PDA

View Full Version : MVB Awards?

Obey
06-24-2014, 02:57 PM
I was glancing at RULE's accumulated statistic's chart, the point system for all your tournament wins, etc.. I always wondered why the ''Most Valuable Battler'' or Battler of the Year was never rewarded for doing such? Basically the one who's won the most/made the biggest impact. I think it'd be a great addition to add (like trophies in the bottom) an MVP type of award. No title, there's too many. But I think it'd be cool if there was a vote at the end of each year for this person. http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfence/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nbamvptrophy.jpg

In this realms of that ^.. I think it'd just be a cool idea and it'd help push everyone harder to become better and stay more active. Thoughts?

Shodan
06-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Speaking of those, it's funny how UNKNOWN ARTIST is the highest in the "Greatest of Champions" ranking. UA is extremely good, no doubt, but DaDDiO is the GOAT and everyone knows it. I call these misleading numbers the "BarzILLA effect."

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

To answer the OP: Don't we have enough superfluous, ridiculous awards as is?

Obey
06-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Speaking of those, it's funny how UNKNOWN ARTIST is the highest in the "Greatest of Champions" ranking. UA is extremely good, no doubt, but DaDDiO is the GOAT and everyone knows it. I call these misleading numbers the "BarzILLA effect."

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

To answer the OP: Don't we have enough superfluous, ridiculous awards as is?

DaDDiO is the GOAT in the sense of material he's put out. But in the long run, it comes down to tourney wins and HOF. Not saying DaDDiO couldn't have surpassed that, but UA has destroyed plenty of GCs and that's the big stage.

RULE
06-24-2014, 03:06 PM
I was glancing at RULE's accumulated statistic's chart, the point system for all your tournament wins, etc.. I always wondered why the ''Most Valuable Battler'' or Battler of the Year was never rewarded for doing such? Basically the one who's won the most/made the biggest impact. I think it'd be a great addition to add (like trophies in the bottom) an MVP type of award. No title, there's too many. But I think it'd be cool if there was a vote at the end of each year for this person. http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfence/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nbamvptrophy.jpg

In this realms of that ^.. I think it'd just be a cool idea and it'd help push everyone harder to become better and stay more active. Thoughts?

We do have a battler of the year award?

RULE
06-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Speaking of those, it's funny how UNKNOWN ARTIST is the highest in the "Greatest of Champions" ranking. UA is extremely good, no doubt, but DaDDiO is the GOAT and everyone knows it.

Thats an opinion, not a fact.

UA winning the most championships is a fact.

Obey
06-24-2014, 03:08 PM
We do have a battler of the year award?

Really? I've never seen it, where is it?

RULE
06-24-2014, 03:10 PM
http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125080

Textcees of the year:

09 - Jason
10 - RULE
11 - RULE
12 - Askari
13 - ILLoKWENT

1/

Obey
06-24-2014, 03:14 PM
http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125080

Textcees of the year:

09 - Jason
10 - RULE
11 - RULE
12 - Askari
13 - ILLoKWENT

1/

Oh yeah, I know that. But not many people venture to them threads, Idk I just think it'd be cool to recognize the battler of the year w/ something like every sport does. You'd be a 2x MVB right now. :D

RULE
06-24-2014, 03:18 PM
you know how RULE do :D

Hubert Cumberdale
06-24-2014, 04:54 PM
I'd personally rank UA above DaDDiO. DaDDiO's best probably beats UA's best, but DaD couldn't take tournaments with the consistency of UA. If DaDDiO had stayed active throughout his entire LB run, he'd have taken losses to loads of mid to low name guys, kind of like how Grizz has.

lllllllllllll
06-24-2014, 05:03 PM
I think the yearly awards should get more recognition. Like their should be a tab or something, lets say under Rankings called "LB Awards"..

Most of the time, our guest don't scramble through the forums like that so it'll be hard for them to see who's been killing shit yearly.

Dean
06-25-2014, 11:14 PM
I thought Rule had the most titles.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Interesting point system. Green titles should be worth .2 or something lol.

The Dope Man
06-26-2014, 10:59 AM
I think the yearly awards should get more recognition. Like their should be a tab or something, lets say under Rankings called "LB Awards"..

Most of the time, our guest don't scramble through the forums like that so it'll be hard for them to see who's been killing shit yearly.

yeah i agree with this^