PDA

View Full Version : Poll: what "killed" LB?

Celsius
09-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Your thoughts[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Rican
09-20-2015, 11:51 PM
Activity

Bleu
09-20-2015, 11:57 PM
the community as a whole lacking progressive mindedness

Shodan
09-21-2015, 12:06 AM
Activity

This is obviously true, but it doesn't answer anything important. The question that needs to be answered is "why is there less activity now?"

Rant
09-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Bnas.

Shodan
09-21-2015, 02:09 AM
Bnas being banned.

ftfy

Rant
09-21-2015, 02:23 AM
False.

Subreal
09-21-2015, 03:28 AM
Facebook.

KingBankstou
09-21-2015, 05:49 AM
they dont battle rap they jibber jab they say they got lyrics but them shits is wack u smell what im shitting at?

V3numb
09-21-2015, 01:01 PM
evolution..

RULE
09-21-2015, 01:19 PM
RULE murdddddda'in everyone.

Rican
09-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Facebook rap battles ?

Óðinn
09-21-2015, 01:44 PM
The members of the site....participation, etc.

oSo Slick
09-21-2015, 04:37 PM
In my opinion nobody wanting to come over to the audio side and evolve their skills onto a microphone. Isn't that what battle rap is? I understand you like to text battle, and it definitely helps you develop more of a pen game...but that's it. It's time to take those training wheels off, and rap. (no diss to those who do both)
&also, what? nobody wants to evolve from their garbage freestyles, & spend time on a well constructed written verse to help develop their pen game. Instead they just continue to drop battles nobody in their right mind wants to listen to, because it's the same shit every time.
I think having more events such as the rookie vs vets would be a good start, but instead make something like a 'battle night vol 1' or something each month, even have a few separate events each month, maybe 1 for audio written, 1 for freestyles, 1 for text. The LBA, and LBT is a good example, but perhaps give out a prize, even if it's like $20 to the winner to perhaps boost the amount of sign-ups.
Also the beef needs to be stepped up....
I think if you get called out to battle somebody (unless you've already battled them)
If you decline to battle them, you should get a small title next to your name for a month. (ex: OsO Slick - 'Has no bars') or something of that matter.
I dunno these are just some of the things i think about, i just haven't been battling on here because everyone has battled each other already. Aside from the people who just talk shit, but won't battle you. rip lb

Student
09-21-2015, 06:30 PM
A lack of modern layout, new yearly or quarterly stable versions, optimization onto HTML5 since it's release, having only 1 coder sporadically fix problems and generally not engaging with your members are the main problems imo.

FlyHipHop had potential, it was scraped and since then we've been gradually on a decline since 2010.

Solution? Modern HTML5 / vBulletin5 Layout, blog centered homepage (via Letsbeefmag.com), updated audio player / recorder, new arenas, allow trolling, etc.

Edit: Live Battling (With a platform like TinyChat minus all the bullshit).

Subreal
09-21-2015, 06:48 PM
In my opinion nobody wanting to come over to the audio side and evolve their skills onto a microphone. Isn't that what battle rap is? I understand you like to text battle, and it definitely helps you develop more of a pen game...but that's it. It's time to take those training wheels off, and rap. (no diss to those who do both)
&also, what? nobody wants to evolve from their garbage freestyles, & spend time on a well constructed written verse to help develop their pen game. Instead they just continue to drop battles nobody in their right mind wants to listen to, because it's the same shit every time.
I think having more events such as the rookie vs vets would be a good start, but instead make something like a 'battle night vol 1' or something each month, even have a few separate events each month, maybe 1 for audio written, 1 for freestyles, 1 for text. The LBA, and LBT is a good example, but perhaps give out a prize, even if it's like $20 to the winner to perhaps boost the amount of sign-ups.
Also the beef needs to be stepped up....
I think if you get called out to battle somebody (unless you've already battled them)
If you decline to battle them, you should get a small title next to your name for a month. (ex: OsO Slick - 'Has no bars') or something of that matter.
I dunno these are just some of the things i think about, i just haven't been battling on here because everyone has battled each other already. Aside of the people who just talk shit, but won't battle you. rip lb

Truest words you've ever spoken. - (ex: OsO Slick - 'Has no bars')

oSo Slick
09-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Aside from the people who just talk shit, but won't battle you. rip lb

KingBankstou
09-22-2015, 02:04 PM
RULE murdddddda'in everyone.

lmao this might be a top 4 reason lol.

FreezyCT
09-23-2015, 05:47 AM
eloh and this battling movement..no offense but no one here cares, were not your target market my nig..this place has turned into a cheerleading exhibit for the 3 live battlers on the site

izayamoorman
09-23-2015, 07:01 AM
AC's..

That was a joke btw.

But fr tho, the site became glitchy asf, and the new voting system sucks, ever since changes started being made to the site from its original stature the site went to dookey.

...Also, the HOFrs got old and retired and we all miss them when the only valid excuse for that is they got Writer's Block, but they've been MIA for years so that ain't even it, so what is it?

COME TF BACK and GET LB BACK WORKING PROPERLY AGAIN BACK TO HOW IT USED TO BE Pleeeaassseee!!!

-that is my request to all the Staff.

Edit: Pleeeaassseee!!!