PDA

View Full Version : My Suggestions to Boost LB

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Firstly, with improvements rolling out on the site, I think all of us are slightly more motivated. I actually have completely lost interest in the site, but I've been here for 7 and a half years so that's to be expected. With the brass actually wanting to bring some technological improvements around here, then we can help out the recruiting process. Here's a couple of suggestions I think will make a big difference.

1) Utilize Twitter:- I was speaking to NOBLE about this. Like a month ago, one of our twitter guys got Conceited to shoutout LB to his 67k followers. One person retweeted his shoutout, the LB page, and that's it. None of us even knew about this. It should have been circulated around the entire site, and all of our twitter using faggots could have gave a boost to it. Twitter is a powerful tool for businesses in this day in age. The most important aspect of this is followers, and generally the best technique to get followers it to follow everyone. I think whoever we have running the twitter, or potentially a new person, could spend ages over there getting LB connected. Just sit there and click the follow button for an hour straight. Get LB following everyone, which in turn will result in people following LB, people thanking LB for the follow, and most importantly people having LB's messages pop up on their screen. This will help with future connections with people too, because LB could use Twitter to promote other people's music or websites or whatever too. Hell, the LB twitter page is named "My Info" for some reason.

2) Utilize Facebook - Facebook works slightly differently. We don't need people following the FB page, but we can use it to promote the site around everywhere. There are loads of battle groups on Twitter where no one knows about LB. In addition, there are loads of rap pages in general that could be promoted on. I'd imagine the official Eminem page would get hundreds of posts on their pictures or whatever a day. If you could spread LB around pages like that, then you're opening yourself up to a market of people that weren't doing stuff before. I did this on my original Bebo battling page, which ended up with 16k views and 1k members, which is fairly massive for something like Bebo.

3) Youtube Promotion - You guys have all clicked instrumentals on Youtube and seen every single guy in the comments dropping lyrics. There are people, writing their shit...and they aren't on a website like this. There are thousands of people doing this, so how many of them do you reckon might be up for joining a site like this?

4) Connecting with Rap Sites - There are Hip Hop News sites, black culture sites like Black Planet, World Star Hip Hip etc. which all have a heavy following of rap fans. If LB could get an advertisement on one of those sites, or perhaps try to get an article posted on one of those sites, that could be great. One thing MMATycoon does, a website I'm on, is offer people bonuses for using an account named MMATycoon.com on other MMA websites. While we wouldn't have bonuses, we do have a site full of people who go on sites like these anyways. Get a few people to post around the net under the name Letsbeef.com with their sig having some information about freestyling and battling on the website.

5) Get Real Rappers Involved - Back in the day, LB exploded on the scene through the Lil Flip shit. This was a real rapper willing to battle our Grand Champion. I believe it didn't pan out, but it got LB some mass exposure. Now only is that something we could try and do again, but we already have big name rappers out there like Conceited and Charron with histories on LB. If we could try and convince one of them to jump on here and do an audio battle with one of our guys, that would really get a lot of people on LB looking at us.

There's a lot of stuff we can do which doesn't seem too difficult. Pugz and Mic Check already have a decent amount of connections and we've been promoting them through the Twitter page already. This could easily be boosted and capitalized on through web mediums. Make LB look like it's doing something big for upcomming artists. Try and get the guys we're promoting on the site, or at the very least get them to return the favour by shouting out Letsbeef to their twitter followers or whatever.

Food for thought.

Babylon
10-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Cosigned everything.

Pugz
NOBLE

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 01:15 PM
I don't think we specifically need Pugz and NOBLE's input. With the exception of Twitter, the members themselves can set all of this up.

Obey
10-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Vine is probably the biggest social media platform right now for boosting careers and music, websites.. etc. I'd say try to create a vine and have 6 second freestyles going off w/ different members daily or couple times a week. It'd bring direction from other viewes and also labels that scout vine now for music sensations.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 01:25 PM
^Another good suggestion.

Don't get me wrong, I HATE all of this social networking bullshit, but then again I suppose that's what we're all doing now. That's the way the world's going and they are powerful marketing tools.

