PDA

View Full Version : Religious conversation

Babylon
06-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Let's have a bit of a religious conversation, shall we? Only rules are don't get butthurt, and don't be a cunt.

My question is, what reason to you have to not accept Evolution as the most likely situation equaling in our existence, religious people?

Generally ignorant things said by people who have no clue what they're talking about on this subject:

"We came from monkeys" No. We didn't. They are a distant "cousin" like creature to us.

"How did life start, then?" Evolution says nothing about the origins of life. Evolution is simply how it evolved once it was already here.

etc

etc

etc

And now I'm going to simply explain what Evolution is, to those who don't really know.

Every living organism is made up of cells, these cells hold a nucleus, the nucleus holds chromosomes, the chromosomes hold DNA, DNA is made up of Genes, genes which determine the characteristics that make up whatever the living organism "is". Your genes determined that you are blonde, brunette, are generally tall, etc, etc, etc. Each time a species gives birth, the characteristics of the offspring vary. None are alike, even twins are genetically different. This increases the diversity and uniqueness within the species immensely, and never ceases as long as reproduction occurs. Mutations, or random changes in DNA determine even further changes within the offspring, these mutations can result in cell manipulation, giving you cancer, or in neutral/positive ways, such as giving you blue eyes. These random mutations affect a gamete, or a sperm/egg cell, in random ways. Here's where natural selection comes into play, there are extensive variation within a species. Environmental influences have a large affect on species, and these selections are determined by things such as parasites, predators, toxins, climate, changes in habitat, etc. Every living creature is affected by this selection, and it helps them to survive in their environment. Those with the beneficial mix of random genetic characteristics do not die off from the surrounding effects of their environment, and those who have poor traits within it die off. This leaves, for the most part, the ones with the genetic prowess to survive.

The result of these things surviving are them passing on their traits to their offspring, who will get a random mix of the traits from within their parents and have their own as well.

Take the Darwins Finch argument for example:

A long time ago a group of Finches were blown onto the Galapagos islands, most likely by a large storm. Whilst there, they mated. After a time, there were an insane amount of Finches on these islands, and food became scarce. Throughout the years of scarce food supplies, some Finches were born with sharper-more pointy beaks, so that they could pluck worms from the ground to eat. Other finches were born with more bulky beaks, so that they could crack open seeds and eat the insides. These very slightly beaks were a result of random genetic chances, as explained above. As more of these Finches were born with these slight differences in beak types, they began to create ecological niches, and within these niches they were safe from the food competition the entirety of the population gave. A lot of finches born with normal beaks died off, because the food scarcity became too much and they starved. The niche-dwelling Finches strayed to themselves to avoid any of this competition, and began to mate with finches that primarily used the same niche (Note that not all of the population did this, just a substantial amount.) Over the course of many generations, these separate mating niches produces varying offspring based upon not only the hereditary genetics given from their parents, but the random DNA explained above. The beak difference characteristics were enhanced over many generations, as the parents that had them were passed on to the different birds. On and on these beak types became more and more prevalent until the seed crackers and the worm-diggers were so different genetically that they were no longer able to mate with one another. Thus two separate species of Finch were born. This is evolution. Today there are 14 different species living on the Galapagos islands, all descending from that flock that originated all that time ago. This explains why apes scale from tree to tree, why fish adapted lights on their heads to combat the darkness & be able to hunt.

So, care to answer my first question, anyone?

Shodan
06-24-2014, 05:40 PM
To answer your question:

Science and logic are creations of Satan. They are designed to pull us away from God and send us into hell. The only way to combat this is to read the Bible until the crimethink subsides.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

To answer your question:

Science and logic are creations of satan designed to pull us away from God. The only way to combat this is to read the Bible until the crimethink subsides. If you do not, you will be tortured forever in Hell. We know all this because the Bible says so.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

To answer your question:

Science and logic are creations of satan designed to pull us away from God. The only way to combat this is to read the Bible until the crimethink subsides. If you do not, you will be tortured forever in Hell. We know all this because the Bible says so.

Enfinite
06-24-2014, 06:22 PM
I left a really long winded and intelligent response to your question. But then LB shit out on me and deleted it. I had 3 paragraphs. I will now summarize this in a series of hashtags.

#fuckreligion #Manmade #Evolutionisthere #Facts #Idobelieveinacreatorjustnotreligion

#wearentalone #spiritualityoverreligion last but not least #sciencebitch

Enfinite
06-24-2014, 06:26 PM
I left a really long winded and intelligent response to your question. But then LB shit out on me and deleted it. I had 3 paragraphs. I will now summarize this in a series of hashtags.

