PDA

View Full Version : FUCK THE POLICE

Doer
12-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Trayvon, mike brown, now this... My uncle is an officer of te law and I'm starting to look at him differently now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ka4oKu1jo

Óðinn
12-04-2014, 12:25 PM
This old ish... Still bullshit though. They've Far to much power.

SAND
12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
It's def not ALL police officers using excessive force n shit

But the ones that are aren't getting punished n that's fucked up

Take that dude in the vid for example, what reason did the officers have place him in a choke hold? I get he was resistant, but there were numerous other ways to neutralize the man

Cops don't know the health statuses of certain ppl, they saw he was a big man..obviously he'd have some heart/circulatory issues

Smh I await the day ppl start using their heads

Spooky Deep
12-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Police have low IQ's but so do most of the niggas they deal with

I hate to use IQ's because it's a subjective thing
But you get my point

And Mike Brown shouldn't be put in the same sentence with Trayvon or Eric Gardner

It doesn't take much to become a police officer just like becoming a petty hustler
This is why I don't hang with excuse making niggas

"He wasn't doing nothing. He wan't doing anything. That's crazy nigga."
I'm like y'all niggas get the fuck away from me just cause I won't say something to the police doesn't mean I'm taking the stand to lie for your dumb ass...

Niggas who believe niggas can't do no wrong are liabilities.
"Get it how you live."

Do your bid homeboy

Obey
12-04-2014, 02:57 PM
When you risk your life everyday to protect people, you're going to get some leeway in the courtroom for a mistake. Given, that was excessive force in my eyes; it's really how the jury sees it. All of you saying ''Fuck the police'' will be the 1st ones calling when your life is in risk. Don't blame the noble men and women who serve everyday to protect us for a couple of bad seeds in the bunch. You want to make a difference and feel so strongly? Join the force and set a good example instead of insulting good people behind a computer screen.

Supsie
12-04-2014, 05:41 PM
FUCK THE POLICE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF EM!! GET THE POLICE OF THE STREETS!!!

Spooky Deep
12-04-2014, 05:55 PM
lol Honestly what does Trayvon have to do with this situation?

This is how you know dude is not thinking & too emotional. TRAYVON didn't get shot by a cop.

Stop watching television brutha...seriously.

Obey
12-04-2014, 06:05 PM
that is some ignorant ass shit

Right? All these dudes talk shit on the police until they need them.

Student
12-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I Know A Few Police Officers And They're Far From Crooked. However, I Understand That There Is Corrupt And Racist Officers Especially In The South / Mid-West But That Doesn't Mean They're ALL Like That.

I Agree On The General Consensus Besides The Generalization Of Cops.

Supsie
12-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Right? All these dudes talk shit on the police until they need them.

Never called them for help once in my life.

TalkSick
12-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Here's an idea if people don't want to have a run in with the cops........Quit breaking the fucking law! If people have such an issue with cops, quit giving them reasons....Simple and 100.

If a cop walks up in your house off duty and punches your child in the face and walks away, then come argue your case. Until then, everyone, not just the poster can start using there fucking head and quit blaming others.

Doer
12-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Here's an idea if people don't want to have a run in with the cops........Quit breaking the fucking law! If people have such an issue with cops, quit giving them reasons....Simple and 100.

If a cop walks up in your house off duty and punches your child in the face and walks away, then come argue your case. Until then, everyone, not just the poster can start using there fucking head and quit blaming others.

The only person that is excused is mike brown. Dude did rob a strore.. That's breaking the law. Still, shooting him was unecessary.. But what did trayvon do to get what he got? Ooh Having a hoody on make you look suspect.. What did dude in the video do that's considered law breaking. Only thing he did was resist arrest and I'm aware of the law stating that an officer can use as much force as they want if the person they are trying to arrest is resisting. Either way, bruh bruh didn't do anything.. cops should have left him alone and carried on to there daily duties. It's like 2fuel said..they have to much power.. If saying this is ignorant then bill maher is a hero. I heard a 12 year old in Ohio got shot by an officer because he was "looking suspicious".. fuck kinda bullshit is that.. Swear to god, if the grand jury lets both of these cases slide past there heads, I'm starting world war 3..

FUCK THA POLICE..:fyou::fyou:

Spooky Deep
12-05-2014, 12:05 AM
lol @ Starting World War 3

I've been saying we should stop begging for "justice" or whatever. We look weak pleading for our lives. This country is soft. Men don't know if they wanna use the Men's or Women's Restroom nowadays. We can forcefully take over shit.

Niggas can Haiti this bitch!

Dean
12-05-2014, 12:36 AM
The chokehold video made me sick. The cop was undoubtedly in the wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

The police officer's 'apology' made me even more upset.

Babylon
12-05-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm too high to have an opinion.