Denton
10-27-2014, 01:33 PM
When did conceited do that? I haven't been on the LB twitter in a week so...

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 01:49 PM
https://twitter.com/ConceitedNYC/status/516725483208454144

RULE
10-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Back in my admin days i contacted Charron, Conceited & Real Talk about doing a one off battle on LB.

All would require a fee, and a decent sized one at that.

I think aiming for an Olde English battle would be a good first step, the guys just under the top tier on Dont Flop, and i think he'd be a viable person to contact for a advertised battle.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 03:48 PM
I battled Olde English. It got like 15 votes and he used lines like "I'll turn him sideways like an Asian vagina". So yeah...not exactly top of the ladder.

Would those guys require a fee for an audio battle? I'm sure if you word it a certain way they might be up for throwing one of those in.

J u s T C
10-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Why are you regurgitating, you know it won't be put into practice. You wasted all that time for a few forum posts to fill up a thread.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 04:09 PM
What do you think I'm asking for? Mod help? Pugz and NOBLE? I couldnt give a fuck about all of them. WE, the people who want the site to stick around, can do all of this. I'm intending on spamming LB pout loads tomorrow.

J u s T C
10-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Well you'll be doing it pretty much on your own with little to no effect.

People love to sit around bitching about how shit never gets done, but flip the script by asking them to do their part and it's either

*slowly backs away for the exit*

or

"YEAH YEAH LETS DO IT". until they get board.... in double quick time.

Enjoy.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 04:19 PM
YOU are the one doing that shit.

How is one person doing shit not going to help?

I kind of need to stop and wonder why the fuck you and Pulse log on? Do you vote? Battle? Increase activity? Even have conversations? Literally, I would like a short breakdown of what the day to day is for Just C when he logs onto Letsbeef.

Rant
10-27-2014, 04:58 PM
So, basically, all of the things I mentioned two months ago, guys. Get on it.

J u s T C
10-27-2014, 05:41 PM
I've been here since 2007. I don't need a purpose. Sorry you're butt hurt that I KNOW. yes.. KNOW that you're wasting your time with this.

People entertaining this shit like shit'll change or work LMAO. ok.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 06:01 PM
It's worked before. I got loads of people from advertising like this in 2008. And before you say "It was a different time then", yeah, for us. It's not different for these guys. Someone like Fidel Z isn't thinking the site sucks now cause it's not 2008. He's thinking he likes the site because of how it is right now. So if we can get the traffic in, with the site actually making some progress, its time for the members to do the same.

J u s T C
10-27-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm just calling it how I see it. Not everyone's gonna be like "yeah totally man, awsome great ideas, make them happen"

And tbh I'm sick of reading all those comments now, why? because it gets said over and over again.

Brainstorm Ideas.
Get a few high 5's and fuck yeahs.
Wait for results.
Nothing.
Make duplicate thread with slight variation in the OP.

It's your time to do as you please. I'm just telling you you're wasting your time.

J u s T C
10-27-2014, 06:12 PM
More than you ever have. BTW Eth is probably cringing at your co-sign. Thanks :)

J u s T C
10-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Damn you all over my dick like the last open to secure your number 1 spot for the month.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Bnas, you are a faggot or any variation of.

Supsie
10-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Iv seen ppl rapping in comments of youtube lol. Yeah good thinking about these things bruh!

J u s T C
10-27-2014, 07:50 PM
I just noticed this down-syndrome babys dedicated a signature to me, memed image and all. I'm legit in this faggots head.

Dysfunctional
10-28-2014, 03:02 AM
I was wondering who the hell Indianapolis Jones was its Just C? Makes sense why i didn't notice then he could have walked into my house in front of my face and started breaking shit and I'd be like " Yo is anyone seeing this my shit's just breaking for no reason?" P.S lol'd at your sig saying i got work to do? Please explain what that "work" is? XD

Fidel Z
10-28-2014, 05:38 AM
Yeah good thinking about these things bruh!

Yep. Dope Ideas.

