PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Cassidy's return

Godbody
12-08-2014, 11:17 AM
so a video came out post-rematch and Cassidys with his peoples all gassin it like he won the battle... & i'd have to agree..but sadly, those were some of the worst bars I ever heard in my life and it was cringe worthy how repetitive his lines were and how basic his rhymes were

i'll come up with some generic Cassidy shit right now

I let the clip spit, bitch you know I spit sick/I'll light you up like a tree when its Christmas!

its just horrible, ABC123 nursery rhyme shit...& that's my issue with the battle...Dizaster is a much better battler but he didn't bring it, and Cassidy was definitely way more collected in the rematch. I think the smaller crowd helped relax him or w/e & he had the presence/calmness part down pat compared to Dizaster...definitely felt like Cassidy controlled the crowd but at the same time he had more ppl with him

idk, I just feel like they should never give Cassidy an opportunity to battle again....he talked all that shit and came out with some 2005 letsbeef textcee shit..smfh...but since ppl feel like he beat Dizaster, they'll definitely toss Cass another bone, smh

inb4 Cassidy vs Conceited

Rant
12-08-2014, 11:35 AM
I haven't seen it yet. I'll be back to comment in this thread once I have.

Obey
12-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Diz 2-1

Liquid Wolf
12-08-2014, 06:47 PM
so a video came out post-rematch and Cassidys with his peoples all gassin it like he won the battle... & i'd have to agree..but sadly, those were some of the worst bars I ever heard in my life and it was cringe worthy how repetitive his lines were and how basic his rhymes were

i'll come up with some generic Cassidy shit right now

I let the clip spit, bitch you know I spit sick/I'll light you up like a tree when its Christmas!

its just horrible, ABC123 nursery rhyme shit...& that's my issue with the battle...Dizaster is a much better battler but he didn't bring it, and Cassidy was definitely way more collected in the rematch. I think the smaller crowd helped relax him or w/e & he had the presence/calmness part down pat compared to Dizaster...definitely felt like Cassidy controlled the crowd but at the same time he had more ppl with him

idk, I just feel like they should never give Cassidy an opportunity to battle again....he talked all that shit and came out with some 2005 letsbeef textcee shit..smfh...but since ppl feel like he beat Dizaster, they'll definitely toss Cass another bone, smh

inb4 Cassidy vs Conceited

Cassidy has 2 more battles in his contract
Lush confirmed the 2nd to be against Daylyt

Cass getting 400k

Mr Chicken killing niggas with played bars and almost getting half a mill

if you were a battle rapper you would be pissed right now

NOBLE
12-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I didn't even catch the first one. I'm guessing Diz won that?

Supsie
12-08-2014, 07:20 PM
did cassidy win? i hope so Diz is a punk

Spooky Deep
12-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I feel embarrassed to call myself a battle rap fan :(
After all that

I take that back
I don't ever wanna be associated with battle rap

Erupt da Monsta
12-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Cass won the first and last round..... The whole impression of diss... double dog triple dog dare you... thought it was a decent battle just over hyped.. Cass is rusty and its his first battle in ages and he did well for his first one back. His second will be better. He didn't forget his lines, and tbh he did better than any "recognized" artist has done. Bars were subpar from both.. but both had a couple haymakers too.

Cass 2-1 .. You can even see the look on Dizz's face late third and after the battle he knew he lost.

Subreal
12-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Cass won the first and last round..... The whole impression of diss... double dog triple dog dare you... thought it was a decent battle just over hyped.. Cass is rusty and its his first battle in ages and he did well for his first one back. His second will be better. He didn't forget his lines, and tbh he did better than any "recognized" artist has done. Bars were subpar from both.. but both had a couple haymakers too.

Cass 2-1 .. You can even see the look on Dizz's face late third and after the battle he knew he lost.

I'mma co-sign. I'm glad he came thru on the rematch, because whatever that shit was before the rematch, it looked like cassidy was fking terrible but he pulled it together

Erupt da Monsta
12-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I'mma co-sign. I'm glad he came thru on the rematch, because whatever that shit was before the rematch, it looked like cassidy was fking terrible but he pulled it together

Word. I honestly think that shit could have been staged.. idk... Cass's whole demeanor was different the second time around lol.... Even Diss wasn't going hard in the first match... something was fishy from the jump. Either that or nerves... hard to tell.

J u s T C
12-08-2014, 09:43 PM
It's hard for me to give Cass* that last round with that stupid barber shop shit. I thought his best material was when he wasn't using cookie cutter punches and was actually clowning Diz.

Cass got the stage presence and crowd control Diz shoulda had with all his years of experience it was crazy and I was really impressed with that aspect of his verses.

Yeah some of his shit was played but after what Canibus and Budden brought you gotta give the man his due. He broke the trend/stopped the bleeding.

I'm not even judging it by rounds. All in all Cass was just better and deserves the win imo.

I'd gladly watch him battle again. He just has a way of making you pay attention and listen to what he's saying.

He got charisma out the ass. If he can just vary his flow and drop more consistently he could be a problem (pun intended)

They also need to ditch the stage and crowd shit and go back to how they were forced to hold the rematch. small intimate venues. it's sooooooooo much more involved and engaging.

D3FIANCE
12-08-2014, 11:50 PM
lmao, Diz proved he can't perform w/ a small crowd

Godbody
12-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Word. I honestly think that shit could have been staged.. idk... Cass's whole demeanor was different the second time around lol.... Even Diss wasn't going hard in the first match... something was fishy from the jump. Either that or nerves... hard to tell.

Thats what i was sayin in the 1st post...shit, I think the 1st match was too 'mainstream' looking. the stage, lights, cameras, Lush One on the mic hosting on some corny Nick Cannon shit

the 2nd time around it felt more like the time Cassidy battled Freeway...yeah it was mad heads but it wasnt a stage, lights, etc...it was a classic Fight Club feeling & i think Cass felt like he was back in his element

it's funny because Cassidy was talkin all this shit about how he performed in front of mad crowds, was mad prepared etc etc & I thought he was just barkin...but no lie, dude is wild nice at controlling a crowd

lllllllllllll
12-09-2014, 10:18 AM
It's hard for me to give Cass* that last round with that stupid barber shop shit. I thought his best material was when he wasn't using cookie cutter punches and was actually clowning Diz.

Cass got the stage presence and crowd control Diz shoulda had with all his years of experience it was crazy and I was really impressed with that aspect of his verses.

Yeah some of his shit was played but after what Canibus and Budden brought you gotta give the man his due. He broke the trend/stopped the bleeding.

I'm not even judging it by rounds. All in all Cass was just better and deserves the win imo.

I'd gladly watch him battle again. He just has a way of making you pay attention and listen to what he's saying.

He got charisma out the ass. If he can just vary his flow and drop more consistently he could be a problem (pun intended)

They also need to ditch the stage and crowd shit and go back to how they were forced to hold the rematch. small intimate venues. it's sooooooooo much more involved and engaging.

All this here.

Just felt like old cass to me when he use to come on radio shows and go off..

He def gotta stop with the simple shit though. And i noticed how they fucked up hit hitman holla shit cause he was using his bous at first then they started talking thtough it. You can hear it if you listen closely. He got mad as hell haha

HandWrapz
12-09-2014, 10:47 AM
I wanted cass to get beat after his last few interviews.
I thought diz would kill him..

Cass won to me.. its all a preference. I personally think it was 2-1. I gave 2nd round to disaster, he went personal and Cass was not attacking a lot this round.. If you think cass edged 2nd round and 3-0'd him. You may be right..."under the cover cuzz ya pop, pooping ya mom".. and that last bar, "you know what rhymes with Trash Dizaster, cab dispatcher, swaggless rapper, Arabic bachelor that fuck with boys on the low like a catholic pastor".
IDC..That shit was Hard!!!

Cassidy vs Mook next..
Im definitely going Mook.

Hubert Cumberdale
12-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Are guys like Budden, Cass and Canibus actually big names getting loads of cash or are they using this to score some money?

Like are these guys proof that the battle industry is thriving or proof that the rap industry is not? I can't really tell. I personally have never heard one of their songs on the radio in my life, and the only tv one I've seen is that horrendous Cass "They MC" song, but I have no scooby what America would be like with these dudes you know.

J u s T C
12-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Saying it was staged to suit cass by getting him off the stage and into a closed doors re match is the biggest bullshit nonsense.

Both of them sucked on stage. Diz has had more close quarters battles on Cam than Cass and Cass has been on stage a million times more than Diz. That idea makes no sense.

The fact is, like with all staged venues (Looking at you SMACK) The crowds are garbage full of ignorant crowds.

They never if very rarely work out.

The organisers are out right armatures. How are they STILL having sound issues? REALLY?

Hanger on faggots crowding the stage.
Idiots in the crowd booing so often I'd swear they pre arrange to turn up just to boo and fuck up the shows and intern making for terrible streams/final footage from a sound stand point. You have to FOCUS to catch what someones saying, it's awful.

Could you imagine if you went to the cinema or a play and the crowd kept booing every time an actor went to open his mouth?

Which brings me to the final problem.

It comes across as fake staged nonsense.

The old style works better because it's intimate, it's raw. it's like 2 gladiators clashing wanting to rip each others head off.

The only reason they ended up switching venue is because the flawed crowd concept forced their hand.

Hubert Cumberdale
12-09-2014, 11:21 AM
I wish I saw it like two gladiators wanting to rip each other's heads off. I see it more like two guys dissing each other via poetry.

J u s T C
12-09-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm talking the contrast between the 2.

Not everything requires a sarcy comment.

Hubert Cumberdale
12-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Alright mum.

But really it's why I can't watch it anymore. Just feels cheesy, where as I know well that people do honestly see it like dudes going to war.

Nick a raw wha
12-09-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm holding a nine like a dude lost a thumb

Hubert Cumberdale
12-09-2014, 02:51 PM
You sneezed?

Flako Boom
12-09-2014, 03:02 PM
cassidy bodied diz, even with his style and diz style as well...diz got played like a game of chest...

Student
12-09-2014, 03:15 PM
cassidy bodied diz, even with his style and diz style as well...diz got played like a game of chest...

What The Fuck Is Chest?

Nick a raw wha
12-09-2014, 03:21 PM
I SWEAR SOME YALL DUDES UNEDUCATED FUCKING TWITS

GAME OF CHEST NIGGA? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT NIGGA? SEEING WHO HAS THE MORE BIGGER MAN BREAST OR BREAST HAIR?

WHAT IS IT?

I SWEAR YO, WHO RAISED THESE NIGGAS?

Babylon
12-09-2014, 04:19 PM
1V1 ME IN CHEST FUCKBOYS

Flako Boom
12-09-2014, 04:43 PM
thats right isaid chest niggas,,did i sttuttter

Hubert Cumberdale
12-09-2014, 05:03 PM
What The Fuck Is Chest?

That thing girls never let you touch.

Flako Boom
12-09-2014, 05:19 PM
LMAO,,that was good,,

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

lets just say then casidy bodied the fuck at dizasters chest

lllllllllllll
12-09-2014, 07:00 PM
he didn't BODY dizaster.. he may have won.. but not a BODY imo

Babylon
12-09-2014, 07:09 PM
I don't even fuck with Diz as much as I used to anymore, but he clearly won for me.

Diz had a average Diz performance, but I just think this fluidity, aggresion, cadence, delivery and bars overshadowed Cass.

Cass is:
Spit a bar
Pause.
Spit a bar
Pause.
Spit a bar
Pause.

When diz is just
Spit a bar
Spit a bar
Spit a bar
Regular Diz interjecture/stumbles
Spit a bar
Spit a bar
Spit a bar

I got Diz taking this 2-1 IF not 3-0 honestly. Cassidy came with basic, average week/weak, cash/cass wordplay, matched with irrelevant bar structure and slowly delivered, lackluster flow-ability. When you break each down, I don't really see how you can have Cassidy taking this, unless of course you don't care about bars and rather let personality and history take place of it, which is totally understandable.

Frantikk
12-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Cassidy was garbage.. I don't see how you couldn't see it as 2-1 Diz. I mean Dizaster was on some super watered down weak shit, but lyrically still well above Cass. I honestly felt like Dizaster took a dive in this battle, it's either that or he's really falling off.

Godbody
12-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Prior to the battle Cassidy was sayin he got shit down pat as far as his presence, delivery, controlling a crowd, etc

i think thats why he won this. he kept his composure and had the crowd throughout. i def think Cassidy had more ppl with him than Diz though...so that helped him a lot... Diz definitely had the better bars, but Cass hit em with a lot of baby jabs that actually meant shit whereas Dizaster makes sense but he uses too many multis to get to the point...sometimes the scheme shit works but look how easily Cassidy flipped it on em..

Diz got it lyrically but Cassidy got it in just about every other category, so overall Cassidy got it.

Frantikk
12-09-2014, 10:29 PM
You see the interview where Diz said he out-wrote Eminem for this battle?? Lol! I mean, I get you are promoting something here but if he was referring to any of the verses he spit for Cass? Bold face lie smh

Still I agree, Cassidy rocked the crowd better and did have well rounded angles.. problem is every approach was basic and corny imo. Diz didn't do much better, but just because people nut hug Cassidy for having a 'name' he obviously gets better reactions.

Student
12-10-2014, 02:21 AM
I Didn't Even Watch It But If Cass Won, He Only Won Cause He's Cass.