PDA

View Full Version : The People's Choice: Textcees

Row
06-12-2015, 10:04 AM
im updating the thread. if you're unfamiliar what this is, click here (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136679).

Im asking respected members of LB to give their personal top 5 textcees, and the league table created from the results using a points system will be updated. This is to help gauge which textcees are considered the greatest ever.

I'm asking yall to use their own discretion regarding what achievements and qualities they use and rate to create their list. Impact, writing, persona, championships etc etc its completely up to the author to create his own standards.

If you wish to create a list, please PM me, Some members may be approached as well. Or if yall dont care about people's opinions, DROP YOUR LIST HERE.

Any lists deemed completely unrealistic and/or missing a thorough explanation might not be published, as will we try to keep this as legitimate as possible.

Thanks yall :high:

& Everyone that does this the RIGHT way will get 10 credits. just hit me up. To see how a proper list is supposed to be done (Nyarlathotep - length) , click here (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136679)

Shodan
06-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Row I sent you (the pastebin link to) my list. Good shit for getting this going again; I always felt like it was a great idea that needed more work and opinions to back it up in reality.

Insuppressible
06-12-2015, 07:37 PM
RULE
This bloke has done things that takes many people a long time to do. I'm not just talking about winning one championship; more like several and consistently dropping these charismatic punches, wordplay and concepts that have been so fundamental for the way the site has evolved to today. Needless to say, the amount of time he has devoted to the site and assisted with the elevation of numerous emcees. Remember, he's been on this site for 6 years and within 3 years he won 4-5 separate championships.

Jason
What would a list be without Jason. The first thing that comes to mind is his flow & swag that is so fluent, and adding to that punches that ridicule the opponent in such a hilarious way. It almost seems that all this talent comes with such effortless attempts, who consistently bombarded us with impressive use of punches and double meaning. The bubba ganoush punch also sticks out to me.

Mikey Deniro
Some mightn't of heard of Mickey. But he's provided us with some of the best concept relevant and use of scheming the site will, or might ever see. Illokwent and Manhattan might be following in his footsteps, but lets not forget the path Deniro has paved for these guys. Taking out top tier emcees with fantastic wording & scheming throughout, whilst keeping the relevance of the concept. Not easy to do and it was elegantly committed by Mikey D which earned a place here.

Lockhart
If you take one look at this name ya'll probably be thinking i'm mind fucking you again. Honestly, I'm not. Look at who he's taken down, look at what he's achieved. I'm calling a championship under his belt sometime in the near future, and that's is all I will say. Ever since i came back he's constantly impressed me with his use of punches and flips that ridicule the opponents verse. Don't write Lockhart off.

Erupt
I called it. I called that he would become a GC one day. Rupt was one of the most under-rated emcees of all time, who wasn't under-looked, but never got the recognition he deserved. Along with the agreement of remarK, we called that Rupt had bars that would see him win a tournament, which he proved last year, and following into a couple of more finals. His complexity is what stands out; delivering some great ideas with punches that are very tough to counter.

There's a few more that come to mind, but these five are suffice

ILLoKWENT
06-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Take Erupt off anyones list til he answers my 32..

Shodan
06-12-2015, 10:41 PM
insup confirmed as lockhart multi

Manhattan
06-13-2015, 07:25 AM

:hah:

Lockhart
06-13-2015, 07:34 AM

At least he might be able to beat me ;)

Ohs
06-13-2015, 09:52 AM
left field
real talk
illy
daddio
deniro b milk

S O U L R I T E
06-13-2015, 11:49 AM
• RULE/Revan

• Manhattan

• Jason

• Mayneak

• Mani

Row
06-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Danté Ohs , go to the thread to see how your list should be like , or check insuppressible's post. the fuck is this

Row
06-13-2015, 12:25 PM
UPDATE: everyone that does this, the RIGHT way, will get 10 credits

Rant
06-13-2015, 12:49 PM
At least he might be able to beat me ;)

I've beaten you multiple times. Lol.

Lockhart
06-13-2015, 03:28 PM
I've beaten you multiple times. Lol.

Not as much as your girl has beat me.

Seriously, though. This was more so a reference to how he hasn't defeated me once in like 5 tries.

Ohs
06-13-2015, 04:01 PM
pussy Im just giving you a legit list

S O U L R I T E
06-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Let's try this again.

Mayneak - Because when I first came here years ago, he was on top. Hands down. Everyone who challenged his skill (including me) ended up losing. There are lots of battlers here who get a title, or a little respect, and just sit on their reputation without battling. But from my knowledge, I've always known Mayneak to answer any and all challenges, and wreck shit while doing it. I also appreciate seeing his evolution. When he first came here (go back and read his first battles) he was straight ass lol but over time, he elevated and eventually became the best, and in my opinion remains there.

