PDA

View Full Version : Public Opinion Needed ... Cast Your Vote

X-Calibur
09-25-2014, 07:15 AM
Sup My Fellow LB hombre's i need your opinions on something ....

FVC Members being IM'd in regards to battles they are sleeping on is the topic....

now before anyone jumps in here and is like ooo he is trying to justify himself for what he has done wrong ... im really not im aware what i did previous was wrong but this is in the interest's of trying to promote the voting on the site promote the trust and to also open the door to the FVC being treated more like staff instead of privileged voters....

in my eye FVC are an extension of staff they have the ability to effect battles quite significantly .... now what we have to take into account with the FVC is the definition of the FVC are they ...

A. members of the community more experienced in voting and explaining there votes with advice who pick and choose when they vote

or

B. all of the above but with a set target of votes we wont them to vote on I.E they should be actively voting and hardly any battles should be closing with out an FVC vote on it???

now if we decide they are A. why have the FVC king award in place for the person who has voted the most for the month?? that in itself is an example we wont them to be voting on everything as much as possible

so my argument is the FVC are severely screened to become a FVC infact maybe more so than a MOD gets screened ... with this screening and vetting system in place they are clearly put into a postion of trust with in the staff community so why cant they fall inline with mods in terms of being able to recieve IM's as promts to go vote on battles...

if we dont want to be sending them link's in IM's then we should at least be allowed to send them reminders or hints I.E "ive dropped a link in the UFVC thread could you go check it pout" however i personally believe we should be able to drop them links in IM's as i have stated above they are in a position of trust and should be trusted to perform there tasks to the best of there abilities but we should also be able to promt them i mean look at the FVC it changes monthly in terms of members maybe thats because they are becoming lazy and arent voting however if we where able to IM them and remind them maybe there Activity wouldnt fall off and maybe we would find our sleves we a solid team in the FVC that satys around for a bit longer ....

opinions Letsbeef ...

ive Aslo attached a poll

ILLoKWENT NOBLE

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

i would also be very interested in the actual FVC members opinions to this would you guys like to receive this or do you oppose it ??

reasons to why you are for or against appreciated also....

remarK
The Dope Man
Obey
Student
Rant
FiNAL WoRD

Babylon
09-25-2014, 11:23 AM
I think they should be able to, but I sure wouldn't want dudes hitting me up 24/7 to vote on their battles if I was the one in the FVC. Shit can be annoying as fuck just from the threads imo.

But I mean, why not? Doesn't seem to be any clear reason why you can't PM them, beyond the actual rules obviously. I'm just saying that it seems like a given that you should be able to PM them to me.

X-Calibur
09-25-2014, 02:40 PM
So split 50-50 at the minute .....

Student
09-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Where's The Option That This Thread Is Try Hard And You're A Faggot? I'd Choose That One.

Denton
09-25-2014, 04:00 PM
^ too soon

X-Calibur
09-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Where's The Option That This Thread Is Try Hard And You're A Faggot? I'd Choose That One.

Once a hater always a hater I don't know why you don't like me or why you don't just get involved I know you want thins to change why have you given up ???

Great leadership qualities your showing there denton true admin sitting on the fence not taking side choosing diplomacy ... Smh

You just a fucking piggy bank admin

Denton
09-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Let me be unbiased. Fuck everyone

Manhattan
09-25-2014, 11:59 PM
IM'ing/PM'ing the FVC is a terrible idea, Which is why it was shut down when brought up in the mod lounge...and for good reason too. If people are concerned w/ a specific member (Not voting on their links) Then they should be hitting up ILLoKWENT so that he can resolve the issue by weeding them out. PM'ing someone for a vote throws in bias. Also we can't monitor their messages...meaning someone can just dick ride and throw even more bias into the mix. "Hey there pal, I noticed you didn't answer my link on your thread. I really value your opinion man you're suchhhh a good battler. Please vote on my battle whenever you're available. Thanks man! You're the best" Honestly as corny as that sounds...it will happen. This will cause so many unnecessary problems. How many times will we start seeing "Oh wow I totally thought that person was FVC...my bad". This will and should never happen

Shodan
09-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Manhattan I don't see how any of those arguments don't apply just as much to mods

Manhattan
09-26-2014, 12:15 AM
It's not really an argument when it's in fact what we decided and the truth now is it? This is no argument...it's exactly what happened. No members shall IM/PM an FVC member and that's already been discussed multiple times. Not to be a dick but did you read what I wrote. We can't monitor the msgs now can we w/ people msg'ing fvc. WE as in Mods/Admins. When someone gets at us for a vote we can do exactly that.....monitor the messages.

stricc
09-26-2014, 02:11 AM
yeah Manhattan hit tha nail on tha head...tha amount of dick suckin that would most likely take place in the im's would be ridiculous...no pun intended

WHITZ
09-27-2014, 03:05 PM
What we Need Is real voters. There is an art to making battles and there is an art to voting and determining the winner.

Maybe start a Judges panel who are strictly judges for battles, contests and tournaments instead of the FVC. Try doing it like fights. Point system based off performance, since there is only one round - base it off all the categories of lyricism. DO a trial just for the fuck of it.. you aint got nothing to lose.

The Ghost of Freak
10-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Manhattan , pretty much gave the official mod answer to X-Calibur 's original question.

Yet, I feel the thread has evolved the discussion....