#fuckreligion #Manmade #Evolutionisthere #Facts #Idobelieveinacreatorjustnotreligion

#wearentalone #spiritualityoverreligion last but not least #sciencebitch

TerraByte
06-24-2014, 07:05 PM
I would be interested in an answer from a creationist as well. I simply have never understood how it is a more logical response to the evidence available. I've pretty much always been an atheist my entire life, and try to be as logical and skeptical as possible daily. I also have made debate of this topic a pet subject. Might be an interesting/weird idea for a battle with one defending the point the other arguing against it.

Babylon
06-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Nyarlathotep - Oh boy if Lockhart was here you'd get so many "I'll pray for you"'s that your face would explode.

Enfinite - That's probably the best way I've ever seen a response in that situation, I usually just punch my dog in the face and go running to let off steam when that happens.

So, what you're saying is that you're Diestic? Valid belief, I'm somewhat on the Diest scale I believe. What leads you to conclude that there is some creator for us, though?

Row
06-24-2014, 07:07 PM
evolution has too many holes for it to be accepted as how we got here.

and science did not create Satan. That's absurd

Óðinn
06-24-2014, 07:10 PM
One religion:

Don't Be A Cunt!!

Óðinn
06-24-2014, 07:10 PM
One religion:

Don't Be A Cunt!!

Babylon
06-24-2014, 07:11 PM

1) Care to elaborate on these holes? And if you've actually found holes within the theory of evolution, something that millions of people accept as fact, why don't you have a Nobel prize?

2) Evolution says nothing about how we got here, did you even read the OP before commenting?

TerraByte
06-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Row, that's simply not all that true any more. There are very little holes in most evolutionary chains, and the sheer amount of transitional fossils are just ridiculous, particularly when it comes to humans. Don't get me wrong, there are still SOME holes, just not all that many.

What would you define as too many holes to be justified as a good answer?

Babylon
06-24-2014, 07:12 PM

1) Care to elaborate on these holes? And if you've actually found holes within the theory of evolution, something that millions of people accept as fact, why don't you have a Nobel prize?

2) Evolution says nothing about how we got here, did you even read the OP before commenting?

Row
06-24-2014, 07:13 PM
1) Care to elaborate?

1) Care to elaborate?

1) I'd love too, sadly gotta step out now so i'll be back later.
2) no i didnt lol , i will before i respond.

just to throw it in,

3) Lockhart aint know shit. I'll preach to yall

TerraByte
06-24-2014, 07:16 PM
I think he's saying there are holes in the transitional fossil record, which is true, but I disagree that it is something that makes it therefore unlikely. There are very few holes.

Also, just to play devil's advocate, millions of people believe evolution is a lie too, so numbers don't really play into anything.

Aggo
06-24-2014, 07:17 PM
LoL at Nyanthropep

Enfinite
06-24-2014, 07:18 PM
All these fucking double posts

Supsie
06-24-2014, 07:19 PM
I think religion just creates barriers and separates people God don't want that, i think religion is not good.
An as for evolution I believe we were created by the Annunaki.

Enfinite
06-24-2014, 07:21 PM
The overall gist of my post though was, Evolution does exist, whether it's how we got here or not is still a theory of course. I don't like religion, I do believe in creation because intelligence creates intelligence in my opinion. What that Creator is, I don't know. It may be the universe, it may be a conscious being, it may be aliens. The universe is far to big and complex for me to think otherwise. Then I went on a tangent about not being the only lifeforms in the universe lol. That's my little summary I guess.

Enfinite
06-24-2014, 07:29 PM
If this motherfucking website will let me post I could explain it. Wasted another paragraph, probably gonna be eighteen posts from me when this is done. Anyway,

I believe intelligence creates intelligence personally, life, the universe, far to complex imo to have come from a big bang, or whatever origin. Whether we came from a deity, aliens, the universe itself if it were somehow conscious. Something, I honestly try to sit there and think to myself "This was all from Evolution" but I think it's just to unfathomable for man to understand the origins of everything lol. Not just man kind, going deeper than that. Anyway, I don't follow religion because its man made, I do like to learn about religion and different beliefs, but I don't believe in it. When push comes to shove I think we're apart of a system created by something.

Aggo
06-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Religion is the amyl nitrate of the masses.

