PDA

View Full Version : New Kendrick Lamar single : "I"

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 06:10 AM
i - Kendrick Lamar (Official Single) - YouTube

Some people arn't feelin it..... but I fucks with the direction bro is going.. this shit is hiphop, and is music..... abstract production wise, and the whole concept is dope ....... hook could use a little more umph..but Its safe to say i like this song

Fidel Z
09-24-2014, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I heard this yesterday. it's cool, I fuck with it

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 06:38 AM
I feel like he is trying to make a statement with this song... Like i gave you good kid mad city... but now that thats out way.. Ima show yall who kendrick really is... this me.. love it or hate it idgaf... I love me.

Godbody
09-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Imo this shit aint Hip Hop and its just corny..

His excuse for this wackery was that people put him in a certain 'box' after good kid mad city and he was explaining how your listeners hold you back sometimes because they want you in that box

regardless of the explanation he gave there were other songs he could've made conceptually that woulda took him outta that box...this shit is just garbage. lyrically. the beat, everything

the only thing good about it imo is the message.. "i love myself"

but this just confirms what i been tellin people for a minute

Kendrick Lamar aint nothin special. above average, sure. but he's no J. Cole or Drake.

Fidel Z
09-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Kendrick Lamar aint nothin special. above average, sure. but he's no J. Cole or Drake.

:clap:

Godbody
09-24-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm actually mad as hell this song is getting praise by people

if anybody else made this shit it'd be their ass

but since Kendrick brought niggas good kid mad city & that Control verse ppl feel obliged to dickride him as if he did Hip Hop mad favors

this some corny ass Taylor Swift shit...Hip Hop is about masterfully puttin lyrics together to convey a message whether you're story telling, talkin that street shit, or talkin that i grew up skateboarding shit

this is pop hop

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 11:12 AM
That's your opinion....... You're entitled to it.. but please save me your long as paragraphs about how someone sucks n isn't this and that and try to portray it as fact ..... its your opinion pimp

This isn't pop hop tho.... this is more along the lines of the roots .. the real instruments, has an old school vibe, the more i listen to this joint the more it grows on me..... Haven't heard a track like it in mainstream hip hop in a min...

The message is dope, lyrics are dope, I fucks with it ... I think sometimes cats get used to hearin an Artist do one or two styles n get accustomed to it, then when they hear another style from the artist they don't know how to take it.

Godbody
09-24-2014, 11:20 AM
The roots? when you made a thread about favorite bands I knew ya head wasnt in the right place

you're on some weirdo nigga hipster shit Erupt. Wake up. It's not my opinion. It's fact.

Hip-Hop is KRS One, Kool Herc, Rakim, Nas, Jay-Z...just to name a few that help pioneered the shit

Not these sit in the back of the classroom quiet ass weirdo niggas tryna be super artsy and abstract

the fact that you define this track as a Hip-Hop track clearly shows that you have no idea what you're talking about

go listen to some Jadakiss or Fabolous or some shit bruh cuz you're so out of touch i even refuse to believe its actually you

these new school kids got the shit fucked up

Hip-Hop needs sub genres..

of all people on this site I stay more true to the genre than most given I work in the mecca...So everyone around here lives and breathes the shit. Big Pun & Terror Squad art work everywhere.. Kool Herc graffiti...etc etc etc... you sound like you're conforming to the new school sound while at the same time failing to realize the new school sound is the commercialized sound to make $$$ and try to sound 'catchy' and 'out of the box' Hip-Hop wasnt about none of that shit. it was about who had skill & who had respect

if that Kendrick song was Hip-Hop then so was Pharrel's "happy" song

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 11:20 AM
And hip hop is about self expression in general.. not just lyrics ... Show me 5 songs that sound like this in hip hop/rap right now..... and I'll show you 10 that sound like J. Coles new joint

emceekilgore
09-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Meh, i really don't care for this track. As long as this is a one off and not indicative of what his album sounds like, i'm ok with it.

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 11:25 AM
lol .... Pulse.. you callin the roots weird hipster shit? lol I listen to every type of music there is b... Country, jazz, metal, rock, classical, etc... Im an Artist bruh... you seem to be stuck in a time warp from 1990 b...... Let it go....