TalkSick
12-05-2014, 07:34 PM
dont get the outrage

the guy resisted arrest .. he was in the chokehold for VERY little time.. not nearly enough to make him pass out let alone die.. and once he was on the ground one cop said "hes down" and the guy releasd the chokehold a second later then the guy was cuffed.. the chokehold was not excessive simply a necessity to get the guy on the ground

he didnt die cus of the chokehold he was asthmatic

are cops supposed to go and ask the medical history of the person they are about to arrest? lmao .. how the fuck would they know he is asthmatic?

yet another situation that could be avoided by simple co-operation

We should probably go start a riot now eh Jay?

I'm glad to see there's someone with some mental stability on current civil rights issues.

FYI in regards to the 12 year old boy, I've seen the video. He was standing in a park with a handgun and pulled it on officers (which turned out to be a fake gun but, besides the point)

Again folks, quit blaming the police. I dislike the way some officers conduct themselves having had numerous run in with them but, I hate excuse makers and "people who fight for civil rights" on STUPID issues a hell of a lot more.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

And Jesse Jackson is a racist piece of shit who needs a solid punch in the throat.

Rain Matrix 1
12-05-2014, 10:26 PM
lol im juggling court dates atm... thats not to mention probation x2, havent been arrested in a week n a half tho im fucking proud

f the police

Dean
12-05-2014, 11:27 PM
The autopsy findings said Garner died as a result of the chokehold, compressions to his chest and prone positioning during his restraint by police.

I don't understand how the 'illegal' chokehold was necessary to restrain him in the first place. That's where my outrage is coming from at least.

Doer
12-05-2014, 11:43 PM
source please

only info i can find is that he died of cardiac arrest in the ambulance

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/eric-garner-death-ruled-homicide-medical-examiner-article-1.1888808#bmb=1

Proctologist
12-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Shits messed up..

NOBLE
12-06-2014, 02:58 AM
White and Black people generally see these situations differently. White people seem to be more focused on the rule of law aspect whereas Blacks are more focused on the personal freedom aspect. You can't assume that in every case they are breaking the law and resisting arrest. There IS a tendency, proven by studies, of police to view young Black men criminally. That dude Rumain Brisbon who was just shot unarmed in Arizona was my younger brother's best friend. He knew both my brothers as well as my mom and everyone who knew him say he was a good dude. It's going to get to the point where we're going to have to start shooting these cops back. We see what happens with the justice system when a muhfucka can get choked to death on live camera and face no repercussions. Things can't continue like this.

Doer
12-06-2014, 09:20 AM
White and Black people generally see these situations differently. White people seem to be more focused on the rule of law aspect whereas Blacks are more focused on the personal freedom aspect. You can't assume that in every case they are breaking the law and resisting arrest. There IS a tendency, proven by studies, of police to view young Black men criminally. That dude Rumain Brisbon who was just shot unarmed in Arizona was my younger brother's best friend. He knew both my brothers as well as my mom and everyone who knew him say he was a good dude. It's going to get to the point where we're going to have to start shooting these cops back. We see what happens with the justice system when a muhfucka can get choked to death on live camera and face no repercussions. Things can't continue like this.

Fucking church.. I also heard about that on the news as well. I'm sorry for the lost man. Hope yall stay strong strong.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying police officers are bad dudes but the way that they handle situations is what pisses me off. Instead of assessing the problem to see what really happened, they ASSUME and yall see what happened due to there assumptions.. What makes it even worse, they were ALL BLACK.. See a white man, shits gucci.. Let him go he doesn't look suspicious at all.. Black man, oh he robbed a store or sold drugs somewhere so let's bag him.. Seems like society is even more corrupted then the civil rights days.

Spooky Deep
12-06-2014, 11:47 AM
The only person that is excused is mike brown. Dude did rob a strore.. That's breaking the law. Still, shooting him was unecessary.. But what did trayvon do to get what he got? Ooh Having a hoody on make you look suspect.. What did dude in the video do that's considered law breaking. Only thing he did was resist arrest and I'm aware of the law stating that an officer can use as much force as they want if the person they are trying to arrest is resisting. Either way, bruh bruh didn't do anything.. cops should have left him alone and carried on to there daily duties. It's like 2fuel said..they have to much power.. If saying this is ignorant then bill maher is a hero. I heard a 12 year old in Ohio got shot by an officer because he was "looking suspicious".. fuck kinda bullshit is that.. Swear to god, if the grand jury lets both of these cases slide past there heads, I'm starting world war 3..

FUCK THA POLICE..:fyou::fyou:

Why do you keep mixing TRAYVON with POLICE BRUTALITY INCIDENTS tho?

You arguing but not reasoning this out...