Dean
06-24-2014, 07:54 PM

Dean
06-24-2014, 08:08 PM

Babylon
06-24-2014, 08:53 PM
are posts just not showing up?

Pseudo™
06-24-2014, 09:01 PM
test......

Iron Mike
06-24-2014, 10:04 PM
I don't think there are enough seriously religious people around here to argue against Evolution the way you might be hoping.

Iron Mike
06-24-2014, 10:08 PM
I don't think there are enough seriously religious people around here to argue against evolution the way you might be hoping.

Dean
06-25-2014, 12:25 AM

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Dean
06-25-2014, 12:25 AM

Nicholas
06-25-2014, 02:31 AM
#AtheistintheHouse #DawkinsisaLegend #DarwinisKing

Denton
06-25-2014, 03:39 AM
Hue hue Hue. Religion is the downfall of mankind. The irony of religion is if it did not exist we would more likely have world peace. World peace will never happen however because theres a bunch of ignorant fucks who think some invisible deity(s) is controlling every single cause and effect outcome on this fucking planet.

NatsHubby
06-25-2014, 06:34 AM
I fucked the virgin mary and gave birth to Jesus christ.

Hubert Cumberdale
06-25-2014, 07:25 AM
One religion:

Don't Be A Cunt!!

Then you're going to hell.

Óðinn
06-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Hmmmm :high:

Babylon
06-25-2014, 10:38 AM
testing post.

Row
06-25-2014, 11:02 AM
?????

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

this thread works now

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Crysis , im reading your post

Dean
06-25-2014, 11:07 AM
It works?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

My pastor gave me a "DEBUNKING EVOLUTION" pamphlet. I'll post it in here. This should be interesting. I think its kind of funny I use this pamphlet as my bookmark for the Demon Haunted World, a book that advocates evolution. But...

Without further adieu..

Evolution Is Not Happening Now

First of all, the lack of a case for evolution is clear from the fact that no one has ever seen it happen. If it were a real process, evolution should still be occurring, and there should be many "transitional" forms that we could observe. What we see instead, of course, is an array of distinct "kinds" of plants and animals with many varieties within each kind, but with very clear and -- apparently -- unbridgeable gaps between the kinds. That is, for example, there are many varieties of dogs and many varieties of cats, but no "dats" or "cogs." Such variation is often called microevolution, and these minor horizontal (or downward) changes occur fairly often, but such changes are not true "vertical" evolution.

Evolutionary geneticists have often experimented on fruit flies and other rapidly reproducing species to induce mutational changes hoping they would lead to new and better species, but these have all failed to accomplish their goal. No truly new species has ever been produced, let alone a new "basic kind."

Babylon
06-25-2014, 11:30 AM
Hue hue Hue. Religion is the downfall of mankind. The irony of religion is if it did not exist we would more likely have world peace. World peace will never happen however because theres a bunch of ignorant fucks who think some invisible deity(s) is controlling every single cause and effect outcome on this fucking planet.

For the most part I am in agreeance, but you do also need to take into account the billions of dollars being used by religious organizations in the name of these deity(s) to better mankind and help our fellow man. Whilst I am in full agreeance that without religion, our world would be a better place, it does do good in our world now. In every culture, group, organization, and just any collective of people in general you will find good and bad things being done.

It works?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

My pastor gave me a "DEBUNKING EVOLUTION" pamphlet. I'll post it in here. This should be interesting. I think its kind of funny I use this pamphlet as my bookmark for the Demon Haunted World, a book that advocates evolution. But...

Without further adieu..

Evolution Is Not Happening Now

First of all, the lack of a case for evolution is clear from the fact that no one has ever seen it happen. If it were a real process, evolution should still be occurring, and there should be many "transitional" forms that we could observe. What we see instead, of course, is an array of distinct "kinds" of plants and animals with many varieties within each kind, but with very clear and -- apparently -- unbridgeable gaps between the kinds. That is, for example, there are many varieties of dogs and many varieties of cats, but no "dats" or "cogs." Such variation is often called microevolution, and these minor horizontal (or downward) changes occur fairly often, but such changes are not true "vertical" evolution.

Evolutionary geneticists have often experimented on fruit flies and other rapidly reproducing species to induce mutational changes hoping they would lead to new and better species, but these have all failed to accomplish their goal. No truly new species has ever been produced, let alone a new "basic kind."

So... evolution lacks a case because no one has seen it happen, but a cosmic jewish zombie being born from a virgin who created mankind out of a rib and some dirt is fully applicable? Seems legit.

