PDA

View Full Version : If Your Asking .. What Can I Do? Then Your Asking The Wrong Questions. Open Meeting

Fiji Osa
09-06-2014, 04:35 PM
The nail was hit exactly on the head in a previous thread I read over. I decided to piggy back and have sort of like a town meeting for the LB members to voice concerns, make suggestions and brainstorm COLLECTIVELY in the event that we can achieve something great.

We all care for LB (some more than others) but we always find ourselves looking at the same screen for a large portion of our days/nights. So we as LB Members need to start bringing people back to LB. Things are getting fixed around here (Crew Battles & Audio Cyphers) I recently was privilege enough to get a glimpse of v4 and you all will be very satisfied with the time and effort it took into its creation. BARE W/ the Staff .. all are working hard.

Personally, I feel that the #lbshowcase on the 20th will be a huge launch for LB and the progression of it's activity. However it can't stop there .. there are people on LB that have made the scarifies and dedicated a lot of time to ensure that LB starts to get recognized as a platform for Hip-Hop. If you listened to Vicci's interview last night on Muggz Basement segment .. you would know that LB has created a buzz within the community and the showcase is a fresh look for the site as well as the culture.

So what can you (LB Member) do to continue the movement ...

Promote LB as well as yourself. Word of mouth is the cheapest form of promotion .. it allows the consumer to interface w/ you and see if you are selling some bullshit to them. If you have access to a phone show them the website .. highlight certain features such as

- crew section
- crew battles
- audio/text cyphers
- audio/text/video battles
etc ..

Don't expose potential members to the negativity that sometimes plagues this site. Instead shine LB in a different light. Nobody (Race, Gender, Religion, Age, Skill Level) should be exempt from being a potential member of LB! We should welcome anyone with open arms .. being that LB is a "platform" it is only right that by joining our site will you eventually get better.

For those of you that are in high school. If you are free styling or talking or know of people that like hip-hop introduce them to LB. Just the other day I had some of my students as if this was me .. I look on there phone and they are watching one of my Bad Blood video battles .. the information is out there we just need to streamline everything back to LB for LB. That could be some future members on LB.

- Help new members set up a profile
- Approach anyone that listen to hip-hop and mention LB

Use catch phrases like "LB is just another audience to get your music heard, as a member of LB you will get your music heard by thousands of people" or "you liked to Live Battle .. there is a section on lets beef.com that could ensure you get footage to show live battle leagues - and it works"

- Reach out to the artistic types mention that there is a section on LB (Topical Lounge) where you can get your poems seen and feedback provided.

Those LB members that are in college .. mention GFX Forum to the graphic heads. Military members should be reaching out to brothers and sisters in arms that do music (there are a lot of talented artist in the military)

We all live in different parts of the world as well as different countries .. think how many members we would bring just if all the current members that respond to this thread brings (10) new members .. what if the new members bring in (10) members

the possibility are endless

What are your thoughts LB

Student
09-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Fuck You Asshole, Stop Exploiting The Fact LetsBeef Is Dying To Try To Become A Martyr Or The "Savoir" By Expanding On My Ideas To Try To Obtain A Staff Position.

Fuck Outta Here Lil' Boy.

Fiji Osa
09-06-2014, 04:59 PM
This is exactly what I am talking about people .. I included you Student because your a figure in LB and your opinions and ideas could contribute tremendously

I'm not doing this for a Staff Spot .. I have a spot that transcends an LB staff spot

We need to lose our way of thinking like Student and embrace that we are letting LB so call "Die Off" because we sometimes allow ourselves to be influenced by faggots like Student

Mic-Check
09-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Stop bitching and start beefing :)

lllllllllllll
09-06-2014, 05:12 PM
There is no V4 bro so stop saying that shit.. The most you saw was a new layout.. When you test a few NEW features out, then come back and inform us.

They will make Fiji mod only because there ain't anymore staff members that will go against these type of decisions. They will say congrats and move on..