NOBLE
12-06-2014, 04:37 PM
It's not that these things are getting worse. None of this is new. They're just getting more attention now due to social media. You have to realize that most of the accounts you read in the mainstream media are based on the cops' side of the story. Usually the victims are dead and not around to tell their side, and when they report it, they mention tidbits of information that are not germaine to the situation that led them to be killed like prior arrests and whatnot to demonize them and make it seem like it was within reason that they be shot and killed by the police. In the case of Rumain Brisbon, they mentioned that he was running from his car. They didn't mention that he had bags of food in his hand and was trying to do a quick drop off to his fam. He didn't even see the cops. They mentioned that police found a handgun and marijuana in the vehicle he ran from. They didn't mention that he had a medical card to carry and use medical marijuana and that the handgun was legally registered to him in an Open Carry state. They killed that man in cold blood and that was something that didn't need to happen.

Hubert Cumberdale
12-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm starting to become fucking racist as a result of all this ridiculousness.

Firstly, NOBLE, it's common for police officers to view black people as criminals. COMPLETE bullshit. So you're saying that a dude looking like Obama looks like a criminal? A black doctor looks like a criminal yeah? No. The people you are mentioning are people that are dressing a certain way. It's called profiling (no, not racial profiling) and it's a legitimate police technique. I get stopped by the cops a fair bit. I'm wearing my Air Force One, hoody, trackies, I understand fully why they might stop me and not a dude in a full suit. Police have to make their judgement based on very few things. The area in which they are searching for a criminal. The appearance of the suspect. The attitude of the suspect. If you think that the dude who is courteous to the police and is dressed smartly is more often the criminal than the guy wearing his hat to the dude, chain hanging out with a scar down his face saying Fuck the Police, then you've been watching too many TV shows. Police ARE going to profile people's appearance, and why shouldnt they? They arent convicting anyone based on that. They are questioning them.

And further more, everyone stop acting like fucking race is the issue here. So those fuckheads in Ferguson are so outraged at the big police force hurting black people.....that they smash up small businesses? Fuck off. A white teenager got killed in a slightly worse incident the week after Mike Brown and now a single one of those racist fucks rioted about it.

And if you guys think a headlock is police brutality, you can fuck off. Americans are legally allowed to own a gun. If Im the police, you can be fucking sure I'm rugby tackling any suspect to the ground in America. It only takes one dude to have his gun on him for your life to end.

EVERY problem in these situations comes down to one thing; America being fucking stupid. You guys believe that some million year old law about having the right to have devices created ONLY for the purpose of murder is the way to live by. I love the stupidity of it too. "We need guns to protect ourselves". Let's start with the normal way, against home invaders and shit right? Well if everyone is allowed guns....the chances that your invader also having a gun is MUCH higher. I'd much prefer to get into a fist or knife fight with a potential attacker than a gun fight. I think that's obvious. The other way; against the government. Stupid Americans ACTUALLY believe that they need guns to fight off the Government, lmfao. What the fuck do you think you're gonna do? Take out a SWAT team with your handgun? Fuck off.

Race isn't a thing. I know a few guys of Mexcian descent in America who say reverse racism is getting to be a big deal now. Where a police officer cant arrest a black person because it's such a big deal. Hell, if someone promotes a white person over a black person in a job, boom PR nightmare. I don't even believe this shit too much. Every race outside of middle eastern looking ones are equal. White people get shot all the time too. It's just that black people have this fucked up belief that the only thing important to them are other black things. It's fucking disgusting tbh.

Dean
12-06-2014, 06:03 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/03/eric-garner-grand-jury-declines-indict-nypd-chokehold-death

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

White and Black people generally see these situations differently.

^

Flako Boom
12-06-2014, 07:20 PM
when keeping it real goes wrong..

NOBLE
12-06-2014, 11:07 PM
I'm starting to become fucking racist as a result of all this ridiculousness.
I think you might have already been racist prior to this.

