PDA

View Full Version : Why did the round end so early?

GOOD GRIEF
09-05-2014, 06:08 AM
??????? Thought it'd be open for a bit... Like I post a verse and it closes HOURS later. Oh well.

NatsHubby
09-05-2014, 06:40 AM
classic robbery anyway

GOOD GRIEF
09-05-2014, 08:30 AM
NOBLE

Why would you expect everyone to post in three days? Then you close it in 4 saying they shouldn't wait till last minute. Lol did you want me to post in 2 days? c'mon you were asking for no shows. I know you gotta put your foot down to show your serious but c'mon

Why would you allow voting to only last one day? I mean really. That gave no one time to really vote.

Just saying man. I'm not butthurt (congrats to Anarchist btw). Try to give a bit more leeway going into the later rounds bro.

AfterThought
09-05-2014, 08:30 AM
And this round we get 2 days to post? :confused:

GOOD GRIEF
09-05-2014, 08:32 AM
And this round we get 2 days to post? :confused:

Well yeah if you want 2 days of voting. And I could've sworn someone said 1st round started on the 3rd so all August battles could close.

AfterThought
09-05-2014, 08:34 AM
We used to have like 5 days to post & 2 days open for voting lol.

GOOD GRIEF
09-05-2014, 08:36 AM
If you want to carry on the tourney like this that's you. I'd honestly would restart it for a better competition.this ain't the way to go. But it's your call man. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

AfterThought^this. All rounds= 1 week long. Better turn out and tension.

AfterThought
09-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Quite sure this is the most round 1 no-shows we ever got. :high:

I'm cool wit whatever really as long as people show up. There's just no way you're gonna have crazy dope battles or any major turnout when you give 2 days to post, s'what I think.

Hubert Cumberdale
09-05-2014, 08:58 AM
It seems it takes ages for people to realize that I'm always right.

1. No should be auto invited (Denton, RULE, Mayneak).
2. Tournament should never be seeded (boring first round saps motivation to vote).
3. There should be a minimum of 3 days voting.

lllllllllllll
09-05-2014, 09:28 AM
I believe this is how RULE tourney was but he just gave extra time when majority of the people didn't show or if battles got a small amount of votes. He would give extensions.

Nothing changed, he just closed rounds on the dot.

CSKiLLz
09-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I agree closed way to early id keep it open for at least a week before i closed it to tbh

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

and i wasnt even in the tourney and agree wit that

Row
09-05-2014, 10:07 AM
thats why yall shouldnt loaft in posting ya verses.

CSKiLLz
09-05-2014, 10:10 AM
just seems more logical maybe give them four days to post and three maybe even four days for votes. imo.

Obey
09-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Keeping ONE round open for a week makes the tournament become boring. Keeping it fast paced keeps the interest and people motivated. Idk how it's usually run though.

GOOD GRIEF
09-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Tbh fuck it. Don't change a thing. It wouldn't be fair to the fallen in rnd one. LIGHTNING ROUND BITCHESSSSSS!!!

Erupt da Monsta
09-05-2014, 12:21 PM
3 days to post... 3 days to vote

lllllllllllll
09-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Keeping ONE round open for a week makes the tournament become boring. Keeping it fast paced keeps the interest and people motivated. Idk how it's usually run though.

This.. Thats damn there a month and a half for a tourney.

ILLoKWENT
09-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Keeping ONE round open for a week makes the tournament become boring. Keeping it fast paced keeps the interest and people motivated. Idk how it's usually run though. agree..dont wait til the last minutep
People .but maybe allow at least one full day of voting after deadline

GOOD GRIEF
09-05-2014, 01:00 PM
This.. Thats damn there a month and a half for a tourney.

6 days each is fine. And whatever cuz we have nothing to do next month. AfterThought if you get knocked out the tourney want to do the #1 contender battle?

lllllllllllll
09-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Lmfao salty af

Wonderbred
09-05-2014, 01:29 PM
I agree that we need at least one full day of voting. I tend to post my verses late, which is my fault, whatever, but I still get them in by the deadline. If I post at 11:30 PM the day of the deadline, I'll be lucky to even get a couple votes. Which, even if it's mostly my fault, isn't really fair since I still got it in by the deadline. On top of that, it's unfair to my opponent if he posted early.

Óðinn
09-05-2014, 01:42 PM
It seems it takes ages for people to realize that I'm always right.

1. No should be auto invited (Denton, RULE, Mayneak).
2. Tournament should never be seeded (boring first round saps motivation to vote).
3. There should be a minimum of 3 days voting.

Agree... Especially with number 3. :high:

Obey
09-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I agree that we need at least one full day of voting. I tend to post my verses late, which is my fault, whatever, but I still get them in by the deadline. If I post at 11:30 PM the day of the deadline, I'll be lucky to even get a couple votes. Which, even if it's mostly my fault, isn't really fair since I still got it in by the deadline. On top of that, it's unfair to my opponent if he posted early.

Also not fair to your opponent lol. Idk what's so hard about posting early, it's not that hard to write a 16.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

You should honestly get 2 days to post, 2 days to vote after. If the battle goes out before the 2 days, than that's your advantage.

Hubert Cumberdale
09-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Why only one day to vote, if regular battles have 3 days? At the very least the tournament should have the same voting opportunities of a regular battle.

Then again, I no showed so fuck my opinion.

Student
09-05-2014, 02:13 PM
I Was About To Go Off On Everyone Who Didn't Post But I Just Saw They Had So Little Time. I Do Agree With EtH Though About Inviting People, How Are You Goong To Lnow Show When You Got Invited? I Was Asking For A Spot And I Would've Definitely Posted.

Wonderbred
09-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm not saying everyone should wait till the last minute to post, but the whole point of a deadline is to make people post by a certain time. There's no point in having a deadline if you expect everyone to post 1-2 days before it.

Hubert Cumberdale
09-05-2014, 02:18 PM
People will ALWAYS wait until the last minute to post. ALWAYS.

Xanda
09-05-2014, 03:26 PM
NOBLE you're running this. i'm not complaining about the amount of votes on the battle or none of that shit. but as someone said back in the day, 3 Days to post and the battles will be open for votes for 3 days.... now with the hype of the battles, giving votes 2 days should be enough to cut back some time...

My Only issue for this round is, I have a life. and I go back to my life every weekend lol
if its possible for an extension till Monday at 11:59 then i'll be able to post..... as of right now I might no show at this rate.... and if you know me you know I don't No Show Tournaments....

so that's where I stand on it... I feel like a 3 day post 2 day vote would alleviate all these questions and problems being addressed by the community take it as you will fammo!

matter fact just now thinking about this! whatever happens let me know VIA Facebook so I get that notification in my phone @ Mikey DeNiro

GOOD GRIEF
09-05-2014, 04:15 PM
People will ALWAYS wait until the last minute to post. ALWAYS.

But not giving them the benefit of the doubt isn't going to help.

AfterThought
09-05-2014, 04:16 PM
6 days each is fine. And whatever cuz we have nothing to do next month. AfterThought if you get knocked out the tourney want to do the #1 contender battle?

Fasho. :high:

NatsHubby
09-05-2014, 10:06 PM
I won the GC