PDA

View Full Version : Aliens exist!

Rant
04-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Or, at least NASA thinks so, according to this article.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/nasa-scientist-believes-brink-discovering-aliens/story?id=30154232&cid=fb_wn_sf

Thoughts?

Obey
04-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Aka propaganda for more funds. Either or, it's a win-win. I don't see it happening though.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

And IF there is life out there, it's best we not make contact. History shows a more advanced civilization usually takes control of the less-intelligent one.

Rant
04-08-2015, 10:25 PM
I don't think you read the article. Lol. The positing of alien life by NASA is that of the smallest scales. Tiny, microscopic, organic microbes.

Obey
04-08-2015, 10:28 PM
I don't think you read the article. Lol. The positing of alien life by NASA is that of the smallest scales. Tiny, microscopic, organic microbes.

I don't really think the word ''Alien'' should be tossed around like that then. When the public thinks of Alien, they think of another form of human-life. Not microscopic organisms lol.

Rant
04-08-2015, 10:30 PM
alien
adjective \ˈā-lē-ən, ˈāl-yən\
: not familiar or like other things you have known : different from what you are used to

Edit:

As you can see, there is no allusion to humanoid features implicit in the meaning of the term alien.

Obey
04-08-2015, 10:32 PM
noun
a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living.

Aggo
04-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Public opinion is usually dumbed down by quite a few degrees. It doesnt mean we should dumb down our language to accommodate them.

And fuck yeah its there and they better keep looking for it. We've explored the majority of the earth (not counting oceans, we should be combing those too) and we are discoverers by nature. Looking upward is the next logical step.

Supsie
04-08-2015, 10:41 PM
I doubt thats all nasa knows... if so they are SOOO far behind.

Rant
04-08-2015, 10:48 PM
I doubt thats all nasa knows... if so they are SOOO far behind.

Compared to who? The nut jobs on the conspiracy theory websites you frequent?

Obey
04-08-2015, 10:56 PM

Lmao, this ^ But I do think they know something the public probably isn't ready to hear. Think about it, this could debunk all religions and that could cause a MASSIVE problem.

Aggo
04-08-2015, 11:03 PM
or it could solve a bunch of long established massive problems.

Honestly though, religions would adapt. There are plenty of facts that already debunk religions. They just blindly ignore those facts and live on willfully ignorant.

Insuppressible
04-08-2015, 11:23 PM
where there's water, there is life

Shodan
04-08-2015, 11:48 PM
lol

Yes, there's probably other intelligent life in the universe. It's a big place out there, maybe even an infinitely big place. There's bound to be something intelligent other than us. However, I'm sure it will be nothing like us. It might barely even be recognizable as a life-form, or undetectable to us (floating on gas giants, made from xenon, eat gravity fields, dark matter-based?).

And consider how briefly humanity has been in its current stage. We've been Homo sapiens sapiens for what, two hundred thousand years? And we've only been doing anything resembling civilization for a small part of that. Soon, we'll probably either hit the technological singularity, or wipe ourselves out first (maybe even both at the same time!). So, assuming other alien species follow a roughly similar developmental timeframe - which is a big assumption - it would be sensible to assume that most of them are far more primitive than we are, or far more advanced. The amount of civilizations on our level will be an incredibly tiny fraction.

We might be alone in the Milky Way, or even the Virgo supercluster. But I'm sure there's life out there. The question is, where? I don't think we're ready to know that for sure, yet.

Denton
04-09-2015, 02:25 AM
NASA's deep space communications center is here on Fort Irwin

J u s T C
04-09-2015, 08:41 AM
where there's water, there is life

I've never got this.

You're judging the ingredients for life on our own very specific set of rules. It's an ignorant view.

We aren't venturing out into "alien" territory because it's "familiar"

UhMAZING
04-09-2015, 01:46 PM

Says the guy posting NASA articles regarding aliens on a rap battle site.

Rant
04-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Says the guy posting NASA articles regarding aliens on a rap battle site.

> Implying that NASA is a conspiracy theory website. :S

exwhyzee
04-09-2015, 03:12 PM
hella salt being thrown back and forth here.

oSo Slick
04-09-2015, 04:59 PM
you dont need Nasa to tell us aliens exist...They exist whether nasa says they do or not..

UhMAZING
04-09-2015, 05:19 PM
> Implying that NASA is a conspiracy theory website. :S

I didn't imply that. That's just the way you took it. I meant what you said is pretty stupid..... trying to insult someone by saying they visit conspiracy websites full of nut jobs, yet you're here posting about aliens. Dipshit.:fyou:

Rant
04-09-2015, 08:19 PM
I didn't imply that. That's just the way you took it. I meant what you said is pretty stupid..... trying to insult someone by saying they visit conspiracy websites full of nut jobs, yet you're here posting about aliens. Dipshit.:fyou:

Cool story, bro. Tell me more about how I shouldn't provide interesting topics of discussion for the site.

Insuppressible
04-09-2015, 08:33 PM
I've never got this.

You're judging the ingredients for life on our own very specific set of rules. It's an ignorant view.

We aren't venturing out into "alien" territory because it's "familiar"

you've taken it way out of proportion mate

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

most things we know require water to survive. Therefore, i think it's ok to assume that if there's water on mars, then there might just be organisms or "living life-forms" out there.

In saying that we can also assume that alien lifeforms do not require h20 to live..

UhMAZING
04-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Cool story, bro. Tell me more about how I shouldn't provide interesting topics of discussion for the site.

Nothing you post on here is an interesting topic of discussion.. it's dumb shit.
Good use of played out come back though, bro.

Obey
04-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Nothing you post on here is an interesting topic of discussion.. it's dumb shit.
Good use of played out come back though, bro.

Life on another planet is NOT interesting. Saying you posted a picture of another members girl IS interesting. You're trying to hard.

J u s T C
04-10-2015, 04:33 AM
you've taken it way out of proportion mate

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

most things we know require water to survive. Therefore, i think it's ok to assume that if there's water on mars, then there might just be organisms or "living life-forms" out there.

In saying that we can also assume that alien lifeforms do not require h20 to live..

Yeah it was more of a rant in general. didn't mean it personally though it kinda came across that way.

Student
04-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Aliens have already determined the human species isn't intelligent enough to handle the truth and any technological help from them would ultimately be used against ourselves.

#EmoPost