PDA

View Full Version : www.LetsBeefMag.com IS (Beta) LAUNCHED!

Mindless
08-13-2015, 09:26 PM
We're up and ready to go for the most part. It's now just a matter of getting LB's writers and graphic designers over there and doing their thing. There is still some work to be done but as far being in beta and getting things rolling we're pretty much ready to go here.

While we're sorting out who's going to contribute writing and graphics or whatever else they feel like they can add here's what I'm going to be doing.

1. Adding categories for the battle leagues.
2. Looking into a way to create profile pages for battlers and artists w/o having to actually manually create pages to do it. Probably some kind of template system.
3. Getting graphics together for the post types to use as featured images.
4. Organizing past LB Magazine issues and figuring out how exactly I want to port them over formatting wise as well as making sure the original authors are properly attributed.
5. Other categories for the News section based on the types of topics most likely to come up.

If you guys have suggestions for things you'd like to see I'm happy to hear them out. Keep in mind that I'm not a programmer though and if there isn't already a plugin for something I'm probably not going to be able to do it.

So go sign up. Try and break stuff. You'll get subscriber accounts at first that will only allow you to comment but I'll change you to author or contributor or something if you want to contribute to the site, but not until you have something to contribute.

Http://www.letsbeefmag.com

Shodan
08-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Solicit me to write whenever. I'm not perfect, but my article-writing skills are pretty good, and I can manage a throughput of several thousand words a day if needed.

Rant
08-13-2015, 10:06 PM
>posts beta launch thread

>doesn't include link

Shodan
08-13-2015, 10:15 PM
^ it's... it's in the title

Rant
08-13-2015, 10:24 PM
No it isn't.

Mindless
08-13-2015, 10:36 PM
But....it is in the title.

Rant
08-13-2015, 11:32 PM
That's weird, all I see is the color orange.

Rican
08-14-2015, 12:12 AM
that would be nice to write profiles.

Babylon
08-14-2015, 12:31 AM
needs more hentai

Mindless
08-14-2015, 01:40 AM
that would be nice to write profiles.

We can arrange that. Let me figure out how I'm going to set that up and then we'll get that going.

Godbody
08-14-2015, 09:26 AM
how you gonna make a thread n not include the link? so now i gotta copy and paste it to the URL bar or type it up myself?

thats an extra step too many fam

OSKAR
08-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I uploaded couple pics to the gallery...format needs some work though

Mindless
08-14-2015, 12:04 PM
I uploaded couple pics to the gallery...format needs some work though

Probably should have made albums there bud. That's why it's not organized. Gotta double check but I'm sure you have the ability to create them. If not I'll give it to you now.

Babylon
08-14-2015, 01:09 PM
NEEDS MORE HENTAI

OSKAR
08-14-2015, 01:13 PM
It had an option to create a new one or add it to a preexisting one (in my case an album called live events)..

Godbody
08-14-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm starting to feel like an entire separate website is too much. It'd make sense if LB had an insane userbase and for bandwidth purposes...we don't though, and the activity is so little here we'd probably have 3-4 paragraphs every magazine unless you guys wanna publish a shitload of fluff and filler, which is just retarded. because at that point you're just living out this fantasy of being some kind of rap battle blogger except you don't have the content or the audience

idk man. i have bad feels about this bro

Pugz
08-14-2015, 02:00 PM
its looking good Mindless

Mindless
08-14-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm starting to feel like an entire separate website is too much. It'd make sense if LB had an insane userbase and for bandwidth purposes...we don't though, and the activity is so little here we'd probably have 3-4 paragraphs every magazine unless you guys wanna publish a shitload of fluff and filler, which is just retarded. because at that point you're just living out this fantasy of being some kind of rap battle blogger except you don't have the content or the audience

idk man. i have bad feels about this bro

The idea is that it doesn't just cover LetsBeef though. It'll cover the live leagues, album reviews, opinion pieces, anything hip hop. Basically, it's what the front page of FHH was supposed to be but not as ugly and better organized. LB battling and tracks and stuff is just one part of the whole thing. This place is dying and w/o some kind of expansion it's going to die. I think there's a slim chance drawing the battle crowd to a news and review site and then showing them our stuff could possible help drive traffic up.

Rant
08-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Needs more Paul Heyman.

Mindless
08-15-2015, 05:01 PM
I put a post up on there about needing contributors. Check it out if you're interested in taking part in the magazine.

http://www.letsbeefmag.com/2015/08/15/lbmag-needs-you-to-contribute/

Shodan
08-15-2015, 05:02 PM
I put a post up on there about needing contributors. Check it out if you're interested in taking part in the magazine.

http://www.letsbeefmag.com/2015/08/15/lbmag-needs-you-to-contribute/

Already sent in my application. I hope your quality standards aren't too high.

Mindless
08-17-2015, 01:36 AM
Shodan Write something up and sent it to me and we'll see about putting you on as an Author for a bit and go from there.

I'm working on trying to figure out how I want to start organizing the leagues and if I want to archive all the battles they've done or just start with the most recent ones as they post them.

Shodan
08-17-2015, 04:50 AM
Shodan Write something up and sent it to me and we'll see about putting you on as an Author for a bit and go from there.

send*

I told you I could do this copyediting stuff, maing.

ice-9
08-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Yo Mindless. Don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but I was wondering why you've set this up as a site? I think the idea is pretty cool (to be honest I've thought it was weird how little discussion of the battle rap world happened on here), and I like that you're trying to find areas to expand/generate activity. But does it need to be separate from this site? It seems to me that you'd have been better off incorporating it into an overhaul of this site (along with some of the other suggestions that have been made with regards to making this place run smoother/busier).

Just my two cents.

Mindless
08-17-2015, 02:45 PM
send*

I told you I could do this copyediting stuff, maing.

Yeah yeah. Forgot about that. It's a cluster fuck in my head with all the shit I got going on. Yeah. We can let you do that I guess.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Yo @Mindless (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=18703). Don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but I was wondering why you've set this up as a site? I think the idea is pretty cool (to be honest I've thought it was weird how little discussion of the battle rap world happened on here), and I like that you're trying to find areas to expand/generate activity. But does it need to be separate from this site? It seems to me that you'd have been better off incorporating it into an overhaul of this site (along with some of the other suggestions that have been made with regards to making this place run smoother/busier).

Just my two cents.

Because nothing gets done around here and less you do it yourself tbh.

Babylon
08-17-2015, 03:03 PM
^that last comment is the truth, let this man work where the ones we expect to might not.

Shodan
08-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Because nothing gets done around here and less you do it yourself tbh.

This is why you need me.

Babylon
08-17-2015, 07:28 PM
^This man has a good point, Mindless. I'd hire him.

Mindless
08-17-2015, 08:13 PM
I gave him editor perms on the site. We'll see how it goes. We still need writers so he has stuff to write.

Shodan I think we're going to do it where articles get scheduled to be posted and you just go through the posts before they go up and fix errors.

ice-9
08-17-2015, 08:41 PM
That's fair enough Mindless. Look forward to seeing it grow!

Mindless
08-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Eloh Stackz and Stricc battles are up on the magazine site. Go check them out there and see what you think of the format.