Jason - Because he's one of the only people on this site who's skill transcends the era in which he came in. When I say that, I mean the texting style was much different back then than it is now, and he's proven his skill is versatile enough to survive both eras. There are many rappers in this new generation that say the old heads can't hang with us, but Jason is definitely one who can.

RULE/Revan - Because him and I made our names at the same time, but in the end he ended up going much MUCH farther than I did, and has ended up accomplishing much more than I have. Gotta respect the man for what he did in the amount of time he's been here. He's established a style, and set a standard that the new school has taken and ran with.

Manhattan - I haven't been back for long, but I had to put him on this list because of his skill level, he is a great moderator (imo), and because I feel he's a big reason the site hasn't completely fallen apart. There are great mods here, so I'm not saying he's the sole reason Lb is still afloat, but I am saying he's the one I've seen the most active and attentive to the members' needs. Shoutout to NOBLE on that note too. Dude does some great work here.

Rican - Only because he was my favorite rapper on here when I first signed up lol and he still is. His style is both aggressive and unpredictable. There are very few that can replicate it and those who do don't do a very good job lol that's a true mark of someone who can't be duplicated. And if you can't be duplicated, you're one of a kind.

My list has been changed. And please note, I haven't been here for as long as most of you, so if my list seems retarded I apologize in advance lol

ILLoKWENT
06-13-2015, 06:15 PM
Let's try this again.

Jason - he's proven his skill is versatile enough to survive both eras. There are many rappers in this new generation that say the old heads can't hang with us, but Jason is definitely one who can.

tell that to Subreal... who jason's been ducking..

Row
06-13-2015, 07:33 PM
pussy Im just giving you a legit list

fuck up square , no one gonna see your shitty ass, reason-less list.

Pseudo™
06-13-2015, 11:20 PM
1. Jason
One of the few battlers on the site that has mastered the art of text battling. I consider Jason the goat because of how easily he implants his swag and personality into his bars, while delivering devastating haymakers. Clean wording, perfect flow, and creative setups are all showcased throughout his bars in a effortless fashion. The simplistic Beauty of his verses speak volumes of his talent. Moreover, two grand championship titles are another testament of why Jason is the goat's goat.

2. DaDDIO
DaDDIO, who operates on the same skill level as Jason, is able to deliver mind boggling punchlines, without the cost of forcing his bars. After opening a DaDDIO battle, I'm always greeted with creative haymakers, complimented by complex multi schemes and a solid flow. He has perfected a style of text battling that, as you can clearly see throughout the site, a number of battlers try to mimic. DaDDIO can demolish nearly anyone. He can drop an unbeatable verse. He's your favorites text battler's favorite text battler. The dude is a monster, plain and simple.

3. Erupt
Creativity at its finest. Erupt is one of the greatest to ever type in the box. In the small amount of text battles he completed in basic text arena, Erupt was able to destroy the best of the best. His setups are top notch, and they add a crazy amount of fire power to his creative punchlines. Rupt's bars will leave you thinking, "Why couldn't I have made that?" Simply put, he's an animal in the text box.

4. RULE
Rule possesses the winning formula for text battles. In my time on the site, I only recall seeing him lose two or three times. He has an aggressive style where he bombards his opponents with punchline after punchline. Many people copy this format but are unsuccessful, seeing they are unable to create the creative concepts that Rule can think of. I honestly don't think there's many people who could beat this dude on his A-game.

5. Phroxen
Yes, he isn't decorated in titles, but Phroxen's bars speak for themselves. He's the master of multi syllable rhymes, only parralleled by DaDDIO. Furthermore, His verses are always entertaining. Possessing complete control over his rhyme scheme, he's able to create bars that roll of your tongue and, on the occasion, end in a heavy punch that is perfectly executed. Probably the most underrated text battler on the site.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I just added 10 inches to all of their dicks

Row
06-14-2015, 12:19 AM
keep em coming!

Obey
06-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Illokwent - Consistently has put out great material, just lacks the major trophies. I'm sure that'll be changed in due time.

Manhattan - Easily one of the best textcees on the site. Has always been a motivational factor to push myself and has been my favorite texcee for a while. Always has great metaphors and strong, direct punches.

Jason - Self explanatory.

RULE - PLK

Thorough - Always puts out head turning stuff and is always a breath of fresh air reading his stuff. On his way to a GC.

