PDA

View Full Version : Questions For Atheists

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Do you believe in the Big Bang theory?

If so, where did the matter for space come from?

*This is not for Jews, Christians, Muslims, agnostics, etc...

Hubert Cumberdale
12-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Our logic is not capable of understanding or making sense of how it started.

This is just simple Question Mark theory. The question is "What came before ___?". Science puts a question mark at the start, religion puts God.

Liquid Wolf
12-20-2014, 02:09 PM
question for Christians if were all gods children is Jesus our brother?

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Again, do you believe in the Big Bang theory or not?

All that stuff you speaking on is extra talk

Óðinn
12-20-2014, 02:13 PM
supposedly, during the Big Bang, there where two universes. The one we're in, that's moving forward in time and an alternate one that's moving backwards in time.

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 02:33 PM
lol Again, do you believe in the Big Bang theory?

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

You ask someone a question & they rationalize and totally forget the question

Is this outta fear? or pride?? Do you need more time to think?

Rant
12-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Yes. It is more reasonable to believe in something which can provide the more rational argument for its basis. While we cannot /prove/ the big bang, as of yet, it is more substantially scrutinized by the physicists whom have researched, and propagated its principality.

Óðinn
12-20-2014, 02:52 PM
do you believe in the Big Bang theory?

Yes.

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Finally, a straight up answer ... Rant a simple yes or no answers the question. Your answer was defensive and off topic. Extra info.

So 2FUEL
Where did the matter for space come from?

Óðinn
12-20-2014, 03:12 PM
So 2FUEL
Where did the matter for space come from?

Honestly? I don't know... i've a few different theories, each as mad as the last lol. No idea though. Why?

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Honestly? I don't know... i've a few different theories, each as mad as the last lol. No idea though. Why?

Wow another straight up answer

My little cousin likes to play pretend & I listen to her so why don't you go right ahead and share your personal Big Bang pseudoscience to the world, it can't be any worse than the rest that is already out there

I'm interested to see your take

Óðinn
12-20-2014, 03:38 PM
Wow another straight up answer

My little cousin likes to play pretend & I listen to her so why don't you go right ahead and share your personal Big Bang pseudoscience to the world, it can't be any worse than the rest that is already out there

I'm interested to see your take

Lmao.

One theory, Space has always been there, it's infinite like time. Nothing but gas clouds, floating there and getting bigger an bigger by collecting other elements from other gas clouds. Then one 'day' two massive gas clouds collide, the elements in each has a reaction with one another which creates the big bang.

That's my main theory.

Obey
12-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Beginning and end is man made. There's nothing out there that proves there's a beginning or end, things just happen. It's too much to fathom for us that is might have not just started and was there.

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Lmao.

One theory, Space has always been there, it's infinite like time. Nothing but gas clouds, floating there and getting bigger an bigger by collecting other elements from other gas clouds. Then one 'day' two massive gas clouds collide, the elements in each has a reaction with one another which creates the big bang.

That's my main theory.

That's interesting ... So your other theory is way less complex?

Óðinn
12-20-2014, 07:10 PM
That's interesting ... So your other theory is way less complex?

Yeah, lol :high:

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Here's my theory...

There's nothing special about Earth cuz there is so much evidence for life on other planets. I mean hard facts and empirical evidence absolutely everywhere & not only that when I think about Hiroshima and Nagasaki being bombed it all makes sense.

Hiroshima then...
http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/g_l/levine/bomb/hiro2.gif

Hiroshima today
http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/kids/KPSH_E/hiroshima_e/sadako_e/subcontents_e/images_e/17_1.jpg

It only makes sense that a big explosion happened in the beginning. You see it! You can't deny it. It's right there in front of your eyes! Then lightning hit the swamp. And the rest is history...

*Bam*
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BMRcKy0VvIc/TqYi7JGQD0I/AAAAAAAACd0/_KvF9_NE-v0/s1600/Schaefers1_strip.jpg

we here now!

Óðinn
12-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Yeah, i get'cha man. The way i look at that "evidence of life everywhere"... is all the elements that reacted and exploded, created the universe and ended up creating planets. Is spread throughout the universe, each planet would have the same to very similar elements as the one before and after it. Some planets would be further on in development depending on their location with their suns, but regardless would still contain bacteria with or without "life" being so called present.

