PDA

View Full Version : True Battle Rap Fans: Was This Stunt Good For The Culture?

Fiji Osa
06-29-2014, 02:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE59x_lp2Og

Say what you want about Hoffa or Diz .. but do you think this was a good look for the culture? Sure Hoffa been due this but at what cost? Do you feel that it is even safe to battle rap anymore? I see this escalating till somebody gets stabbed or shot (little extreme) but you never know.

Your thoughts LB?

Iron Mike
06-29-2014, 02:29 AM
If people start copying and trying to one-up each other through similar tactics, then its not good for the culture since it will shift the focus away from the actual art of battling. I heard someone yell "WorldStar" after he hit him. I'd hate to see Rap Battling turn into just another WorldStar feature.

J u s T C
06-29-2014, 02:45 AM
No. it makes them look like a bunch of animals. Don't care what Maths done in the past. This kinda shit doesn't help.

The potential to really make something out of battle rap gets killed by this kind of shit.

Imagine all the talent that would want to step out onto this kind of stage being put off by this type of shit.

I dunno about anyone else but I wouldn't want to compete knowing I could get swung on at any moment. If I wanna fight I'll take up boxing or MMA.

Plus who in their right mind would put serious money into this shit? it's a disaster waiting to happen. No pun intended.