Student
09-06-2014, 05:26 PM
This is exactly what I am talking about people .. I included you Student because your a figure in LB and your opinions and ideas could contribute tremendously

I'm not doing this for a Staff Spot .. I have a spot that transcends an LB staff spot

We need to lose our way of thinking like Student and embrace that we are letting LB so call "Die Off" because we sometimes allow ourselves to be influenced by faggots like Student

Lol Be Less Like Student. Yeah Be Less Then A Patriarch Who's Currently In The Fair Voters Club And Constantly Giving Out Ideas And Ways To Contribute Even Though I've Put In Years Into Contributing. Who's Also Seen The New Layout And Have Given My Share Of Feedback On That Subject As Well. I Have Yet To A See A Fiji Thread On The New Layout Or Anything Constructive Come Out Of Your Mouth Besides Your Less Then Sad Attempts To Become A Staff Member. At Least X-Cal Would Be Somewhat Humble In His Approach. Grow The Fuck Up Man.

Stop Trying To Make Yourself Look Good Fiji And Move On :grass:

AfterThought
09-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Don't understand the negativity here, I see nothing wrong with this thread. LB users promoting can make a difference, maybe not a huge one but it's better than nothin.

One thing that confuses me though, is how we have an LB commercial, that only plays on LB's Youtube channel? If we can get a commercial to play in the intro of live battles for instance or just a snippet of it, or maybe have the commercial featured somewhere like WSHH, I think that definitely might work.

Holla :high:

Fiji Osa
09-06-2014, 05:54 PM
AfterThought that is a valid point .. I know we would have to pay are add sponsorship to the battle leagues. Not saying it couldn't be done maybe not on the main leagues .. But for sure the smaller leagues could be willing to feature something.

I know when me and Mani Mula go battle in LA in Nov I'm sure Pugz could talk to the LA league owners about getting a LB spot edited into the trailers and videos since they will have 2 LB members participating

What else we got?

Hubert Cumberdale
09-06-2014, 06:13 PM
1. Stop being so FUCKING stupid man. V4 does NOT exist. You DON'T have the "privilege to view V4". What you do have, just like everyone else who NOBLE felt like hitting up, is the ability to view the new SKIN he's been working on. There is NO V4. The skin is NOT V4, and just by saying that stupid sentence, you're giving LB the possibility of a shitstorm of backlash. If you go out and announce V4 to everyone, and then we only get the skin, EVERYONE will be like "So where's the upgrades, the features, the fixes?" etc.

2. Crew battles are NOT fixed yet. We haven't properly tested even one crew battle on this site (with more than one member). Don't get me wrong, Pugz is getting the work done on this stuff so this is absolutely in NO way a complain to him. Broken stuff being worked on is better than broken stuff not being worked on. But until they are fixed, or until you yourself have even attempted to test them, stfu about them.

3. But if the die hard members aren't happy, we're not going to shut up about it. We're going to want the site to move in the right direction first. You think LB is an unknown site? People have joined, didnt like it, and left. When the fixes Pugz promised us (and is currently putting work into) comes to fruition, THEN we'll start putting in work. If we're not being catered to, why the fuck should we bring more people on board.

4. "LB is just another audience to get your music heard". "Ehhh, mate, how come only 2 people have rated my track...and how come that Fiji Osa guy is none of them"?

5. Mention that LB is a place to get your topicals read yeah? Smfh you fucking faggot. I BEGGED cunts to vote on the topical final and you were no where to be fucking seen. Until YOU start pitching in don't have the fucking audacity to tell us to do shit. The fuck have you even done? Made condescending threads like this? Fuck off and get your head out of your arse mate.

