PDA

View Full Version : How would a Scottish dude do it??

JAGNEW
10-31-2014, 07:19 AM
For starters I make music. What I want to know, what would I ever do to get out in the Hip Hop Industry if it ever came to that. I know in the U.S. it's like you can send demo's and shit but i've researched all that here in Scotland and I can't find shit, i'm still at a young age so this could be future shit.

Any clues on what to do?

Wraxius
10-31-2014, 07:44 AM
Move to/Visit the US...That's what a lot of people do. Think of it like boxing...There's money elsewhere and you can do it, but you won't get the exposure you can get if you do it in America. Basically you'd have to push yourself on the streets there most likely, and get on via local radio stations. Lot easier to get put on here, imo. If moving/visiting the US isn't an option, just make a CD and hand em out the old fashioned way. Of course I'm not from Scotland so I don't know what's available and what's not.

JAGNEW
10-31-2014, 07:47 AM
I'm 17. Wouldn't visit U.S. on my own atm, it would need to be as a vacation in the summer probably. How am I suppose to get known in 3 weeks though if it comes to that. Next thing, i'm on my way out back to UK.

Phil Banks
10-31-2014, 07:59 AM
age of the internet with good music an consistent releases you would try to build a fan base online... watch interviews an read up about the industry understand what you want... a record deal is a myth these days you need to build a brand by yourself an find some sort of indy label to distrubute if you want hard copies of your music but honestly you really only need a youtube an itunes account n consistent releases IMO

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

you would really only need to goto NY if you got rly big so i wouldnt even think about that.... look @ dudes like wax , mackelmore, currensy.... all 3 of these guys did it independent..... where as say a Kendrick Lamar has about 3 different labels takin a piece of his pie... but I would focus more on how wax an mackelmore used the net to build a base

Hubert Cumberdale
10-31-2014, 10:20 AM
There is NO reason to visit America. Guys like Professor Green, Dizzee Rascal and Rizzle Kicks wouldnt have stood a chance had they went to the US.

Really, you're just asking a question everyone on this site is asking; how do I make it?

Subreal
10-31-2014, 10:57 AM
I mean, that faggot justin bieber got discovered solely via youtube if i'm right

lllllllllllll
10-31-2014, 10:59 AM
Your not gonna make it... Give up that dream.

Subreal
10-31-2014, 11:01 AM
N if you make music, why do u have 0 audio battles on here and 0 tracks, let us check it out lol

JAGNEW
10-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Aye Its Punk

Never give up. Is that something you do daily?

lllllllllllll
10-31-2014, 11:55 AM
I just know your not. Your talking about getting noticed in 3 weeks. ouI mea you have nothing to offer. I havent heard a single song, you just made a thread asking how to get in the industry. Do you have your artist social medias put together and running? Hows your music quality sounding? Do you make music that people wanna give a second listen to? Are you interested in doing live shows? Do you have loyal producers willing to work with you so you dont get sued for making profit off soneone elses instrumentals? Do you make your own?

What are you good for?............. Your not gonna make it.

Nah im jk. Im only being mean today.... sorry bud

JAGNEW
10-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Aye Its Punk

I hope your joking bro, we all have them moods.

I'm just gonna start recording man, I know i'll take time to develop but you'll see tracks from me, period.