PDA

View Full Version : what age is too old to battle ??

COFFIN DODGER
12-10-2014, 02:33 PM
seems some people are surprised I am 46 but can still battle . but certain folks seem to think I should not even be here and that I should be sat on a rocking chair on my porch drinking cocoa and waving my walking stick at people as they walk past shouting ' in my day we didn't have blah blah blah ' .... well fuck that , I enjoy battling and beating guys half my fucking age . so , when are you guys gonna give up battling ? as soon as you hit 30 ? 40 ? age is not a barrier to ability, I have elevated loads in the past few months , and if some of the ageist faggots didn't know my age then they would not have even said a word about it as they would not have had a fuckin clue that a middle aged guy was beating their asses . so , if ya don't like it then go fuck yaselves , but you should welcome people from any ethnic origin and of any age ..so long as they love battling then that's the only thing that counts . if you agree/disagree then please state your reasons why , or send this 'old man' some bars so I can prove age is no barrier .

Louie Dawgs
12-10-2014, 02:37 PM
On the real, Ion't see why you get sensitive about it, everybody here gets clowned for something.

COFFIN DODGER
12-10-2014, 02:49 PM
lol I aint bothered by it , as I said I don't give a fuck what people think as I will carry on battling regardless , but would be interested to see if any guys battling today will still be doing it in 20 years time ..

Row
12-10-2014, 03:02 PM
seems some people are surprised I am 46 but can still battle . but certain folks seem to think I should not even be here and that I should be sat on a rocking chair on my porch drinking cocoa and waving my walking stick at people as they walk past shouting ' in my day we didn't have blah blah blah ' .... well fuck that , I enjoy battling and beating guys half my fucking age . so , when are you guys gonna give up battling ? as soon as you hit 30 ? 40 ? age is not a barrier to ability, I have elevated loads in the past few months , and if some of the ageist faggots didn't know my age then they would not have even said a word about it as they would not have had a fuckin clue that a middle aged guy was beating their asses . so , if ya don't like it then go fuck yaselves , but you should welcome people from any ethnic origin and of any age ..so long as they love battling then that's the only thing that counts . if you agree/disagree then please state your reasons why , or send this 'old man' some bars so I can prove age is no barrier .

COFFIN DODGER
12-10-2014, 03:06 PM
yo Row .. did you know I was 46 bro lmao ???

Student
12-10-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm Literally Half Your Age And I Feel Too Old To Be Here, Maybe Because I Started When I Was 14 Though. I Think It's Fine Though Man, Do You. In The End? Who Gives A Fuck.

Babylon
12-10-2014, 03:18 PM
On the real, Ion't see why you get sensitive about it, everybody here gets clowned for something.

This.

But nah OP, everyone will fuck with you because of it but as long as you continually elevate your bar game and stay a real dude you'll earn respect, then most of the bullshit will die down.

They'll only call you an old dude until it becomes played, then bars about it will be seen as whack because everyone who battles you says practically the same shit.

Shodan
12-10-2014, 03:21 PM
In my opinion, age, in terms of rap battling, should be a non-factor. Same with gender, skin color, body shape, height, weight, etc. I find it likely that I am not the youngest person on here (though anyone younger than me probably isn't going around and mentioning that). You may not be the oldest - and, again, anyone older than you probably isn't going around and mentioning that.

Rap battling, at least in the context of words on a screen being aimed at two users of an online community, isn't about the person behind the words, or the person behind the screen. It is about what you write. If you can write lines, elevate your game, and contribute to this community, then by all means, go for it.

Babylon
12-10-2014, 03:23 PM
^Church.

lllllllllllll
12-10-2014, 03:27 PM
If your not famous for it or atleast have a buzz surrounding your name, over the age of 30 is too old to even consider it. Just leave that hobby alone

As for doing it for fun such as LB, theres no real age limit.. But I'd kind've think you were a total fuck up in life, wife left you because you didn't shave, stank, Funky ass feet, teeth dirty, ugly & musty af, got hella computers with the latest video games, and just bitch made overall..

Other than that.. Keep doing what your doing fam.

Manhattan
12-10-2014, 03:34 PM
stevevenom is the Ice-T of LB

COFFIN DODGER
12-10-2014, 04:18 PM
If your not famous for it or atleast have a buzz surrounding your name, over the age of 30 is too old to even consider it. Just leave that hobby alone

As for doing it for fun such as LB, theres no real age limit.. But I'd kind've think you were a total fuck up in life, wife left you because you didn't shave, stank, Funky ass feet, teeth dirty, ugly & musty af, got hella computers with the latest video games, and just bitch made overall..

