PDA

View Full Version : WHO KILLED HIP HOP

Tha Czar
11-15-2014, 02:21 PM
I've been hearing for years that hip hop is dead. Do you believe it is? If so, which artist, what song, and/or what event in history killed the industry we know presently?

Babylon
11-15-2014, 02:38 PM
This whole god damn topic is such a large crock of bullshit that I can't even fathom why people still buy into it's concept.

MUSIC.
IS.
SUBJECTIVE.

Every single element of HipHop has it's place, from Nas to Waka flocka. Hiphop is one of the most livening, thought provoking & generally monumental cultures spurred from music in the history of human-kind. Because of this, hunreds of subset genres have surfaced to compensate for the personality differences invoked by the large number of people within the culture. These vast personality differences were compensated for by the banding together of those like-minded groups, then after years passed these groups evolved into larger subset genres (almost to the point of creating their own genre's themselves, much like the entirety of the "techno" genre) and became essentially big cogs in the winding machine that is HipHop.

There is no "HipHop is dead" bullshit. There's just artists whom you happen to dislike finding fame through facets that mostly are well deserved yet people like you are too closed minded to understand and see talent in places that don't fit into your personal stencil. Think outside of the box.

EDIT: "You" didn't actually mean OP, an existential "you" is implied for personality factor within the readers.

J u s T C
11-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Good to see L.B still alive and thriving. Thanks for the food for thought. Never thought about this before.

Doer
11-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Hip hop is not dead. I think it's just the fact that there's new artiist in the industry that just don't compare to the older days of hip hop. For example, Young Thug.... Fucking hate that dyslexic bitch -...-

lllllllllllll
11-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Fuck Hip Hop.. Listen to whatever you like.. S/O to Jhene Aiko's Sailed Out album.

Subreal
11-15-2014, 09:05 PM
It was young thug

lol no1 can watch this shit and tell me he doesn't have a way below average IQ. he doesn't even understand the questions being asked.

YGYLr_8MOyU

Doer
11-15-2014, 09:31 PM
It was young thug

lol no1 can watch this shit and tell me he doesn't have a way below average IQ. he doesn't even understand the questions being asked.

YGYLr_8MOyU

Lmaoooo nigga said "that's a hard question" DEEEEAAAAD

COFFIN DODGER
11-15-2014, 09:42 PM
I think it was professor plum , in the study , with a lead pipe..

Shodan
11-15-2014, 10:18 PM
The closest there can be to a "real answer" (if you don't consider modern hip-hop to be a real form of hip-hop) is as follows: the executives, record labels, producers, and prison owners (gotta use violent music to keep that crime rate up) promoting these terrible, commercialized artists.

Fidel Z
11-15-2014, 11:25 PM
"Hip Hop is alive and well, if it died you other crews wouldn't survive the smell" - Joe Budden

Babylon
11-15-2014, 11:51 PM
^Always liked that line.

lllllllllllll
11-16-2014, 12:01 AM
The real question is... Did Hip Hop ever live??

I always thought the Hip Hop world was about what you liked, not who's doing good on the charts.

Subreal
11-16-2014, 12:58 AM
XLO4mB9PtrE

Fidel Z
11-16-2014, 01:06 AM
^Always liked that line.

Yeah, his whole verse was dope

Supsie
11-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Mainstream hip hop these days is terrible really sucks imo but the underground is still out there.

Fredo Lombardi
11-16-2014, 08:29 PM
pretty much for me I listen to lots of other genres nowadays

Ocularis Van Leer
11-18-2014, 01:54 AM
For the record
Rock artists say rock is dead. It's more a perception of what said artist is making music for. Some artist truly feed the machine that fires the school-to-prison pipeline.

Fredo Lombardi
11-18-2014, 06:56 PM
For the record
Rock artists say rock is dead. It's more a perception of what said artist is making music for. Some artist truly feed the machine that fires the school-to-prison pipeline.

its refreshing to someone who only listened to hip hop for years though

Erupt da Monsta
11-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Hip hop is far from dead... its just evolved... sure you have artist that put out garbage talking about garbage... but then you have cats like J.Cole, Wale, Big Krit, Joey Badass, Kendrick, that keep this shit going mainstream wise... Not to mention the shitload of underground heads.

Kanye west pretty much hits it on the head with how he progressively works to influence the game. Shits just evolved.. new generation etc...

The way J.Cole composes his songs tho..... thats hip hop.. brah is a genius.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Speaking of Joey Badass tho... brah killed this joint... the video is what i like mainly tho

Joey Bada$$ - "Christ Conscious" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Student
11-18-2014, 09:25 PM
As Long As Childish Gambino Is Putting Out Music, Hip-Hop Is Far From Dead.

Rant
11-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Rant.

Manhattan
11-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Always thought Childish Gambino was kind of shit but Student link me some of his best. I can't make a judgment when I haven't fully listened

JAGNEW
11-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Lil Wayne.

lllllllllllll
11-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Childish Gambino be reachin..

