PDA

View Full Version : Two Cents

S A L T
12-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Don't fear innovation.

Reading around and from some feedback, you guys are trying to formulate text rapping within constraints of multies, syllable counts, etc. and y'all stay limited to some basic forms of writing. I'm well aware that shit is necessary to fundamentally craft a sound verse but it can be contorted and fucked with.

You might not agree but from the corners I've visited that what I've noticed from this particular corner...

If something flows... it's fine. If the shit sounds good... it's fine. The problem with text battling is that you can't present the flow for the reader and so you leave it up to them to find it which can fuck with their perceptions.

For all the educated voters out there... before you even consider other fucked up aspects of a textcee's verse, re-read that shit trying to find a proper flow. If you can't than the writer fucked up - it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 tries if the battler did do his shit right.

Don't keep sticking the basics, bros. It limits you, find some original style even if it looks and almost sounds unfamiliar.. maybe thats a step in the right direction. It's the nontraditional shit that captures peoples' attentions and arouses peoples perspectives. Don't be so scared not to only step out of those boundaries but to judge others by them.

And fuck it, even fuck with the rules. Fuck up on purpose - if used correctly it can serve you creatively well. Some of the smartest rappers out there, in some of their verses, literally threw away any preconceived "ideals" or "regulations" for "proper rap" and just went on tangents to deliver a message.. Kendrick Lamar for example does it kinda often.

Just something to keep in mind, guys.

peace. :high:

Insuppressible
12-17-2014, 02:17 AM
pronunciation paranoia sucks

SAND
12-17-2014, 08:16 AM
*slow clap*

But nah I've always felt like I've been confining myself to this one or two styles

S A L T
12-17-2014, 03:38 PM
pronunciation paranoia sucks

truuu