PDA

View Full Version : Seriously

Shodan
09-03-2014, 06:22 PM
What the fuck is "wording?" I'm constantly hearing on every damn battle I do, "oh I liked your concepts but your wording is shit," "Octavia, you need to fix up your wording, etc." What does this shit even mean?

Student
09-03-2014, 06:28 PM
They're Talking About Vocabulary. I Guess You Do Need That "Higher Education". :D

Dysfunctional
09-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Wording is either not making the sentence sound forced to fit the flow. Or make each transition into the other smoother. (atleast thats what i thought it meant lol)

Dean
09-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Yah, people are pretty vague when they mention wording issues.

Shodan
09-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Wording is either not making the sentence sound forced to fit the flow. Or make each transition into the other smoother. (atleast thats what i thought it meant lol)

That's what I thought, but when I see it the context always seems to imply something slightly different.

Dysfunctional
09-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Dean sorry you must post your GC Verse before you can talk in here thank you :D

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Also Octavia what dean said above is my exact response to you people are vague as shit (especially in tourneys to avoid swaying)

Rant
09-04-2014, 12:52 PM
The amount of filler, the way in which you're phrasing something, natural sentence stucture. and coherence. These are all of the things which one may presumably take into consideration when regarding wording. Anything which hinders readability of the verse.

Hubert Cumberdale
09-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Think of it like this.

You know when someone tells you a joke that they barely remember, and because of how they worded it, it turns out not even funny? That's the same in a battle. If you don't get the wording on your punchline right, it won't have the desired effect.

NOBLE
09-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Someone who forces their phrases and veers away from the norm of how people would normally make a similar expression in everyday speech can be said to have "wording issues." It's very easy to make words rhyme but they also have to be coherent. You want to come across more as if you're actually talking but just happen to rhyme rather than sounding like someone who's actually "trying" to rhyme by stringing a bunch of words that rhyme but not making much sense or sounding unnatural. More natural type of speech enables the concepts you're trying to convey to register more clearly.

Row
09-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Someone who forces their phrases and veers away from the norm of how people would normally make a similar expression in everyday speech can be said to have "wording issues."

this :high: