PDA

View Full Version : How Seriously Do You Take Letsbeef?

RULE
06-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Like the title says. How much importance do you place on LB? Is it just a 10 minute a day stop on your bookmarks? Is it your biggest hobby? Does winning a title mean a lot to you?

1/

Shodan
06-24-2014, 03:24 PM
I dunno. Since I'm a total n00b I can't say it's my absolute life. Yes I do stop here several times a day, like all of the many sites I have book marked. I spend like 1 minute writing for every 10 I spend browsing through forums and old shit though.

Overall, it's fun, but I wouldn't swallow a cyanide pill if it disappeared. We should get a battle in rule

Babylon
06-24-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm here way too much.

That's all I'll say.

Óðinn
06-24-2014, 03:29 PM
I'm usually on most of the day... all day, every day. So i'd say it does play a big part to me. Yes i'd like to win a few titles. Only websites i go to are Facebook/Youtube and Letsbeef sooooo it's become more of everyday activity while online. :high:

Rican
It's a Hobby. My biggest one

Shodan
I'm here way too much.

That's all I'll say.

Drug rehab is three blocks down on your right

Dean
06-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Next to reading, this is my biggest hobby.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Although My time on this site is sporadic. Some months I'll be highly motivated to win everything, and during other months, I'll only log in a couple of times.

Enfinite
06-24-2014, 03:36 PM
I've been here off and on for 4 years now. It's what really shaped me as a writer. It's what ultimately had me fall in love with writing in general. Poetry all of that. So I'd say it plays a big part. I would love to see it booming again, but I'm happy with it. I'm on most of the day when I have nothing else going on, I talk to other members on a daily basis. It's big.

Aggo
06-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Its a creative outlet/place to share ideas. A title would be cool and ill still try for one but I don't place real value on it. There are some people here I enjoy talking to. TinyChat freestyle sessions are dope. If LB disappeared I wouldn't mind so much as long as the tinychat didn't die.

Babylon
06-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Drug rehab is three blocks down on your right

I'd relapse immediately, though. :(

RULE
06-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Anyone consider winning a GC as a major achievement in life beyond just this site?

Aggo
06-24-2014, 03:41 PM
no, i don't

Óðinn
06-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Anyone consider winning a GC as a major achievement in life beyond just this site?

Hmmm... not really, no. But if it was a tourney run against the best of the best the whole way through to win the GC, best believe i'd be one happy drunk. :high:

Enfinite
06-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Not really. It's more of a confidence boost if anything.
"Hey someone likes my writing and what I do".
But I'm not gonna walk around with a white tee with "Grand Champion" on it lol.

Óðinn
06-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Not really. It's more of a confidence boost if anything.
"Hey someone likes my writing and what I do".
But I'm not gonna walk around with a white tee with "Grand Champion" on it lol.

^Lmfao.... :D Put an image in my head there haha... Walking down the road, meet & greeting everyone on the street. "Hi there, i'm the new GC this year, how you doing? alright"..."Hi there, i'm the new GC this year, how you doing? alright" hahaha...

Fidel Z
06-24-2014, 03:55 PM
This one time I nearly got a title.

Obey
06-24-2014, 03:58 PM
I mostly enjoy the ability to connect things in lines. Battling in the text arena is fun to me, it's like a puzzle that needs to be put together. When people recognize what you're trying to do, like Enfinite said, it's a confidence boost. Everyone on this site is pretty damn smart too for the most part and not bad of people to associate w/. I hope Letsbeef sticks around for years to come.

Shodan
06-24-2014, 04:01 PM
I hope Letsbeef sticks around for years to come.

It will probably be around in 2018. It won't end with something catastrophic, it'll just slowly dwindle away in accordance with that one quote I'm too lazy to find.

Godbody
06-24-2014, 04:02 PM
I been on and off for years now...taking a year off n chillin, comin back doin a few battles and leavin again etc

The site is unique & obviously we're all brought here for the affinity we have for lyrics/battling/rap in general

I almost come on here daily. there's times i'll take days off. or a week. but then come back 1 day and spend an hour or 2, or 3, bullshittin in the chatbox/forums..

AfterThought
06-24-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm just here for Fidel posts nowadays tbh

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Forreal though, this site is fun period

X-Calibur
06-24-2014, 04:06 PM
I've been coming back and fourth since 2006 in my six years of visiting I have been threw lots of stages in my ability to write rhymes to my general attitude every time I log back in I'm a different person to the one I was last time.... I love rap music period I love reading and listening to creative lyrics full stop as I've grown up over the past 6 years my interest to rap steered massively but back when I was 16-18 I thought I was going to be the new eminem and sites like these have helped me realize that ain't going to happen haaaaa .....

This site has provided a great outlet for my abstract thoughts and feelings and somewhere to vet some anger... I'll never forget my time on LB and nor do I ever think ill ever not log in again as long as LB is here ill always drop in and read some shit ...