COFFIN DODGER
12-20-2014, 08:56 PM
according to a family guy episode it was stewie griffin who created the universe lol ..seriously though , scientists can date the universe to between 14-16 billion years old ,,, so did god just sit round chilling for 14 billion years before thinking 'fuck it , lets have some fun ' ? and then he place one dude on earth and all was good ... but the dude got kinda lonely and the almighty created a bitch ..that REALLY fucked adam up ,(though he was thankful fa a bit of pussy at last) so god planted a few ganja bushes for when eve got on adams nerves ..which was a lot , then the bitch started trippin n chatting to snakes n shit and ate an apple from gods own tree ..which fuckin annoyed him as he told them ' YO , you 2 niggas don't go touching my ma-fuckin fruit tree !!' ...so whats the bitch do ?trust a bitch to fuck things up when all is good lmao !!!!.... naaa I believe in the scientific approach tbh.

Babylon
12-20-2014, 08:59 PM
I don't strictly believe in it, but it's the most viable situation.

I'd take universal explosion backed by science over cosmic jewish zombie who died to cleanse us from the thing he put inside of us any day.

EDIT: I also loathe this defeatist bullshit where everyone states that us stupid apes cannot possibly know how the universe started. Guess what? We couldn't fathom gas powered cars in the 1400's.

You think isaac newton found his discoveries via ipad? No. Stop giving up like gigantic pussies, strive for answers instead of giving up before you even start the search.

DOUBLE EDIT: Why did you format this as a question to atheists? The Big Bang is in no way a tenant of Atheism, my cousin is a Christian who believes in Big Bang cosmology, for example.

Shodan
12-20-2014, 09:27 PM
http://mettahu.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/asutois.jpg

V3numb
12-20-2014, 09:57 PM
the thing about human beings that separate us most from other creatures is the drive to learn, atm not all of us are willing as much, but still there's hope and the fact this thread was created is a good thing

learning is evolution

Babylon
12-20-2014, 10:01 PM
the thing about human beings that separate us most from other creatures is the drive to learn, atm not all of us are willing as much, but still there's hope and the fact this thread was created is a good thing

learning is evolution

Learning is everything. We'd still be bashing sticks together without it, yet you have people like SuperGuy who LITERALLY believe that school is bad for us.

Humanity is an amazing, yet astoundingly ignorant machine.

Hubert Cumberdale
12-20-2014, 10:24 PM
I don't BELIEVE in God, but I'm much further from an atheist. If you want to label me, it's agnostic, but I dont like that. YES, I do believe in the big bang theory.

Babylon
12-20-2014, 10:33 PM
^Atheism and Agnosticism can be held by the same person simultaneously.

An Agnostic atheist is atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity, and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 10:34 PM
lol Why y'all keep bringing up the Bible?

Who said anything about that? I didn't tell y'all to believe in it or the Qu'ran
This ain't that convo...

I'm not about to defend anyone's beliefs

Just saying the Big Bang is a fairy tale...

My little cousin likes fairy tales too guys
Being the grinch that I am if she asks me if it's true, I'll simply tell her no
It's fake just like Santa

Babylon
12-20-2014, 10:35 PM
lol Why y'all keep bringing up the Bible?

Who said anything about that? I didn't tell y'all to believe in it or the Qu'ran
This ain't that convo...

I'm not about to defend anyone's beliefs

Just saying the Big Bang is a fairy tale...

My little cousin likes fairy tales too guys
Being the grinch that I am if she asks me if it's true, I'll simply tell her no
It's fake just like Santa

Your closed mindedness and lack of willingness to actually learn something has been noted.

You will no longer be held as a candidate to have any semblance of actual conversation with.

EDIT: Even though this directly contradicts the above statement, I'd like to know how you think the universe came to be, OP.

Rant
12-20-2014, 10:45 PM

Truth is necessitated by provability. The big bang has not been proven. Therefore we cannot say, with certainty, that the big bang is true.