Godbody
09-24-2014, 11:44 AM
And hip hop is about self expression in general.. not just lyrics ... Show me 5 songs that sound like this in hip hop/rap right now..... and I'll show you 10 that sound like J. Coles new joint

You're wrong. Hip-Hop is 1,000% up and down about the lyrics... MUSIC is about self expression in general

In which case you could say some shit like 'i fuck with this Kendrick joint because of his musicality..or because of X, Y, & Z'...but to call it Hip-Hop and even go as far as to say its the roots of Hip-Hop is a smack in the face to everyone that pioneered the shit and cares for the craft enough to sit back and scrutinize every lyric they tryna write until everything sounds polished and the flow is there etc

now if this praise was for his GKMC album i'd agree because it was a good Hip-Hop album. but just because he gave us a good Hip-Hop album doesnt mean everything he does musically outside of his realm is Hip Hop

& you meant The Roots as in Black Thought/Questlove? nah...don't disrespect The Roots like that. musically & Hip-Hop wise they shit on Kendrick Lamar's existence

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 11:58 AM
You're wrong. Hip-Hop is 1,000% up and down about the lyrics... MUSIC is about self expression in general

In which case you could say some shit like 'i fuck with this Kendrick joint because of his musicality..or because of X, Y, & Z'...but to call it Hip-Hop and even go as far as to say its the roots of Hip-Hop is a smack in the face to everyone that pioneered the shit and cares for the craft enough to sit back and scrutinize every lyric they tryna write until everything sounds polished and the flow is there etc

now if this praise was for his GKMC album i'd agree because it was a good Hip-Hop album. but just because he gave us a good Hip-Hop album doesnt mean everything he does musically outside of his realm is Hip Hop

& you meant The Roots as in Black Thought/Questlove? nah...don't disrespect The Roots like that. musically & Hip-Hop wise they shit on Kendrick Lamar's existence

Nah homie.. ..... For someone that says they know so much about hip hop.... you are way off the mark b.... Do ya research.. lyrics is only a portion of hip hop...

Hip Hop is an umbrella term that encompasses many genres..... There are at least seven recognized elements in Hip Hop: DJin', Emceein', B-Boyin', Lockin', Poppin', Beat-Boxin', and Urban Art...

Lyrics are just part of hip hop:grass:

Godbody
09-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Now lemme ask you

what 7 elements did that Kendrick Lamar song encompass

it wasnt DJin. Emceein. B-Boyin, Lockin, Poppin, or Beat-Boxin.. & by Urban Art that means graffiti and other artforms created by minority youth

that Kendrick Lamar track didn't embody any of those 7 elements

just stop tryna justify that trash...lol niggas always wanna find a wave to ride so they can say they were the first to ride that shit...shit is just corny

dont be a conforming co-signer...push the envelope and stop accepting mediocrity

Babylon
09-24-2014, 12:26 PM
oh hey look godbody is typing again.

Where's that spiderman guy when you need him?

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Now lemme ask you

what 7 elements did that Kendrick Lamar song encompass

it wasnt DJin. Emceein. B-Boyin, Lockin, Poppin, or Beat-Boxin.. & by Urban Art that means graffiti and other artforms created by minority youth

that Kendrick Lamar track didn't embody any of those 7 elements

just stop tryna justify that trash...lol niggas always wanna find a wave to ride so they can say they were the first to ride that shit...shit is just corny

dont be a conforming co-signer...push the envelope and stop accepting mediocrity

1. You said hip hop is not about self expression... yet all 7 of those elements are forms of self expression... 2.You say hip hip is 10000 percent about lyrics.. yet you were proven wrong. 3. You list 5 rappers that all used the same type of beats/same message and talk about "pushing an envelope" and conforming... 4. you talk about niggas trying to find a wave to ride but your whole lb existence youve been riding the AZ 1990's wave lmao kill yourself kid

