PDA

View Full Version : Why remove low votes?

DooX
07-27-2014, 07:57 PM
I've seen plenty of battles where people voted low for both of the emcees and where mods just swooshed in and removed the low vote. Why?

You have to understand that voting is a matter of perspective. You may dislike football, but my entire dream may be to become a football player. You may not be impressed by how a goalkeeper saved a goal, but i may have been absolutely stunned about it. You may dislike black chicks but I may love only black chicks (no racism intended). You basically get the picture.

If something just the opposite had happened, where majority of the people were voting 6's and a person came and voted a 10 why not have their vote removed?

In all honesty why are you guys judging the opinions of other people who are trying to vote based on your perspective? Thats like removing all of the votes of people who voted for Romney and put it for Obama because the people at top felt that he gave a better speech.

You are weighing your opinion more than that of others, which is more leaned towards monarchy than democracy.

I understand a battle between UNKNOWN ARTIST and Daddio usually averages dimes all round, but if a person felt like they didn't fall in love with both of their verses and voted just a 6 or a 7, what right do you have to remove that vote?

Where in the rules of Letsbeef is there a rule saying that "Any vote deemed not worthy by the staff shall be removed"?

This is just another point of mine where I feel that mods think way too highly of themselves in addition to where their votes are concealed...Keep it fair people.

You need to encourage voting, otherwise you'll always have battles capped at 10-15 votes MAX out of an average 100 active users per day. (As recorded by the forum statistics)

Thank you for your time.

Phe
07-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Ben Wallace was always a much better basketball player then Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant..

lllllllllllll
07-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Too much to read..

ILLoKWENT
07-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Thats understandable. But as mods we dont normally look for low ratings to remove.. it has to be brought to our attention by one of the participants.. then well look over the verse our selves and if we feel that removal is justified then well do so.. and its tru everyones entitled to their opinion but theres also a line you have to cross in regards to how knoeledgeable or experienced that voter is in making a judgment call.. its like asking a 5year old if he prefers dr. Seuss or eminem..based on his experience level his opinion technically would then be valid because hes going by what he knows as good..its not a perfect science and we as mods wont always make the right decisions. We just need yall to support us in doing our job in trying to make the best decisions possible on each different circumstance that hopefully can please everyone .(which is almost always impossible).. but doox i completely get where ur coming from and well try to be as vigilant as we can...

Shodan
07-27-2014, 10:31 PM
its like asking a 5year old if he prefers dr. Seuss or eminem..based on his experience level his opinion technically would then be valid because hes going by what he knows as good..

Considering the skill levels of each of these emcees, I feel this example is invalid.

ILLoKWENT
07-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Considering the skill levels of each of these emcees, I feel this example is invalid.

dr. seuss fathered the rhyme scheme...lol and wil shakespear grandfathered it before he did

DooX
07-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Thats understandable. But as mods we dont normally look for low ratings to remove.. it has to be brought to our attention by one of the participants.. then well look over the verse our selves and if we feel that removal is justified then well do so.. and its tru everyones entitled to their opinion but theres also a line you have to cross in regards to how knoeledgeable or experienced that voter is in making a judgment call.. its like asking a 5year old if he prefers dr. Seuss or eminem..based on his experience level his opinion technically would then be valid because hes going by what he knows as good..its not a perfect science and we as mods wont always make the right decisions. We just need yall to support us in doing our job in trying to make the best decisions possible on each different circumstance that hopefully can please everyone .(which is almost always impossible).. but doox i completely get where ur coming from and well try to be as vigilant as we can...

I understand Illokwent, however that is why The official and unofficial FVC exist to shed some light on the voting. In most cases not all of the people who vote are uneducated. In an average out of 10 votes only one gets his vote removed for either a too low rating (even if voting for the 'right' person) or voting for the opponent of the dominating emcee. In most cases those people don't even know that their vote got deleted because they dont usually come back to battles they've voted and thus continue on their mistake (PM them to let them know?). I know you wouldn't be able to solve this in a day, but you could be a little bit more strict on the category of removing votes

Paperclip I love your enthusiasm for your job.

lllllllllllll
07-28-2014, 12:29 PM
DooX thanks