Many more, just a brief list.

Row
06-22-2015, 09:58 PM
bizzump

Row
08-24-2015, 10:00 AM
Let's try this again.

Mayneak - Because when I first came here years ago, he was on top. Hands down. Everyone who challenged his skill (including me) ended up losing. There are lots of battlers here who get a title, or a little respect, and just sit on their reputation without battling. But from my knowledge, I've always known Mayneak to answer any and all challenges, and wreck shit while doing it. I also appreciate seeing his evolution. When he first came here (go back and read his first battles) he was straight ass lol but over time, he elevated and eventually became the best, and in my opinion remains there.

Jason - Because he's one of the only people on this site who's skill transcends the era in which he came in. When I say that, I mean the texting style was much different back then than it is now, and he's proven his skill is versatile enough to survive both eras. There are many rappers in this new generation that say the old heads can't hang with us, but Jason is definitely one who can.

RULE/Revan - Because him and I made our names at the same time, but in the end he ended up going much MUCH farther than I did, and has ended up accomplishing much more than I have. Gotta respect the man for what he did in the amount of time he's been here. He's established a style, and set a standard that the new school has taken and ran with.

Manhattan - I haven't been back for long, but I had to put him on this list because of his skill level, he is a great moderator (imo), and because I feel he's a big reason the site hasn't completely fallen apart. There are great mods here, so I'm not saying he's the sole reason Lb is still afloat, but I am saying he's the one I've seen the most active and attentive to the members' needs. Shoutout to NOBLE on that note too. Dude does some great work here.

Rican - Only because he was my favorite rapper on here when I first signed up lol and he still is. His style is both aggressive and unpredictable. There are very few that can replicate it and those who do don't do a very good job lol that's a true mark of someone who can't be duplicated. And if you can't be duplicated, you're one of a kind.

My list has been changed. And please note, I haven't been here for as long as most of you, so if my list seems retarded I apologize in advance lol

your comments on each textcee has to be about their text game, not on how well they moderated.

Row
08-24-2015, 10:02 AM
who else wants 1o credits?

Row
08-26-2015, 09:38 AM
^^^^^

MaCc Da G0D
08-26-2015, 10:21 AM
I'll Be Somebody's Favorite One Day. *Sings High Hopes* ...Nah IDGAF about opinions really, which is besides the point. ✌

Student
08-26-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm in charge of this again so you can PM me or paste your lists here.

Rican
08-27-2015, 12:43 AM
oh ok, you should pm this to people so they can respond

Row
08-27-2015, 09:23 AM
this is voluntary though, a pm would be forcin

Ill Phenom
08-30-2015, 10:30 PM
I don't want the ten credits, I peaked on LB to see what was going on and felt like posting on this.

1. RULE - Really have no other choice here. We came up around the same time and were both original classick. I believe we had split battles (1-1) in the beginning. He is one of the not only a textcee but people I respect the most on the site by far. As far as why I put him in as a personal preference as a textcee goes without question. He ability to form amazing punches at ease is close to unmatchable. He dominated in a short amount of time and was always fun and humble to those around him. He wasn't one of the piece of shit good textcee's that ended up falling off for that reason.

2. Jason - I learned a shit ton just from reading his verses. He always had some of the best wording and flow that you can find on the site. Everything was always so smooth when he wrote it. Even something so simple sounded dope because of that. I believe awhile back he had helped me quite a bit on one of the Instant Messagers, maybe MSN. Really a stand up guy, always has a firm and just opinion on everything. Besides that he's another one with great achievements on the site as a textcee.

3. UNKNOWN ARTIST - Among the other two, I feel he is one that goes without question. He has some of the best verses that have been written on this site. He went under a different alias and won text championships before anyone knew that it was him. That takes some skill to come up winning in a complete unbiased state. He battled with the best of them and always seems to come fresh every single time he writes.

4. Rican - Although he may not be the most consistent when it comes to winning when it counts in battles whether that's to bias'd opinions or not is besides the point. There are not many that can turn random shit into some of the most original concepts on the site. He find everything and anything to turn into a dope ass concept and many times a slick wordplay that no one else on the site would come close to even thinking of. Although I don't really talk to anyone on here anymore, he was one of the few members that were really more like a friend rather than just an internet acquaintance. That did get us in trouble in that tournament though. lol

5. Huey - Or whatever he name is now. Not sure if he is still around but I remember reading some of his verses and thinking damn that is sick. He always had some crazy concepts and were very aggressive. I actually sorta remember one of my favorite lines from him. Might have been against me and I'm not sure the exact concept of the line but it to do with eating at a family dinner and putting a mother in the microwave. Then he had some audio stuff that was off the chain as well. Definitely one of my favorite writers when I was active.

