PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Suggestion That'll probably get shot down regardless...

GOOD GRIEF
09-09-2014, 10:13 AM
What if we restarted the tourney next month? Crazy I know but let's face it... This is looking like the worst GC in history. 2 people are getting free rides to the quarter finals, while another 2 are getting rides to the semis due to no shows. I know it'd be complicated to reset the participants but it'd be worth. I say it should be an Allstar invitational to active reliable battlers.

ViTRiOL
09-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Most of them are going to dispute this due to their personal experience of the tournament so far.

As for me, it's been a no-show followed by a forfeit and I'm in Round 3. I'm not exactly stimulated thus far.

GOOD GRIEF
09-09-2014, 10:27 AM
ViTRiOL I'll tell ya what, just to undo any accusations of me being butthurt, I won't even join the do over tourney if that's how they feel. It's just last GC looked average and this one looks disgusting.

Phe
09-09-2014, 10:40 AM
An AllStar invitational actually sounds like a good idea :D..

ViTRiOL
09-09-2014, 10:45 AM
ViTRiOL I'll tell ya what, just to undo any accusations of me being butthurt, I won't even join the do over tourney if that's how they feel. It's just last GC looked average and this one looks disgusting.

This had nothing to do with you being butthurt. I was just saying that a majority of the tournament's battlers will have a "let it ride" attitude about it based on their expectations of their own potential victory.

I genuinely don't give much of a shit but it would have been nice to have had a complete tournament with no auto-wins for once.

GOOD GRIEF
09-09-2014, 10:58 AM
This had nothing to do with you being butthurt. I was just saying that a majority of the tournament's battlers will have a "let it ride" attitude about it based on their expectations of their own potential victory.

I genuinely don't give much of a shit but it would have been nice to have had a complete tournament with no auto-wins for once.

I knew what you meant. I just know how people can be. Why would anyone want to win in a pitiful tourney like this. LOL the way people bash Talksick for being the worst Champ you'd be right behind him.

Obey
09-09-2014, 10:58 AM
It's not like that for everyone lol. I don't have an easy battle in front of me this whole tournament if I keep moving through. Every GC has no shows like this, it wouldn't be the 1st. Recent GC that is, it's the site's demographics; can't really help it.

GOOD GRIEF
09-09-2014, 11:11 AM
No, the star power was there, the no shows from fast tourney deadlines killed it. Obey

Wonderbred
09-09-2014, 11:15 AM
While I don't disagree that this is probably the worst GC yet, I don't think restarting it will do much good. There will still be no-shows regardless. Of course we'd all rather have a competitive battle than take an auto-win, but the fact is that people who got a pass (me included) still wrote verses both rounds. Not to mention it punishes the people who actually had good competitive battles by essentially taking away their wins.

Row
09-09-2014, 11:15 AM
No , relying on posing shit on last minute and the tourney invitations killed it

Obey
09-09-2014, 11:17 AM
No, the star power was there, the no shows from fast tourney deadlines killed it. Obey

I honestly don't think the dates had anything to do w/ it. Most of the no shows, the people didn't log in during the whole time the tourney was going. RULE, Mayneak both I don't think logged at all. The star power is still there? Dissizit, Bleu, AfterThought, Erupt, ILLoKWENT, Dono, Grizz, Vitty, Row, Anarchist, Punk, Remark, Rant, Fuel, Phe ..Am I missing anyone? It's still a great tournament. I agree the no shows are disappointing but restarting puts everyone's writing and work to shit. I know I've put time into both my verses and it'd suck if they meant shit.

GOOD GRIEF
09-09-2014, 11:25 AM
While I don't disagree that this is probably the worst GC yet, I don't think restarting it will do much good. There will still be no-shows regardless. Of course we'd all rather have a competitive battle than take an auto-win, but the fact is that people who got a pass (me included) still wrote verses both rounds. Not to mention it punishes the people who actually had good competitive battles by essentially taking away their wins.

Well it's not like we'd say "fuck you start over". IF YOU AGREED we would restart the tourney. And there will never be a tourney without no shows. I'm just saying it should never be this bad. If only active battlers show up and not old HW for the sake of star power, PLUS normal tourney deadlines, it would be great and more legit. If you want to be one of the worst champs of all time that's you man. Anymore no shows going further would solidify that. Don't get me wrong... Looking at the left over names if everyone shows up with dopeness tho than it could still be a good one.

Silver Dollar Sam
09-09-2014, 11:30 AM
I get what u all are sayin. IMO id say leave things as is as guys like Obey who like he mentioned hasnt had no shows or forfeits and had to actually battle his way thru still have a chance of an honorable GC victory. A seperate GC for next month would be sensible prolly? Where dudes have to qualify again....not sure how it works but is GC every month or every few months? Whichever it is. I say we wait for the next GC.

GOOD GRIEF
09-09-2014, 11:36 AM
I get what u all are sayin. IMO id say leave things as is as guys like Obey who like he mentioned hasnt had no shows or forfeits and had to actually battle his way thru still have a chance of an honorable GC victory. A seperate GC for next month would be sensible prolly? Where dudes have to qualify again....not sure how it works but is GC every month or every few months? Whichever it is. I say we wait for the next GC.