.:X:.

Enfinite
06-24-2014, 04:07 PM
I've been coming back and fourth since 2006 in my six years of visiting I have been threw lots of stages in my ability to write rhymes to my general attitude every time I log back in I'm a different person to the one I was last time.... I love rap music period I love reading and listening to creative lyrics full stop as I've grown up over the past 6 years my interest to rap steered massively but back when I was 16-18 I thought I was going to be the new eminem and sites like these have helped me realize that ain't going to happen haaaaa .....

This site has provided a great outlet for my abstract thoughts and feelings and somewhere to vet some anger... I'll never forget my time on LB and nor do I ever think ill ever not log in again as long as LB is here ill always drop in and read some shit ...

.:X:.
In your past six years you seemed to have left out the other two.

X-Calibur
06-24-2014, 04:12 PM

Stuck in a time warp haaaaa shit son it's 8years da fuck does time goooooooo.......

Babylon
06-24-2014, 04:15 PM

Fucking lost it.

X-Calibur
06-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Fucking lost it.

Never fucking had it .....
:grass:

The Dope Man
06-24-2014, 05:07 PM
It's one of my main hobbies, it's a great place to write & communicate with people who share the same interests.

I don't really work hard at elevating, but that's because it's not main priority of mine & elevating doesn't pay bills lol

I go through long streaks using the site tho.. I've been on a using streaks for about a year straight now, feel like i might disappear soon, but who knows. I like rhyming & some of you are chill, intelligent people that bring up good, meaningful discussions.

Rhyming is good exercise for the brain, helps relieve stress, & it's an activity to keep me occupied on my free time.

X-Calibur
06-24-2014, 05:10 PM
It's one of my main hobbies, it's a great place to write & communicate with people who share the same interests.

I don't really work hard at elevating, but that's because it's not main priority of mine & elevating doesn't pay bills lol

I go through long streaks using the site tho.. I've been on a using streaks for about a year straight now, feel like i might disappear soon, but who knows. I like rhyming & some of you are chill, intelligent people that bring up good, meaningful discussions.

Rhyming is good exercise for the brain, helps relieve stress, & it's an activity to keep me occupied on my free time.

Amen to that statement brother !!!

Hubert Cumberdale
06-24-2014, 05:15 PM
While I'm actually online, I take it fairly seriously. Like I work hard enough when I'm on to put some ideas together, or whenever I've ran things etc. It's a fairly huge hobby, and let's be realistic I've known guys like UA, Nick, Rican etc. since I was 14 years old, so you do get to talking to guys over a long period of time. I think the best thing about LB is knowing you were a part of it. When HHA got shut down, the owner gave a shout out to a few of their members. While I know I'm not exactly the greatest battler around, I do like to think that I've played a solid part in the site and would have some memorable moments should it ever go down.

When I'm offline though, the site disappears from my mind. A couple of times when I'm really into battling, I'll be thinking of some lines at night or something like that, but in general, the laptop lid shuts and all you cunts disappear.

Denton
06-24-2014, 05:18 PM
I have it bookmarked even though I'll never forget the name. Letsbeef is pretty serious for me because i spend money on this site. I may not be active in the battle scene anymore but I love the community here and I love being a part of the staff here.

Supsie
06-24-2014, 07:34 PM
I like letsbeef alot but don't take it to serious, more of a hobby/fun thing. Im not about to pull a mani mula over lossing a battle know what I mean?

SAND
06-24-2014, 07:57 PM
#LBisLIFE

Rican
06-24-2014, 09:44 PM
I Love reading some post

Great stuff

Rican
06-24-2014, 09:47 PM
I Love reading some post

Great stuff

Dean
06-24-2014, 11:34 PM
The main reason I want to win a grand championship is to have my name highlighted in blue.

Nicholas
06-25-2014, 02:36 AM

Hmm not sure I would go that far but it would definitely be very satisfying. I think it would give me some closure should I ever decide to finally kick the LB Bucket. That and HOF-Status.

NatsHubby
06-25-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm usually on most of the day... all day, every day. So i'd say it does play a big part to me. Yes i'd like to win a few titles. Only websites i go to are Facebook/Youtube and Letsbeef sooooo it's become more of everyday activity while online. :high:

^same

Hubert Cumberdale
06-25-2014, 07:20 AM
I hate the whole "You wouldn't say that to my face" bullshit. I bet I could say half the shit I say (and probably would) and you guys wouldn't do shit. Not because I look hard but because you don't knock people out just because you got called a cunt.

Iron Mike
06-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Nowhere near as seriously as I once did. I can log off and forget this place even exists for another month or two tbh. I'm only logging in frequently these days to make sure I don't miss the One Bar Tourney that 2FUEL is running that I signed up for.

Saxx
06-25-2014, 10:16 AM
As seriously as life....

Not very. Its fun though!