This is almost copied and pasted from a large group of conservative arguments across the web, and it would be a waste of time for me to conjure a counter-argument for it because you can just find Richard Dawkins or any number of people's argument-crushing views on it online. I will copy/paste one of those, if need be, though.

Hubert Cumberdale
06-25-2014, 11:37 AM
It's the same logic as saying "If God was creating new animals and new races, he'd still be doing it".

Row
06-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Crysis , read your post, and to answer that question, evolution has many holes for it to be accepted, even Darwin acknowledged that

Nicholas
06-25-2014, 11:44 AM
First of all, the lack of a case for evolution is clear from the fact that no one has ever seen it happen.

Peppered Moths have evolved right in front of us - http://www.mothscount.org/text/63/peppered_moth_and_natural_selection.html

Damn flies won't mutate... Oh wait, the Curly Winged Fly bred in captivity for exotic animal food?! Huh!?

http://www.jangala.co.uk/assets/Image1.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Crysis , read your post, and to answer that question, evolution has many holes for it to be accepted, even Darwin acknowledged that

Please enlighten us. Darwin was afraid of ridicule by religious nutjobs.

Hubert Cumberdale
06-25-2014, 11:44 AM
In regards to Denton, to say religion is the reason for all the world wars is ridiculous. Religion is the excuse for world wars.

An isolated example, which works for the scale, is Northern Ireland Vs Southern Ireland. This is a pretty feud between two countries based on a line. Protestantism and Catholicism is the excuse which both sides have adopted, but that's just an excuse.

Row
06-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Please enlighten us. Darwin was afraid of ridicule by religious nutjobs.

in "Conflicts Between Darwin and Paleontology" , He commented on the origin of the eye, saying that "to suppose that the eye....... could have been formed by evolution, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree". <--- shows that he believes that the misguided element of chance being thought as the driving force of evolution could not have brought all these parts together at the right time to make such elaborate mechanisms of life (eyes, brain, so forth)

he didnt need a religious nutjob to say such a quote

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

furthermore Robert Jastrow, acknowledging the complexity of the eye said "The eye appears to have been designed; no designer of telescopes could have done it better".

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

all complex shit in the earth was made my a designer

Supsie
06-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Guys Watch This It's Good For This Thread It's A Hip Hop Song Aswell
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-SrHOc7bg9M

Godbody
06-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Humans were created by another being(s)

Whites were created by a combination of breeding blacks and killing off the darker skinned ones + moving away from the equator, where its cold and the nights are longer. Shorter days and longer nights means minimal exposure to the sun, so less melanin gets into your skin.

Like Dean said earlier if evolution were true we'd be observing it. We've existed for hundreds of years as homo sapiens & there haven't been many visible changes

Babylon
06-25-2014, 12:19 PM
in "Conflicts Between Darwin and Paleontology" , He commented on the origin of the eye, saying that "to suppose that the eye....... could have been formed by evolution, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree". <--- shows that he believes that the misguided element of chance being thought as the driving force of evolution could not have brought all these parts together at the right time to make such elaborate mechanisms of life (eyes, brain, so forth)

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

furthermore Robert Jastrow, acknowledging the complexity of the eye said "The eye appears to have been designed; no designer of telescopes could have done it better".

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Surely you don't base your opinions on what someone said that something "appears" to be, Row..

The eye is a perfect example of the beaks in the finches mentioned withinin my OP, a beneficial complex part of the body created by the genes and DNA of our ancestors. Are you then saying that the Finch analogy is inherently inaccurate? If so, please share how so we can further discuss this.

"All complex shit in the earth was made by a designer"

That's a perfectly valid opinion for you to have, all you have to do now is demonstrate it or any logical thinking person will see you as uninformed. So far you've demonstrated your side of the argument with something a random dude said the eye "appeared" to be. I'm sure you see just how shaky that argument is..

Aggo
06-25-2014, 12:21 PM
There are though. People are getting taller, stronger, faster. Weather or not it is because were adapting and evolving I don't know, but we are changing.

Supsie
Crysis you check video out I posted?

Enfinite
Agreed with Godbody. Like I said before my comments were all deleted by shitty servers. Intelligence creates intelligence in my opinion. We didn't just evolve, something made us. Whether it be a conscious, cognitive being, or the universe or whatever. We were made. That's how i see it at least.

Row
06-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Surely you don't base your opinions on what someone said that something "appears" to be, Row..