6. LB has one GFX head, v3numb, who only responds to new pieces of GFX in an annoying as fuck condescending way.

What Student said. Shut the fuck up. You've been here for years and haven't done a damn thing. Pugz is getting Pseudo to put in work. That's why I'm not saying a single word of negativity to him until that stops. Things might not be working perfect yet but they are visibly being worked on so I'm silencing my negativity for the time being. I'm still not going to put in hard work to the site until they are completed though. Many of the members who've been here for years have worked so hard on the site, myself included, so now we want to reserve out time and efforts until we feel they are being matched by the guy running the site (which they are starting to be with the event and him pushing the fixes).

All in all, shut the fuck up your cretin. Go out and put in some fucking work before you tell us to do anything. And don't for one second tell us about the "work you're doing behind the scenes".

Here's a little taste of how LB sees you Fiji. I did an interview with Murderous Swag about a week ago (will post it tomorrow). I asked him out certain mods, this is what he replied about you.

Murderous
i feel that fiji osa doesnt contribute as he should but that being the reason he is a forum mod its overseen

EDIT: I see Punk basically said the exact same thing as me lol.

Pugz
09-06-2014, 06:29 PM
I appreciate you guys not giving me so much shit now you see the work is getting done.. props for that.. I just felt i need to chime in on Fijis status with LetsBeef.. Fiji does have a seat at the round table with my self and a few others I refer to as my "Street Team".. Which is basically my promotion team that covers any kind of promo for letsbeef OUTSIDE of letsbeef.. some of you might have been noticing Mic-Check and some of his camp repping LB on camera and helping spread the movement to a wider audience.. Fiji will be running our live battle league which we hope to launch shortly after the event.. All that I can confirm.. im glad he reached out and is willing to put out the time and effort to get shit crackin.. Hopefully this puts his roll on LB in perspective.. (And i can confirm he does not want.. nor do we have plans to make him a moderator) that is all..

Hubert Cumberdale
09-06-2014, 06:34 PM
I appreciate you guys not giving me so much shit now you see the work is getting done.. props for that.. I just felt i need to chime in on Fijis status with LetsBeef.. Fiji does have a seat at the round table with my self and a few others I refer to as my "Street Team".. Which is basically my promotion team that covers any kind of promo for letsbeef OUTSIDE of letsbeef.. some of you might have been noticing Mic-Check and some of his camp repping LB on camera and helping spread the movement to a wider audience.. Fiji will be running our live battle league which we hope to launch shortly after the event.. All that I can confirm.. im glad he reached out and is willing to put out the time and effort to get shit crackin.. Hopefully this puts his roll on LB in perspective.. (And i can confirm he does not want.. nor do we have plans to make him a moderator) that is all..

That's cool that he WILL be helping out. When they time comes, maybe his words will have some statements. If Mic Check comes in here now and says "You guys need to put in work", the dude's PROVED that he has done loads for LB over the last month or two, and as someone who has put in a lot of work he's shown that there is still work to be done.

But again, it's not like Mic and Fiji helped out before. They don't have the same annoyances of putting in work time and time again only for nothing to really change. Look at RULE. He's bored of the site. It's not that he got more time at work or some shit, he's just simply bored. He's put in more work than anyone all time, and yet he still can't get motivated to come on here. That'll be because he did LOADS, and although it helped hold off activity dropping, it didn't stop it. The fixes you are currently rolling out are what is going to stop it.

Phil Banks
09-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Get new members for us to clown or it'll stay dead

Pugz
09-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Thats the #1 goal.. And i really believe that the efforts put forth by check and osa and everyone involved in putting letsbeef out there will help facilitate that.. Lets be honest.. we can do all kinds of shit on the site and within the community.. but without actually putting ourselves infront of the camera taking shit to the next level.. we wont see the flow of new people.. So lets see what happens.. just dont knock the efforts.. thats that shit i dont like :P

Supsie
09-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Man... I don't get how some of you can come at Fiji so negative when what he said was nothing short of good he just trying help plus Pugz is starting to get things fixed I have a feeling LB will become more active soon once it's exposed more cause theres alot of Mc's out there.