WHITZ has a great idea starting to formulate here, which could potentially make LB and FVC stronger. ILLoKWENT , NOBLE , DJ Denton , Pugz

I would like to add/modify his "LB Judge" title idea to require the 1000+ votes awards and current/previous membership in FVC to earn this title.

Once the "LB Judge" title is earned, it would give the individual 3 VP as a mod has, and can only be revoked through a process initiated by whoever is running FVC ( ILLoKWENT ) that would require a majority vote by the rest of the current FVC and maybe even Mod members to take away cet title.

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA THAT WOULD ENCOURAGE VOTING BY REWARDING THE MOST EXPERIENCED VOTERS FOR JOBS WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

Plus, it would be relatively simple to program and would launch a Judging Panel Pool for future LB Live Events!!!!

SMART STUFF RIGHT HERE!

s/o to WHITZ for the initial concept!!... Let's make this shit happen.

X-Calibur
10-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Mods have 4vp and FVC already have 3vp what your talking about is a higher voter than the FVC like an elite FVC ???

I see where your going but iunno ....

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Mods have 4vp and FVC already have 3vp what your talking about is a higher voter than the FVC like an elite FVC ???

I see where your going but iunno ....

The Ghost of Freak
10-04-2014, 08:00 PM
X-Calibur ... My bad, I meant 4 VP for Judges/FVC Elite like Mods have, but with all the requirements I mentioned above.

I think its a good idea since we just established the voting awards and the 1000+ votes is a pretty major benchmark as far as voting awards is concerned.

X-Calibur
10-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Is there really a need for it tho are the FVC not good enough ? In decision making

ILLoKWENT
10-04-2014, 10:16 PM
The problem here is 1. How many 1000 +voters are there.2.how many are actually dope or established battlers. 3. How many are actually active in voting or want the responsibility every month to fil the required quota.. at this time its a nice idea but we have enough mods wit high vp that are already established voters.. all they need to do is majority just needs to be a bit more active in voting..

X-Calibur
10-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Agree ^^^^

WHITZ
10-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Yeah This site still has a bad case of favoritism when it comes to voting. If it aint a hot name.. these mods or whoever voting are no where to be found on that battle or tourney. You guys are missing you the point here. Forget the 1000+ votes.. im talkin about a team of judges who take the responsibility to judge the battles like a fight is judged. 30 point scoring system based on lyrics, delivery, emotion. could be 3 judges for per battle but we could have 30 judges split into each category for audio, text, video and championships. This will eliminate the hate voters n all that crap.

Student
10-06-2014, 01:11 PM
You Guys Seem To Forget The Fact That These "Judges" Would Be On A Volunteer Basis Much Like The FVC. Look, I'm All For Voting More When I Can But 3 Things: 1. Not That Many People Post In The UVT Threads, Steve-whateverhisnameis Posts In There Like Daily And There's Only Like 2 Other Guys Who Use It Too, 2. People In General Need To Start Voting More And Giving Explanations To Their Votes Rather Then Striving To Cover A Large Amount Of Battles (Quality Over Quantity) And 3. Be A Little More Understanding That Most Of Us Have Grown Up And Have Responsibilities To Take Care Of And While This Is A Great Hobby And All But We Can't Simply Dedicate All Our Free Time Towards It, There's Too Much Money To Be Made And Too Much Valuable Time To Spend With Our Respectful Friends And Family.

WHITZ
10-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Why dont they pay these judges then.. damn str8 this be like a job for em.. it could pay off in the end for everyone.. or stick wit what yall got n elevate it a bit. should set a limit of votes per battle so erbody has a fair chance.. not everyone thinks the same when it comes to battles..

ILLoKWENT
10-06-2014, 09:38 PM
You Guys Seem To Forget The Fact That These "Judges" Would Be On A Volunteer Basis Much Like The FVC. Look, I'm All For Voting More When I Can But 3 Things: 1. Not That Many People Post In The UVT Threads, Steve-whateverhisnameis Posts In There Like Daily And There's Only Like 2 Other Guys Who Use It Too, 2. People In General Need To Start
Voting More And Giving Explanations To Their Votes Rather Then Striving To Cover A Large Amount Of Battles (Quality Over Quantity) And 3. Be A Little More Understanding That Most Of Us Have Grown Up And Have Responsibilities To Take Care Of And While This Is A Great Hobby And All But We Can't Simply Dedicate All Our Free Time Towards It, There's Too Much Money To Be Made And Too Much Valuable Time To Spend With Our Respectful Friends And Family.
Amen......

The Ghost of Freak
10-10-2014, 11:10 AM
My point on creating the Judge title was more to incentivize more voting by both FVC and regular users with the opportunity to gain the highest VP possible.

It was just an idea since the voting awards were just created…

But, I understand the logistical difficulties.

Silver Dollar Sam
10-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Yeah This site still has a bad case of favoritism when it comes to voting. If it aint a hot name.. these mods or whoever voting are no where to be found on that battle or tourney. You guys are missing you the point here. Forget the 1000+ votes.. im talkin about a team of judges who take the responsibility to judge the battles like a fight is judged. 30 point scoring system based on lyrics, delivery, emotion. could be 3 judges for per battle but we could have 30 judges split into each category for audio, text, video and championships. This will eliminate the hate voters n all that crap.

problem with this would be...if those selected judges arent active then I guess we have a lack of votes or none at all...what happens to those battles then? dont get me wrong...I love ur idea of have a judge panel like how fights are done, anything is better then having fucktards like Olli, BarzIlla, Lynwood shame etc vote on your battles...some retards costing ppl battles...

so im with you on this one WHITZ