PDA

View Full Version : Better Call Saul?

Rant
03-17-2015, 01:25 PM
2 things.

1: Who has seen this show, and what are your thoughts? I, personally, haven't missed an episode yet. Mind you, it's no Breaking Bad, but, I really enjoy the strong comical overtones, while still maintaining that dramatic emphasis.

2: Who can make me a beat out of the opening theme?

V3numb
03-17-2015, 04:12 PM
havnt seen t yet waiting for the season to end and just kick back and watch it all in a week or something

cant wait tho

Student
03-17-2015, 04:36 PM
I like it, he was one of my favorite characters on Breaking Bad and definitely deserves his own series. I like the backstory so far, I'm caught up, I liked that he wasn't always Saul Goodman and that he struggled a lot in order to become what he became. I also liked that he developed a persona in order to stay alive like Walter White (Heisenberg). He's got that fast talking, quick thinking about him that's awesome. He's like a used car salesman but something about him actually makes you listen to him. LOVE that we get to see some of Mike's backstory, he deserves a spin-off series too. I can't wait to see if they show Gus in this one and seeing Tuco again was cool.

J u s T C
03-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Seen every EP so far. Michael's EP (Last 1) was the best so far.

The opening credit music is sick.

BB was a slow burner anyway and BCS has already started off quicker so there's hope it can enter the same class as BB. Just in it's own different way.

Though knowing Sauls fate in future "close shaves" will be a bit jarring. Lets see where they take it.

Student
03-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Seen every EP so far. Michael's EP (Last 1) was the best so far.

The opening credit music is sick.

BB was a slow burner anyway and BCS has already started off quicker so there's hope it can enter the same class as BB. Just in it's own different way.

Though knowing Sauls fate in future "close shaves" will be a bit jarring. Lets see where they take it.

I just found out that opening scene was actually him in the future lol I was like oh that makes sense now, he's in a huge house but he works at Cinnabun lol

Also, @Rant here's the opening scene with just the music:
Better Call Saul - Intro / Opening scene HD - YouTube

Watching episode 7 later on today

Rant
03-18-2015, 12:38 AM
The little Easter eggs have been fantastic. IE: Tuco, and working in a Cinnabun(It was what he mentioned he'd end up doing in a scene in Breaking Bad.) I think that they'll be expounding a lot more on Mike in the future. I just finished episode 7, and he played a fairly hefty role in its conclusion. With a glimpse of just how much of a bad ass Mike really is. Lol.

Phil Banks
03-18-2015, 12:22 PM
yeah Im a fan myself.... as far as the theme meh... but I wil the say... this show on HBO The Jinx has a dope as opening that is definately sample worthy check it out

Student
03-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah, currently peeping that out too ^

Kimmy Schmidt it pretty funny too, I know y'all need "man drama" but it's funny as hell.

Just saw Episode 7 last night, no spoiler but I fucking Loved seeing Mike & Saul work together.

I like how it's not obvious about what's going to happen because so far we've only met Tuco who's going to be in Breaking Bad.

I'm still really interested in seeing how he ultimately ends up as Saul Goodman even though I know exactly what happens after he meets Walter, etc. and that means it's a good spin-off show.

FreezyCT
03-20-2015, 05:29 AM
watching this show made me realize how much i hate regularly scheduled programming

binge watch or gtfo

Godbody
03-20-2015, 07:11 AM
One of the best shows out imo

already in the Top 5 highest rated cable TV shows of all time..with the likes of Game of Thrones & Breaking Bad

so, not bad.

J u s T C
03-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Oh yeah, currently peeping that out too ^

Kimmy Schmidt it pretty funny too, I know y'all need "man drama" but it's funny as hell.

I just watched the first ep on nf. It's different and it's pretty funny. especially for a pilot since pilots can be hit and miss and it normally takes a comedy time to catch it's groove.

I died when her backpack got nicked and the horse ran into the shot.