PDA

View Full Version : Talks Two Cents: Letsbeefs General Concerns.

TalkSick
11-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Gentleman,

I've seen lots of complaining about a few issues recently. Well, I'm here to discuss this issue with Facts, Thoughts and Possible Solutions to this problem.

Please note: This thread is merely my TEMPLATE and all Facts, Solutions and Problems, I'm sure will have variables and shades of Grey. Don't trash it, let's build off it

The Voting Issue
The Problem: Let's face it...Buddy Voting, Hate Voting and Un Educated Voting are Unfortunately a part of Letsbeef.com. They have been ever since the Golden Era. I was there, I know first hand.

The Facts: Let me make myself clear....IT WILL NEVER EVER EVER GO AWAY! Deal with it! Short of knocking on doors and kicking ass, it can never go away... BUT....We CAN however, decrease the volume in theory.

A Possible Solution: Now, because there is no way of ridding the site of all the BS that plagues some battles, we must decrease it. Here's my theroy: (Applying to New Members and Lower Members ) At the end of the day, it all comes down to that emcee himself to make the choice voting. We need to get at that member before the , i guess, "seasoned" shitty voters infect him/her and becomes almost a "norm" during their time on LB. Meaning, newer members need to be convinced that it's not respectable around here ASAP and make them WANT to act appropriately while distributing votes. Again, at the end of the day, its straight convincing that needs to be preached. Only that member can choose their fate on LB. Addressing Un Educated voters, here's a thought! Instead of trashing someone for rating your battle a 4, offer a hand! " Hey man, I see you may be looking to take your battling to the next level, maybe I can help?"...or something along those lines....You may have just saved a Members Internet life lol Side note: Voting Power is clutch. Don't rid that for now.

The Inactivity Issue

The Problem: I've seen recently that folks are complaining about it being a ghost town in here. Well...

The Facts: Letsbeef.com has ALWAYS and ALWAYS will have "slow spots" in the years. It will pick up come Tournament times which is acceptable (but we don't want acceptable, we want great! See Solution) People have life to deal with (most of us, at least, I'm sure) People change, shit happens, such is life. Any people clinging to the fact of "Great Returns" or what have you, are smoking too much dope. There may be cameos, but nothing like before. A new generation of battle rappers is upon us.

A Possible Solution:Now this solution involves EVERYONE from Pugz to Mokane. We need to draw people into the forums because im sure lots of peopple a playing quiet, checking out battles, commenting and such but, were more interest builds for the site is in the forums. Thats 100. Maybe while voting on a battle, drop a link to a thread that it relevant to the situation and/or battles. There could be another UNKNOWN ARTIST just waiting to hatch.....Staff- A good idea I have (amongst a few) from a business stand point about how to lure, well "customers" is advertising. I'm not sure what kind (if any) you got but, people need to be pulled in and STAY. If your serious about it, take those donations, make some flyers, take an add out, social media, etc. A solid hype means more interest. Let's produce more Live Battlers and blow up big enough to sponsor events. Maybe I'm big dreaming a bit but, tell me why not!.....Established Members- We need to inspire! Straight up...If you got some extra time, help a less educated member out!!!! Give em tips and tricks to battling that you know in any way you can, it only takes one spark to hook interest.

Some might think I'm crazy, some may agree. Bottom line is that it's time to inspire! This site birthed my hip hop interest and it's blossomed ever since. What kept me comming back was WANTING to be compared to the best (all in good time of course) and I did it with the help of MEMBERS. One dude who helped me when I started who had credit at the time (not sure how he is now but...lol) was BeNRiCh. He brought me into a crew (forget which one) and shit started snowballing from there. After my Inactivity stint, when my snowballing stopped, i popped in out of sheer curiosity and RhetoriK came out of left field to revive me. I kept telling him "Naw man, I can't do it anymore. It's not the same" yadda yadda and then BOOM I won a GC... shortly after, a Tag Team Championship. (I'm sure everyone's got there own opinions on weather I deserve them or not but that's a different topic for a different time). I went from basic and boring to a Grand Champion.

This is some lines from my FIRST EVER battle on Letsbeef and in my life:

I got manz that will run up in ur house and u wont have a clue, im already dead so i guess il see u soon, theyll hit u harded than a fuckin typhoon, get u all strung out and start callin u a looney toon. Click clack boom, click clack boom

and this is lines from my Tournament winning run to the GC...

I cant lie and say that you DOPEY WIT RAPS cause deep down you tha PHONIEST CAT! Il admit you had faith in me and you my HOMIE FOR THAT, but i consider you now the "spine" of this crew...YOUR the one thats "HOLDIN ME BACK" (think)/

Yall see what I'm saying here?! Inspiration is CRUCIAL!

...and hell, if this inspired you to keep going...Well than that's just what I'm a keep doing.

Fucking INSPIRE!

Can I get an Amen or what? I'm sure there are other great ideas and thoughts about 1000 other things too. Let's build! I'm just putting in a couple pennies is all ;)

Signing off, TalkSick.

Pugz NOBLE Axis Power RULE

Babylon
11-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Ayyyyyy

Shodan
11-27-2014, 10:00 PM
TalkSick At any time in your memory of LetsBeef, has the site ever been as, or more, inactive, in terms of battles of the mid/high tier cats (noobs going at it don't really count, IMO), as it is currently?

(Also, I'd like to get a battle in with you).

Rant
11-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Sooooooooooooooooo, things that have already been said 10572058038202194820372929072 times. Got it.

Supsie
11-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Good thread. One other thing is also getting people to actually do what you have just spoken about you will get a whole heap of people saying "Oh yea im feeling this guys idea, lets get it done" and thats where it ends, the motivation an inspire part would be good for LB but something needs to make people more motivated an inspired around here, besides just being fans of hip hop/Battle rap.

TalkSick
11-27-2014, 10:23 PM
TalkSick At any time in your memory of LetsBeef, has the site ever been as, or more, inactive, in terms of battles of the mid/high tier cats (noobs going at it don't really count, IMO), as it is currently?

(Also, I'd like to get a battle in with you). At least a dozen times dude. As far a battle goes, all in good time famo.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Sooooooooooooooooo, things that have already been said 10572058038202194820372929072 times. Got it.

I've failed to encounter one as in depth as mine (not including Mod Forums)

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Good thread. One other thing is also getting people to actually do what you have just spoken about you will get a whole heap of people saying "Oh yea im feeling this guys idea, lets get it done" and thats where it ends, the motivation an inspire part would be good for LB but something needs to make people more motivated an inspired around here, besides just being fans of hip hop/Battle rap.

Your absolutely right. There's only so much we can do individually. At the end of the day, it comes down to each member.

The only thing we have to go on at the moment is love for battling and respect. Staff is slowly putting out more and more nick naks that will potentially help.

Rant
11-27-2014, 10:24 PM
At least a dozen times dude. As far a battle goes, all in good time famo.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

I've failed to encounter one as in depth as mine (not including Mod Forums)

How long your paragraph is doesn't mean anything, if you're saying the exact same thing as the last twenty members before you.

TalkSick
11-27-2014, 10:25 PM
How long your paragraph is doesn't mean anything, if you're saying the exact same thing as the last twenty members before you.

Link me to one with the same possible solutions as mine and a thread talking about inspiration to battle rap.....Don't worry, il wait....

Rant
11-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Link me to one with the same possible solutions as mine and a thread talking about inspiration to battle rap.....Don't worry, il wait....

You'll be waiting a long time, then. I don't let bitches give me orders.

TalkSick
11-27-2014, 10:32 PM
You'll be waiting a long time, then. I don't let bitches give me orders.

Yeah I didn't think so.

Arguement.

Rant
11-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Yeah I didn't think so.

Arguement.

> Implying that you knew you were a bitch all along.

Edit:

Also, argument*

TalkSick
11-27-2014, 10:41 PM
> Implying that you knew you were a bitch all along.

Edit:

Also, argument*

Seriously? You basically hit me with a "I know you are but what am I? " come back? Good grief! Sit down before you start thinking and stuff. Faaaack me!

:grass:

Rant
11-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Seriously? You basically hit me with a "I know you are but what am I? " come back? Good grief! Sit down before you start thinking and stuff. Faaaack me!

:grass:

> Agrees that he's a bitch.

> Attempts to safe face.

J u s T C
11-28-2014, 05:38 AM
http://dowant.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/The-Evil-Within-The-Keeper-Statue-Gaming-Heads-Slideshow.jpg

Pugz
11-28-2014, 08:48 AM
My next step is to make the forums more noticable for noobs.. nobles working on that with me... we will have either a landing page or just highlight the forums tab and make it hella flashy.. TalkSick i actually just commissioned some banners and flyers to be made.. you can find some of them on the lb facebook page... i encourage everyone to like us on fb.. its a great way to get the word out and keep up to date on everything we are doing on site and off... thanks for the post!

Subreal
11-28-2014, 09:31 AM
I think making the chatbox non exclusive might help, serious suggestion.

Phil Banks
11-28-2014, 11:12 AM
site has never been this inactive he's trippin...

TalkSick
11-28-2014, 11:21 AM
site has never been this inactive he's trippin...

It will come around, all in good time son. Always does and always will.

Godbody
11-28-2014, 12:19 PM
I skimmed through the post and stopped after I realized TalkSick doesn't know what he's talking about

No LB doesn't always have slow spots at all. Maybe like 2 or 3 times in 8-9 yrs.
And no you've never seen LB inactive like this before . I've been on LB since 2005 so you can't tell me otherwise

Denton
11-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Le TalkSick Talkin trueness

TalkSick
11-28-2014, 02:15 PM
I skimmed through the post and stopped after I realized TalkSick doesn't know what he's talking about

No LB doesn't always have slow spots at all. Maybe like 2 or 3 times in 8-9 yrs.
And no you've never seen LB inactive like this before . I've been on LB since 2005 so you can't tell me otherwise

With me bouncing in and out of activity since 06. I've came here numerous times and heard nothing but echos. If I hadnt experienced it, I wouldn't say it. I don't talk out of my ass for shit and giggles.

Watch in the new year and the next GC. Shit will change.....Just because you don't see heavyweights, don't mean it's super inactive.

My next question: what are you doing to help?

Side note to Staff- I would recommend getting rid of "incognito mode" and always displaying who's online. It will draw people in and maybe give some people hope.

Wonderbred
11-28-2014, 04:07 PM
TalkSick is right, we never have a problem with heavyweight turnout when it comes to big tourneys. The issue is that most of them only show up twice a year around tournament time. Pugz I think you should make a rap battle Facebook group and then use that to draw people into the actual site. There's plenty of interest out there, I see guys like Rohaan and Skizzo post in like 20 different battle groups a day. It's just a matter of getting them to come here before any other site. That's why BBE has been so successful, they know where to look for interested battlers and then strike before anyone else. That's why they get like 95% of new talent.

Mindless
11-28-2014, 06:03 PM
I would recommend getting rid of "incognito mode" and always displaying who's online.

Fuck that. I don't want you weirdos knowing I'm on and stalking me lol

TalkSick
11-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Fuck that. I don't want you weirdos knowing I'm on and stalking me lol

It's for the greater good Mind. How the halal would it hurt? Lol I find it very kosher. :grass:

Mindless
11-28-2014, 06:09 PM
I'd sooner eat ghefilta fish raw.

BeNRiCh
08-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Im still getting shoutouts on this site, I must be a lets beef legend hahah. Nah letsbeef was more than fun, I was literally obessed with this shit. Helped me develop my writing anyways.. @talkslick I'm recording a project atm, check out my last drop- Listen to Started From The Bottom Remix by BeNRiCh88 #np on #SoundCloud
SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

P.s. has this site even got anyone on here worth battling anymore?

Ragnarok
08-19-2015, 11:40 AM
its really not that inactive here. if any of you faggots actually battled avidly youd see that.

sure its not like you say it was in the past, but its 2k15 not 06'. just battle, be positive an try to help LB all this overstating is corny

RhetoriK
08-19-2015, 11:37 PM
TalkSick

*raises fist*