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 11:11 PM

Cleveland Orenthal Brown Sr. can't prove it's true either

NOBLE
12-20-2014, 11:16 PM
According to the Law of Conservation of Mass, matter (and energy) can neither be created nor destroyed. So to answer your question about where all this matter came from, the answer, according to the Big Bang theory, is that it has always been here. Every molecule, every atom, every material object is composed of mostly empty space. If you sucked out all of the empty space in, let's say the Empire State building and left only the solid matter, it would amount to less than the size of a grain of rice, although it would be a super heavy grain of rice. So according to the theory, the whole universe, devoid of empty space, was once the size of an acorn. It then exploded and has been expanding ever since. A bigger question might be where did the empty space come from? According to the theory, space and time didn't exist until a fraction of a second after the explosion. The biggest mystery is figuring out precisely under what conditions they were created.
But just as a sidenote, one question I've always had is: if the universe is expanding, what is it expanding in? To say something is expanding is to suggest that there is a larger body outside of that thing. For example, I can fill a balloon with air and it expands. It only expands because it is in a much larger room, within which it has space to expand. But the orthodox concept of the universe is that it IS EVERYTHING, so there could be nothing outside of it for it to expand in.

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 11:17 PM
YES, I do believe in the big bang theory.

Okay so...where did the matter from space come from?

You're an okay troll, so you're fairy tale should be somewhat entertaining

SHARK BOY_
12-20-2014, 11:35 PM
the matter did not come fool it just expanded at the time of big bang.

Shodan
12-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Ignore the edit I just made. My criticism stands, but I'm too lazy to retype all of it. So, I will just say that spooky is still a moron.

Spooky Deep
12-20-2014, 11:54 PM
According to the Law of Conservation of Mass, matter (and energy) can neither be created nor destroyed. So to answer your question about where all this matter came from, the answer, according to the Big Bang theory, is that it has always been here.

So no energy was used to create the Big Bang

Or sometimes energy does what it wants...like Eric Cartman

Can't have it both ways...
A "Big Bang" implies there was a beginning to the explosion

Once upon a time...

Collective elements from nowhere with no beginning
With a nondescript mass, shape, & set amount of energy already set in motion
Was self-disturbed and exploded into space that didn't exist

The End

Babylon
12-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Okay so...where did the matter from space come from?

You're an okay troll, so you're fairy tale should be somewhat entertaining

Lol @ you ignoring my posts like a giant fairy.

Afraid someone more intelligent than you might just flip your ignorance filled dismissive ideologies on their heads?

Talk to Nocky and SuperGuy about it, you should have some things in common.

Either way, bro, you're bitch to the core. Oh, and that's the proper way to use "you're." I heard you needed some lessons.

Once upon a time...

The End

How is it hard for you to understand that not everything is known? You'd be the type of person denying the fact that earth is spherical, just because we hadn't discovered it yet. The Big Bang is the most plausible theory as to how the universe started. I challenge you to present another, more efficient one. Not knowing where the egg came from doesn't mean a chicken doesn't still emerge from it. You're stupid, as fuck.

Shodan
12-21-2014, 12:02 AM
Ignore the last edit of this post. Spooky is a moron, and I'm tired as hell. Spooky doesn't know the difference between you're and your, but I was looking at the wrong one.

Spooky Deep
12-21-2014, 12:06 AM
You call people trolls and mock them for being stupid, but you don't even know the difference between "your" and "you're"? You aren't even an okay troll, or somewhat entertaining, yourself. You are just a willfully-ignorant fool.

Go back to your Sunday School class and be an idiot there, you gigantic waste of perfectly breathable oxygen. You're eating up our bandwidth.[COLOR="Silver"]

Has good catch on *your

I don't know who you are tho kid
Introduce yourself to me

Babylon
12-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Has good catch on *your

I don't know who you are tho kid
Introduce yourself to me

I've got you so shook it's beginning to be amusing.

Spooky Deep
12-21-2014, 12:19 AM
Chill out homegirl

lol I'm not keeping up with you like that
What is the prob?

SHARK BOY_
12-21-2014, 12:19 AM
reading half the comments .at this point i don't regret education.lol fuck pink floyd

NOBLE
12-21-2014, 01:10 AM

Once upon a time...

The End

There are definitely holes and gaps left to be filled, questions left to be answered. I think the Big Bang and an expanding "universe" is plausible based on observations such as the Cosmic Microwave Background which keeps moving further and further away when measured and the fact that every solar system and galaxy seems to be moving further from every other solar system and galaxy when measured. I don't think, however, that the Big Bang is anywhere near being a complete theory, but it does answer some questions, perhaps better than any other theory that has been put forth.

Babylon
12-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Chill out homegirl

lol I'm not keeping up with you like that
What is the prob?

Choosing to not do something and being unable to do something are two very different things.