PDA

View Full Version : New Layout...

NOBLE
09-22-2014, 02:57 AM
We have recently re-skinned the whole site and it has been a long time coming. Some of you might still be seeing parts of the old layout be it the old header or certain images which are still showing blue. You need to clear your browser image cache, logout then log back in. Even after that, there may be certain things that are still showing blue like the background of your emcees. You would need to change something on your emcee, perhaps an item, then save it and it will now show the new background.
This isn't the end, however. There are still some tweaks and small changes that will be made over the course of the next coming weeks. The biggest one, perhaps, will be that we will be adding a companion mobile skin for those of you who log on through your mobile devices. This won't be an app or anything that you would have to download. It will be set up so the site recognizes when you are logging in from a screen whose resolution is below a certain amount and will automatically switch to the layout which is more compatible for that screen size. We're setting a tentative release date for the mobile skin at around the 15th of October. Between now and then, a few small tweaks will be made. If anybody has any question, comments, or suggestion, feel free to post them here.

X-Calibur
09-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Theres a few threads that have been made that ive yet to see you comment on NOBLE in regards to the new skin etc id be interested to see your responses to those who are commenting on it ...

NOBLE
09-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Theres a few threads that have been made that ive yet to see you comment on NOBLE in regards to the new skin etc id be interested to see your responses to those who are commenting on it ...

What would you like to know specifically? You can ask me here and I'll answer them.

X-Calibur
09-26-2014, 02:54 AM
http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144258

http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144270

I'm not going to list other peoples ideas and they ckearly aren't going to come in here and post them but yeh these two threads jump to mind ....

X

stricc
09-26-2014, 04:15 AM
if you don't want to mention their ideas then why bring it up to begin with X-Caliber...not even being rude just seems stupid to me

X-Calibur
09-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Because stricc I'll have some hating ass groupie jump on my ballsack saying I'm trying to steal there ideas or thunder if you like ... By merely highlighting this I'm creating a bridge for said people Obey just c or watever he changed his name too ... To get the feedback or to get the notice for there threads I can't always be the one shouting about everything as soon the ears that listen will go deaf on me ...

But I get what you mean maybe I should of just posted there ideas but those threads have a stream of conversations which make the ideas described more tangable for someone to see and understand thus bringing me back to my OP by sharing the link ....

Sheesshhhh this pushing for progress mentality is going to turn me grey I swear it ....

X

NOBLE
09-26-2014, 12:58 PM
To tell you the truth, if I go around looking for and answering EVERY single post I'm mentioned in, that alone would be a full-time gig it will be the only thing I get done on LetsBeef. I get an average of 21 notifications per day which consists of PM's and mentions. My priority is always PM's or when people hit me up directly and I check and respond to those first. I made this thread so people can bring their questions here rather than me going around checking 50 threads and filtering where someone has a question. And in the meantime, I'm working on other features to come. I'll repeat X-Calibur, if you have something specifically you'd like to know, ask in this thread or tell whoever to come ask here and I will answer it cause I'm checking this thread.
/100

X-Calibur
09-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Makes perfect sense ^^^^

Ill filter traffic from those threads to here .... Don't get it twisted noble I'm not trying to catch you out or troll you at all you know I got mad respect for your hustle on this site since you came back ...

I'll get those ideas mentioned across to this thread ... Just finishing up at work

X

Lizman
10-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Is There A Possibility To Change Back To The Old Theme?

NOBLE
10-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Is There A Possibility To Change Back To The Old Theme?

Anything's possible. That's not exactly in our plans right now though. Our plan is to make a new theme (or make this one) responsive so that it works across all device screen sizes.

Lizman
10-18-2014, 02:45 AM
Anything's possible. That's not exactly in our plans right now though. Our plan is to make a new theme (or make this one) responsive so that it works across all device screen sizes.

I Meant As An Option

NOBLE
10-18-2014, 03:37 AM
I Meant As An Option

We can, but the problem with having more than one skin options is the fact that more than half the site is non-vBulletin. Only the forums, profile pages and user CP are vBulletin. All the battle pages, tournaments, cyphers, crew battles, tracks, etc are not and a skin only controls the VB pages. So if we were to make another skin available as an option, half the site will always look mismatched. I supposed we could make where the layout and colors of all the other non-VB pages change according to what vBulletin skin a user has selected, however, making that happen is a lot more work than it sounds.

Lizman
10-18-2014, 03:50 AM
Oha, Wasn't Aware That Most Of This Isnt Based On VB.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Though Admittedly If It Was Other VB Sites (OTBVA, Rapmusic) Would've Most LIkely Adopted LB Battle Formats