Firstly, NOBLE, it's common for police officers to view black people as criminals. COMPLETE bullshit.
I can literally point to TONS of studies that show Black men are multiple times more likely to be stopped and prosecuted for the same crimes, multiple times more likely to receive heavier penalties for the same crimes, multiple times more likely to be falsely accused and convicted only to be exculpated years later. I can point to studies done on police department training simulations where they are meant to make split second decisions like in a hostage situation and they're more likely to shoot a Black character who is unarmed and miss a White suspect who is actually carrying a weapon. Unless you've done similarly rigorous studies to dispute these findings, you don't have a leg to stand on in calling them complete bullshit.
So you're saying that a dude looking like Obama looks like a criminal? A black doctor looks like a criminal yeah? No. The people you are mentioning are people that are dressing a certain way. It's called profiling (no, not racial profiling) and it's a legitimate police technique.
Profiling is not always based on how you're dressed and Black men have been profiled while wearing business suits or driving cars that were considered too expensive. And believe it or not, Obama DOES literally look like a criminal to many people. That's part of the reason why he's the worst President ever who couldn't possibly have attained the Oval Office legitimately and was probably not even born in the U.S. But that's beside the point. "Profiling, not racial-profiling", as you call it, happens to people of certain color regardless of how they're dressed a lot more than it happens to non-colored people and that can be statistically proven.
I get stopped by the cops a fair bit. I'm wearing my Air Force One, hoody, trackies, I understand fully why they might stop me and not a dude in a full suit. Police have to make their judgement based on very few things. The area in which they are searching for a criminal. The appearance of the suspect. The attitude of the suspect. If you think that the dude who is courteous to the police and is dressed smartly is more often the criminal than the guy wearing his hat to the dude, chain hanging out with a scar down his face saying Fuck the Police, then you've been watching too many TV shows. Police ARE going to profile people's appearance, and why shouldnt they? They arent convicting anyone based on that. They are questioning them.
The old 'if they got nothing to hide, they shouldn't mind being searched' argument. Getting stopped repeatedly because of your appearance is dehumanizing. Every human being should have a right to appear how they want to appear and dress how they want to dress without being demonized for it. There are many people who wear hoodies and baggy jeans as a style, not because they are criminal or have criminal intent. Those people have a right to dress how they want to dress without being stopped by the police every fucking time. If you want to feel as a White Scottish kid, that you understand why the police stop you when you're wearing hoodies and tracks, that's on you. Just know that your experience isn't close to comparable to brown skinned kids who come from racial groups that have been discriminated against and marginalized in more ways than the police stop for pretty much the last half millenia.

And further more, everyone stop acting like fucking race is the issue here. So those fuckheads in Ferguson are so outraged at the big police force hurting black people.....that they smash up small businesses? Fuck off. A white teenager got killed in a slightly worse incident the week after Mike Brown and now a single one of those racist fucks rioted about it.
To be honest, it's the anti-protesters who are acting more like it's about race than the protesters. Do you realize that a large portion of the protesters and rioters are White? A lot of them are Anarchists, anti-police state demonstrators and people affiliated with the hacker group Anonymous, and I can post SEVERAL images and video footage from the protests to demonstrate that. Do you realize that Darren Wilson, as well as George Zimmerman are practically millionaires now? Darren Wilson received about $500,000 from the KKK and average White people who, like you, are tired of Black people "making everything about race" and think he is only being persecuted because he is a White cop doing his job and that sent thousands of dollars for his legal defense fund. He received another half a million from ABC to do an interview after the no-indictment announcement. People react to news that they have heard and people mostly focus on news concerning their community. I had frankly never heard about the White kid who underwent a similar circumstance a week after Mike Brown, and you probably shouldn't assume that the protesters had heard of it and are just choosing not to react to it either.
And if you guys think a headlock is police brutality, you can fuck off.
A chokehold that leads to someone dying while he's saying "I can't breathe" isn't police brutality?
Americans are legally allowed to own a gun. If Im the police, you can be fucking sure I'm rugby tackling any suspect to the ground in America. It only takes one dude to have his gun on him for your life to end.
That scary ass mentality is exactly what we don't need in cops. I think þe best solution would be if they made it a point to hire only cops or live or grew up in the neighborhood they are to patrol. We don't need any cops from out of town who has a skewed view of our hood like we're all gun toting gangsters and is ready to shoot us if we make any movements that isn't differential.
EVERY problein these situations comes down to one thing; America being fucking stupid. You guys believe that some million year old law about having the right to have devices created ONLY for the purpose of murder is the way to live by. I love the stupidity of it too. "We need guns to protect ourselves". Let's start with the normal way, against home invaders and shit right? Well if everyone is allowed guns....the chances that your invader also having a gun is MUCH higher. I'd much prefer to get into a fist or knife fight with a potential attacker than a gun fight. I think that's obvious. The other way; against the government. Stupid Americans ACTUALLY believe that they need guns to fight off the Government, lmfao. What the fuck do you think you're gonna do? Take out a SWAT team with your handgun? Fuck off.

Race isn't a thing. I know a few guys of Mexcian descent in America who say reverse racism is getting to be a big deal now. Where a police officer cant arrest a black person because it's such a big deal. Hell, if someone promotes a white person over a black person in a job, boom PR nightmare. I don't even believe this shit too much. Every race outside of middle eastern looking ones are equal. White people get shot all the time too. It's just that black people have this fucked up belief that the only thing important to them are other black things. It's fucking disgusting tbh.
What's disgusting is your absolute cluelessness. You seem to believe all these Black people are delusional and there is no such thing as racism. They just like to whine and make noise about cases like this for no reason, not because it's pertinent to their everyday experiences or anything like that. You're such a know-it-all that you would presume to know and diagnose the experiences of millions of people more than they know their own experience. I almost can't think of anything more disgustingly ignorant tbh.