Lol @ Bnas snapping

J u s T C
10-28-2014, 08:06 AM
I was wondering who the hell Indianapolis Jones was its Just C? Makes sense why i didn't notice then he could have walked into my house in front of my face and started breaking shit and I'd be like " Yo is anyone seeing this my shit's just breaking for no reason?" P.S lol'd at your sig saying i got work to do? Please explain what that "work" is? XD

Who is this nigga?

Subreal
10-28-2014, 08:13 AM
I think the number one reason people leave the site/don't signup is because u got guys that fucking suck like 8arzILLA that are always ranked number 1. New people to the site naturally look for battles from the top ppl so they gonna go and hear/read a 8arzilla battle and say "wow this sites fucking whack". And i'm not even joking, if u go to a battle it's gonna say hes ranked no.1 this month or something and the new visitor's to the site don't know those rankings don't mean shit. So u got them thinking barzilla is the best this site has to offer when it's ass backwards.

J u s T C
10-28-2014, 08:20 AM
I've been saying that since day 1. But sadly, as long as you have faggots who come along to enable Bnas' delusions and mediocrity (which there are too many), it's going to be something we have to put up with.

Supsie
10-28-2014, 08:35 AM
I think the number one reason people leave the site/don't signup is because u got guys that fucking suck like 8arzILLA that are always ranked number 1. New people to the site naturally look for battles from the top ppl so they gonna go and hear/read a 8arzilla battle and say "wow this sites fucking whack". And i'm not even joking, if u go to a battle it's gonna say hes ranked no.1 this month or something and the new visitor's to the site don't know those rankings don't mean shit. So u got them thinking barzilla is the best this site has to offer when it's ass backwards.

That whole paragraph made me laugh just the way you said it lol. Rest of us need to get more active!! An battle!!

lllllllllllll
10-28-2014, 09:00 AM
In gods name what the fuck have you ever done for this site? Ban active people, bully them away, theres COUNTLESS VETS that left this website because of you, JUST C.. Slypro, Jay Dub, Haz, Stot, DMK, Big-Ez, just to name a few

You crooked this website for so long people lost interest, if anything ETH is trying to pick up where you left off and that is the GOD DAMN TRUTH

You troll people, you don't battle, your damn 'ban hammer' has had more existence then you have ever had on this website

Oh, and probably you admitting your gay slowed the site down a bit :high:

ETH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Just C

BRUHHHH!! ROFL!! Idk y this post is so funny.

But Basically what Just C said. No ones motivated THAT much to go out of their way and help rebuild this site. I remember when it was the THING to become a moderator here.. People dont even care about doing that anymore.

Trust me, the ideas are dope and all but no ones gonna do them. Hell, we can barely keep up with our own twitters, facebooks, etc.

And no matter how much promotion we do on social networks, we DO get some members, we just got a problem with keeping them.

Row
10-28-2014, 09:10 AM
if the OP is so sure , he should stop making posts and get it started n keep us posted bout his progress :high:

Hubert Cumberdale
10-28-2014, 10:59 AM
I disagree about guys like Bnas. As controversial as it is, I actually like them being here.

Back in 2007, you had Cash One, Bestmceva, Real Rugger Rel etc. These guys sending out hundreds of battles a month, probably cheating all the time too. I liked that this added depth to the site. You had us forum guys all talking, then you had that complete other side of the site all talking. Guys could become life long mates and we didnt even know them. You dont get that anymore. The last time that existed was 2011. I made Master Masai and went over to "that side" of the site, talking to new guys like Phe, v3numb and MadVerbs. They seemed like clueless, potential cheaters that are new, but all of them ended up on this side of the site and were pretty well liked people by some top names.

I was over on "that side" in CSK myself, and now I'm apparently a patriarch. Guys like Bnas give people an early goal on the site. Their mission of to get in the top 10, skilful or not. Eventually, upon either achieving that goal or not, some of them join our side. Even if they dont, constantly battling always brings improvement.

Subreal
10-28-2014, 11:22 AM
I disagree about guys like Bnas. As controversial as it is, I actually like them being here.