Hip hop is 'self expression'.... I got three words for you b.... I love myself

cant forget the ez 100

Godbody
09-24-2014, 12:36 PM
You just made yourself look like a dumbass by dodging everything I've thrown at you

you've yet to answer how Kendrick's song encompasses any of those elements

& you got the mental capacity of a monkey or what? lmao if I'm speaking about a SONG and talking about HIP HOP in regards to a SONG i'm obviously talking music. Why the fuck would I be talking B-boyin or Beat boxin? How you gonna try to make a point and lose all credibility in the process? lmao

and MUSIC wise, Hip-Hop is ALL about the lyrics. if you make it to the industry any real nigga with a passion for the genre would tell you that because obviously your crowd is the Avril Lavigne/Justin Timberlake type

& i made like 3 threads about AZ and i been here like what, 8 yrs? that aint shit

fruity ass nigga

Babylon
09-24-2014, 12:50 PM
FOUND HIM!

http://i.imgur.com/c0rcCyu.jpg

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 01:03 PM
You just made yourself look like a dumbass by dodging everything I've thrown at you

you've yet to answer how Kendrick's song encompasses any of those elements

& you got the mental capacity of a monkey or what? lmao if I'm speaking about a SONG and talking about HIP HOP in regards to a SONG i'm obviously talking music. Why the fuck would I be talking B-boyin or Beat boxin? How you gonna try to make a point and lose all credibility in the process? lmao

and MUSIC wise, Hip-Hop is ALL about the lyrics. if you make it to the industry any real nigga with a passion for the genre would tell you that because obviously your crowd is the Avril Lavigne/Justin Timberlake type

& i made like 3 threads about AZ and i been here like what, 8 yrs? that aint shit

fruity ass nigga

please jump off a cliff and kill yourself kid

Godbody
09-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Cmon b at least have the decency to backup the bullshit you be talkin

you lost da God's respect blood

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 02:11 PM
You know nothing of hip hop..... And it moves me to witness how you kids lose sight of what hip hop originally represented... You mentioned KRS ONE earlier right? Well in this video he explains the elements of hip hop.. and what it represents.. "Peace, Love, unity, and having fun"... on that Afrika bambaataa tip

"I love myself"........ hip hop. Not once did KRS mention lyrics. Lyrics are simply a way of conveying the message.. A part of hip hop.. the message is what hip hop represents at its core...you say you fuck with the message of the song.. but it's not hip hop?

KRS-ONE: Part 2: 40 Years of Hip Hop History at Fresno State: - YouTube

class is in session

Godbody
09-24-2014, 02:16 PM
KRS didn't invent Hip-Hop...& he was far from one of the nicest niggas to do it. his opinion on what Hip-Hop is (musically not the 7 elements) doesnt reflect what everyone thinks it is

You either get it or you dont Erupt

niggas like J. Cole...they understand. Drake? idk where his head is at musically but you cant deny where his pen is at.

the Southern niggas that grow up bumpin Ludacris & Scarface w/ a passion for puttin pen to pad and sayin some crazy shit...they understand

the Southern niggas that grow up listenin to Gucci Mane & see rap as a quick pay check..they don't understand

Lyrics are & always will be the most important part of hip-hop music...regardless of the trends, regardless of what agendas record labels got goin on.. When its all said & done most of us fell in love with Hip-Hop because we were captivated by lyrics...not because we wanted to learn the latest dance or hear about the latest trendy fashion, or because Kendrick did something different

ironically everyones trying so hard to 'break down barriers' and 'be theirself' and 'be different' that its played out & unoriginal now

& you know what? for as long as i been breathing Hip-Hop & Rap has been one...lately there's been a distinction of whats what etc etc but to most people Hip-Hop & rap are synonymous, not different genres

look @ Nas

his album "Hip Hop is Dead" but we call Nas a 'rapper'...

If you really wanna win yeah w/e this corny shit is considered 'hip-hop' by today's youth (sadly) but lets not go as far as to say its rap at least

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Wake up. It's not my opinion. It's fact.

Hip-Hop is KRS One, Kool Herc, Rakim, Nas, Jay-Z...just to name a few that help pioneered the shit

^^ You were saying? Dont tell me "Hip hop is KRS One.... who helped pioneer the shit..." then tell me you don't think that way... You are a walking contradiction pulse.

By todays standards this is hip hop? By KRS ONEs, Rakims, Afrika bambaataa's standards "the ones who helped pioneer this shits" standards this is hip hop son.

I understand where your heart is at.. and it's in a good place... your mind just hasn't put the pieces together fully b... fwm nigga... You might learn something about hip hop

Godbody
09-24-2014, 03:01 PM
^^ You were saying? Dont tell me "Hip hop is KRS One.... who helped pioneer the shit..." then tell me you don't think that way... You are a walking contradiction pulse.

By todays standards this is hip hop? By KRS ONEs, Rakims, Afrika bambaataa's standards "the ones who helped pioneer this shits" standards this is hip hop son.

I understand where your heart is at.. and it's in a good place... your mind just hasn't put the pieces together fully b... fwm nigga... You might learn something about hip hop

I said KRS One was a pioneer ...I didn't say KRS One wrote the bible

& by Rakim & Afrika Bambaataa's standards? Don't throw them in the mix when you dont know if thats their opinion lol

my mind has all the pieces put together...I respect skill. I respect people that take that skill and try to take it to the next level. I respect people that keep the integrity of their craft/genre intact using that skill.

this is a move in a whole different direction & it's not a good thing. no matter how you look at it its a bad look. you could say "i told you guys Kendrick wasnt one dimensional" or "the message is positive" but that doesnt change that its a bad look for the genre in general...if anything classify that song as pop or as a new sub genre of Hip-Hop but dont confuse niggas by putting out a masterpiece like GKMC then this bullshit

today's youth is stupid/gullible/easily influenced. the last thing we need is a generation of kids growing up on songs like this then putting out their interpretation of Hip-Hop/Rap and it being so far from the essence... because songs like this are inspiring them to 'innovate' and 'think outside of the box'

Erupt da Monsta
09-24-2014, 03:01 PM
this guys voice is super fucking annoying to me

i find that hes a very love/hate artist

i cant really get into him heavy

Yeah i've heard a few people say that about his voice.

Godbody
09-24-2014, 05:09 PM
that can't be a serious question

the same reason we should stop polluting & stop going to war

to set an example. the earth is yours temporarily but its humanitys forever. that means your kids will share this shit with my kids if we have any. im not tryna raise no dumb ass sucker nigga that thinks being overly emotional is poppin and has an eye for skirts and heels

Babylon
09-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Lol @ everyone being so musically elitist.

Guess what fuckers, opinions exist. Just because you think something is shit doesn't mean another won't love the fuck out of it & throw money at it.

With that in mind, I liked the track. I'm new to Kendrick, really enjoying his discography.

lllllllllllll
09-25-2014, 01:21 AM
Song's booty

Erupt da Monsta
09-25-2014, 01:40 AM
Song's booty

Word.. seems to be the general consensus on LB... Niggas on twitter are all over the place in regards this song.. i fig you would fuck with it because of the sample n shit ...

I wish he did a lil more with the hook.. and extended the verses, and lost the crazy voice he usin on this... but other than that I fucks with it.. the more i listen to it the more i fucks with it

lllllllllllll
09-25-2014, 02:10 AM
I'm too use to old K.Dot.. Him jumping into a new style out of no where threw me off.

J u s T C
09-25-2014, 12:12 PM

Not these sit in the back of the classroom quiet ass weirdo niggas tryna be super artsy and abstract

What was Kendrik saying about boxes......

Erupt da Monsta
09-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Lol @ everyone being so musically elitist.

Guess what fuckers, opinions exist. Just because you think something is shit doesn't mean another won't love the fuck out of it & throw money at it.

With that in mind, I liked the track. I'm new to Kendrick, really enjoying his discography.

Word... I was wondering what a persons opinion would be if they were relatively new to kendrick.. and not conditioned to his old music.... What do you like about the track? Trying to get an idea of what goes on in a consumers mind

Godbody
09-25-2014, 01:31 PM
What was Kendrik saying about boxes......

it doesn't matter about boxes though. i'd rather someone stick to what they're great at & if they DO decide to venture into another lane..i'd like them to keep their integrity & lyrical ability intact when showcasing that they're not one dimensional

Kendrick Lamar is just being a try hard faggot. & some ppl say shit like 'this is who he really is' lol no it isnt old Kendrick doesnt sound like this

this sounds like some nigga that heard Kanye's rant about getting into the fashion industry and being different and original and shit and he tried to do the same on a song and failed miserably

only corny ass niggas like Rosenberg from Hot 97 like this shit.

