say but there's always favoritism in sports be it people getting better match opportunities, get judged not as harshly, etc.

Thug Killaa
02-10-2017, 03:54 AM
UFC isn't fake, MMA matches can be rigged though where certain fighters take a dive for extra money.

Wwe is fake, in most of their matches you can see their punches don't even connect.

Although after the debut of Conor, UFC is becoming like WWE though

Phe
02-10-2017, 04:39 AM
Wwe is meant for mainly entertainment.. Although most of it is fake some shit aint.. Like the slams and some injures.. Let me see one of yall do a swanton bomb off a ladder on to someone thats laying on a weak ass table.. That shit hurts..

Rant
02-10-2017, 05:06 AM
roh with the necro bump.

Let's bring the topic back: Is UFC a work?

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Side note: Never forget that professional wrestling(during its earliest inceptions) was also a real athletic competition.

Thug Killaa
02-10-2017, 05:29 AM
There's a difference between being rigged and being fake

UFC is real but can be rigged. Not just UFC but MMA in general.
Wwe is fake so there are no chances of rigging

UFC is real, the punches that are thrown, the kicks that are landed... it's all real
Wwe- the punches just rub off of the other persons head and never really land

UFC isn't a work, just look at Lawler vs McDonald or Jones vs Rua

#TeamJonesForLife

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Cain vs Bigfoot Silva
Jones vs Gustafsson
Any JOE LAUZON or Diego Sanchez fight (especially vs Clay guida)

It's all real. The punches and kicks land accurately and don't just "brush off" the other persons head or body.

The fights are definitely real. The drama can be staged tho, like the water bottle incident between Conor Mcgregor and Nate Diaz or the backstage brawls between Khabib and Conor

Nicholas
02-10-2017, 07:01 AM
This is ridiculous but I'm sure you knew that. If UFC was fake then we would see a whole load of different results. You think Nunes would of beat Ronda if UFC was fake? When they just spent forever marketing Ronda.

Minge McMahon to thread.

Thug Killaa
02-10-2017, 08:00 AM
lol I can actually beat Eth in any MMA related to argument

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

I'm actually a writer for this website and my predictions are always true

Like for this example:- predicted it down to a tee with logical explanations too

https://totalsports.com.au/ufc/diaz-vs-mcgregor-ufc-202-review/

EtH
02-10-2017, 08:05 AM
There have been works in mixed martial arts, some of them being admitted to by fighters in Pride. Remember, mixed martial arts comes more so from professional wrestling than it does from Bloodsport. The first mixed martial arts promotion that we have (minus one off vale tudo events) was Pancrase. Pancrase was set up by professional wrestlers, including Ken Shamrock, who wanted to prove to "elders" that a 'shoot' could be a draw.

That being said, I don't believe there has ever been a "work" in the UFC. I also don't believe something like Kimbo Vs Shamrock was a work either, just based on the type of action we saw in the fight. I have yet to see Tito Ortiz Vs Chael Sonnen, but based off of the character of both men I wouldn't put it past them. I'd only disagree with it being a work in regards to the fact that Ortiz was retiring after the fight, and it makes more sense promotionally for the company to want the guy continuing fighting (and likely headlining against Wanderlei Silva some point in the near future) to get the rub.

Mindless
02-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Ever notice nobody ever just straight up breaks somebody else's arm with a kimora? It's because they're working...

EtH
02-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Ever notice nobody ever just straight up breaks somebody else's arm with a kimora? It's because they're working...

Kimura*

And someone in work the other day tried to tell me that Brock Lesnar actually broke Triple H's arm with a kimura. It amuses me considering Brock Lesnar probably doesn't even know how to do a fucking kimura haha.

Mindless
02-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Kimura*

And someone in work the other day tried to tell me that Brock Lesnar actually broke Triple H's arm with a kimura. It amuses me considering Brock Lesnar probably doesn't even know how to do a fucking kimura haha.

It was kayfabe.

Brock Lesnar breaks HHH's arm! WWE RAW 4/30/12 - YouTube

EtH
02-10-2017, 09:05 AM
It was kayfabe.

Brock Lesnar breaks HHH's arm! WWE RAW 4/30/12 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SnoSL9xofY)

I'm aware haha.

For an example, here's what a broken arm from kimura looks like.

http://media.giphy.com/media/Hqu7Emkvfg2Tm/giphy.gif

Rant
02-10-2017, 11:14 AM
There's a difference between being rigged and being fake

UFC is real but can be rigged. Not just UFC but MMA in general.
Wwe is fake so there are no chances of rigging

UFC is real, the punches that are thrown, the kicks that are landed... it's all real
Wwe- the punches just rub off of the other persons head and never really land

UFC isn't a work, just look at Lawler vs McDonald or Jones vs Rua

#TeamJonesForLife

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Cain vs Bigfoot Silva
Jones vs Gustafsson
Any JOE LAUZON or Diego Sanchez fight (especially vs Clay guida)

It's all real. The punches and kicks land accurately and don't just "brush off" the other persons head or body.

The fights are definitely real. The drama can be staged tho, like the water bottle incident between Conor Mcgregor and Nate Diaz or the backstage brawls between Khabib and Conor

It should be noted that I'm not talking about the fights themselves. I'm talking about the booking, pre-fight banter, and the outcomes. So, the WHOLE of the UFC, not simply the martial arts.

Side note; You can be in a shoot, but still be working. If that makes sense to you. What I mean by this, is that you could be legitimately fighting, but, not fighting with the intent of serious injury. Or with the intent to go full boar.

Subreal
02-10-2017, 11:22 PM
UFC isn't fake, that's why you can bet real money online for it uncapped on basically any fights. The only time you can bet on wrestling (because it is fake) is on big things like wrestlemania and there is like a $50-200$ cap, it is just promotional to try to get you to bet on sports. That should give you your answer.

Supsie
02-10-2017, 11:35 PM
some matches are properly set up with the winner already planned... idk if its all fake but its fucking gay.