PDA

View Full Version : Should The Burma Be Banned In Your Country?

TalkSick
12-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Discuss....:guns:

Header Edit: Meant to say Burqa (Muslim clothing)....ducking auto correct.

Babylon
12-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Why would it be banned?

If religions (and non-religious organizations alike) learned just a little bit on what coexistance is we'd be near utopian.

But nah, fuck all that, let's just kill each other because we believe in different sky-daddies.

TalkSick
12-02-2014, 06:57 PM
I've noticed it's becoming a major problem in the criminal world. People using it to their advantage because it "accepted". For example walking into Parliament Hill and such where as a typical mask would be asked to remove.

Me personally...I don't care how it goes about. I strongly strongly strongly disagree with their religion however. Muslims come to countries and demand, not only acceptance of their religion but, for our customs to be change to revolve around them. Where as, if we went into a Mosque eating bacon with our shoes on, they'd flip the fuck out.

At first I thought it was the entire Muslim population who were the same....until I actually sat down with a few (not by choice but, glad I came around regretably after I hounded them). They told me it's only a select few who are beyond extreme and they sided with me on how fucked up some can be, etc, etc.

Rant
12-02-2014, 07:10 PM
First of all, what Babylon said.

Second, why is this even a discussion? You can't censor religious expression because of a select few who abuse it.

Fidel Z
12-02-2014, 07:12 PM
^Love that

Óðinn
12-02-2014, 07:28 PM
let's just kill each other because we believe in different sky-daddies.

^Lmfao

12 3 11 Fear The Halal Turkey Countdown with Keith Olberman - YouTube

TalkSick
12-02-2014, 07:30 PM
First of all, what Babylon said.

Second, why is this even a discussion? You can't censor religious expression because of a select few who abuse it.

Agreed BUT, is Merica' not known doing drastic things?

Rant
12-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Agreed BUT, is Merica' not known doing drastic things?

Your question was whether it should be, not whether the United States is idiotic enough as a whole to do so.

TalkSick
12-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Your question was whether it should be, not whether the United States is idiotic enough as a whole to do so.

Is this thread only limited to one rebuttal each and that's it's? No further talking of anything based on the matter or surrounding it? Lol

Rant
12-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Is this thread only limited to one rebuttal each and that's it's? No further talking of anything based on the matter or surrounding it? Lol

What I think, is that my post pointed out to you, your own bigoted ideations, and you thus veered from your original topic of discussion to distract from this fact.

TalkSick
12-02-2014, 07:53 PM
as long as its not putting me/the general public at risk i dont care.

by that i mean:
take it off at airport checks, boarder checks, etc. essentially any situation where the veil could be used as a disguise to cause harm to innocent people

also, i cant state for sure because ive never worn one obviously but if it impacts your peripheral vision then driving should be out of the question

basically it all comes down to whether the veil or not can be used to cause harm to other people .. if it cant i dont really care .. if it can then it shouldnt be tolerated period .. no religion takes priority over the safety of innocent people

For sure.

I know here in Canada eh! they've been talking about all those issues recently surrounding the Burqa (Not sure if you've caught any of those yet on the news).

I don't think we would ever take it as far as what America is capable of and what there options are regarding this matter but, on point with that matter, I wouldn't be opposed to those security changes in Canada.

TalkSick
12-02-2014, 07:59 PM
What I think, is that my post pointed out to you, your own bigoted ideations, and you thus veered from your original topic of discussion to distract from this fact.

Not true. I merely drifted to an on/off topic while giving a descriptive answer to my own question..:grass:

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 08:00 PM
No, it should never be banned.

Islamic radicalism is also a function of western interventionist policy. Pretty much every extreme Islamic state was started in some fashion through western intervention, and every natural movement in recent islam has been progressive. It's hilarious that people would radicalize a community, then turn around and discriminate against them. A pretty classic form of disenfranchisement. Makes me wonder if that's really part of what its about.

TalkSick
12-02-2014, 08:04 PM
hm im not sure exactly what changes youre referring too
bring me up to speed though im curious

In regards to security issues that you stated.

Airport checks and such. Anywhere some sort of "mask" or what have you, would not be tolerated. Some Muslims in Ontario are actually fighting to wear it in there Driver Licenses.

Ever since what happened at Parliament Hill, its been a hot agenda, so it seems.

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 08:07 PM
as long as its not putting me/the general public at risk i dont care.

by that i mean:
take it off at airport checks, boarder checks, etc. essentially any situation where the veil could be used as a disguise to cause harm to innocent people

also, i cant state for sure because ive never worn one obviously but if it impacts your peripheral vision then driving should be out of the question

basically it all comes down to whether the veil or not can be used to cause harm to other people .. if it cant i dont really care .. if it can then it shouldnt be tolerated period .. no religion takes priority over the safety of innocent people
Nuns robes could be used to hide and conceal weapons or dangerous materials, should they have to strip down at the airport also??

TalkSick
12-02-2014, 08:11 PM
ohhhh right
i remember hearing that they want to wear them in their drivers license photos

lmfao

some things are hard to take seriously

Amen to that lol We as Canadians kind of sit back and say "You shitting me, right?!"

I don't know about you but, I can see that potentially be a huge security threat.

But....i'm just some handsome Canuck who lays bricks for a living.....The fuck do I know Lol

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 08:18 PM
nuns dont hide their eyes

the issue with veils isnt that they are concealing things under their clothes

its that you cannot see their faces

anyone can conceal something under their clothes...? lol
I don't understand the problem with this.

Rant
12-02-2014, 08:22 PM
No, it should never be banned.

Islamic radicalism is also a function of western interventionist policy. Pretty much every extreme Islamic state was started in some fashion through western intervention, and every natural movement in recent islam has been progressive. It's hilarious that people would radicalize a community, then turn around and discriminate against them. A pretty classic form of disenfranchisement. Makes me wonder if that's really part of what its about.

tl;dr - intervention breeds rebellion.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

nuns dont hide their eyes

the issue with veils isnt that they are concealing things under their clothes

its that you cannot see their faces

anyone can conceal something under their clothes...? lol

Let me just tape this grenade to my cheek, they'll never find it under my burqa.

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 08:25 PM
with what?

airport security not being able to see the persons face?
And how does not being able to see all of one's face make someone a threat??

Rant
12-02-2014, 08:26 PM
im not understanding the confusion here

if you can only see the persons eyes at security checks whats stopping Osama Bin Laden himself from plucking his eyebrows, putting on some eyeliner and hopping on a plane?

well besides the fact that hes a corpse

you get it tho

> Reads second, and third lines.

> Gets excited.

> Prepares to tell you that Osama Bin Laden is dead.

> Realizes you beat me to it.

> My cat is now dead.

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 08:28 PM
im not understanding the confusion here

if you can only see the persons eyes at security checks whats stopping Osama Bin Laden himself from plucking his eyebrows, putting on some eyeliner and hopping on a plane?

well besides the fact that hes a corpse

you get it tho
If your countries method of determining if someone is dangerous or wanted relies on "what do they look like", your problems are probably bigger than just terrorism.

NOBLE
12-02-2014, 08:29 PM
My only problem with it is the preferential treatment based on religion . If i can't wear a ninja mask somewhere or I have to take my hat off due to security because it's a government building or whatever, then someone else shouldn't be allowed to wear the burqa there, whether it's religious or not . However, I'm against banning it all across the board, only in places where other forms of concealment are prohibited . There are also privacy and right to anonymity to be considered . People should have a right to remain anonymous in public, even if it includes hiding their face.

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 08:56 PM
lol it has nothing to do with what the person looks like
it has everything to do with the fact that the person might not actually be the person on the passport they are showing security.

if we dont have to show our faces whats stopping you from giving your passport to a known terrorist and letting him fly first class from "wherever" to "wherever" .. something that would NEVER be acceptable otherwise

hiding your face opens the door for limitless security breaches
No, it really doesn't. The security around the passport system is strong enough that shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I can't think of a single instance of someone getting through airport security because is the burqa. Seems to me like this whole anti burqa movement is less about security and more about Islam.

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Break down to me a scenario when this could happen.

Rant
12-02-2014, 09:15 PM
No, it really doesn't. The security around the passport system is strong enough that shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I can't think of a single instance of someone getting through airport security because is the burqa. Seems to me like this whole anti burqa movement is less about security and more about Islam.

No, no. Not Islam... Terrorism.

:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

There is a terrorist on the no fly list.. lets call him Mike.. Mike lives in Australia
Mike has a friend named Lilly with a clean passport
he trims his brows like a woman and gets on a plane to America with her passport
he gets into America which would have never been possible if he had to show his face

Because they would /never/ possibly do a security check in a US airport.

Rant
12-02-2014, 09:19 PM
the whole point is that they are advocating not to remove the veil under any circumstances. if this was allowed then how could they ever discover that Lilly is not Lilly but rather a handsome young Aussie man?

Height, and weight differences? :eek:

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 09:29 PM
There is a terrorist on the no fly list.. lets call him Mike.. Mike lives in Australia
Mike has a friend named Lilly with a clean passport
he trims his brows like a woman and gets on a plane to America with her passport
he gets into America which would have never been possible if he had to show his face
As a foreign national they would be fingerprinted both at the us embassy for a visa, and upon entry to the United states. So unless Mike had the same fingerprints as Lisa, this doesn't work. Try again.

Student
12-02-2014, 09:37 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/398399f7a253bc57008026c64cbdbf01/tumblr_mo3vvpdZ9j1r2ff71o1_1280.jpg

I HIGHLY Doubt We'd Ever See Someone With A Burqa In This Country.

Louie Dawgs
12-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Even visa waiver countries get fingerprinted.

And they could tell Mike wasnt Lisa because he probably wouldn't sound like a chick.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I'll throw out there that I traveled on a visa waiver passport and was fingerprinted on returning to the United States.

NOBLE
12-02-2014, 10:02 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/398399f7a253bc57008026c64cbdbf01/tumblr_mo3vvpdZ9j1r2ff71o1_1280.jpg

I HIGHLY Doubt We'd Ever See Someone With A Burqa In This Country.

I've seen it, but point well taken. We often call the Niqab a ''Burqa'' and misuse the other terms as well.

Supsie
12-02-2014, 10:56 PM
I have seen them walk into banks with it on an not get asked to remove it but personally I don't really care, I knew some muslim girls who'd take of the hijab when ever there not around other muslims aswell, they didn't even like wearing it. But yeah I see how it could be used for crime.

Louie Dawgs
12-03-2014, 12:15 PM
this is only being done for people from certain countries though.
almost all of Europe can enter the States without being fingerprinted

so this issue still exists even if it isnt internationally
Not really, it's a lot harder to do this stuff than you think.

Spooky Deep
12-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Nope...

They should ban gay men & women wearing makeup n shit on IDs before that

Even if they have scars

Babylon
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm about to start turning every thread Spooky posts at into spiderman threads in attempts to combat the idiocy.

Rant
12-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Hey, don't talk about Spooky like that. :(

Spooky Deep
12-03-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm about to start turning every thread Spooky posts at into spiderman threads in attempts to combat the idiocy.

Someone earlier made a connection with ID's n all. Therefore if a burqa or niqab shouldn't be allowed on ID's...neither should makeup. That or any other cosmetic shit can change someone's appearance.

I know you're pretty left leaning but you niggas appeal to emotions. Let's see you use some logic & cut all the feminists' shaming tactics.

Fuck the ad hominem shit bitch nigga...

Babylon
12-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Someone earlier made a connection with ID's n all. Therefore if a burqa or niqab shouldn't be allowed on ID's...neither should makeup. That or any other cosmetic shit can change someone's appearance.

I know you're pretty left leaning but you niggas appeal to emotions. Let's see you use some logic & cut all the feminists' shaming tactics.

Fuck the ad hominem shit bitch nigga...

>Ends a posts combating my ad hominem with his own ad hominem by telling me to stop the ad hominem.

Okay.

Spooky Deep
12-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Right...You admit to the emotional shit

But bitch you fucking NAMED yourself BABBLE ON
How are you not a BITCH NIGGA by logic?!

I'm off that...Let's get back on topic
Makeup n shit changes someone's appearance

Why should a fag...or a bitch get to wear makeup on ID's
To hide a scar, gender confusion, etc?

Babylon
12-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Right...You admit to the emotional shit

But bitch you fucking NAMED yourself BABBLE ON
How are you not a BITCH NIGGA by logic?!

I'm off that...Let's get back on topic
Makeup n shit changes someone's appearance

Why should a fag...or a bitch get to wear makeup on ID's
To hide a scar, gender confusion, etc?

http://i.imgur.com/uv97xg3.jpg