Back in 2007, you had Cash One, Bestmceva, Real Rugger Rel etc. These guys sending out hundreds of battles a month, probably cheating all the time too. I liked that this added depth to the site. You had us forum guys all talking, then you had that complete other side of the site all talking. Guys could become life long mates and we didnt even know them. You dont get that anymore. The last time that existed was 2011. I made Master Masai and went over to "that side" of the site, talking to new guys like Phe, v3numb and MadVerbs. They seemed like clueless, potential cheaters that are new, but all of them ended up on this side of the site and were pretty well liked people by some top names.

I was over on "that side" in CSK myself, and now I'm apparently a patriarch. Guys like Bnas give people an early goal on the site. Their mission of to get in the top 10, skilful or not. Eventually, upon either achieving that goal or not, some of them join our side. Even if they dont, constantly battling always brings improvement.

It is all on first impressions, if a completely new person to the site on his first visit listens to a Bnas battle and sees he is number 1, it's not gonna motivate them to climb the ladder, it's gonna tell them the talent on the sites terrible if this guy is ranked #1, and they are gonna quit the site. They ain't gonna climb the ladder.. in their mind it's the special olympics. Ranking system is fucked.

lllllllllllll
10-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Actually, thats easy money for people who loves being at the top of ladder.

Subreal
10-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Actually, thats easy money for people who loves being at the top of ladder.

Bro, i didn't even know the top of the ladder got a cash prize. I don't think new people will lol. I'm referring to people that go to this site for the very first time ever and check out a battle/rankings etc

lllllllllllll
10-28-2014, 12:17 PM
I said nothing about cash prizes.. Im talking about new comers..

Hubert Cumberdale
10-28-2014, 01:43 PM
It is all on first impressions, if a completely new person to the site on his first visit listens to a Bnas battle and sees he is number 1, it's not gonna motivate them to climb the ladder, it's gonna tell them the talent on the sites terrible if this guy is ranked #1, and they are gonna quit the site. They ain't gonna climb the ladder.. in their mind it's the special olympics. Ranking system is fucked.

This was always the case thought. Back in 2007 when all the legends joined, the site was always filled with people who sucked.

Subreal
10-28-2014, 05:28 PM
This was always the case thought. Back in 2007 when all the legends joined, the site was always filled with people who sucked.

Well, then he is not keeping the beef on wax. In one video i even recall Bnas digging a actual hole, he then proceeded to yell to "Bring Phil's body in". Maybe the excessive real life violent threats is scaring battle rappers off of letsbeef.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Sounds like it would draw people in.

Rant
10-28-2014, 10:18 PM
1.) YouTube advertisements. Now, before this goes any further, I have no knowledge of the process of getting an advertisement included into YouTube videos. But, with the recent release of the new Letsbeef commercial, this could be a good, strategic step to garnering new members.

2.) A Letsbeef promotional team. I know that this has been tried in the past by Crysis, but, a hand selected group of members picked by staff to promote the site would be great. An online street team, if you will.

3.) Brand interconnectivity. Steps towards this are already being taken, with the collaborations between LB, and other sites for things like the Bars4Bling tournament, and the upcoming live event. But, things like site mergers, or site vs. site battles could mean a HUGE bump in activity, and could help to create a stronger buzz for Letsbeef.

4.) Sectional divisions. With the recent move by LB to live events, this, to me seems like the next most logical step. The sectional division of the country into "Letsbeef divisions." for live events. Not only does this open up letsbeef to a larger demographic, but, also exposes Letsbeef to a new audience. If people enjoy the live events put on by Letsbeef, they'll be more inclined to join the site.

5.) Letsbeef magazine revamp. Punk does a great job putting together Letsbeef mags, but, I think these could be a much more fundamental asset to the site than we realize. A branching of this magazine, with additional effort to its construction, outside of Letsbeef could attract new blood to the site. An ACTUAL, multi page online magazine could really open up some possibilities.

6.) Graphics, topicals, and production. It's no secret that these parts of the site have grown stagnant, and lackluster over the years. But, I feel that with a stronger support system, and more emphasis on these aspects of the site, we could really drive activity up a few notches. Bringing in graphics heads, or beat producers, or even topical writers could be a great step, by giving the members of the site interested in these things more to strive for, and more attention than we have, we could see our numbers increasing.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Fuck topicals. Erupt is a faggot ducker and no one votes.