PDA

View Full Version : Your Old Droog = Nas?

Godbody
07-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Ya'll ever hear about this dude? Hip-Hop's biggest mystery. Sounds a lot like Nas, although several sources have confirmed that its some white kid from Brooklyn. Still, you can tell Nas had a huge influence on the kid and he studied everything from the cadence to Nas's lyricism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGu5rqWH8Zg

Óðinn
07-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Your Old Droog Is Nas!! Stop Being Stupid!! - YouTube

Godbody
07-20-2014, 02:45 PM
I really don't think dude is Nas. Had to make a catchy headline for the thread

But a lot of times in his songs dudes voice changes and he sounds nothing like Nas

some even say he sounds like The Game lol

Óðinn
07-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Hahah... Yeah, not 100% sure... won't know till the guy's actually seen.

Nicholas
07-20-2014, 02:59 PM
I think it's Nas.

Godbody
07-20-2014, 03:02 PM
This is one of those things where you dont know until you actually see dude with your eyes

Cuz dude raps almost exactly like Nas to the point that you'd be surprised if it wasnt Nas

but the different pitches in his voice throw me off

& now I'm hearing its Nas with an edited pitch. whoever dude is, he dropped an EP and the shit is dope. Nas or Nas imitator, i can fuck with this boom bap rap

Mr-Felon
07-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Thats Nas I have most of Nas albums and thats him does sound like The Game sometimes

Obey
07-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Yo Godbody, you got twitter. Go on Your Old Droog's twitter, it is Nas.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

He tweeted: ''What's Eminem without Slim Shady? What's Tyler without Wolf Haley? What's Nas without..''

Godbody
07-20-2014, 04:20 PM
I did go on his twitter. Dude has 2 twitter pages one claiming its the official shit the other page is just there...doesn't mean its Nas though

if i listen to YOD & become a fan, I can make a twitter page too & draw as many connections as I can to Nas and even claim dude is Nas without having a shred of evidence

lol

Obey
07-20-2014, 04:23 PM
I did go on his twitter. Dude has 2 twitter pages one claiming its the official shit the other page is just there...doesn't mean its Nas though

if i listen to YOD & become a fan, I can make a twitter page too & draw as many connections as I can to Nas and even claim dude is Nas without having a shred of evidence

lol

It all makes perfect sense to be Nas. Nas can't drop an album under NAS due to contract disputes w/ Def Jam. So he releases one under an alias.

Godbody
07-20-2014, 04:50 PM
i was thinking the same thing...maybe Nas made an album under an alias due to contractual issues

but why be so quiet about it...i mean its a nice gem for hip-hop...but wouldnt the twitter page be bigger? wouldn't you try to market yourself a little more so that your alias would have a fanbase?

YOD fanbase are Nas fans...if Nas' idea is to drop an album under an alias i dont think he's thinking about the $$$ at all cuz if he was he should've marketed the shit out of his alias in an ingenius way... rather than blindly drop an EP and gain such a short followin

I doubt the Your Old Droog fanbase is more than 10,000 strong

so if Nas thinks this is some genius way to reinvent himself or even get a payout, idk how he plans to do it

Obey
07-20-2014, 04:55 PM
i was thinking the same thing...maybe Nas made an album under an alias due to contractual issues

but why be so quiet about it...i mean its a nice gem for hip-hop...but wouldnt the twitter page be bigger? wouldn't you try to market yourself a little more so that your alias would have a fanbase?

YOD fanbase are Nas fans...if Nas' idea is to drop an album under an alias i dont think he's thinking about the $$$ at all cuz if he was he should've marketed the shit out of his alias in an ingenius way... rather than blindly drop an EP and gain such a short followin

I doubt the Your Old Droog fanbase is more than 10,000 strong

so if Nas thinks this is some genius way to reinvent himself or even get a payout, idk how he plans to do it

I think in all honesty it's not about the exposure, he's trying to bring back real hip hop. I'm sorry, but no one can impersonate someone's cadence, pronunciation of every word, etc.. down to a T. Maybe eventually he'll come out and say he's him, but if this honestly is NOT Nas, props man. Cause this is up-to-par w/ some of the best shit I've ever heard lol.

