PDA

View Full Version : LetsBeef Presents - Facebook Battles

Hubert Cumberdale
12-22-2014, 06:56 PM
LetsBeef.com is going to Facebook, and it's bringing some heavy hitters with it.
Facebook hosts hundreds of rap battlers, and LetsBeef is looking to get in on the action. Look out for leagues, tournaments and competitions on the page as it looks to establish itself as one of the best around.

(CLICK HERE) (https://www.facebook.com/groups/316065278593946/?fref=nf)

(Yes, I'm aware that the images are big, but I cant be bothered resizing them tbh. Feel free to do so for me)

In addition, LetsBeef.com is proud to announce the Worlds Collid PPV!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2lkup0j.jpg

Letsbeef veterans and Facebook's finest will clash, showing the text battle world the immense skills that both sides contain.

http://i57.tinypic.com/20kzzgg.png

EtH will step back into the battle field for a long time coming clash against rival Rohaan Rane. This feud goes back far. Despite being trolls-in-arms at once stage, EtH and Rohaan have a bitter history which includes mock diss tracks, crew battle sabotage and above all; constant trolling.
Now EtH and Rohaan will settle the score through their rhyming in a battle which is sure to have some heavy personals with the dirt being dished.

http://i62.tinypic.com/156fi20.png

Letsbeef's Obey will take on Xssassn of the Xage crew.
Obey is one of the rising names on Letsbeef.com, winning Rookie of the Year in his first 12 months and following up on his momentum with a recent huge win over ILLoKWENT in the Grand Championship tournament. Obey brings complex schemes with solid wordplay to the table and after fixing some long lasting wording issues, Obey has proven that he is capable of defeating any opponent on any given night.
Xssassn (who made his name under the name Xfactor) has made it to the final of several tournaments, yet to take one home. Despite his inability to win the big one, he has been highly touted as one of the writers with the most potential out of everyone around here. You have to think that he's just one moment away from wrecking every page around here, and this might be that moment.
Two of the biggest rising stars around here collide in a contest which could prove to be the future of text battling.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mhu5mu.png

Letsbeef's topical behemoth WonderBred has signed up to go to war against MC ERA of the Xage crew.
WonderBred made a name for himself on Letsbeef by upsetting Grand Champ reeFer in a Scheme tournament. He's taken some time off, but now Bred wants to get back into the driver's seat and continue building his momentum.
MC ERA keeps his head down, but it's said that when he wants to stand out he makes an impact in every competition. A strong representative of the Xage crew, ERA wants to show everyone how his crew roll with a big win over W.B.

Hubert Cumberdale
12-22-2014, 07:01 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/16iiqhg.png

In 2014, Punk has established himself as not only one of the slickest track makers around, but also a tough test for anyone in a battle competition. After making LB vet Dissizit run for the hills with a callout, Punk is riding a career high.
Montana Mugga recently captured The Pulse's award for Best Wordplay of 2014 with other credentials including the UHRB Buried Alive Tournament 1 Winner, a 2x Empolatry Emcee KO King Winner among many other accolades.
This should be a dope battle with the winner earning some much sought after bragging rights in the world of battling.

http://i61.tinypic.com/23uv91h.png

This battle is getting added late. But...it's an acapella audio at 2:30 minutes long, so...yeah....YAY F WORD AND ANDY CRISP!

http://i59.tinypic.com/21nf511.jpg

Letsbeef veterans and Facebook's finest will clash, showing the text battle world the immense skills that both sides contain.
The first match up has also been decided.
Letsbeef grand champion and recent top contender Bleu will test his slick transitions and effortless flow against longtime Facebook dominator and final HHI Heavyweight kingpin Vin Centio in a clash that will ricochet through the top tier sites and pages across the text battle world.

http://i62.tinypic.com/29enfo9.png

The next two battlers to sign their names on the dotted line are Manhattan and Skizzo!
Manhattan is a highly respected battler and moderator on Letsbeef.com and recent winner of the Exclusive Tag Team Championship with Wizdumb. Manny is known for his creative punchlines and fluid execution.
Skizzo is probably the hardest working man in this entire battle circuit. In addition to running BodyBagsEnt (BBE), Skizzo is also the reigning and defending Online Rap Battle Jam Champion. With a history of destroying top tier battlers for several years, Skizzo views Manhattan as just another name on a tombstone.
History will be made when these competitors clash against each other, putting their reputation on the line to prove to the world that they are the best around.

Rant
12-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Look at Eth go, putting my ideas into place so I don't have to!

Big ups, though. I've always thought inter site battles were a cool idea.

Manhattan
12-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Ya this looks like it's going to be dope. Bleu vs Vin too is going to be slick

Hubert Cumberdale
12-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Rant, that makes you, Execute and Vin Centio all wanting credit for this damn idea haha.

Óðinn
12-22-2014, 07:23 PM
I know nothing of these battlers (except rohaan, then again wtf is a rohaan?) so can't comment on what i think they're gonna be like.

Rant
12-22-2014, 07:29 PM
It's literally posted in the ideas section of this site. Lol.

Shodan
12-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Manny vs. Skizzo ought to be good.

Row
12-22-2014, 07:35 PM
... who the hell are all those people on the left ? :confused:

Rant
12-22-2014, 07:38 PM
People from facebook, and BBE, I assume.

lllllllllllll
12-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Row I highly hope your joking and meant to say the right.