NOBLE
12-08-2014, 06:41 PM
You probably have a point.
Where there is smoke there is fire, and if this many people are claiming that police are being racist towards the black community there is probably an element of truth to it.
I think the problem lies in the fact that people are latching on to the wrong cases to make this point.
If you watch the video carefully you'll see that there is literally only one second where the cop has him in the chokehold and he is saying he cannot breathe. After Garner is brought to the ground the other cops say "hes down" and the choke is released. His airway was not being restricted the majority of the time the police had him on the ground and he said he couldnt breathe. There is no way the police would have been able to foresee that he would have an asthma attack that would restrict his airways. There was obviously no malicious intent whatsoever, his death was tragic but an obvious accident.
As a completely unbiased educated person it seems blatantly obvious that this cop should not be charged. Sure he should be disciplined that he used an illegal choke but theres no way he could have anticipated that the man would die as a result .. how is it fair to hold him accountable for murder for a completely freak accident?
There is also the fact that the leader of the team that took Garner down was a black woman.
I have yet to see a high profile case video where someone is co-operating completely and entirely and they still somehow end up dead. as far as i have seen there has always been a valid reason at least to some extent why things happened the way they did. in this case Garner started retaliating when the cops went to cuff him and unfortunately it cost him his life. maybe if he didnt resist things would have turned out differently.. who knows. the point is, never give the police a reason to have to get aggressive with you. and thats not a "black person" thing.. that goes for everyone and anyone. I got pulled over a while ago and I rolled my window down and left both hands on the outside of my car while the cop approached my car. 99% of the time being courteous and non-threatening will get you out of escalating a situation with the police. most of the time people don't behave courteous and non-threatning. I saw a video the other day of an black ex new york detective telling people not to answer the cops when they ask them simple questions and to stand there with your arms folded or to walk away. he made it sound like every single cop is out to get black people and the best course of action is to act like an arrogant douche and not provide simple information and be on your way. people are taking these cases and using them as a tool to poison everyone against law enforcement. i dont see what benefit this has. i think this attitude is going to cause alot more problems than it will solve.
i think the take away message from these recent deaths is that people need to stop addressing their issues with the police on the street and handle them in the court. if they are going to arrest you then let them arrest you and take them to court and sue the shit out of the police department. if you have video and you are legit then you will be fine.

I'm not sure which video you watched, but I know there is a shorter 2 minute version and a longer 8 minute version which captured the whole encounter. The chokehold lasted at least 8 seconds and possibly up to 19 seconds because as Garner went down and was surrounded by officers, the view of the officer's chokehold became obscured. Within that period, he pleaded "I can't breathe" repeatedly, at least 5 times. I agree that it was a freak accident and the officer couldn't have known he had an asthma condition, however the chokehold itself was in violation of NYPD policies. The guy leaned over to him as if he was going whisper something in his ear, then sucker choked him immediately to take him down. There was no "put your hands behind your back" or "you're under arrest" uttered giving him a chance to comply before physical force was used. It was basically an argument over what he was doing on that corner. They thought he was vending cigarettes, which he had been known to do before. He and several witnesses who were around stated that he had been breaking up a fight. It was his defiance over being accused of illegally vending and the argument that ensued that lead to the chokehold. On top of the fact that NYPD authorities have themselves stated the chokehold violated policy, the medical examiners who did the autopsy ruled that Garner died as a result of neck compression, NOT asthma attack or cardiac arrest as was suggested by police spokesmen. They (the police) stated he died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, but it appeared by the end of the 8 minute video that he was already dead, right there on the scene as he was unresponsive to anything when the EMT showed up. The EMT checked his pulse (on the scene) and did not administer CPR, probably because there wasn't any point (he didn't have any pulse).
If someone who is not a cop chokes someone else and the cause of death was ruled as being due to neck compression, would you be arguing that the person should not be charged because they only applied the choke for a short time and there's no way they could have known that their victim had a preexisiting medical condition? The fact that someone is an officer doesn't mean EVERYTHING they do while in uniform is in the capacity of an officer. I'm pretty sure that for NYPD officers to perform bank robberies is against their policy too and that there would be no hesitation in prosecuting a bank-robbing officer due to the fact he's a cop, because, unless he was an undercover in some sort of sting operation to bring down the other bank robbers, he wasn't acting in the capacity of an officer when he robbed the bank. I think a safe rule to go by is: when an officer acts outside of police policy and code of conduct, as Eric Garner's choker has done, they are not acting in the capacity of an officer, therefore, there should be no leverage to them being a cop in considering whether and how they should be prosecuted. Otherwise we will continue to have officers who get away with anything, even choking someone to death on cam.

