PDA

View Full Version : Rookies vs Vets: Brutally Honest vs. Bloo!

NOBLE
06-14-2015, 06:23 AM
Please select the winner via the poll. Votes are non-public to simulate the anonymity of tourney votes. Same rules apply: do not vote for yourself or crew mates, etc. If you vote, please leave a comment or your vote may not count. Once the poll closes, results will also adjusted for VP same as the other battles and this is what will ultimately determine the winner.
Brutally Honest
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/210259402&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_ comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;vi sual=true"></iframe>
Bloo
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/210259722&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_ comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;vi sual=true"></iframe>

Illimit
06-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Dying necks was probably my favorite bar in the battle. That said, consistency is key and delivery is crucial, therefore my vote is such.

Mindless
06-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Not sure why this is happening in the forums but all right I guess.

NOBLE
06-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Not sure why this is happening in the forums but all right I guess.

The ones in the forums each had one verse that glitched and wouldn't play in the tourney

Saint Chris
06-14-2015, 03:03 PM
BH had the best verse I've heard so far, period.

Subreal
06-14-2015, 03:05 PM
From a lyrical perspective one had mad filler throughout. The punches for the most part didn't have any setups and at times it was like he was just saying random insults. His only saving grace was his delivery. My winner matched in delivery and his punches were a lot more thought out and he had good setups that made em hit harder..

Brutally Honest
06-14-2015, 03:16 PM
A vote for thorough is a vote for Chet Hanks

Willy Grubz
06-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Both came with some heat, but one had some next level shit.

Illimit
06-14-2015, 03:43 PM
A vote for thorough is a vote for Chet Hanks

Ten Chainz

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Sidenote: this should be about who RAPS BETTER. it's not a text battle. More to it than cramming a bunch of "not-filler" into it. Lol

Subreal
06-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Ten Chainz

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Sidenote: this should be about who RAPS BETTER. it's not a text battle. More to it than cramming a bunch of "not-filler" into it. Lol

This isn't a track competition it is a acapella battle. One had better bars. I don't care if ur flow is crazy if you aren't saying shit with it. The other's delivery wasn't bad enough to warrant just giving the other the win on delivery and flow when one had a more advanced lyrical showing

Danger Rich
06-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Ten Chainz

Thank you ill...been saying this since the text invasion of 2012 to audio...its about rapping...this battle was good...my winner laid it down more raw

AfterThought
06-14-2015, 04:19 PM
I NUTTED ON YO MAMA!!! lmaooo.

The fair's in man, the more entertaining verse got this.

Illimit
06-14-2015, 05:23 PM
This isn't a track competition it is a acapella battle. One had better bars. I don't care if ur flow is crazy if you aren't saying shit with it. The other's delivery wasn't bad enough to warrant just giving the other the win on delivery and flow when one had a more advanced lyrical showing

I guess you are right. I mean, you ARE the king of the Internet battling community. Here's you're cookie. congrats

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Plus think of it this way.. This is basically a live battle but not in person and without cameras and a crowd. And that's no way in hell you're winning a battle live without entertaining the crowd. You can't monotone your way thru that shit. Not to take away from Bloo cause that boy good. But Subreal's logic does not apply. You can have the best vacuum in the world, but if you're sales pitch sucks, they gonna slam the door on your face.

Dean
06-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Thought both dudes were super dope, but my winner made his bars hit harder with the delivery.

Mr-Felon
06-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Votes in

Subreal
06-14-2015, 07:33 PM
I guess you are right. I mean, you ARE the king of the Internet battling community. Here's you're cookie. congrats

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Plus think of it this way.. This is basically a live battle but not in person and without cameras and a crowd. And that's no way in hell you're winning a battle live without entertaining the crowd. You can't monotone your way thru that shit. Not to take away from Bloo cause that boy good. But Subreal's logic does not apply. You can have the best vacuum in the world, but if you're sales pitch sucks, they gonna slam the door on your face.

It's just how i vote, you need the whole package.... While the dude i voted against had a dope delivery and flow his bars were lacking compared to his opponent. The person i voted to win was more rounded. IF my winner had a bad delivery, i would have had to give it to the other guy even though he had better bars. But that wasn't the case, my winner's delivery was solid. Not bad enough to give the dude with delivery/flow/weak bars the win.

Illimit
06-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Nah you can't do that to your opponent man. He was good. Me n sub both got valid points. It's a matter of opinion.

And lol at hip hop, um, not being about, well, entertainment? Hahaha

Brutally Honest
06-14-2015, 09:48 PM
sorry to break it to ya fellas but yellin sub par raps with single syllable rhymes isnt talent

entertainment killed hip hop

Lmfao. You gotta lot of nerve talkin about who killed hip hop. White kids saying nigga when they're rhyming killed hip hop. Jack styles and spitting gun rap bars. Stfu lol. I'm glad my 10 minute rhyme I wrote while taking a shit is taking you to task right now. If you really want to go bar for bar put your $$ where your culture vulture appropriating mouth is. Stop acting so butthurt.

Illimit
06-14-2015, 10:12 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday.
It was late October, 2003. A friend and I went to The Gothic Theatre in South Denver to see Tha Pharcyde. It had been years since they broke up officially, but two members of the group remained and were doing a short north American tour. As they began their set, running through all the classics, I looked around me. In every direction, smiles on the faces of my peers. 500 people jumping up and down to the rhythm of "Ya Mama." I glanced to the left, where some b-boys had started breaking in a circle near by. I looked to the stage and saw the DJ, hands in the air, contrasted by the intricate graffiti backdrop which depicted the name of one of my favorite hip hop actss of all time. It was then that I knew. I didn't want to believe it,but the truth was right in front of me. To my utter dismay, these people were being entertained.

It was that fateful day in late October that I realized hip hop was dead.

Brutally Honest
06-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Lol. Live and well.

MacG
06-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Skills. This isn't a text battle it's a rap battle. One is better at rap battling.

06-15-2015, 12:21 AM
super hot battle guys prolly onner the best ive heard so far both came with some serious heat and massive hay makers. but my winner took it with the nice smooth flow and delivery.

Godbody
06-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Thank you ill...been saying this since the text invasion of 2012 to audio...its about rapping...this battle was good...my winner laid it down more raw

pause

Saint Chris
06-15-2015, 11:46 AM
LMFAO! Yo, Bloo nice, but Bru-Tal Killed this shit; I'm sorry but not sorry. It was the triumphant return we all KNEW he would deliver. I've been through the gauntlet, haha, Brutal has always been, well, Brutal. I'd take this L to be real, and just be glad to be a part of it. Which,=#Hiphop.

He basically said "for the Watch" and dagger-ed your heart effortlessly - no sense in talking shit as you stare at the sky, bleeding out... in other words, I'm sayin, "you know nothing"... VETS4THEWIN

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Also - FYI: Delivery and Flow = part of Hiphop as Well. It's called rapping, and there is more to it than just words.

Pugz
06-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Baaaawdy

Proctologist
06-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Dope battle really close.

NOBLE
06-17-2015, 11:25 PM
Brutally Honest wins 81% after VP adjustment.