Nope. This is it till next year. Won't be another till February. Only thing we got left is I think the topical and rookie tourneys. Maybe we'll get some good battles from the LBT but this is it pretty much it. Oh well. I tried. Hoping Erupt, Vit, Illok, or Grizz takes this. Winner might get bars from me. Lol

Silver Dollar Sam
09-09-2014, 11:59 AM

GOOD GRIEF Longer tourney deadlines would mean less no shows then i guess. I mean many of us have lives outside of LB plus it would add more excitement as GC is a coveted tourney right? And should b treated as such. ...No rushin GC.:D

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Nope. This is it till next year. Won't be another till February. Only thing we got left is I think the topical and rookie tourneys. Maybe we'll get some good battles from the LBT but this is it pretty much it. Oh well. I tried. Hoping Erupt, Vit, Illok, or Grizz takes this. Winner might get bars from me. Lol

Damn...now thats a bummer. Well...guess we can only hope for better decisions on invites and posting deadlines for the next GC.

GRizzEAT
09-09-2014, 12:07 PM
i will say, i think tha 64 shit needs to be cut down to 32 period. also regarding whats goin on here, next round needs new brackets made with sumone to actually battle erupt, it makes no sense dude gets to sit bak and coast while others have to spend bars. im not against having GOOD GRIEF implemented bak in, jus so erupt finally has a battle. other than that, i do bro-sign Row to an extent.. tha early deadlines i feel played a big role in may/rule not posting, but thats jus star power. postin at tha last minute is never gone change. thank Daddio for that... he brought that shit bak in tha first all star tourney.

Holla.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

oh and s/o to ma technicians at DTE energy fdor gettin ma power bak on before noble pulled tha plug.

Wonderbred
09-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Well it's not like we'd say "fuck you start over". IF YOU AGREED we would restart the tourney. And there will never be a tourney without no shows. I'm just saying it should never be this bad. If only active battlers show up and not old HW for the sake of star power, PLUS normal tourney deadlines, it would be great and more legit. If you want to be one of the worst champs of all time that's you man. Anymore no shows going further would solidify that. Don't get me wrong... Looking at the left over names if everyone shows up with dopeness tho than it could still be a good one.

No-shows were really only a problem in the first round. I think everyone will show from here on out, which means they'd still have to get past Vitty, Grizz, Row, Dissizit, ILLo and whoever else is left. Although I agree that the winner of this GC will probably be the worst in history, they'll still have to beat some heavyweights to get there, it's not like they'll get a free title.

If everyone agreed, I'd be willing to start over. I just don't think it's gonna help much.

GOOD GRIEF
09-09-2014, 12:23 PM
i will say, i think tha 64 shit needs to be cut down to 32 period. also regarding whats goin on here, next round needs new brackets made with sumone to actually battle erupt, it makes no sense dude gets to sit bak and coast while others have to spend bars. im not against having GOOD GRIEF implemented bak in, jus so erupt finally has a battle. other than that, i do bro-sign Row to an extent.. tha early deadlines i feel played a big role in may/rule not posting, but thats jus star power. postin at tha last minute is never gone change. thank Daddio for that... he brought that shit bak in tha first all star tourney.

Holla.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

oh and s/o to ma technicians at DTE energy fdor gettin ma power bak on before noble pulled tha plug.

Although I do think it's unfair to lose in a battle that was only open for like 9 hours, and as much as I'd love that shit... I lost to Anarchist. People would think it unfair to bring me back.

ILLoKWENT
09-09-2014, 12:28 PM
I think at this point 'belittling this tourney' with talks about 'worst ever' or the winner IS GONNA BE WORST CHAMPION EVER is pretty counterproductive at this point... because it undermines the efforts of the remaining participants who are still invested in this. Was it ran smoothly?maybe ..maybe not .its subject to opinion. Will it be a learning experience for running it next time?YES....we need to let the GC pan out as is and go from there...

NatsHubby
09-09-2014, 12:47 PM
I say you start a new one and invite me. Muhfudgers invited people who don't battle at all (DJ Denton and Ambitious Flow)

With that being said, AFTERTHOUGHT is gay :D

GOOD GRIEF
09-09-2014, 01:17 PM
battle cudda been open for 9 days and u will still wudda lost :guns: lol :D

You got me this time you little fuck. What are we now... 2 or 3-1.

exwhyzee
09-09-2014, 01:30 PM
..... uhh, g'luck Phenomonon

Row
09-09-2014, 01:59 PM
battle cudda been open for 9 days and u will still wudda lost :guns: lol :D

Lmao

Hubert Cumberdale
09-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Restart the GC and the site dies. Simple as that.

Row
09-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Honestly , what a retarded idea

NatsHubby
09-09-2014, 04:03 PM
My name is Bro

Hubert Cumberdale
09-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Restart the 2014 scheme tournament, I think I might show this time.

ViTRiOL
09-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Restart the 2014 scheme tournament, I think I might show this time.

Scheme: LIONEL'S SWEET LEXUS

Go for it.

Phe
09-09-2014, 08:34 PM
UrbZ good luck to you too.. I'm either done or need another line or 2..

Dysfunctional
09-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Lol restarting the GC isn't gonna do much. Even though I'm kinda salty that i got beat out cuz i had an actual good opponent restarting it is dumb.

Student
09-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Restarting It Will Take The Prestige Away As If The No-Shows Haven't Already Done So.

Ohs
09-10-2014, 11:58 PM
dudes need to calm down its just a rap battle site

Erupt da Monsta
09-13-2014, 03:54 PM
My road to the GC title..... two Grandchampions, potentially a LBT champ, I've got the hardest route to the finals tbh the brackets are still straight I dont see what all the fuss is about the tourney is still a dope one please kill the counterproductive talk shits retarded.

The first two rounds were auto bodys for most of us... chill out does nothing to help the site.

GOOD GRIEF
09-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Why do y'all keep bringing this shit back up? Let it die.