PDA

View Full Version : (Yet another) ideas to boost LB thread

Babylon
12-14-2014, 10:46 PM
First off you faggot mods if I find that this thread is moved to one of your shitty fucking sub-boards with about 3 total views in 2014 I'll copy/paste this back into general discussion until you ban me for it, not a single person will see it if you move it. (mini-rant over, I'm sorry about that.)

So since EtH was talking about some pretty dope stuff in the chatbox just now, I wanted to make a thread about suggestions. Essentially, you should post things that you think would benefit LB here. Once this thread gets quite a bit of responses, I will create a strawpoll that will hold them. Each suggestion that gets a great reaction will be then-on spammed on LB, until it is either talked about by the managment or we get banned for spamming.

Either way, these threads often get so overlooked that by the time Pugz has the opportunity to actually do any of this shit, these threads are buried under all the other things in the forums. A PM a day with a pre-made image (that will be create once the suggestions are all taken in) will annoy the fuck out of someone until they AT THE VERY LEAST talk about it to us, and possibly brainstorm on ways to change/expand on the said topic at hand.

Aight, so firstly, I am going to expand on something that EtH said in the chatbox (To change basic league to foundation and what not.)

I think that it would be not only very beneficial to activity, but also add an in-depth level of creativity to this site by adding "levels" of some sort. You start at level 0, and when you do things like:

Start a battle.
Win a battle.
Vote on a battle.
Post on the forums.
Create threads.
Refer users.
Etc, this is practically limitless.

You would get "EXP" for it, I understand how retarded & nerdy the concept of "EXP" on a battle website sounds, but we could easily modernize it and make it in such a way that progression is the key, and it will literally boost all aspects of the website. Every couple of levels you could be awarded with small amounts of Exclusive, to not only promote leveling up (Which boosts site activity in numerous ways) but also show reguar users who aren't willing to buy exclusive the benefits of it first hand, possibly persuading them to purchase it in the future.

Think about it, you'd be much more include to battle & vote if in 2 more levels you get some Exclusive. People would be respected by their level in the same way a LOT of people are for their forum posts.

Thoughts / Suggestions of your own?

COFFIN DODGER
12-14-2014, 10:57 PM
lol actually I suggested a newbie league and eth was suggesting ways it could be implemented . my point was that newbies come here , post an open or two and get sniped . I said when they join , they should go straight into a newbie league to battle other newbies without getting thrashed by more experienced battlers and quitting after a battle or two as they get disheartened and leave . as we said in chat , we would want vets to vote on the newbie battles , but also give advice on how to improve . but yeah , what eth added makes sense , I have already sent a pm to admin suggesting the idea so will see what they think .
peace , venom

Subreal
12-14-2014, 10:58 PM
level restricted tournaments

Babylon
12-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Money incentives for winning big battles. maybe like $25 for the winner of the LBT/LBA title match per card. $25 for the winners of secondary tourneys. $50-75 for GC's. this will give people some extra money to start doing cash battles.. as well as motivate battlers more than just a title.

First of all, I think that there should already be a chart that shows a certain percentage of the money that donations go to. More important things would get a higher percentage and what not.

If they did this, then added a category for battle payments as you suggested, there would be a fund that (hopefully) would always have money in it to give to battlers who win these big battles.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

level restricted tournaments

This would also be a great way to motivate users to level up, you could have "Level 30 tourneys" where only users level 30 and up could participate.

Think about it, if somone was level 23 they'd be posting and battling like crazy to get into that tournament.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

lol actually I suggested a newbie league and eth was suggesting ways it could be implemented . my point was that newbies come here , post an open or two and get sniped . I said when they join , they should go straight into a newbie league to battle other newbies without getting thrashed by more experienced battlers and quitting after a battle or two as they get disheartened and leave . as we said in chat , we would want vets to vote on the newbie battles , but also give advice on how to improve . but yeah , what eth added makes sense , I have already sent a pm to admin suggesting the idea so will see what they think .
peace , venom

Sniping is the biggest newbie killer on the site. No one is going to want to stay when the first battle they post gets sniped by Bnas and they lose to some shitty pre-written verse. When I first joined I quit three seperate times because of this bullshit, sniping kills LB slowly but surely. My problem is that there simply isn't enough newbie members to warrant a league for it, it would be even more dead than the basic arena. Sniping at the very least adds activity.

