PDA

View Full Version : One Nation Radio #52 (Wrestling Podcast)

Danger Rich
06-26-2014, 06:29 PM
One Nation Radio #52 (Money In The Bank)

The Nation discusses Money In The Bank, The Divas Division, and Would certain gimmicks work if a Wrestler were Black? Email us NOW! to get your question read on air! Rate and Review Us On iTunes!

Subscribe & Rate On iTunes (Search One Nation Radio)

http://onenationradio.podomatic.com/entry/2014-06-25T18_33_31-07_00

Hubert Cumberdale
06-26-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm currently continuing an old BTB I did back in the day. Man the 2011 roster was absolutely horrifying.

Shit Alberto could be out? I'd love to see him picked up by ROH and see them do something original with him. He's a massively underrated wrestler.

Danger Rich
06-26-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm currently continuing an old BTB I did back in the day. Man the 2011 roster was absolutely horrifying.

Shit Alberto could be out? I'd love to see him picked up by ROH and see them do something original with him. He's a massively underrated wrestler.

im a huge del rio mark, but they never quite figured out how to get him over as a face or a heel...i just wonder why... he's incredible between the ropes.

Hubert Cumberdale
06-26-2014, 07:09 PM
im a huge del rio mark, but they never quite figured out how to get him over as a face or a heel...i just wonder why... he's incredible between the ropes.

Del Rio hasn't been the same since they made him lose to Christian for the title.

You had Del Rio Vs Edge at WM, a match Del Rio should have won if they were going to push him like they did.

Edge won and retired.

Then you had Christian Vs Del Rio for the title, and for no reason at all they made Christian win.

Was this worth while? Did it benefit Christian? Nope, he lost it not 24 hours later.

He actually made an okay face as well. The problem is that they are too generic with him. I don't want faces and heels to have different ideals. I want it to be like Austin. Bad Austin = Austin Vs Face Character. Good Austin = Austin Vs Heel Character. Don't make their personality change based on their face/heel situation.

But yeah he's a very hard guy to book. I was specifically a HUGE fan around the time that he debuted but now there isn't really a storyline which is interesting. I also hated that they broke him and Ricardo up. What sold me on that was that Del Rio saw him more like a friend than a lackey, but as usual they changed that.

RULE
06-27-2014, 02:40 AM
Del Rio's badass.

OSKAR
06-27-2014, 04:47 AM
I honestly think that Del Rio's match with Cristian was top class and it didn't really hurt his place in the main event. If you look at his accomplishments, the guy is a MITB winner, a 40 man Royal Rumble winner, WHC Champion and WWE Champion. He's feud with Dolph put on good matches and that double turn angle could have worked if they didn't drop the idea of Dolph being main event altogether.

For me it's his mic work. I don't buy it when he says something...'Holla perrrrrrro, it's my Destiny to be Campeon. I got cojones'..come on man his promos are dreadful imo. Also getting rid of Rodriguez took a lot out of his character. His entrances always got you pumped and made him look special

Hubert Cumberdale
06-27-2014, 05:53 AM
I honestly think that Del Rio's match with Cristian was top class and it didn't really hurt his place in the main event. If you look at his accomplishments, the guy is a MITB winner, a 40 man Royal Rumble winner, WHC Champion and WWE Champion. He's feud with Dolph put on good matches and that double turn angle could have worked if they didn't drop the idea of Dolph being main event altogether.

For me it's his mic work. I don't buy it when he says something...'Holla perrrrrrro, it's my Destiny to be Campeon. I got cojones'..come on man his promos are dreadful imo. Also getting rid of Rodriguez took a lot out of his character. His entrances always got you pumped and made him look special

Yeah he could defo use something better with his mic work. I'd like for them to make him be a little bit more of a badass. Like around the time when he absolutely smashed someone, can't remember who, with the kendo stick, he was at the top. I'd like to see him be a little bit more of a nutjob, and that might give him a bit of an edge.

You can't really blame them with Dolph either. He gets injured a little bit too much. Dolph's another guy that's just a nightmare to book. Heel or face he just doesn't really get the crowd. Cody Rhodes is another for that category. They both had some good crowd reactions as faces but it died out quickly.

Am I the only one DYING for a Kofi Kingston heel turn? If they made him "flip" like they did Vs Ziggler a while ago, he could be a much more aggressive heel. Heels usually have an easier time on the mic so it allows him to get some practice in. They need to give a lot of people a bit more mike work. Usos could really use some practice.

OSKAR
06-27-2014, 06:16 AM
^ Ye. Dolph is pretty over as a face though. He will put in a good performance at MITB and I'm only certain that they'll tease him winning the briefcase only to be tossed from the ladder right before he grabs it. I'm not interested in Kofi. Even if he turns heel I still won't like him. Everything about him looks stiff and sloppy he's not the type of wrestler that'll entertain me. He ain't the high flier Mysterio, Cara & Neville are, imo nothing he does stands out. He went from King of the mid card to a jobber and I think that's the right place for him in the company. With all the titles he has if new guys beat him it'll be something.

Speaking of going over, why can't the comentators do a good job of putting over talent? Instead of talking about each wrestlers past and what they've accomplished to makes us know why beating someone like Kofi Kingston is an accomplishment, they crack lame jokes and attack each other lol. Instead of 'Bo pins Kingston' an 'OH MY GAWD Jerry, he beat the former IC,US bla bla champion' would certainly make us buy a win over Kofi. Hell the same can be said for Ryder, he a former us champion to lol

Wade Barrett getting injured before MITB pissed me off tho

Danger Rich
06-27-2014, 07:58 PM
any of y'all catch the show?

Hubert Cumberdale
06-27-2014, 08:30 PM
^I listened to about half an hour of it.

OSK, a perfect example of getting over in MITB was Rhodes last year. Dude entered as a heel and left as a face. It's a real skill to go over with your wrestling ability alone. Cesaro is an example of this as well.

Yeah Barrett getting injured annoyed me too. I'm still gutted that they didn't do the right thing and give him the title while in Nexus. That wasn't too quick a push. Barrett legitimately might have had the top 3 feuds with Cena in the last like 5 years. He made the unstoppable look like a bitch.

Instead of having Barrett get the title. Cena defied him, got fired. Then just decided "Nah Im not fired, Im coming back every week".

Danger Rich
06-27-2014, 08:33 PM
I can really only see Cena or Orton winning...

Hubert Cumberdale
06-27-2014, 08:39 PM
If I'm right, the rumour mill says Cena is taking the title, Brock is taking it from him, then Bryan is taking it from Brock.