PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to gain exposure for music.

lllllllllllll
10-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Any ideas LB? I'm working hella hard to get out there but i need more ideas lol. Gotta build on Izzy Reef until im trending. I can make the music, but wheere do i promo and who do i talk to.

Subreal
10-15-2015, 02:13 PM
buy soundcloud plays/retweets/followers. lol

Send demos to labels, etc

Student
10-15-2015, 02:32 PM
1. Decide on 1 name and don't change it lol (JumpmanFendi, Punk, Izzy Reef, etc. etc. etc.)
2. Upload all your music to Soundcloud
3. Use social media actively and build / engage with your fan base (Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
4. Talk to Godbody
5. Keep the music above everything

The Ghost of Freak
10-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Punk ... 1. I got to agree with Student on sticking with a name... I personally like Punk, but also got a bias ... Izzy Reef isn't bad either.

2. Another music video with some nice camera work of you rapping in epic New York places, and adding some unexpected elements, effects, costumes, etc.... might be real attention grabbing. (I'm thinking JayZ's Empire State of Mind, Lil Dickey, Das Antwoord, etc... get creative, but also represent your place)

3. Make your lyrics more narrative based, of course Maria did that pretty well, but I'm thinking you should be pushing the envelope on that one ... I felt the wolf song showed off your delivery and rhyming talent, but you need a few songs that have even clearer of a narrative

lllllllllllll
10-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Im sticking with Izzy Reef lol

The Ghost of Freak
10-15-2015, 02:50 PM
Punk ... I think that Izzy Reef works well. More mass appeal potential. Just thought I'd chip in my 2 cents as a LBer that has listened to a good bit of your work.

I stand by my other suggestions as attention grabbers.

Student
10-15-2015, 02:56 PM
For god's sake don't do costumes, shit is mad corny. You don't need props but I agree more music videos wouldn't hurt. That Wolf Song animation was on point 100 though so don't limit yourself to just filming a standard music video but I think you're already creative enough on that front tbh maybe just up the usage of social media when you can, everyone's on it so it can only help you.

If Slim Jesus can make a trap song with fake guns and get 15 seconds of fame, your music catalog should get you several deals, I guess just be persistent, your time will come just be ready when it does (Said every motivational speech ever)

RULE
10-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Make a good music video + Use a beat sampling a big trend + share share share = A good start.

1/

Student
10-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Make a good music video + Use a beat sampling a big trend + share share share = A good start.

1/

This. Using a current beat or sampling current beats into something original that way people instantly recognize the song but then they're like "wait this isn't J Cole but this is dope, who is this? *Texts their friend Steve* "Bruh get this song out, Izzy Reef killed this beat" "Who's Izzy Reef?" "Peep the song hombre" *Listens* "Hell yeah I'mma promote this"....

Something like that.

Subreal
10-15-2015, 03:11 PM
For god's sake don't do costumes, shit is mad corny. You don't need props but I agree more music videos wouldn't hurt. That Wolf Song animation was on point 100 though so don't limit yourself to just filming a standard music video but I think you're already creative enough on that front tbh maybe just up the usage of social media when you can, everyone's on it so it can only help you.

If Slim Jesus can make a trap song with fake guns and get 15 seconds of fame, your music catalog should get you several deals, I guess just be persistent, your time will come just be ready when it does (Said every motivational speech ever)

Bringing slim jesus into this is just dumb. completely different things. Slim jesus got 15 seconds of fame because he is a skinny white kid that looks like cailou rapping about gangbanging and shit. thats infamy, not talent.

Student
10-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Bringing slim jesus into this is just dumb. completely different things. Slim jesus got 15 seconds of fame because he is a skinny white kid that looks like cailou rapping about gangbanging and shit. thats infamy, not talent.

I only brought him up because Free-K mentioned props and I remembered the fake :guns: in the video lmao