ELOH STACKz
12-14-2014, 11:52 PM
LB is working hard behind the scenes to address the activity issue. There are things being set in motion to expand the site & attract new users. The wheels are churning. It's gonna take a community effort though. So once we launch the new campaign, we r gonna need everybody to promote this fuck out of it. Word Of Mouth is the best advertising.

Babylon
12-14-2014, 11:54 PM
LB is working hard behind the scenes to address the activity issue. There are things being set in motion to expand the site & attract new users. The wheels are churning. It's gonna take a community effort though. So once we launch the new campaign, we r gonna need everybody to promote this fuck out of it. Word Of Mouth is the best advertising.

That's awesome to hear, I'm interested in this "new campaign" you speak of.

Rant
12-15-2014, 12:08 AM
See my thread in the ideas sub-forum, for my responses to this thread.

Shodan
12-15-2014, 12:33 AM
One thing I have wondered about is the idea of scrapping the W/L battle records and replacing them with ELO ratings a la chess or checkers. Perhaps there could also be a setting only allowing people with a certain rating to reply to open battles you drop. In this way, snipers could be punished and stronger battlers could post opens with little-to-no fear of having them picked up by a n00b, Bnas, etc. I think the #1 reason people don't post opens is fear of having wasted bars (though, of course, laziness is a very close #2).

Say everyone started off with a rating of 1000. You could only go so high just by sniping total newbies and people who mainly lose battles. It would get to the point that, after a while, it would be basically impossible to advance any further. It would also make the battle records more accurate; the idea of a system where Bnas has a higher ranking than I do is just fucking ridiculous.

ELOH STACKz
12-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Ppl keep mentioning Bnas sniping, lmfao

Supsie
12-15-2014, 04:17 AM
Hastur & stevevenom some good ideas I think it would be cool to have track battles a thing as in the same set up as audio battles but theres two tracks uploaded with the same beat and add track battle record next to audio an text record and there could even be collabs like two on two three on three.
The exp idea is ok aswell Rant will want all the exp he can get so he can become a lvl 100 snorlax.

Phil Banks
12-15-2014, 11:30 AM
such a waste of time.... lol 100$ a month advertising on allhiphop.com is what LB needs nothin more or less

Hubert Cumberdale
12-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Stop trolling Crysis.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

such a waste of time.... lol 100$ a month advertising on allhiphop.com is what LB needs nothin more or less

You know nothing you troll. People are working behind the scenes and cash battles are being added.

Godbody
12-15-2014, 12:35 PM
I think all of these idea threads are stupid wastes of time

yeah its cool we all have ideas and wanna add 100 more things

but if we have all these ideas and expectations we'll be disappointed when none of em get implemented

let's all rally around 1 or 2 ideas that the site needs to implement the most, so that the staff gets behind it and gets shit done

Babylon
12-15-2014, 01:11 PM
I think all of these idea threads are stupid wastes of time

yeah its cool we all have ideas and wanna add 100 more things

but if we have all these ideas and expectations we'll be disappointed when none of em get implemented

let's all rally around 1 or 2 ideas that the site needs to implement the most, so that the staff gets behind it and gets shit done

Which ones should we rally for?

RULE
12-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Adverts on KOTD's next event battles. Thats what LB needs. The right audience to recieve the adverts. KOTD battles get 300000 ish views, so if you figure at least half the people watching the battles would like to have a go themselves from the comfort of there own home... and BOOM! an advert for Letsbeef.com??? = many new members.

Student
12-15-2014, 02:35 PM
The Problem Is The Administration Is "Too Busy" "Making Moves" "Behind The Scenes" And They're Not To Be Bothered. Also, They Add New Moderators But Those Moderators Are Too Pussy To Start Workarounds To Problems And Start Bothering The Administrators For Solutions.

Godbody
12-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Which ones should we rally for?

the forum has a poll feature

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Adverts on KOTD's next event battles. Thats what LB needs. The right audience to recieve the adverts. KOTD battles get 300000 ish views, so if you figure at least half the people watching the battles would like to have a go themselves from the comfort of there own home... and BOOM! an advert for Letsbeef.com??? = many new members.

if only adverts had a 50% conversion rate...you'd have to cross your fingers for a 20% conversion

but this is one of the most solid ideas so far tbh

Hubert Cumberdale
12-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Muggz, the "general manager" of LB, laughed at me and told me I know nothing when I said that LB's most important thing is to advertise.