Other than that.. Keep doing what your doing fam.

lmao hell no ... that's why I left HER !! and yeah , I got consoles from the 80s til the present day as I am a collector , but not ps4 or xbox one yet . and fuck up ? dude , I am writing a novel which I can see being made into a film so we will see in a couple of years lol

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

stevevenom is the Ice-T of LB

trying to work out if that's an insult or compliment lmao ... and yeah ..suppose the English version of 'ice-t' would be something like 'lukewarm earl grey ' ....

Louie Dawgs
12-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm Literally Half Your Age And I Feel Too Old To Be Here, Maybe Because I Started When I Was 14 Though. I Think It's Fine Though Man, Do You. In The End? Who Gives A Fuck.
True shit I was 17 when I started on this site. Every time I log on I feel like an old man posting on here at 25. Every time I dissapear I always think that I won't ever post on here again, yet eventually I feel the itch to get back on letsbeef.

ILLoKWENT
12-10-2014, 04:55 PM
How old do u think eminem..rakim....run dmc... etc. Is..they still rappin.. still got hiphop in their soul..Shits never to old.. as long as u aint tryin to hit on one of us..i dont see no problem

COFFIN DODGER
12-10-2014, 05:12 PM
How old do u think eminem..rakim....run dmc... etc. Is..they still rappin.. still got hiphop in their soul..Shits never to old.. as long as u aint tryin to hit on one of us..i dont see no problem

lmao !! dude , I am here to hit with verbal punches , not my fucking dick ! :) seriously though , I enjoy this shit as much as guys half my age , just wanna elevate and keep winning and show age is no barrier to bars ...

Supsie
12-10-2014, 05:19 PM
I say here now, before all!! Let the old rap!! Dance to the rhythm of sick beats!! And spit many ill bars to come!!..... till they brake a hip.

JAGNEW
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I ain't even half your age, lol.

COFFIN DODGER
12-10-2014, 07:46 PM
louiedawg Babylon Row Bleu clippyclip Hastur Manhattan Student Rant

old age ..

http://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_details.php?section=tb&id=66221

Erupt da Monsta
12-10-2014, 07:57 PM
lol @ ICE T of lb ..Yall do realize bro is pushing 50 years old .. lol... wow... that has to be some kind of LB record tbh.... How long have you been doing this? Are you retired? Bro at that age I would be thinking about wife, kids, grandkids, building my family and making a difference somehow... but I guess LB is cool for a hobby but damn brah I'm curious as to why you are pushing 50 years old and still online battling... no hate just real curious that's unheard of I think UA is like 36 or some shit

COFFIN DODGER
12-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Erupt .. I do it cos I enjoy it , simple as . I am a carer , so have a lot of free time at night times . single as I ditched my 'headache in a dress ' 3 years ago ... my daughter expecting her first baby in mid January .. I worked in a taxi office in Bristol ( st pauls ) with a mostly jamiacan staff and had to learn to verbally defend myself and be quick witted lol ...always enjoyed writing limericks and poems , but my mate in Bristol used to battle rap and I helped him write bars ..he moved away and I moved as well but was still interested and wanted to try for myself , so found this site a couple of years back ..done a few battles and mostly lost . came back this year with a vengeance . so yeah , its fun , I enjoy it , and have time to do it . its either this , or playing c.o.d as uk tv is fucking rubbish at night times so spend time here instead .. nh to anyone who thinks I am too old , but with age comes experience and I try n put it to good use , just wanna elevate and be a decent battler just like everone else ...although these fuckas half my age lol

Erupt da Monsta
12-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Erupt .. I do it cos I enjoy it , simple as . I am a carer , so have a lot of free time at night times . single as I ditched my 'headache in a dress ' 3 years ago ... my daughter expecting her first baby in mid January .. I worked in a taxi office in Bristol ( st pauls ) with a mostly jamiacan staff and had to learn to verbally defend myself and be quick witted lol ...always enjoyed writing limericks and poems , but my mate in Bristol used to battle rap and I helped him write bars ..he moved away and I moved as well but was still interested and wanted to try for myself , so found this site a couple of years back ..done a few battles and mostly lost . came back this year with a vengeance . so yeah , its fun , I enjoy it , and have time to do it . its either this , or playing c.o.d as uk tv is fucking rubbish at night times so spend time here instead .. nh to anyone who thinks I am too old , but with age comes experience and I try n put it to good use , just wanna elevate and be a decent battler just like everone else ...although these fuckas half my age lol