The eye is a perfect example of the beaks in the finches mentioned withinin my OP, a beneficial complex part of the body created by the genes and DNA of our ancestors. Are you then saying that the Finch analogy is inherently inaccurate? If so, please share how so we can further discuss this.

"All complex shit in the earth was made by a designer"

That's a perfectly valid opinion for you to have, all you have to do now is demonstrate it or any logical thinking person will see you as uninformed. So far you've demonstrated your side of the argument with something a random dude said the eye "appeared" to be. I'm sure you see just how shaky that argument is..

its not just someone, or a random dude, its an advocate of evolution seeing flaws in his theory

Godbody
06-25-2014, 12:30 PM
There are though. People are getting taller, stronger, faster. Weather or not it is because were adapting and evolving I don't know, but we are changing.

genetics

Aggo
06-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Ever consider the reason humans havent evolved is because we have taken natural selection away. We doctor the sick. Kids born with deformities and abnormalities that would perish young at one point are now nurtured and grow to reproduce. It is no longer survival of the fittest so we havent needed to evolve. Instead we evolve technology. Maybe we will evolve technology to the point where it surpasses us. Then kills us. Then they will in the distant future forget their origins and come up with stories to satisfy their curiosity and we will be their long dead god.

Maybe thats what happened to us. Maybe god is dead.

Babylon
06-25-2014, 12:40 PM
its not just someone, or a random dude, its an advocate of evolution seeing flaws in his theory

Seriously? Me saying "someone" or "random dude" is blatant hyperbole, care to ACTUALLY respond now, instead of cherry picking random things out of my argument and avoiding any real substance? The fact is what that person said means literally nothing. If Richard Dawkins himself went on TV tomorrow and starting going on and on about how evolution is bullshit it would mean literally nothing towards the case of Evolution. The person you cited stated his opinion on what the eye "seemed" or "appeared" to be, no fact at all was stated in what he said. Saying that something seems or appears like something else doesn't point out a flaw in anything, now if he had observable proof of what he said that would be groundbreaking. But he doesn't, does he?

Crysis you check video out I posted?

Just did, here's what I think about it:

The alien theory is very interesting, but not much factual evidence is supported for it. Instead people piece together things like Egyptians figures and attribute them to aliens when the fact is, we've been creating mythological creatures since the dawn of the imagination. Take movies and scyfy books for example. If you know more about the theory, I'd love to hear more. I'm not very knowledgeable on it tbh.

You guys are drastically overestimating evolution, it took billions of years of microevolutionary genetic changes to get us where we are today. To expect any macroevolutionary changes in just the hundreds of years we've been homo-Sapiens is 100% assinine. It took billions of years for Austrolopithicus to evolve into Arlopithicus, then it took the lengthy amount of time to get us to the homo-sapiens taxonomy. Microevolution is even faster than macroevolution (Things like getting taller as a species, or getting faster) and that is happening all around us. Go google some statistics people, microevolution is evident all around us. Any real macroevolutionary change has yet to surface, but the fact that Wolves evolved into common dogs is a blatant example of macroevolutionary changes to the point that two separate species were created. Hell, a tadpole grows legs and arms for gods sakes. For you guys to state that we would have observed something so far is like saying "My 2 month old baby hasn't grown to a functional human in 8 months, why can't he drive a car yet?"

Óðinn
06-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Humans were created by another being(s)

Whites were created by a combination of breeding blacks and killing off the darker skinned ones + moving away from the equator, where its cold and the nights are longer. Shorter days and longer nights means minimal exposure to the sun, so less melanin gets into your skin.

Like Dean said earlier if evolution were true we'd be observing it. We've existed for hundreds of years as homo sapiens & there haven't been many visible changes

We don't walk, machines transport us where we need to go.

We don't need to hunt, we've supermarkets to go to get our food.

We don't need to create fire to keep warm, we've got homes with heating.

Man will never evolve because we've become far to lazy and have no need to evolve.

Supsie
06-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Crysis ok cool i respect your opinion, i think It's just all a massive puzzle an if people wanna know the truth they gotta dig deep an connect the dots.

Babylon
06-25-2014, 01:04 PM
We don't walk, machines transport us where we need to go.

We don't need to hunt, we've supermarkets to go to get our food.

We don't need to create fire to keep warm, we've got homes with heating.

Man will never evolve because we've become far to lazy and have no need to evolve.

This is an interesting premise, but not very factual.