As long as J.Cole rappin we 100

Manhattan
11-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Ya Joey Bada$$ is my favorite mainstream artist right now no doubt Erupt

Manhattan
11-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Childish Gambino be reachin..

As long as J.Cole rappin we 100

Some good J.Cole songs? List em haha

lllllllllllll
11-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Some good J.Cole songs? List em haha

Just download Born Sinner

Songs like Chaining Day, villuminati, J and the snakes, Runaway, all dope.

Manhattan
11-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Ya I just peeped those tracks. I can vibe with it....he has a good flow and vibe to em. The rhymes pretty damn basic though....but that's just me hating on single rhymes

lllllllllllll
11-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Yea cole can be that way but dudes a good writer.. Basic rhyming fits most of his songs tho I mean he can get more complex but some niggas just stick with what the fans like the most.

Student
11-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Always thought Childish Gambino was kind of shit but Student link me some of his best. I can't make a judgment when I haven't fully listened

This Is The Kind Of Shit That's "Killing" Hip-Hop, People Dissing Without Giving Artists A Chance. Real Shit.

Respect You're Trying To See I Was Just Making A Point, Here Are Some Of His Greatest Hits So Far:
Childish Gambino LES Official Music Video - YouTube
Childish Gambino - Telegraph Ave ("Oakland" By Lloyd) - YouTube
Childish Gambino - 3005 - YouTube
Childish Gambino - Kids - YouTube
I. The Party - Childish Gambino - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCg-Lo0yqH8

Tha Czar
11-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Childish gambino is the shit. I say him asap rocky j cole kendrick kevin gates kanye. Lil wayne sort of slowly going back to "carter 2 weezy"

Childish Gambino - Worldstar [Because The Internet] - YouTube

Childish Gambino - You Know Me - YouTube

lllllllllllll
11-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Moni girl got the Crimson Chin

Erupt da Monsta
11-20-2014, 01:09 AM
Ya I just peeped those tracks. I can vibe with it....he has a good flow and vibe to em. The rhymes pretty damn basic though....but that's just me hating on single rhymes

Brah..... This joint right here got me through some ruff times.... He can be mad lyrical if he wants too... but brah keeps it 1000 he like em in a way the way you can feel how real the shit is.. you can relate to brahs struggle

J Cole Dollar And A Dream 3 - 2011 - YouTube

Punk knows wassup... but yeah Joey killin shit ...

Childish Gambino is dope as fuck haha... Homie does everything he wants ..comedy... standup.. write for tv.... act... dudes going to be a legend overall I havent really seen anyone like him as an artist overall tbh... the sky is the limit for him.

FreezyCT
11-20-2014, 04:40 AM
Disclosure - Latch feat. Sam Smith (Official Video) - YouTube

LyricalGenius722
11-20-2014, 06:09 AM
Hip hop is NOT DEAD... I think it just gets a bad name from posers rapping some stupid shit that everyone has already heard before. Like getting money, fucking bitches and "busting gats". Then they slap a stupid title on it and categorize it as "HIP HOP" when in all actuality, its shit rap. Hip hop was not meant for people bragging about money, cars and clothes *cough* DRAKE *cough*. I think hip hop is about telling a story people can relate to or understand on a beat people can nod their head to.

Tha Czar
11-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Lmaoo @ Crimson chin.. That actually got me rollin. Drake be SNAPPIN on some songs though

Erupt one of the best j cole songs out

SHARK BOY_
11-20-2014, 09:14 AM
lil wayne did

V3numb
11-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Brah..... This joint right here got me through some ruff times.... He can be mad lyrical if he wants too... but brah keeps it 1000 he like em in a way the way you can feel how real the shit is.. you can relate to brahs struggle

J Cole Dollar And A Dream 3 - 2011 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt1tEXjtLDg)

Punk knows wassup... but yeah Joey killin shit ...

Childish Gambino is dope as fuck haha... Homie does everything he wants ..comedy... standup.. write for tv.... act... dudes going to be a legend overall I havent really seen anyone like him as an artist overall tbh... the sky is the limit for him.

J. Cole ft Kevin Cossom - Leave Me Alone ( Lyrics in description) - YouTube

Student
11-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Drake Is Dope, I Don't Know What Y'all Are Talking About.

Babylon
11-20-2014, 09:18 PM
^Some of his tracks are dope as fuck, all his production & mixing are super dope too.

Fidel Z
11-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Drake is the man

JAGNEW
11-21-2014, 06:24 AM
Fidel Z

Obv course he is, he's part of YMCMB, wayne's crack house.

Doer
11-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Drake do be snapping. Draft day, jodeci, motion, only, get off the nigga lol

Ocularis Van Leer
11-24-2014, 05:23 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'M guessing iggy azalea beating out drake and emenim for best hiphop album has something to do with it

Student
11-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Drake - 6 God (Prod. by Boi-1da & Syk Sense) - YouTube