J u s T C
09-25-2014, 02:30 PM
I can't believe you said.

This isn't hip hop.
Lyrics are hip hop
KRS is hip hop.

Erupt posts the KRS video explaining HIS view on hip hop, which didn't mention lyrics.
Then act like KRS' interpretation is wrong and should be disregarded.

You can't have it both ways, you just can't.

And Erupt is right. Hip Hop has multiple elements.

Gonna listen to the track now.

Fidel Z
09-25-2014, 02:30 PM
I actually fuck with this song heavy now, been bumping it all day. It grew on me. I thought it was 'aiight' at first, shit's dope

J u s T C
09-25-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm not getting the problem with the track. It's just meh. I like the beat. It's not amazing but it's a bit different. It's definitely not BAD . but KL is just making noise to me. He's there and filling in the space but he's not really doing anything with it/saying anything of any significance for me.

Thats probably more down to the direction they went with with the vocal mix and effects more than anything else.

Never really been a fan of him though tbh. His voice is whiney and nazaly and the way hard pronounces his consonant's irritates the shit out of me.

Erupt da Monsta
09-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Yeah Fidel Z ... song just puts you in a good mood if anything... don't really listen to it for the lyrics... more so for the good vibrations.

just C .. I feel exactly where you are coming from in regards to the track. For me it just hits home I guess... I believe too many people look outside themselves for validation instead of looking inward. I was that way at one point so I can relate to what Kendrick is conveying. Its the message that really makes me like the song tbh.. there are a few dope lines here and there in the track.

Godbody
09-25-2014, 05:28 PM
I can't believe you said.

This isn't hip hop.
Lyrics are hip hop
KRS is hip hop.

Erupt posts the KRS video explaining HIS view on hip hop, which didn't mention lyrics.
Then act like KRS' interpretation is wrong and should be disregarded.

You can't have it both ways, you just can't.

And Erupt is right. Hip Hop has multiple elements.

Gonna listen to the track now.

There are so many flaws in your statement and in your logic that I don't know where to begin

KRS is Hip-Hop in the sense that he was there in the beginning and came with the lyrics... his view doesn't define Hip-Hop for everyone. opinions are subjective

however a large portion..shit, a MAJORITY of people would stand behind my argument in this case and say 'fuck that corny shit lyrics are where its at'. look @ any recent Jadakiss, Nas, Jay-Z, Common, Raekwon, etc etc interview. They always ask them shit like

"do you think lyrics are at the forefront again like they used to be?"
"the Drakes, Kendrick Lamars, & J. Coles...you think they're bringing back lyricism?"

forefront would mean you could list 100 qualities of Hip-Hop but lyrics would be #1

everyone with a passion for the genre would tell you lyrics are the most important part of it.

but what do I know, I only work in the mecca of Hip-Hop where I'm surrounded by way bigger Hip-Hop heads than many of you are that only listen to old school/golden era(90's was considered the golden era of rap) shit

not even to sound condescending...but imagine me tryna tell a nigga in Tennessee or some shit about Country music lol

J u s T C
09-25-2014, 06:51 PM
You are condescending.

I think the problem is you.

This is this. That is that. what he did isn't hip hop what they do is hip hop. You can't say x with any authority because you're from Y. ect ect ect.

You're so closed minded. Hip Hop/rap or how ever you wanna call it/define it as a music and a culture has far surpassed being just an american east coast thing with a set style and approach YEARS ago and I've been an avid listener and fan of the over all culture well before you. I know this as a fact because I'm older than you.

I'm open minded enough and have been listening long enough to safely say, whether you like this track or I don't. It is a form of hip hop.

Godbody
09-25-2014, 07:31 PM
You are condescending.

I think the problem is you.

This is this. That is that. what he did isn't hip hop what they do is hip hop. You can't say x with any authority because you're from Y. ect ect ect.

You're so closed minded. Hip Hop/rap or how ever you wanna call it/define it as a music and a culture has far surpassed being just an american east coast thing with a set style and approach YEARS ago and I've been an avid listener and fan of the over all culture well before you. I know this as a fact because I'm older than you.