Hubert Cumberdale
09-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Man... I don't get how some of you can come at Fiji so negative when what he said was nothing short of good he just trying help plus Pugz is starting to get things fixed I have a feeling LB will become more active soon once it's exposed more cause theres alot of Mc's out there.

Until Fiji practices what he preaches, threads like this are just annoying.

Fiji Osa
09-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Its that echo again .. "Fiji doesn't do work" Fiji only doing this for a MOD spot"

Lets look at the (3) things I considered to have the most resounding effect on LB

Aside from the showcase .. rofl .. that goes on a shelf in itself

Live Battle Mod - I've made a thread asking what leagues would the LB members like to see featured in the LB Forum (no comments)
I cleaned up the profiles of each member of LB that live battles (those new battlers have received their titles and there video and records are posted up)
I have given LB members the opportunity that if they choose to battle Live I'd be willing to assist them in getting their footage seen and booked in live leagues

and example of this is Mani Mula getting booked for a battle w/ LABattlegroundz on the Nov card! Ask Mani Mula he has spoken to me on the phone he knows .. I am taking this movement serious (even offered to help with the plane ticket)

I started DEFCON 5 .. if you like what is that you will soon find out ..

I am starting a battle league under the LB banner (putting my own dime to it) will be up and running by next summer

so im pushing both on and off of LB .. so Swag (if he really said that) can miss me w/ all that .. student you you little bitch you show me a case where you'd pay money to any cat on here to do anything LB related

so please miss me with all that how I don't do work shit .. so over that it misses me i make these threads to see what the members want and yall bash it rather than support

Hubert Cumberdale
09-06-2014, 09:04 PM
You're PLANNING on doing this stuff. Pugz told me this stuff in IMs, and I said "That's cool if Fiji does do all of that".

You act like you're doing the same work as Mic Check. You're doing NOTHING compared to him, but you might START to do it with this league you're talking about. That would be cool, know what the difference is? You're BEGGING for people to acknowledge it, while the dude hasn't said a thing.

When you ARE doing stuff, and you're not looking for attention about it, then we'll shut up.

Fiji Osa
09-06-2014, 09:16 PM
EtH .. I'm on LB more than Check is because i still have responsibilities as a Forum Mod as well as some other projects that I use LB as my portal for. Thats simple logic .. plus i never once compared what I am doing to what Check is doing .. its 2 different sides of the mirror looking at the same reflection .. as we want the same thing for LB

that was a stretch even for you .. when at 1st you bashed the showcase .. that Mic had a big part to do with .. but you forgetting all the other people involved

im not planning to do this stuff .. this stuff has been going on for at least 5 months ago .. I'm just first mention it LB now that things are yielding product (I wouldn't say i'm doing this and it falls thru) I keep my word

So again .. back on subject .. What are some other ideas that we as members can do to bring members activity to the site .. but more important keep these members around?

Hubert Cumberdale
09-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Well if you've been trying your best for 5 months I think that speaks volumes.

Mindless
09-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Look at RULE. He's bored of the site. It's not that he got more time at work or some shit, he's just simply bored. He's put in more work than anyone all time, and yet he still can't get motivated to come on here. That'll be because he did LOADS, and although it helped hold off activity dropping, it didn't stop it..

That's exactly what happens. You start to get burned out and checking in daily becomes every couple of days and then once a week and then once a week just to see if there's anything in your inbox and if not then fucking off.

The Ghost of Freak
09-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Don't expose potential members to the negativity that sometimes plagues this site. Instead shine LB in a different light. Nobody (Race, Gender, Religion, Age, Skill Level) should be exempt from being a potential member of LB! We should welcome anyone with open arms .. being that LB is a "platform" it is only right that by joining our site will you eventually get better.

PREACH! Fiji Osa is making a very positive thread about sharing ideas on the site, and I feel that some are making this more about their personal feelings on Fiji rather than actually about the site.... which is what the thread is supposed to be about.

I think the answer to the poll for most members should be that they "Could Contribute More" unless they are one of the few who devote probably too much time to the site.... lmao.... we need yall too.