NOBLE
12-08-2014, 06:54 PM
<iframe width='416' height='234' src='http://www.cnn.com/video/api/embed.html#/video/crime/2014/12/05/ac-pkg-kaye-pantaleo-testimony.cnn' frameborder='0'></iframe>

Mindless
12-08-2014, 09:26 PM
EVERY problem in these situations comes down to one thing; America being fucking stupid. You guys believe that some million year old law about having the right to have devices created ONLY for the purpose of murder is the way to live by. I love the stupidity of it too. "We need guns to protect ourselves". Let's start with the normal way, against home invaders and shit right? Well if everyone is allowed guns....the chances that your invader also having a gun is MUCH higher. I'd much prefer to get into a fist or knife fight with a potential attacker than a gun fight. I think that's obvious. The other way; against the government. Stupid Americans ACTUALLY believe that they need guns to fight off the Government, lmfao. What the fuck do you think you're gonna do? Take out a SWAT team with your handgun? Fuck off.

http://dawgpoundnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/according-to-my-calculations-youre-an-idiot.jpg

NOBLE
12-09-2014, 03:37 AM
"It was his defiance over being accused of illegally vending and the argument that ensued that lead to the chokehold." no it was not. it was him putting up his arms and refusing to peacefully surrender that led to the chokehold. if he was not fighting back there would have been no need to apply the choke. if he put his hands behind his back and complied, why would they have needed to apply force?? they wouldnt have.
it was very clear that the officer was going to arrest him and he did not comply, he retaliated.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/dec/04/i-cant-breathe-eric-garner-chokehold-death-video

at 1:36 he says he cant breathe for the first time
at 1:38 the chokehold is no longer being applied

This was the two minute version and if you notice, there were multiple clips as opposed to one continuous clip which made the time seem shorter. If I were you, I wouldn't base my sense of how long things lasted until I have seen the full 8 minute video because this is just the abbreviated version for news broadcast on this link.
Second, he DID NOT fight back. He was verbally defiant, not physically. He said "I wasn't doing anything," "this stops today," and when they started trying to take him down, he said "don't touch me." However, at no point did he throw his hands toward any of the officers as if to strike or punch them, which is what I would consider "fighting back." If he did, please reference the exact time on the clip. He put his hands up once they started choking him. That looks more like a surrender or distress signal than "fighting back." Like I mentioned before, they did not utter "you're under arrest" before they proceeded to take him down, so I don't know how tenable is the arguement that he did not comply. It's possible that he didn't know he was going to be arrested and thought they were just arguing, especially since he wasn't told. Does a police officer have a right to put their hands on you against your will without letting you know you are under arrest? Why would he had put his hands behind his back when they hadn't asked him to? Prior to the chokehold, it wasn't made clear he was being arrested. They seem to choke him out of anger at his verbal defiance over the argument they were having.

there is literally a two second period where he claims he cannot breathe to the time the chokehold is released.
Im not disputing that the chokehold was a breach of policy. im disputing people calling this man a murderer over an unfortunate accident. regardless, it would be foolish for a police officer to loosen his grip on such a physically superior suspect without having him properly restrained, there would be no way to verify if he actually couldnt breathe or not.
Like I said, watch the full video. The choke lasted longer than two seconds. There was no need to restrain him. He hadn't been told he was under arrest and he did not fight back once they ganged up on him. Perhaps it was his size and the thought that he might resist since had said "don't touch me" which made them take such a violent approach, but he was only verbally defiant. Putting him in a chokehold was so unnecessary.
and how could he possibly have died as a result of compression to the neck when he was not in a chokehold when he died? when the officer releases the choke he is obviously still alive .. he is in distress but he is alive. maybe the choke provoked some other biological response.. but he couldnt have died from compression to the neck unless someone choked him to death in the ambulance or the choke was so forceful that he destroyed his airway which does not seem like the case at all.
Arguing that he couldn't have died from the choke because he was not in a choke when he died makes very little sense tbh. If I shot someone and they died an hour later in the hospital, would you argue that they couldn't have died as a result of my shooting because by the time they died, I had stopped shooting and an hour had passed? From seeing the full 8 minute video, I would speculate that he died on the scene because before they even put him on the stretcher to take him to the ambulance, he appeared totally lifeless and unresponsive. However, neither one of us are professionally equipped to say exactly when he died and from what, so I'd just go with what the medical examiners say since that's their forté.
i still have yet to see a credible source report the actual cause of death
You would be arguing with the medical examiners because they're the ones who stated cause of death was due to neck compression, not me. As far as credible source, this article about the medical examiner's official cause of death is from the Associated Press website: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/medical-examiner-says-chokehold-police-officer-caused-death-nyc-man-ruled-homicide