Word yo.... Shit man more power to you.... Do what you enjoy... I see nothing wrong with someone your age doing this... Poetry is def a good outlet... Keep doing what you do and if LB gives you that outlet then it is what it is. I still think you should get some type of reward for being on here at this age haha crazy man. Good to see you doing what you enjoy though.:cool:

COFFIN DODGER
12-10-2014, 09:37 PM
hell yeah ... its attitude that counts , battling is an art form , and I am a 46 year old novice who wants to be known as an 'old master ' , so gonna keep battling and improving til I can mix it with the best ...and prove that you CAN teach an ol' dog new tricks :)

Phil Banks
12-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Battling get's old on it's own but as it artist I don't think there is any age where you are no longer creative or have a need to find an outlet…. do you bruh

COFFIN DODGER
12-11-2014, 10:19 AM
cypher I done called 'old age' , read n rate !

http://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_details.php?section=tb&id=66221

SHARK BOY_
12-11-2014, 10:26 AM
When you're ETH age.you should stop battling and start trolling

Mob_Figure
12-12-2014, 09:23 PM
If its something you like/enjoy, it dont matter the age just be careful wit hoes who tell you they legal.

COFFIN DODGER
12-12-2014, 09:30 PM
lmao ..shit , my daughter is 22 and she has some fine lookin friends ..but I at the age where I thinking 'heh..is your mom a milf ?'

Liquid Wolf
12-13-2014, 05:31 PM
can't believe i'm 3 years older than your daughter thats crazy af!!!!
but yeah if its something you enjoy keep doing it

fuck it

Hubert Cumberdale
12-13-2014, 05:42 PM
When you're ETH age.you should stop battling and start trolling

I'm 22, why do people assume I'm old?

RULE
12-13-2014, 05:45 PM
cuz u been here forever

No One Important
12-14-2014, 03:21 AM
lmao ..shit , my daughter is 22 and she has some fine lookin friends ..but I at the age where I thinking 'heh..is your mom a milf ?'

ROTFLMFAOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NOBLE
02-07-2023, 08:44 AM
I think it depends on what you rap about. Hip Hop is more about authenticity and the concept of "keeping it real" than anything else, and whether rightly or wrongly, a lot of people judge authenticity by perception. For example, if you look like Slim Jesus and you're rapping about toting guns and running the hood, a lot of people are just not going to believe you, and it almost doesn't matter how good your raps are once you are held in doubt. The same thing goes with being old. If you're looking like gramps but rapping about certain things that are more of a young man's domain, it will not be accepted. But if your content was "age-appropriate" or at least believable to the masses in terms of what they think someone your age would be concerned with, if it is backed by skills, I think people will like it. Hip Hop as a genre and artform just turned 50 years old so we're not quite used to seeing people of a certain age doing it. Some of our oldest artists are just over 50, and the ones who are still somewhat relevant aren't rapping about the same things anymore, unless they're performing old songs.
I'll leave you with this quote from Rakim:

"Timeless, so age don't count in the booth/
When your flow stay submerged in the fountain of youth"

RhymeSmoke
02-07-2023, 03:55 PM
I think it depends on what you rap about. Hip Hop is more about authenticity and the concept of "keeping it real" than anything else, and whether rightly or wrongly, a lot of people judge authenticity by perception. For example, if you look like Slim Jesus and you're rapping about toting guns and running the hood, a lot of people are just not going to believe you, and it almost doesn't matter how good your raps are once you are held in doubt. The same thing goes with being old. If you're looking like gramps but rapping about certain things that are more of a young man's domain, it will not be accepted. But if your content was "age-appropriate" or at least believable to the masses in terms of what they think someone your age would be concerned with, if it is backed by skills, I think people will like it. Hip Hop as a genre and artform just turned 50 years old so we're not quite used to seeing people of a certain age doing it. Some of our oldest artists are just over 50, and the ones who are still somewhat relevant aren't rapping about the same things anymore, unless they're performing old songs.
I'll leave you with this quote from Rakim:

"Timeless, so age don't count in the booth/
When your flow stay submerged in the fountain of youth"

This is in text so none of that really matters...kats on here hide behind they profiles anyway, so what realness can they even show? But yeah im waitin for cover rappers to be a thing...