Evolution will NEVER stop, just because our evolutionary selection is being halted by our technological and societal advancements doesn't mean that there aren't other facets in which natural selection will improve us, and those societal/technological advancements could even give way to different/new natural selection proverbial "doors to open". Everything is "evolving". Every single time a new thing is born there could be ways in the future that natural selection makes it easier. But we are halting the progression of already enhanced genetic things by the aforementioned shortcuts in our lives, I believe, though.

Row
06-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Crysis and about that Finch argument,

the research group was led by Peter and Rosemary Grant who studied the finches and The Grants hypothesized that if droughts occur about once every 10 years on the islands, a new species of finch may come in only about 200 years but in the years following the drought, finches with smaller beaks again dominated the population so Peter Grant and a graduate student Lisle Gibbs wrote that they had seen what they called “a reversal in the direction of selection.” Grant wrote in 1991 that “the population, subjected to natural selection, is oscillating back and forth” each time the climate changes n the researchers also noticed that some of the different “species” of finches were interbreeding and producing offspring that survived better than the parents. Peter and Rosemary Grant concluded that if the interbreeding went on it could result in the fusion of two “species” into just one within 200 years. so Darwin’s finches are not becoming “anything new.” They're still finches, n the fact that they are interbreeding puts doubt on the methods some evolutionists use to define a species and they expose the fact that even prestigious scientific academies are not above reporting evidence in a biased manner.

Nicholas
06-25-2014, 02:01 PM
I'll let Crysis lead the charge here. I don't really have time to write huge posts right now. Row you need to stop getting information from Ken Ham or whoever it is your following. You're far off.

Row
06-25-2014, 02:03 PM
I'll let Crysis lead the charge here. I don't really have time to write huge posts right now. Row you need to stop getting information from Ken Ham or whoever it is your following. You're far off.

Sorry if what i know is perplexing to you. ill make this thread die and stfu

Nicholas
06-25-2014, 02:07 PM

Sorry if what i know is perplexing to you.

How anyone can believe in a creator in light of the mass of evidence to the contrary it pretty perplexing I will admit. What's hilarious to me is you say that evolution cannot explain the eye (which it can) but let's pretend it can't.... Is that all you really have? You pick that out of evolution. Have you ever read religious scriptures there is SOOOOOO much wrong, it's become a comedy. Talking of comedy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oH0ReL3Cew

Óðinn
06-25-2014, 02:15 PM
This is an interesting premise, but not very factual.

Evolution will NEVER stop, just because our evolutionary selection is being halted by our technological and societal advancements doesn't mean that there aren't other facets in which natural selection will improve us, and those societal/technological advancements could even give way to different/new natural selection proverbial "doors to open". Everything is "evolving". Every single time a new thing is born there could be ways in the future that natural selection makes it easier. But we are halting the progression of already enhanced genetic things by the aforementioned shortcuts in our lives, I believe, though.

I agree and disagree with you here. I mean, yes we could be only slowing down our evolutionary state. Though i honestly do not believe that we will evolve naturally further than we are now as we've become far to 'lazy/comfortable' with the way that life is for us now. Only way this Could happen is with some sort of disaster that would force us too.

As for technology advancements, i'd say that we may evolve in the future that way. With either chips implanted into our brains, enable some sort of telepathic abilities, though they'll be more on the side of mobile phones rather than naturally having the ability to do this.

Row
06-25-2014, 02:18 PM
no thats not all i have, was just the first thing that came to mind.
i dont even know why yall are acting so hostile when i was just answering a question i've been invited to answer. Whatever i digress, commence.

Godbody
06-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Ever consider the reason humans havent evolved is because we have taken natural selection away. We doctor the sick. Kids born with deformities and abnormalities that would perish young at one point are now nurtured and grow to reproduce. It is no longer survival of the fittest so we havent needed to evolve. Instead we evolve technology. Maybe we will evolve technology to the point where it surpasses us. Then kills us. Then they will in the distant future forget their origins and come up with stories to satisfy their curiosity and we will be their long dead god.

Maybe thats what happened to us. Maybe god is dead.

someone give this man a medal

Aggo
06-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Ancient Humans Had Sex with Mystery Relatives

http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-humans-had-sex-mystery-relatives-study-suggests-125041799.html

Óðinn
06-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Ancient Humans Had Sex with Mystery Relatives

http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-humans-had-sex-mystery-relatives-study-suggests-125041799.html

Interesting read. :high: