PDA

View Full Version : Off of What Talk Said ..

Fiji Osa
11-29-2014, 12:57 PM
I agree with TalkSick said in his thread but tbh .. It's been said a lot more than once so it's like beating a dead horse.

One thing that you have to understand that the age of "online battle rapping" died in 2011 just keeping it 💯 but it has. Ways that LB can be successful is by "evolving" and a lot of the MCs are afraid and/or unprepared for change. The next move for LB is to become a name brand outside of the confines of the computer. Ways we can do that:

Encourage more MCs to venture from text battles and start looking into phone, video and live battles

Why have we never had a "phone battle" on mugz The Basement or Pugz Playlist?

Why can't we establish a dedicated group to LBs tinychat?

There is nothing wrong w/ text battling but that art form of battling is dead and gone .. We have established connections w/ outside leagues that are allowing LB members w/ live battling promise to showcase their talents. However it takes:

That video battle footage or practicing in the tiny chat to sort of prepare you for what live events could render. We have done that:

LB vs LABattleGroundz .. We are hosting an joint event with people like
&Real Talk
Hue Hef
Paulie Casket
stricc
mani_Mula
ELOH_STACKz
Hason
Fiji Osa

The oppertunity is there for any memember but when certain people who have that opportunity failed to cash in or some of you blue who are more than welcome to become part of the movement stay silent and will bask in your online accomplishments. I just don't understand it how you guys have promise but rather stay on LB where you not getting paid vice traveling and making money off your craft that is silly to me.

LB needs to evolve with the changes that battle rap is presenting or we will be seeing the close of the last online rap battle site before the end of 2015.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I've reached out to several MCs about this who I think would rep LB as well as DEFCON 5 in the movement and so far I've only heard from a few

Shodan
11-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Fiji Osa What do you think killed online battle rap in 2011?

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

But, seriously... if Live Battling became bigger, online would make a resurgence, because people who can't or won't be live for whatever reason will want their own slice of the battling pie. So, if more LBers did become live battlers, they'd simultaneously become recruiters for this site.

V3numb
11-29-2014, 01:05 PM
^^ moving forward, its evolution, eveything's easier nowadays so like myspace>facebook online battle rap>live battle rapping

everything's easier in your grasp now since their's more options open to the general public to flex their choices skills

fiji's kinda right tho, just keeping it real

Rant
11-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Hit me up when you roll through Ohio.

Fiji Osa
11-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Live battling is instant gratification .. And applying funds correctly can put you in a position to make that transition. Like I've reached out to a few people about this live battle event in LA

WHICH IS IN MARCH OF 2015 ..

And the first comment back is "I'm not in a financial position to make that commitment" .. But I didn't ask that nor do I want to hear that bullshit. Business wise Id respect someone to ask about logistical details .. Think on it a few days a week or 2 then make a decision.

But dealing with people that are close minded like that kills my vibe and you throwing away oppertunities to get your self exposed and get your brand name known before you even get the business pitch

This is the reason I made this thread as it goes to show that people are unwilling to change or make the moves and grind to get where they want in their musical path. 2 years ago when I started live battling I never thought I'd be where I'm at now - and now that I've made those moves and offered those sacrafices im able to assist others in pursuing their own goals musically.

So if you not on that business wave and promoting yourself as well as LB .. I can't fuck with you but that's just me .. And (sips tea) that's none of my business