"when an officer acts outside of police policy and code of conduct, as Eric Garner's choker has done, they are not acting in the capacity of an officer, therefore, there should be no leverage to them being a cop in considering whether and how they should be prosecuted." yes this is fair enough, but why would an ordinary citizen be charged for murder?? The only reason this is getting so much attention is simply BECAUSE he is a cop. it works against him much more than it works for him. i dont think a regular joe would have the world erupting in protest over this. people just hate the cops .. meh

I agree that a regular Joe wouldn't have had the world erupting over a similar case, however, regular Joe's aren't sworn to "serve and protect." The fact that he's a cop IS working against him as it is giving him leverage as you've stated, and probably more so the fact that he's a White cop, since that happens to be a recurring theme in the Black community, even when it doesn't make national news. People aren't reacting to these headline cases alone. Police abuse happens A LOT in minority neigborhoods and you might have to live in one for some time to truly understand. I've had a White cop put a gun to my head before over me simply asking why him and his partner had stopped me, my brother and my friend Mike. Some of these dudes are so big and bad when they have a gun and a badge. You'd be surprised what people go through at the hands of cops. But what I think everyone should realize is that the people reacting to and protesting over Mike Brown, Travon Martin, Eric Garner, aren't responding to these cases alone.

NOBLE
12-09-2014, 04:06 AM
This shows the aftermath after the choke until the EMT arrived. Notice the EMT's response as she checked his pulse and DID not give him CPR. Their standard procedure is to first check a person's pulse. If that person still has a pulse, even if they appear unresponsive, they apply CPR right away to try to resuscitate them. The fact that she didn't even try hints that he was already dead and there was no point. Saying he died in the ambulance of asthma is a PR stunt. Unseen Video Of Eric Garner Death - Over 7 minutes handcuffed not breathing NYPD chokehold AFTERMATH - YouTube

Hubert Cumberdale
12-09-2014, 07:39 AM
I think you might have already been racist prior to this.
You think incorrectly. Disagreeing with black people doesnt make me racist.

I can literally point to TONS of studies that show Black men are multiple times more likely to be stopped and prosecuted for the same crimes, multiple times more likely to receive heavier penalties for the same crimes, multiple times more likely to be falsely accused and convicted only to be exculpated years later. I can point to studies done on police department training simulations where they are meant to make split second decisions like in a hostage situation and they're more likely to shoot a Black character who is unarmed and miss a White suspect who is actually carrying a weapon. Unless you've done similarly rigorous studies to dispute these findings, you don't have a leg to stand on in calling them complete bullshit.
"Projects" and "Ghettos" are the worst areas with the most crime right? What is the highest % of race there? Black people. So you're right, more black people get stopped. By your logic it's like me claiming the government is more racist towards Scottish people in Scotland because more Scottish people get stopped than anything else.

Prove anything else with links to actually reputable sources. There is a zero percent chance that people are trained to shoot unarmed black people than armed white people. And if they are, maybe that's because races connect to each other. Who's to say black cops don't shoot unarmed white people in those scenarios?

Profiling is not always based on how you're dressed and Black men have been profiled while wearing business suits or driving cars that were considered too expensive. And believe it or not, Obama DOES literally look like a criminal to many people. That's part of the reason why he's the worst President ever who couldn't possibly have attained the Oval Office legitimately and was probably not even born in the U.S. But that's beside the point. "Profiling, not racial-profiling", as you call it, happens to people of certain color regardless of how they're dressed a lot more than it happens to non-colored people and that can be statistically proven.

Statistically, you've proved zero of your statistics and just say the word statistically to back up your point. Scientifically, I'm right and you're wrong.

George Bush is considered the worst president in America of all time. Is America racist towards white people?

The old 'if they got nothing to hide, they shouldn't mind being searched' argument. Getting stopped repeatedly because of your appearance is dehumanizing. Every human being should have a right to appear how they want to appear and dress how they want to dress without being demonized for it. There are many people who wear hoodies and baggy jeans as a style, not because they are criminal or have criminal intent. Those people have a right to dress how they want to dress without being stopped by the police every fucking time. If you want to feel as a White Scottish kid, that you understand why the police stop you when you're wearing hoodies and tracks, that's on you. Just know that your experience isn't close to comparable to brown skinned kids who come from racial groups that have been discriminated against and marginalized in more ways than the police stop for pretty much the last half millenia.

Fuck off man you've got no fucking clue what I might have faced before. Just cause some cunts black doesnt mean he's automatically been through more than anyone ever. Maybe people shouldnt get stopped cause they're from a certain place or their clothes are a certain way, but it's just the way it is. Cops are more likely to pull over a Lancer than a Volvo. maybe that's "discriminatory" to Mitzubishi owners, but is it really the outlandish or uncomprehandable? So you think elderly ladies should get random drug searches more than teenagers dressed in hoodies for the purpose of equality?

