PDA

View Full Version : Car Shopping

Godbody
12-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Realistically, how much can you knock off of a car's MSRP price?

I'm looking @ the Mercedes Benz CLA.. I already built it online with the Sports Package, Panoramic sunroof, and a rear spoiler. I'm looking at roughly $38,000

Any chances of knocking that price down closer to $30,000 than $35,000? Any car salespeople here? lol

Manhattan
12-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Ya.....If you pay cash

Louie Dawgs
12-03-2014, 11:59 AM
With straight cash I'd offer like 28k.

Student
12-03-2014, 08:59 PM
do you have any existing assets?

Dude, He's Godbody...

Mindless
12-03-2014, 09:40 PM
You could get a CTS Coupe for around the same price and not be driving a nazi-mobile. #JustSayin'

FreezyCT
12-04-2014, 04:58 AM
Dude, He's Godbody...

this made the thread

Denton
12-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Who the fuck puts a spoiler on a benz? Nah the best way to knock off MSRP is to physically go to the store and seem like you arent interested. If they offer you deals say "I seen a better deal at (some random location) dealership" the less eager you seem to buy a car the more the salesman will try to lure you into buying one. I talked a guy into knocking an entire 10,000 off of a brand new evo. He was pissed that I wasnt gonna buy it. I just wanted to see how low i could get it. All depends on the the location as well. But customizing a car online will not help you. Hope this helps

Godbody
12-04-2014, 02:49 PM
You could get a CTS Coupe for around the same price and not be driving a nazi-mobile. #JustSayin'

nigga fuck all that bullshit

I'm German. German cars > everything

Japanese cars are toys
American cars are shit

also I'm leaning towards a BMW now. 2 or 3 series. The servicing on Benz isn't complimentary... BMW's service is included. & After speaking to some ppl that own a BMW, they told me they went several times to service their car and never paid shit for it

whereas I talked to 2 people with a Benz who told me they've come out of pocket a few times servicing their Benz

Obey
12-04-2014, 02:52 PM
I would go in there with a handgun, I heard that's the easiest way to knock down prices. Also heard you can leave for free with one!

Godbody
12-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Who the fuck puts a spoiler on a benz? Nah the best way to knock off MSRP is to physically go to the store and seem like you arent interested. If they offer you deals say "I seen a better deal at (some random location) dealership" the less eager you seem to buy a car the more the salesman will try to lure you into buying one. I talked a guy into knocking an entire 10,000 off of a brand new evo. He was pissed that I wasnt gonna buy it. I just wanted to see how low i could get it. All depends on the the location as well. But customizing a car online will not help you. Hope this helps

It was included in the package I wanted for the car

Student
12-04-2014, 03:02 PM
You know we're in a recession when Godbody is trying to get a deal on the cheapest Mercedes model they make.

Godbody
12-04-2014, 03:04 PM
It's not cheap when it starts at 29,000 and the price shoots up to nearly 40k after you add options

Rich people stay rich by being stingy sister. plus, since when were we in a recession? Last I checked the economy is chillin

Student
12-04-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm just saying Da GOD shouldn't be stressing over getting a deal, buy that bitch with straight cash like a BOSS, actually no like a GOD.

Godbody
12-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Who said I had it like that b

I blew my twitter fortune on strippers, cute bitches, outfits, cocaine, & weed. Oh, & a lawyer for a reckless driving charge & my insurance for crashing my previous whip.

I can't afford to pay 40 stacks for a car. I definitely have a couple thousand, well, MORE than a couple for a down payment to finance/lease the car

Godbody
12-04-2014, 10:22 PM
if you dont own property and you buy a 30k car you are a retard

period

also if youre already concerned about the out of pocket expenses of servicing your car you are buying one out of your price range

that's exactly why I opted out of the Benz....i never said my pockets were deep enough to constantly pay for servicing a car...especially if I'm coming out of pocket $500+ on more than one occassion... & as far as not owning property and buying a 30k car making me retarded...One has nothing to do with the other

the Benz CLA, Beamer 3 series, and Audi A3 are the entry level luxury cars. It was an ingenious move to sway buyers that were purchasing the more expensive low end sedans like the Nissan Maxima...

So if I put a down payment on a car, whether I finance it or lease it...its do-able with/without property. A lot of people show up to dealerships and put 3, 5, stacks on a car. I'm throwing down more than that

So instead of paying $300-$400/month for the car, I'll end up paying $150-$200...which is very doable for me. & If it's leased, I have the option to switch whips because the dealerships already recouped the depreciated value of the car. The trade off being that i'll never actually completely own the car & my insurance goes up

Godbody
12-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Well, I've had the same car for 5+ years. & When I got this car, it was already used for 3 years. It's an 06 model. I just think its time to spoil myself tbh... It's definitely not all the money I have, which is why i'm doing it. & I understand these cars are on the pricier side, which is why I'm looking at different angles to negotiate the deal i want.

i appreciate the input tho

& I'm also reading a few books on investments like Rich Dad Poor Dad & the Intelligent Investor. I've always had that auto-pilot, make money that makes money type of mentality. Yeah I'll be taking a financial risk, but i'm willing to take that risk.

Denton
12-05-2014, 12:42 AM
Get a Honda man. The Honda hybrid models are fucking completely inexpensive to maintain. they will last you a LONG time if you take care of it. I know a guy who owns a 97' Civic with 450k miles and nearly all of it is original parts. No major rebuilds just the occasional calipur sticking and shit like that.

Student
12-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Must be nice to live at home lol

J u s T C
12-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Who said I had it like that b

I blew my twitter fortune on cocaine

My nigga!

Whats the quality and price like on the sniff in Jerz?

ELOH STACKz
12-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Lol, Thisssssss nigga Godbody. SMFH

Godbody
12-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Must be nice to live at home lol

It is. Snatched up a car that I probably couldnt afford if I had to pay utilities & mortgages & all that bullshit

& it's a helluva car.

So anyway thank you all for your advice but the decision has been made, cars are being driven, bitches is breaking necks, and niggas is hatin

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

My nigga!

Whats the quality and price like on the sniff in Jerz?

thats a shitty question. it usually always depends on how raw it is...regardless of where you live

chances are if you're paying $30-$40 a gram its been cut a few times...that good good runs you $50-$60

or you could have a really good connect and pay $40 for the same shit niggas pay $60 for..it all depends on the quantity because larger quantity means they can afford to do it for cheaper

J u s T C
12-08-2014, 09:48 PM
I meant the shit YOU get not the whole state. And 60's dirt cheap. Some good here will set you back like a 1ner here, guess thats like 150 plus US.