I'm open minded enough and have been listening long enough to safely say, whether you like this track or I don't. It is a form of hip hop.

wat u mean tho b? who are you to comment on the culture compared to someone that lives it and breathes it everyday because they're surrounded by people that were DIRECTLY influenced by it, since the culture started in that area?

It's like me going to Scotland or w/e and playing the bag pipe and telling people who grew up there about the bag pipe when its tradition over there or it originated there or w/e & trying to tell them they're playing the bag pipe wrong or X, Y, Z about bag pipes. lol

but anyway, I'm not saying its an american east coast thing. I probably listen to more Southern rappers
than you. I probably listen to more West Coast rappers than you. Shit, I probably listen to more rappers of different nationalities than you because I damn near heard every accent and language there is in a rap.

what I'm saying is, as someone that's pretty damn close to the heart of Rap...where it all started..etc..this song doesnt sit right with me.. & I represent the raw passion for lyricism, crisp instrumentals, head noddin punchline flow rap, doo wop shit, as most 'real' or 'true' hip hop heads do. It just so happens that the majority of those people reside in the east coast specifically NY/NJ because since it originated on this part of the world, people here made sure they went their hardest to represent for the culture

its no coincidence it started here and Big Pun, Big L, Jay-Z, Nas, BIG, Wu-Tang, etc etc emerged as some of the top lyricists of their time

While I respect everyone's opinion from all walks of life & all parts of the world don't try to shit on someone for keepin it 100 about the song just because you think their east coast perspective is their only perspective. Think of it as the east coast perspective being the rawest & truest to the essence

Babylon
09-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Godbody's a fucking faggot.

What's new?

Godbody
09-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Babylon's life consists of trolling to overcompensate for the fact that his pussy drought has lasted him his whole lifetime

I feel you baby girl

once you do get some buns you'll lighten up a little

Babylon
09-25-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm not even trolling, you are literally a faggot.

Godbody
09-25-2014, 08:09 PM
No, I'm literally not a faggot because I actually switch bitches more often than you change your socks blood

U probably ALMOST fucked a bitch in your life. It was a fat bitch, and I say almost because she didn't get drunk enough to make you attractive

bars

oh shit I said bars as in an insult but attractive/fat bitch rhyme. Godbody shit.

Babylon
09-25-2014, 08:43 PM
What? I couldn't hear you, this spiderman guy keeps fucking with me.

http://i.imgur.com/tpUqReJ.jpg

J u s T C
09-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Do you ever admit when you're wrong? I'm just wondering because you've been wrong plenty and I never once seen you do it.

The track is a form of hip hop. You going to tell me someone like Aesop Rock isn't hip hop just bcause he's "Off the wall" ?

Godbody
09-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Because the definition of Hip-Hop changed when the suits came & commercialized it

I'm old school, and that's how I'm lookin @ it. That Kendrick song isnt what Hip Hop was when it started...shit, it could fall under a sub genre of hip-hop should they have one but to praise the song and call it real Hip-Hop and shit is foolish

this niggas gonna make Let Nas Down Pt 2 after this joint lol

Fidel Z
09-25-2014, 09:04 PM
U probably ALMOST fucked a bitch in your life. It was a fat bitch, and I say almost because she didn't get drunk enough to make you attractive

bars

oh shit I said bars as in an insult but attractive/fat bitch rhyme. Godbody shit.

Lmfaooooo this nigga

J u s T C
09-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Because the definition of Hip-Hop changed when the suits came & commercialized it

I'm old school, and that's how I'm lookin @ it. That Kendrick song isnt what Hip Hop was when it started...

And neither were Outkast, NWA, DJ Quick, Mac 10, Big Pun, Black Rob, Black Thought, Shyne, Soulja Slim, Curren$y, Masta P, Yukmouth ect ect ect

What they were the same as Big Daddy Kane? MC Shan? Melle Mel?. NO. and because they aint they aint hip hop? NO.

Erupt da Monsta
09-25-2014, 09:48 PM
LOL I'm even more convinced than ever that after this thread GodBody is an idiot, and will say anything to appear to be right. After seeing about 10 contradictions posted by GodBody in this thread alone... its evident kid has an issue.. and is an attention whore.