All LB members are on the left.

RULE
12-22-2014, 07:57 PM
looool

Obey
12-22-2014, 08:05 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/a590e4fdc6d680089172780742ba2951/tumblr_mftg5byGo41rgjkhbo1_500.gif

V3numb
12-22-2014, 08:18 PM
im not against this and dont have a issue really, but wdnt this defeat the purpose of LB? point is to bring traffic over no?, imo it's just seems like a lil mini game compared to the real thing

like having VR trainning in every MGS, although it is fun it;'s not the core of what you intend on the whole thing right?

Hubert Cumberdale
12-22-2014, 09:16 PM
im not against this and dont have a issue really, but wdnt this defeat the purpose of LB? point is to bring traffic over no?, imo it's just seems like a lil mini game compared to the real thing

like having VR trainning in every MGS, although it is fun it;'s not the core of what you intend on the whole thing right?

Go and bring anyone to LB from Facebook, I challenge you.

The idea here is to get guys involved with LB. They start off on the page, updates and awards etc. are posting on LB. They come on the site because their name is posted here. Boom, members arrive.

SHARK BOY_
12-23-2014, 04:51 AM
how the fuck is this lb VS fb? the fb representing folks are lb veterans as well* either banned or zone'd out.either ways how is this going to increase the site activity?

V3numb
12-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Go and bring anyone to LB from Facebook, I challenge you.

The idea here is to get guys involved with LB. They start off on the page, updates and awards etc. are posting on LB. They come on the site because their name is posted here. Boom, members arrive.

i wasnt challenging you lol, that's all you had to say tho, makes sense now

kudos to you and rant if he had anything to do with it

J u s T C
12-23-2014, 07:17 AM
Facebook doesn't have any heavy hitters.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

And the battles are being hosted and voted on FB?

So who exactly are you trying to bring over to LB with this?

A already banned from LB troll we don't want and a guy who came over here once already to actively try and steal our members?

So much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

Weak flawed gimmick is weak and flawed

Hubert Cumberdale
12-23-2014, 07:34 PM
So you want ready made heavy hitters to LB yeah? Alright. Go ahead and list me some of the heavy hitters that aren't committed to a website already.

LB's "glory days" had NOTHING to do with skill. Let's face it, Street FamouS, Spaz, HVK etc. couldn't last 1 round in a modern day tournament. It was all about activity. Not only does activity generate money, but activity is what a site like LB lives and breaths on. It's nothing to do with having the best. The best develop. I'll give you guys an example; me, Mayneak and UNKNOWN ARTIST were nobodies battling on a small page on Bebo.com. One dude dropped a link. All 3 of us became "patriarchs" from ONE link. Who's to say that can't happen with the next guy that joins? That means we have to play the numbers game. The more people that join, the more chance of one of them being one of the greatest battlers of all time on the site, IF you want to consider skill to be the major factor.

Who I'm trying to get over to LB? The hundreds and hundreds of uncommitted people who go onto facebook and write lyrics and drop battles every single day. You underrate how popular the scene is over there. It's huge. I started over there canvassing why they are on Facebook and not on some website. My general reading is that they don't have to make this a life long thing. They just want to jump on and drop some rhymes whenever they want. That's what built LetsBeef.com! The glory days of this site was when there were the forum heads and everyone else. The website was split like the Red Sea, but EVERYONE enjoyed it.

Now as far as the "banned troll" etc. Just because these guys are involved doesn't mean they are who's joining. Rohan is in touch with hundreds of people on Facebook. Skizzo is promoting on his end as well (although because he's still banned on LB will post the battles on BBE instead of promoting the page). The rest of the guys are well connected to different pages and groups on Facebook. If you check the battles on there, there's already several people putting comments down to spectate the battles. These are popular guys, of whom's skill I'm not entirely sure, but the important thing is that they bring eyes to the page.

How this translates to bringing eyes to Letsbeef is that articles, awards etc. that all pertain to the Facebook page will be posted on here. The link will be posted on the Facebook page. Those people will come onto Letsbeef to read their name on the place. Sure not everyone is going to join, but you bring people on the site in a positive light, they look around, if the site is their kind of thing they might stay.

I'd ask if you're happy now but of course you're not lol.

EDIT: BBE is essentially a "hip hop site". It's not even a "rap battle site" in the format that Letsbeef is. They are currently doubling, at least, the amount of viewers to their website every day by recruiting guys from battle sites, guys who would probably enjoy Letsbeef.com more. That's because they went onto FB and make these connections first. They aren't competing websites but they get more active users than us. All we need is to get these writers writing here, they will love it for the same reasons all of us originally did, and it's all good.

Shodan
12-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Fuck, I didn't even realize Facebook battles were even a thing. I might make another profile to get in on this, shit sounds awesome.

Hubert Cumberdale
12-23-2014, 08:01 PM
I just recruited an LB to FB, the fuck? haha

Papi
12-12-2019, 08:41 PM
What happened to this? EtH

EtH
12-13-2019, 10:15 AM
Think NOBLE pissed me off or something and I gave up on a sick idea as usual cause no one was willing to help.

Guts
12-13-2019, 10:27 AM
never too late fam

GRizzEAT
12-13-2019, 10:31 AM
tha 16th chapel.

EtH
12-13-2019, 10:49 AM
tha 16th chapel.

When Grizz is clowning you, you've got major intelligence problems.