Student
08-30-2015, 10:44 PM
Good stuff Ill Phenom

Row
10-12-2015, 10:57 AM
bumpin

Óðinn
10-12-2015, 11:19 AM
UNKNOWN ARTIST
Mayneak
RULE
DaDDiO
Illimit

Rican
10-12-2015, 01:39 PM
that doesnt work

DESSA
11-17-2015, 09:30 PM
1. Illimit
2. Real Talk
3. Jason
4. RULE
5. Rican <-- man this guy better be on every list

Row
02-09-2017, 07:10 PM
lets see if we can get some now

Thug Killaa
02-09-2017, 07:16 PM
lets see if we can get some now

Row I typed one in 2013 and it was posted but I remember we had to type up top 20. Did it get dropped down to just Top 5? Also can we submit a new one?

Row
02-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Row I typed one in 2013 and it was posted but I remember we had to type up top 20. Did it get dropped down to just Top 5? Also can we submit a new one?

it was never 20.

and yes submit, reason why i bumped this thread.. a lot more is needed

Row
04-04-2017, 11:18 AM
now lets see if we can get this goin considerin there's more activity. this can potentially replace the current ranking system where bnas and macc are on top. lets see who u got

Erupt da Monsta
04-07-2017, 10:41 AM
1. Jason
One of the few battlers on the site that has mastered the art of text battling. I consider Jason the goat because of how easily he implants his swag and personality into his bars, while delivering devastating haymakers. Clean wording, perfect flow, and creative setups are all showcased throughout his bars in a effortless fashion. The simplistic Beauty of his verses speak volumes of his talent. Moreover, two grand championship titles are another testament of why Jason is the goat's goat.

2. DaDDIO
DaDDIO, who operates on the same skill level as Jason, is able to deliver mind boggling punchlines, without the cost of forcing his bars. After opening a DaDDIO battle, I'm always greeted with creative haymakers, complimented by complex multi schemes and a solid flow. He has perfected a style of text battling that, as you can clearly see throughout the site, a number of battlers try to mimic. DaDDIO can demolish nearly anyone. He can drop an unbeatable verse. He's your favorites text battler's favorite text battler. The dude is a monster, plain and simple.

3. Erupt
Creativity at its finest. Erupt is one of the greatest to ever type in the box. In the small amount of text battles he completed in basic text arena, Erupt was able to destroy the best of the best. His setups are top notch, and they add a crazy amount of fire power to his creative punchlines. Rupt's bars will leave you thinking, "Why couldn't I have made that?" Simply put, he's an animal in the text box.

4. RULE
Rule possesses the winning formula for text battles. In my time on the site, I only recall seeing him lose two or three times. He has an aggressive style where he bombards his opponents with punchline after punchline. Many people copy this format but are unsuccessful, seeing they are unable to create the creative concepts that Rule can think of. I honestly don't think there's many people who could beat this dude on his A-game.

5. Phroxen
Yes, he isn't decorated in titles, but Phroxen's bars speak for themselves. He's the master of multi syllable rhymes, only parralleled by DaDDIO. Furthermore, His verses are always entertaining. Possessing complete control over his rhyme scheme, he's able to create bars that roll of your tongue and, on the occasion, end in a heavy punch that is perfectly executed. Probably the most underrated text battler on the site.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I just added 10 inches to all of their dicks

Appreciate that homie. Just realized this was here ... Appreciate all the shoutouts as well... Ima try and make a top 5 list soon.

Ray Zeus
04-07-2017, 11:32 AM
I'm glad somebody added phroxen too... brah is one of my favorites

Erupt da Monsta
04-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Yeah phroxen in my top 10 homies a beast... people overlook him sometimes

Papi
04-08-2017, 02:38 AM
Worddd

Pablo Esco Bars
04-08-2017, 02:38 PM
I wish I had given the site more of my attention over the years so I could actually make an informed response to this.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

For me some standouts are of course RULE and Jason Phroxen Dirty Work Lockhart and Erupt. But a bunch of good texters Row Punk Nicholas @EtH Dono they all deserve recognition.

Papi
04-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Lol pablo

Ray Zeus
04-15-2017, 08:51 PM
my top 6 RULE reEFer UNKNOWN ARTIST Phroxen Erupt DaDDiO

Row
04-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Do it properly yall

& Pablo Esco Bars appreciate it

Row
12-14-2018, 04:41 PM