To be honest, it's the anti-protesters who are acting more like it's about race than the protesters. Do you realize that a large portion of the protesters and rioters are White? A lot of them are Anarchists, anti-police state demonstrators and people affiliated with the hacker group Anonymous, and I can post SEVERAL images and video footage from the protests to demonstrate that. Do you realize that Darren Wilson, as well as George Zimmerman are practically millionaires now? Darren Wilson received about $500,000 from the KKK and average White people who, like you, are tired of Black people "making everything about race" and think he is only being persecuted because he is a White cop doing his job and that sent thousands of dollars for his legal defense fund. He received another half a million from ABC to do an interview after the no-indictment announcement. People react to news that they have heard and people mostly focus on news concerning their community. I had frankly never heard about the White kid who underwent a similar circumstance a week after Mike Brown, and you probably shouldn't assume that the protesters had heard of it and are just choosing not to react to it either.

Have you seen A Time to Kill? You know then the black rights movement pay Samuel Jackson's character's legal fees, did you find that to be disgusting and racist? Is that different than white people paying the legal fees of a white person? I 100% disagree with it and those white people are more scum than the people defending, but to defend an offender without facts is much worse than to defend a victim without facts.

Why didn't anyone hear about this white kid? Because it's 2014, who cares about a dead white person?

And if you guys think a headlock is police brutality, you can fuck off.
A chokehold that leads to someone dying while he's saying "I can't breathe" isn't police brutality?

On cops last week a dude shouted "you're hurting me" so the cop released the cuffs a bit. The dude then headbutted him and ran off.

That scary ass mentality is exactly what we don't need in cops. I think þe best solution would be if they made it a point to hire only cops or live or grew up in the neighborhood they are to patrol. We don't need any cops from out of town who has a skewed view of our hood like we're all gun toting gangsters and is ready to shoot us if we make any movements that isn't differential.

If no one had guns it would be a hell of a lot better.

What's disgusting is your absolute cluelessness. You seem to believe all these Black people are delusional and there is no such thing as racism. They just like to whine and make noise about cases like this for no reason, not because it's pertinent to their everyday experiences or anything like that. You're such a know-it-all that you would presume to know and diagnose the experiences of millions of people more than they know their own experience. I almost can't think of anything more disgustingly ignorant tbh.

Yet you say I can't possibly comprehend their "struggle", yet you know nothing about me or what I may have faced, how are you any different? You are fully ignorant to anything I may have faced or experienced, why, because you disagree with me and a white person can't possible face the things a black person has. Racism is an excuse in 2014. People who overcome it never bitch and complain about race. Whenever you quote Obama being black and saying black people can achieve success against all odds, black people now reply "He's half white" lmao.

Martin Luther King wanted black people to overcome oppression and be whatever they want to be. Everyone in this world has the ability to achieve their dreams. Black, white, asian, who cares. It's all the same, and we can all be whatever we want to be.

Black people in 2014 (the ones in these situations, not all black people of course) are more concerned with continuing to "fight oppression" than achieve their dreams, completely against what MLK fought for.

^^^^^^

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

The thing that annoys me is it's people like you NOBLE who don't want to see black people succeed. You're too busy caught up in the "This one black dude couldnt get a job, most likely cause he's black" opinion instead of saying "Keep trying. Loads of black people are employed and that one situation shouldnt hold you back".

THAT imo is racist. The marginalization of a race based on their skin colour.

Supsie
12-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Man, I can't belive police they make me so sad and angry sometimes, some are actually that ignorant that they think they are still doing good. Your guys argument is only about this one incident it does not matter which one of you are right and wrong the fact is police are killing people at random all the time for the smallest issues that they chose to pick out an blow up world wide these days. We already know how these things go if you don't feel like being bullied or harassed and you dare show any form of "Disrespect" you get beat or "Accidently" killed. The guy who died was brave, enjoy peace.

Hubert Cumberdale
12-09-2014, 08:37 AM
That's not the police, it's individual people through that occupation.

To say all police are murderers based on these situations is like saying all black people are criminals because Mike Brown robbed those cigars. Cops are just people who picked an occupation. Some individual people are horrendous, some are good. Thats why I'm against guns. There are two groups of people who use guns out of war; criminals and cops. When you get down to it, a cop is just a normal dude who chose to wear the blues like a criminal is just a normal person who chose to break the law. Neither should be trusted with other people's lives in their hands. They should merely enforce the law and let people be judged by the people who do the judging (cops can bring people in, that's fine. They will get off if they are innocent and if they dont that has nothing to do with the cops). But in putting guns in people on the street's hands, cops have guns in their hands. All the exact same.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

I think the main problem with you Sup is you want to be able to do shit like smoke weed and not get in trouble. If the cops bust you, they're cunts. It's not a cop's job to interoperate the law. They just enforce it. The ones who let you off are the bad ones. By wanting cops to interoperate the laws, you are inviting in those cops who think certain amount of force etc. are justifiable.