Godbody
07-20-2014, 04:59 PM
it is up to par with some of the best shit i've heard too

thats why im really hopin its Nas and not a dickriding/biting Nas stan

because if it is Nas and he managed to pull the wool over so many people's eyes, this is great for Hip-Hop.

still, a few publications online claim to have met YOD and they claim its a 24 yr old white kid from Brooklyn or something

Obey
07-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Just also found out ''Droog'' in Russian means friend. ''Your Old Friend..'' I don't know though man, maybe it's some Russian white dude lol. Shit's complicated as fuck.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Yeah, but you know how the industry works man. Def Jam might of possibly found out it's Nas and are trying to deter the eyes so Nas don't get the spotlight. If this is some white kid, why wouldn't he show his face by now? He's being compared to NAS.. dude would've came out the first 5 minutes.

Óðinn
07-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Just also found out ''Droog'' in Russian means friend. ''Your Old Friend..'' I don't know though man, maybe it's some Russian white dude lol. Shit's complicated as fuck.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Yeah, but you know how the industry works man. Def Jam might of possibly found out it's Nas and are trying to deter the eyes so Nas don't get the spotlight. If this is some white kid, why wouldn't he show his face by now? He's being compared to NAS.. dude would've came out the first 5 minutes.

haha yeah that's true. I'd say it deffo is Nas. :high:

Nicholas
07-20-2014, 05:05 PM
If this is some white kid, why wouldn't he show his face by now? He's being compared to NAS.. dude would've came out the first 5 minutes.

Because while the mystery remains the attention he's getting is sky rocketing lol

Godbody
07-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Apparently its some white kid that went by the name Imaginary Droog or Invisible Droog

i heard that Droog means friend too.. So dudes name is "Your Old Friend"...right there it makes sense that it'd be Nas.

and when you have reputable sites like Complex publishing articles about how they met Droog and its not Nas, it throws the whole shit off

but Nas has the money and he definitely has the respect to have Complex make a false article

also, Mac Miller came out yesterday and said he collaborated with Droog

Mac Miller was pictured with Nas in the studio in June.....haha, im lovin this shit

its great for Hip-Hop whether its Nas or not

& like Nicholas said

why come out? if its not Nas, hes riding the Nas wave which keeps the mystique and buzz alive

Obey
07-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Apparently its some white kid that went by the name Imaginary Droog or Invisible Droog

i heard that Droog means friend too.. So dudes name is "Your Old Friend"...right there it makes sense that it'd be Nas.

and when you have reputable sites like Complex publishing articles about how they met Droog and its not Nas, it throws the whole shit off

but Nas has the money and he definitely has the respect to have Complex make a false article

also, Mac Miller came out yesterday and said he collaborated with Droog

Mac Miller was pictured with Nas in the studio in June.....haha, im lovin this shit

its great for Hip-Hop whether its Nas or not

& like Nicholas said

why come out? if its not Nas, hes riding the Nas wave which keeps the mystique and buzz alive

Glad Mac Miller's finally getting the attention he deserves. Faces is a dope ass album. But yeah, I'm sticking w/ that it's Nas until ''Droog'' exposes himself.

NOBLE
07-20-2014, 05:27 PM
It's Nas with an electronically altered pitch.

Godbody
07-20-2014, 05:34 PM
That seems to be the consensus

Regardless if its Nas or not, I've ran back some of these songs like 5 times already.. i meant to post about this a few weeks ago when it happened, but never got around to it

some of the lines are insanely good and are eerily close to shit Nas would say. I'm 75/25 on it being Nas. 75 in favor of this dude being Nas

People who understand innovation, give me standing ovations
They don't just accept things, they demand information
Different viewpoints, from a multitude of sources
Make it work for the kids, like we going through divorces

^ tell me those arent Nas bars lol

V3numb
07-20-2014, 05:55 PM
maybe nas going through a mid-life crisis or something who knows,

if he dropped album under nas ppl will ether ride his dick or say he's washed up..