HOLLA!

I look forward to the creation of the LB Live Battle League.

We all have the ability to be critical, but lets make it constructive or at least less personal (and more directed at ideas for the site).

MY IDEA: A LB online merchandise bazaar in which excess credits and MC items (some like me have 2 of the same item) can be traded in towards discounts or free items (maybe one small MC item = $1 , a large item = $1, and 25 credits = $1 .... or something like that)

Just a Thought :grass:

:D

Fiji Osa
09-16-2014, 04:10 PM
There we go good point FREEK

J u s T C
09-16-2014, 04:51 PM
It was only a week ago you were calling Freak a cunt and threatening to knock his lights out if he dares to show his face to the event.

Oh how times have changed.

Mr-Felon
09-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Lmao at mfs "Caring" about Letsbeef now that its dead

Babylon
09-16-2014, 08:16 PM
1. Stop being so FUCKING stupid man. V4 does NOT exist. You DON'T have the "privilege to view V4". What you do have, just like everyone else who NOBLE felt like hitting up, is the ability to view the new SKIN he's been working on. There is NO V4. The skin is NOT V4, and just by saying that stupid sentence, you're giving LB the possibility of a shitstorm of backlash. If you go out and announce V4 to everyone, and then we only get the skin, EVERYONE will be like "So where's the upgrades, the features, the fixes?" etc.

2. Crew battles are NOT fixed yet. We haven't properly tested even one crew battle on this site (with more than one member). Don't get me wrong, Pugz is getting the work done on this stuff so this is absolutely in NO way a complain to him. Broken stuff being worked on is better than broken stuff not being worked on. But until they are fixed, or until you yourself have even attempted to test them, stfu about them.

3. But if the die hard members aren't happy, we're not going to shut up about it. We're going to want the site to move in the right direction first. You think LB is an unknown site? People have joined, didnt like it, and left. When the fixes Pugz promised us (and is currently putting work into) comes to fruition, THEN we'll start putting in work. If we're not being catered to, why the fuck should we bring more people on board.

4. "LB is just another audience to get your music heard". "Ehhh, mate, how come only 2 people have rated my track...and how come that Fiji Osa guy is none of them"?

5. Mention that LB is a place to get your topicals read yeah? Smfh you fucking faggot. I BEGGED cunts to vote on the topical final and you were no where to be fucking seen. Until YOU start pitching in don't have the fucking audacity to tell us to do shit. The fuck have you even done? Made condescending threads like this? Fuck off and get your head out of your arse mate.

6. LB has one GFX head, v3numb, who only responds to new pieces of GFX in an annoying as fuck condescending way.

What Student said. Shut the fuck up. You've been here for years and haven't done a damn thing. Pugz is getting Pseudo to put in work. That's why I'm not saying a single word of negativity to him until that stops. Things might not be working perfect yet but they are visibly being worked on so I'm silencing my negativity for the time being. I'm still not going to put in hard work to the site until they are completed though. Many of the members who've been here for years have worked so hard on the site, myself included, so now we want to reserve out time and efforts until we feel they are being matched by the guy running the site (which they are starting to be with the event and him pushing the fixes).

All in all, shut the fuck up your cretin. Go out and put in some fucking work before you tell us to do anything. And don't for one second tell us about the "work you're doing behind the scenes".

Here's a little taste of how LB sees you Fiji. I did an interview with Murderous Swag about a week ago (will post it tomorrow). I asked him out certain mods, this is what he replied about you.

Murderous
i feel that fiji osa doesnt contribute as he should but that being the reason he is a forum mod its overseen

EDIT: I see Punk basically said the exact same thing as me lol.

Oh well, I was going to post in this thread but instead I'll let all you fuckers re-read this by quoting it.

Fiji Osa
09-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Just C .. FREEK know what it is .. we deeded that shit you should too

J u s T C
09-16-2014, 09:56 PM
I'll deed you if you keep trying to tell me what to do.