PDA

View Full Version : LB's Biggest Beneficiaries

Iron Mike
07-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Do you think there is voter bias on LB? If so, who do you think are some of the biggest beneficiaries of such bias (historically and currently)?

Student
07-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Do you think there is voter bias on LB? If so, who do you think are some of the biggest beneficiaries of such bias (historically and currently)?

Why Don't You Start This Discussion Off And We'll Add To It?

Aggo
07-03-2014, 09:46 PM
I think there definitely is. I think most people think there is. I'm not sure who the biggest beneficiaries are, but in the audio GC Dono and I seemed to agree that he had a "home field advantage".

Not that I should have won necessarily, but that the voting should have been closer.

Enfinite
07-03-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't think the voting is bias 100%. I think its only biased when the battle is close. You can have so and so vs. RULE for example. The battle can be dead even, but since it's so close people will naturally give RULE the vote because he's more known.

Row
07-03-2014, 09:53 PM
I don't think the voting is bias 100%. I think its only biased when the battle is close. You can have so and so vs. RULE for example. The battle can be dead even, but sense it's so close people will naturally give RULE the vote because he's more known.

agreed.

Iron Mike
07-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Why Don't You Start This Discussion Off And We'll Add To It?

Lol. Don't answer a question with a question.

GRizzEAT
07-03-2014, 10:02 PM
one day ur up, next day ur down.. has mostly to do w/ how ur viewed in tha eye of tha people. wudn say its bias, but its most deffo a what have u done for me lately vibe goin on here.

Hubert Cumberdale
07-03-2014, 10:03 PM
RULE and Mayneak are the biggest two on LB. Both will have faded now, so if you're taking a loss to RULE in the GC don't quote me like it's relevant :D. But in the past these two had GIGANTIC followings.

Dean
07-03-2014, 10:03 PM
I don't think the voting is bias 100%. I think its only biased when the battle is close. You can have so and so vs. RULE for example. The battle can be dead even, but sense it's so close people will naturally give RULE the vote because he's more known.

Yah, I agree with this. Some people vote for the more established name to seperate a close battle.

AfterThought
07-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Therefore, work on gettin a big name lol

Obey
07-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Therefore, work on gettin a big name lol

Need to beat a big name to get one, and if this is true that's not happening.

AfterThought
07-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Nah, I believe even with the whole "big name" factor, if your bars are absolute fire you'll win regardless, you just have to put in some extra effort

RULE
07-04-2014, 04:03 AM
My response, as always, is: Post a battle i won where i didnt have the best verse.

The biggest beneficiaries by far on LB were the audio "heavyweights" of 2008-2011. They terribly mediocre battlers who bitched and moaned there ways to tourney finals. Anyone who voted against them got a torrent of pm's whinying about there votes. I know cuz i recieved plenty during my early days.

Dont think LB audio ever had a even field until 2013 ish when the old heads fucked off.

Jesse Pinkman
07-04-2014, 05:04 AM
one day ur up, next day ur down.. has mostly to do w/ how ur viewed in tha eye of tha people. wudn say its bias, but its most deffo a what have u done for me lately vibe goin on here.

so buddy votes?

BENSON THA GREAT
07-04-2014, 08:19 AM
BENSON THE GREAT HAS A BIG NAME ON THIS SITE..LOVE ME OR HATE ME..U KNOW WHO I AM REGARDLESS :)

Saxx
07-04-2014, 09:07 AM
This is why im gonna embarass people very soon. Ya'll lost the hunger...

Nicholas
07-04-2014, 09:10 AM
The biggest beneficiaries by far on LB were the audio "heavyweights" of 2008-2011.

I was about to post this.

Wizdumb
07-04-2014, 09:39 AM
There's always going to be a bias towards established battlers. Everyone has a style and if people are familiar with your style/skillset they generally know what their going to be looking for when they click on your battles.

With up and coming/unfamiliar battlers it's up to the artist to prove themselves to the reader while establishing a footprint of their own. IMO it's this stage of a battlers development that's most frustrating because a lot of quality bars are overlooked/underappreciated.

The most recent example that I can think of would be ViTRiOL. For as long as i can remember the man's been putting out quality material, but he was vastly overlooked/under-rated until just recently. Now he's solidified his position as a legitimite heavyweight and his works finally getting the attention/recongnition it deserves.

So in short, yes there is a bias, but the people benefiting from it now weren't always at the top. At some point they had to climb the ranks and overcome it just like everyone else does.

And unfortunately theres always going to be nut-huggers and jock-riders. That's just a part of the game ya gotta deal with... thats why we have vp lol

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Nah, I believe even with the whole "big name" factor, if your bars are absolute fire you'll win regardless, you just have to put in some extra effort

AT nailed it. If you blow your opponent outta the water it's a different story. But if the battles close, chances are the more established battlers going to be taking it home.

GRizzEAT
07-04-2014, 10:10 AM
so buddy votes?

nam, trolling.