BUT.. if he drops something that noone knows it's him.. then he can get real feed and povs unaltered by the fact he's a;ready a hip-hop icon, prolly just wants reassurance that he's still great.. and not just a faint residue of what he once was

FiNAL WoRD
07-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Your Old Droog - Loosey In The Store with Pennies - YouTube
mentions nas and illmatic and some other shit..its nas you loons

Obey
07-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Your Old Droog - Free Turkey - YouTube
Dopest one all tbh, lmao at having a picture of NEMS to make people think this is the dude on the thumbnail. This to me is the best track, I really like it.

Supsie
07-20-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't think thats Nas the guy has just copied his whole style tho very well, listen closer to the voice I doubt its him.

Obey
07-20-2014, 07:24 PM
I don't think thats Nas the guy has just copied his whole style tho very well, listen closer to the voice I doubt its him.

Could be a pitch change, enough so it makes people think.. ''This COULD be Nas, yet.. it might not be.'' Keeps the mysterious-orb around it.

V3numb
07-20-2014, 07:31 PM
i wdnt be surprised if it wasnt him, i just listened and he sounds A LOT like'em, he got the flow and style, but his swagger is off, kinda some things and lines you wdnt see Nas saying imo

Obey
07-20-2014, 07:58 PM
New evidence, supposedly ''Mass Appeal'' is promoting this dude. Nas recently invested a very large sum in Mass Appeal publication, and started his own label called ''Mass Appeal..'' You can see the trolling on their page of this guy, ''Enjoys taking long walks on the beach, waffles..'' http://massappeal.com/your-old-droog-nutty-bars/

V3numb
07-20-2014, 09:06 PM
isnt much of an article , lol barely scratches the surface of anything

Supsie
07-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Could be a pitch change, enough so it makes people think.. ''This COULD be Nas, yet.. it might not be.'' Keeps the mysterious-orb around it.

How did I not think of that, yeah it might be him then lol

Obey
07-20-2014, 09:26 PM
isnt much of an article , lol barely scratches the surface of anything

Exactly, lol.. ''Former pro wiffle ball player?'' lmao.. they're trolling, it's Nas.

AfterThought
07-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Maybe they changed his pitch for somethin to do with the contract issues, seems smart. :high:

V3numb
07-20-2014, 10:44 PM
i dont know boo boo, you're prolly right tho lol

Hubert Cumberdale
07-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Black Haze pt. 2

Godbody
08-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Don't think dude is Nas anymore after hearing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0g480_yZc0

Obey
08-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Don't think dude is Nas anymore after hearing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0g480_yZc0

White dude's name is NEMS.. that's not Droog, I'm still not convinced this is not NAS.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

On the thumbnail that is ^

Godbody
08-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Your Old Droog is gonna have a concert here in NY on Sept 3rd...It'll be the first time all/most of us see who it is. Unless its Nas, then we've seen him before

But yeah just listen to that video... it doesn't sound like Nas. & at the same time, I can see how you can change the pitch of dude's voice to make it sound more like Nas. Cuz he has a Nas-ish voice but its not quite Nas's

Obey
08-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Your Old Droog is gonna have a concert here in NY on Sept 3rd...It'll be the first time all/most of us see who it is. Unless its Nas, then we've seen him before

But yeah just listen to that video... it doesn't sound like Nas. & at the same time, I can see how you can change the pitch of dude's voice to make it sound more like Nas. Cuz he has a Nas-ish voice but its not quite Nas's

No shit, it'd be awesome if Nas came out.

Mr-Felon
08-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Ok so I have alot of Nas albums and the first few songs I listened to I thought it was NAS but after a few listens I really don't think its him

Louie Dawgs
08-01-2014, 07:48 PM
It's not NaS. Seriously.

Rain Matrix 1
08-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Droog? you read clockwork orange recently eh :high: