PDA

View Full Version : Toot my own horn.

Obey
12-04-2014, 06:15 PM
I've recently become a little angered, nothing serious. But I was reading a battle I did months ago, and honestly.. the material was real dope to me. Yet, majority of the votes said it's an ''Alright battle'', it was ''cool.'' Here's the verse, please tell me how this isn't dope lol? The only person who really gave a positive feedback about it being dope was Manhattan.

I have ‘Thrown,Concrete Evidence’ you won’t be a-ROUND TAKING IMPERIAL, CROWNS CHASING THE DEARLY ROLES of ‘Setting Your Name In Stone’ w/ no “GROUND BREAKING MATERIAL”!!?/ He was ‘Lead By Example’ but don’t forGET HE’S EVADING GRIZZ trying to`Capture Em In This Fashion’ LETS ME IN SHADY-DEPTHS to ‘Draw The Conclusion’ why he’s “SKETCHY ENGAGING THREADS”!!!/ It's the same stuff, we'll never SEE NEW SHIT.. to 'Get your hand in the game' it'd have to be WII MOVEMENTS!.. The helps there, JOIN THEM BIGGERS, ASK FOR HELP.. ur a ‘Trapped in-decks nerd’, w/ Pokémon TOYS AND FIGURES CRAFT’D FOR SHELFS so you losing's like ‘Chinese handcuffs’ …only ”POINTING FINGERS AT YOURSELF!”!!!/ (Trapped index) I'm no fan of the dope or the SNUBS HE SPRAYED W/ so 'Weedin ya blood-lines out's' not a leaked-test, it's death for being ''DRUG RELATED!'' U winnin or ‘stiff competiton?’ only IF BRIBES COME THE BEST OPTION'S Stoppin this 'rig, or more tissue in,line’ to GET FRIED W/ THE LED SHOTTY, So ‘I’m no necrophiliac’ but I'll get ‘’A RISE FROM HIS DEAD BODY!’’ (Rigor Mortis you in) U a great? it's 'clouded judgement,' you were DREADIN' THE FAULTS, 'In-demand till' he was mis-LEAD AND YA SAW it was all 'Smoke in the Mirror'.. u've always had ur ''HEAD IN A FOG!'' (Da mantle)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just curious, maybe I'm missing something. But they're all original concepts, but yet.. you put out some watered down shit and people think it's dope because of the name who puts it out. Discuss :grass:

Edit: And most of you know me, I'm very humble. I just personally think I've put out some of the best material in the past year and some of these dudes are getting way too much credit.

Row
12-04-2014, 06:20 PM
only the opener imo

lllllllllllll
12-04-2014, 06:25 PM
LB is just filled with garbage niggas when it comes to actually reading a verse and understanding it completely.. You don't have to be the dopest textee to do that either. People skim over ya shit, miss half of what you said, then pretend its a good vote.. No matter who they voted for.

I had niggas vote for me but they expo's didnt add up worth a shit. Like damn.. It should take you way more than 5 minutes to breakdown someones verse and catch everything..

Student
12-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Felt Like The Flow Was Off TBH

Óðinn
12-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Some nice bars there, TBH. I've seen lot of those concepts before (different spin on'em though), Set in stone/Shady-Sketchy/Hand in game-Wii/....The Pokemon & Index bits where also nice. Ending line was, meh imo... Some nice bars though.

Like Clippy Clip said though, lotta ppl just skim over it or don't even read the ish at all, look at the names voting an make their vote based on that. :high:

ILLoKWENT
12-04-2014, 08:35 PM
The thing that stands out the most is how random the punches seem.is it just me or can anyone tell me who obeys opponent is based off of his bars?....concepts itself were decent to a few good ones... but thats the main issue with your verse... couldve been thrown at anyone....

Proctologist
12-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Yea there was some nice lines feeling the verse

Obey
12-05-2014, 04:40 PM
The thing that stands out the most is how random the punches seem.is it just me or can anyone tell me who obeys opponent is based off of his bars?....concepts itself were decent to a few good ones... but thats the main issue with your verse... couldve been thrown at anyone....

Isn't that a good thing that I can spin bars without having to use name flips? Because if I used more name flips, it'd be ''Too many name flips tbh.''

ILLoKWENT
12-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Isn't that a good thing that I can spin bars without having to use name flips? Because if I used more name flips, it'd be ''Too many name flips tbh.''

Theres nothing wrong wit one or two nameflips in a 32 .u could also mention dudes name or drop some type of personal about him..and mix it in with randoms...atm u allude to your opponent and grizz..but it still doesnt tell me who you battling...say his name at the very least to keep the verse as a whole relavent to ur opponent

SAND
12-05-2014, 04:51 PM
If you feel that's a dope verse, don't worry about the votes or feedback.

I'd understand if you weren't so confident in the verse & wanted honest opinions of it.

But in the end, it's what YOU think that matters.

/shrug

RULE
12-06-2014, 07:03 PM
wording was pretty awkward.. u even had a broken multi. concepts as usual were good but coulda had better execution

in a nutshell.