I had a lil respect for you before this Pulse... but you lost my respect, b. If you only knew how stupid you sound homie. Just stop. Please

Godbody
09-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Erupt you're a black guy tryna be white and preachy at the same time

so what is it are you Kid Cudi or Loaded Lux

identity theft sucks, but identity crisis is probably worse. i never claimed to be anything other than a supporter of rap/hip-hop in its purest & highest form when its done right & that's what I do and I do it right

Erupt da Monsta
09-25-2014, 10:07 PM
My nigga you don't know me, or my life. Same way you don't know hip hop, but speak on it. Your hip hop card has officially been revoked player... and that's something you gotta deal with.

Godbody
09-25-2014, 10:14 PM
lol ur saying my Hip-Hop card has been revoked after posting this song..which a lot of people dislike.. i'm not the first critic, probably not the worst critic, and i probably represent a majority in this case

stop tryna talk to me about what hip-hop is like I didnt grow up around it my whole life and see the shit change before my eyes

if you said this kendrick lamar joint was hip hop like 15 years ago they'd either laugh at you or smack the fire out of you lol

Erupt da Monsta
09-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Please do us all a favor.. And Kill yourself.

Obey
09-26-2014, 12:24 PM
Erupt you're a black guy tryna be white and preachy at the same time

so what is it are you Kid Cudi or Loaded Lux

identity theft sucks, but identity crisis is probably worse. i never claimed to be anything other than a supporter of rap/hip-hop in its purest & highest form when its done right & that's what I do and I do it right

I said he was Loaded Lux, get your own battle rap comparison.

Obey
09-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Cole could have made a song about sucking a cock and it would have been less gay than Let Nas Down

Hey-hey, the remix w/ Nas & Cole's verses is a masterpiece. (Check the avi) :D

Godbody
09-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Cole could have made a song about sucking a cock and it would have been less gay than Let Nas Down

nothing gay about paying homage to one of your idols...a ton of artists have done it and theres gonna be more to come. Nas made a Rakim song lol

if anything you're a bigger faggot if you act like nobody influenced you and never give props where they're due because of some pride/ego shit

Godbody
09-27-2014, 08:38 PM
lollllll
No wonder you are so concerned about what KL is saying in his songs ... youre so heavily influenced by the actions/opinions of rappers

"NAS DID IT SO IT MUST BE OKAY"

who gives a fuck what Nas did?? grow a spine bro.. Nas is just some guy who makes good rap songs ... nothing more .. it seems to me like you base your decisions on what is / isnt acceptable on the actions of rappers that you personally respect

you dont need to formulate your opinions based on what some rapper that doesnt give a shit about you has done in his life

sheep

Where do I imply that? You're reaching so hard that you reached a new low lol

You just said some typical dumb nigga shit (like you always do) and it didn't make sense (like it never does) so I put you in check (like I always do)

No need to get defensive to justify to idiocy that constantly escapes your fingers onto a forum lol

All I'm sayin is theres nothing wrong with paying homage and giving credit where it's due. You're a faggot if you think otherwise and have mental issues concerning your ego and pride if it's hard for you to pay tribute to an idol of yours

Godbody
09-27-2014, 09:56 PM
U got issues girl

So all the kids that grew up watchin Jordan play and practiced their ass off to make it to the NBA tryna be like Jordan are homos according to u

Grow up b that's a kids way of thinkin. If ur tryna troll read some of my previous posts n take notes sister

Babylon
09-28-2014, 11:06 AM
lollllll
No wonder you are so concerned about what KL is saying in his songs ... youre so heavily influenced by the actions/opinions of rappers

"NAS DID IT SO IT MUST BE OKAY"

who gives a fuck what Nas did?? grow a spine bro.. Nas is just some guy who makes good rap songs ... nothing more .. it seems to me like you base your decisions on what is / isnt acceptable on the actions of rappers that you personally respect

you dont need to formulate your opinions based on what some rapper that doesnt give a shit about you has done in his life

sheep

/THREAD

Godbody
09-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Babylon how long have you had my dick in your mouth?

