PDA

View Full Version : ** IDEA FOR 0VP VOTING **

-GoRe-
09-22-2014, 03:54 PM
So I recently lost a battle that was Very close, could of gone either way. The actual physical vote count was 2-1 me. 2 regular voters to his 1 FVC voter. One of my voters had 0VP Obviously, It has come to my attention that battles will only CLOSE if there are 3 or more votes on it regardless of time. My question is this: If voters with 0VP vote and there votes dont count VP wise, why should they be considered an eligible body count to be able to close the battle?

SO HERE'S WHAT IM SAYING:

IF THESE 0VP VOTERS HAVE NO POWER TO ACTUALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN VOTE POINT COUNT, THEN THEIR POINTLESS VOTE SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED AS THE THIRD BODY COUNT VOTE TO CLOSE A BATTLE.

SO HERE'S MY PROPOSAL:

IF A PERSON RECEIVES "0VP" THAN THAT INDIVIDUAL SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE ON BATTLES PERIOD SINCE THEIR VOTE & OPINION IS POINTLESS. THE ONLY WAY TO GAIN THEIR VP BACK, IS A 3DAY MANDATORY CRASH COURSE WITH X-CALIBUR'S "SCHOOL OF VOTING & VP" WHICH THEY MUST PASS. THIS WAY "0VP VOTERS" WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF A BATTLE, AND ALSO WILL STOP PEOPLE FROM HATE VOTING AS WELL.

Any thoughts on this or other suggestions?

X-Calibur
NOBLE
ILLoKWENT
OSKAR
Manhattan
DJ Denton
stricc
Bleu
Obey
Row
Rant
remarK

-GoRe-
09-22-2014, 05:28 PM
this sites voting is trash, live with it.

Of course its trash if everybody's 'just living with it' why not strive to fix it.

Student
09-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Decent Idea, How Do You Plan On Enforcing It? Might I Suggest A Work Around Because Coding For People Voting With 0VP Isn't Going To Be Easy.

X-Calibur
09-22-2014, 06:33 PM
I kinda get what ya saying here and I have to kind of side with you however in your example I would hope the FVC vote was of more value so technically you lost I would say ...

-GoRe-
09-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Yea I'm not worried about the loss, had one more person voted and it wasn't in my favor I wouldn't of minded. I would actually prefer it that way. But having the battle close because of some1 who doesn't have VP regardless if its in my favor or not seems pretty lame. X-Calibur

Student I kinda of thought that as well, but I imagine it could be something like how when one 'Blocks' another and that person wont be allowed to vote on their battles. Dont know exactly how programming something like that works, but if the admin or mod gives someone a 0VP then that 'User blocking vote' code would be added. Maybe? Lol

Student
09-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Student I kinda of thought that as well, but I imagine it could be something like how when one 'Blocks' another and that person wont be allowed to vote on their battles. Dont know exactly how programming something like that works, but if the admin or mod gives someone a 0VP then that 'User blocking vote' code would be added. Maybe? Lol
In Theory It Sounds Easy But Trust Me, When You're Coding Custom Scripts That Would Automatically Trigger Once Someone Is Bumped Down To 0VP It's Not All Ponies And Butterflies. It Has To First Be Written, Executed Correctly Where It Doesn't Effect Any Existing Code And Functions Then Tested On A Live Basis, Then Finally Implemented If It Works Out. That Whole Process Takes A Couple Of Days, Weeks Or Months Depending On How Busy The Programmer Is.

X-Calibur
09-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Sounds a simple fix and i do like the idea i have ran it by noble before about blockikg 0vp voters but in my short stint as a mod youd be suprised at actually how many 0vp voters we have on this site ....

I tried to push for the mods to inform those whos vp was reduced to 0 but it fell on deaf ears ...

The problem is theres too many retarded voters no one educates or apends enough time with them i have trued with my school of vp but that was not even 5% of the 0vp on the site ...

Its a vicious cycle ....

-GoRe-
09-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Yea, figured it would be a long shot. Thought I'd give it a try lol.

X-Calibur
09-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Nah always bring your ideas forward bro were not shooting it down just giving you the realities of the achievable and not so achievable ....

Fresh ideas are always welcomed also get NOBLE involved as much as you can he has a great insight on what can and can not be achieved

-GoRe-
09-22-2014, 08:35 PM
Fasho, good lookin out X

RAW DAWG
10-26-2014, 03:19 PM
as far as the vote blocking is concerned, it should be eliminated. unless there is actual proof of hate voting or any time of harassment from a voter or member, then blocking should be the next step. I voted fairly on a few audio battles, and before I knew it, they blocked me. don't think its fair to the opponent if his verse is better and I can't vote his way because of being blocked. same with the text part of it. if you were to block five people who voted against you, then you have a great shot of winner all your other battles, since you blocked five users from voting on that battle..anyway...I try to keep it fair, and dont vote for credits like some..hell I don't even battle anymore, so my votes are most def not for creds...good luck on any future changes..peace