It seems like months now where you feel obligated to reply to all of my posts with some butthurt comment...even your trolling attempts just come off as butthurt. its like I'm the bully at school that picked on you your entire life & you decided to start hitting the gym

except you came back from the gym & the gym didn't do shit for you because I'm still shittin on you

& Jason lol you're looking at through a pessimistic childish POV

the concept was dope. to come out with a mainstream song that disappoints one of your idols and explaining to him why you did it & how he did something similar in his career is dope. its different from the typical tribute song.

Fiji Osa
09-28-2014, 04:28 PM
This thread is mad funny cause at the end of the day K. dot gives no fucks what Godbody talking about. And why we on God why you disappeared from NYC and not show up to the Showcase? Thought you was going to have to back up all the shit you say on LB huh

Now this track

This is nowhere near GKMC but it doesn't have to be .. Tbh .. Section 80 was better than GKMC this new direction is new but it's better than that TI ft Youn Thug song "All About the Money" Dot needs variety can't just stay in one direction if you want to show longevity in the rap game. I'm sure this is not going to be what his entire new CD going to look like. Don't forget Pyrex as well .. So to each is own

Put out a track and see what people say about it God and stop ducking my call out lame

O and FYI .. Grandmaster Flash "The Message" was the birth of Hip-Hop

Godbody
09-28-2014, 06:45 PM
This thread is mad funny cause at the end of the day K. dot gives no fucks what Godbody talking about. And why we on God why you disappeared from NYC and not show up to the Showcase? Thought you was going to have to back up all the shit you say on LB huh

Now this track

This is nowhere near GKMC but it doesn't have to be .. Tbh .. Section 80 was better than GKMC this new direction is new but it's better than that TI ft Youn Thug song "All About the Money" Dot needs variety can't just stay in one direction if you want to show longevity in the rap game. I'm sure this is not going to be what his entire new CD going to look like. Don't forget Pyrex as well .. So to each is own

Put out a track and see what people say about it God and stop ducking my call out lame

O and FYI .. Grandmaster Flash "The Message" was the birth of Hip-Hop

Back up what shit I say on LB? I don't got a problem with anyone on the site ill show up to the showcase and leave untouched.unless Y'ALL have a problem with me and wanna shoot the fairs lol but the only way I'ma fight is if it's a fair one

anyway all the shit I talk I can back it up. Who's lyrically fuckin with me that came to the showcase? Eloh Stackz the only nigga that had bars I'd be concerned about goin against

And I never said I would go I said I might swing thru I was jus mad reluctant cuz it was the first time LB did it. After seeing the video it looked dope and mad chill n I kinda regretted not goin

What I'm not a fan of is makin ppl pay to battle but besides that it looked lit

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Oh and Fiji stop tryna act brave jus cuz u mustered up all da courage u had to show up to an internet meet up

U a square and a cornball constantly riding some type of dick for recognition on here. Difference between me and u is that you bend over backwards and I stand tall

Babylon
09-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Babylon how long have you had my dick in your mouth?

It seems like months now where you feel obligated to reply to all of my posts with some butthurt comment...even your trolling attempts just come off as butthurt. its like I'm the bully at school that picked on you your entire life & you decided to start hitting the gym

except you came back from the gym & the gym didn't do shit for you because I'm still shittin on you

& Jason lol you're looking at through a pessimistic childish POV

the concept was dope. to come out with a mainstream song that disappoints one of your idols and explaining to him why you did it & how he did something similar in his career is dope. its different from the typical tribute song.

http://i.imgur.com/XJFpV9E.jpg

Fiji Osa
09-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Facts .. I have proof on LB and outside of LB that I back up my shit

Internet meet ... But you mad you didn't show lmao FOH w/ that boy .. You bout that lets set up a video battle then see where you at Lyrically

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

And GB I wouldn't put hands on anyone at a event that's bad for businesses on all fronts

Godbody
09-29-2014, 01:08 PM
So why you comin @ me like that ?

Everyone knows I talk shit for sport I don't have a problem with any of y'all n y'all know that when I chop it up with y'all in the tinychat lol

Anyway I kno where I'm at lyrically we can set up an audio

Babylon
09-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Lol @ Fiji of all people being the dude to pull the bitch out of Godbody.

Godbody
09-29-2014, 01:47 PM
not even

Fiji came incorrect the first time so I came incorrect

I'm still shittin on you niggas lyrically by a huge margin b